Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 102. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
September 23, 2013, 03:34:02 AM
is it just good luck or is the hash rate increasing? 
Just good luck. You can see the hashrate of the AM here
http://erpao.info/

The domain name is quite interesting. erpao, in Chinese is Er(二) Pao(炮) (Second Artillery), is an acronym of a very famous people's liberation army unit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Artillery_Corps

Why AM is using this as its internal hash meter's domain name? or maybe it is my misinterpretation?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 23, 2013, 03:32:56 AM
The clown-boat appears to have sprung a leak.

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
September 23, 2013, 03:31:33 AM
Over 200TH/s on short term, but yeah trend is certainly higher over a week.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 23, 2013, 03:22:11 AM
Where did this come from and why is this the first time that I'm seeing this?

I am sharing the same feeling. Who and what is the source of this?

Shit! is this directly updating from the farm? I never heard of this!

Footer: "ASICMiner Solo Meter pre-alpha", Is this legit guys??
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 23, 2013, 03:21:01 AM

Shit! is this directly updating from the farm? I never heard of this!
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 23, 2013, 03:19:07 AM

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 23, 2013, 03:14:19 AM
3 blocks in the span of 10 mins...the cat is surely lucky.
Activity: 121
September 22, 2013, 11:45:36 PM
Activity: 67
September 22, 2013, 10:32:04 PM
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 22, 2013, 09:31:06 PM
Activity: 70
Expert Computer Geek
September 22, 2013, 01:35:06 PM
(_!_capthcha)~TRANS FRIEDCAT?  Grin LOL!
 -v\/v-

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
September 22, 2013, 03:05:10 AM
Does this count?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2788821

Edit: If he plans to update quarterly, you should have updated numbers in about a month.

Yes and thank you.
So we are trading now below July 2013 book value?
Have expenses gone up dramatically, income form mining dropped like a rock and sales dried up in 2 months?
Everything changes way too fast around here and this is why quarterly reports just do not work in BTC land Smiley
Activity: 854
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
September 22, 2013, 01:16:39 AM
I also agree that it's better to sell gen1 hardware.  I'm amazed that there are suckers out there that are still willing to buy gen1 hardware.  In the near future, ASIC gen1 mining is going to be as fruitless as CPU or GPU mining is now.  Especially if some of the BTC price action predictions become reality.  (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3051951)

Am I the only one that thinks AM should consider abandoning hardware sales altogether once they have gen2 mining hardware in hand and stick to self mining and franchising/leasing?  The idea being that AM set up multiple mining farms in bitcoin friendly jurisdictions around the world (hopefully with cheap electricity).  Those that want mining income can then buy shares instead of hardware.  That way your investment buys a fixed percentage of AM's profits rather than a fixed hash rate offered by a piece of equipment.

I don't think your post makes much sense.

Theme of first part:  It is amazing that people will pay so much for ASIC miners.
Idea in second part:  Next generation we should not sell ASIC miners.

I understand that you think that gen 2 will initially more profitable than currently mining with gen 1.  But if people are willing to overpay now for ASIC hardware, it is also likely that they will overpay for gen 2.

I'm assuming that those who have overpaid for gen1 or seen others overpay for gen1 are going to be less willing to do so again.  However, like PT Barnum once said.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_a_sucker_born_every_minute

I just think more folks that are seeking long-term income will conclude it's a better idea to buy a percentage of the profits generated by AM's hash rate than to buy a piece of AM hardware with a fixed hash rate.
Activity: 70
September 22, 2013, 12:24:24 AM
People seem to be missing hardware sales. It looks like AsicMiner chose to sell instead of mine for pretty much everything they are producing. Given the prices, it looks like the most profitable thing to do. (Already mentioned a few pages before.)

I still think financials aren't hard, like once a month. Total mined, total sold, what is kept for reinvestment.

I totally agree with that. At this point is better to sell all hardware. Take all the money now and start reinvesting in gen2, also they will probably get more profit than just mining.

The question is how fast are they going to start selling/mining with gen2, because the first takes all the market.

I also agree that it's better to sell gen1 hardware.  I'm amazed that there are suckers out there that are still willing to buy gen1 hardware.  In the near future, ASIC gen1 mining is going to be as fruitless as CPU or GPU mining is now.  Especially if some of the BTC price action predictions become reality.  (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3051951)

Am I the only one that thinks AM should consider abandoning hardware sales altogether once they have gen2 mining hardware in hand and stick to self mining and franchising/leasing?  The idea being that AM set up multiple mining farms in bitcoin friendly jurisdictions around the world (hopefully with cheap electricity).  Those that want mining income can then buy shares instead of hardware.  That way your investment buys a fixed percentage of AM's profits rather than a fixed hash rate offered by a piece of equipment.

I don't think your post makes much sense.

Theme of first part:  It is amazing that people will pay so much for ASIC miners.
Idea in second part:  Next generation we should not sell ASIC miners.

I understand that you think that gen 2 will initially more profitable than currently mining with gen 1.  But if people are willing to overpay now for ASIC hardware, it is also likely that they will overpay for gen 2.
Activity: 854
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
September 21, 2013, 10:41:20 PM
People seem to be missing hardware sales. It looks like AsicMiner chose to sell instead of mine for pretty much everything they are producing. Given the prices, it looks like the most profitable thing to do. (Already mentioned a few pages before.)

I still think financials aren't hard, like once a month. Total mined, total sold, what is kept for reinvestment.

I totally agree with that. At this point is better to sell all hardware. Take all the money now and start reinvesting in gen2, also they will probably get more profit than just mining.

The question is how fast are they going to start selling/mining with gen2, because the first takes all the market.

Unlimited Free Crypto
September 21, 2013, 10:30:07 PM

Also, franchising makes little sense anymore.  AM is no longer in any danger of taking over a majority of the network (though Ghash.io and BTCGuild are another matter).

A sensible strategy would be to mine with all gen 2 produced until it is breakeven between mining and selling.  Then at that point sell gen 2 and work on gen 3.

Franchising was not conceived to avoid having 51%. That's not the point of it.
What the point of it then?  What does it succeed that neither mining themselves or outright selling them does not?

space and energy are not infinite even if you are willing to pay for it.
Activity: 210
September 21, 2013, 10:27:50 PM

Also, franchising makes little sense anymore.  AM is no longer in any danger of taking over a majority of the network (though Ghash.io and BTCGuild are another matter).

A sensible strategy would be to mine with all gen 2 produced until it is breakeven between mining and selling.  Then at that point sell gen 2 and work on gen 3.

What the point of it then?  What does it succeed that neither mining themselves or outright selling them does not?
Activity: 210
September 21, 2013, 10:27:07 PM
Don't discount insider trading possibilities.  You'd think gen2 would be announced by now but they may be delaying the announcement while scooping up cheaper shares.
Definitely possible and that will be what people will cry about who sold out in panic if it bounces back hard after an announcement
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
September 21, 2013, 09:55:19 PM
Don't discount insider trading possibilities.  You'd think gen2 would be announced by now but they may be delaying the announcement while scooping up cheaper shares.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 21, 2013, 09:54:14 PM

Jump to: