Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Pacquiao vs Matthysse July 15 2018 - page 10. (Read 1273 times)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 439

Manny is already old, he might not win a fight again. He might be out of shape already after months of no jogging and practice. But maybe for the sake of  exposure he will just fight and even if he lose he is not after the money.  The guy is already rich I think he is running for senate re election and this game is one of his plan to appear in the media.
Lol. How do you know that he is out of shape with no jogging for months and no sparring? Do you have inside information about all of this? Yes, he is super rich already and I think he is one of the richest in the Philippines, but he is not taking this fight lightly because he still loves boxing and he wanted to give his fans not only in his country but throughout the world. So I'm sure that he will come and ready to war and will still prove that he can still fight and gives us a good show. But win or lose, its really time for him to give up and just focus on being a Senator on his country in my opinion.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 15/7 | JOIN NOW!
Manny is too old to fight. Don't get me wrong, I love Manny, but he should be retiring and not fighting anymore. He doesn't have it anymore, too much luxury, joining politics, church stuff, etc. He is too preoccupied to even be fighting anyone. He doesn't even train as hard before a fight like he did back then. This will be a clear win for Matthysse, but gambling wise, we'll have to see the odds.

No its not, Manny is not the person who easily give up, he has a determination, discipline and fighting spirit that's why he achieved what he is today...and I believe he can do it, he can win against his opponent. And im going to bet with him
Activity: 659
Merit: 250

Manny is already old, he might not win a fight again. He might be out of shape already after months of no jogging and practice. But maybe for the sake of  exposure he will just fight and even if he lose he is not after the money.  The guy is already rich I think he is running for senate re election and this game is one of his plan to appear in the media.
We know that he's not only a boxer to his country and we can still underestimate Pacquiao even he is old he can give a great fight if his opponent will have a good fighting skills and not just only running or clinching like the others do. I think its not for politics but for his last fight because he loves that sport.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
I'm worth it looks like Manny has taken the song very seriously its surprising that the fight is going to take place, he's just trying to make more money but I really feel he should respect the game and walk away, he's tarnishing his own image. I can't see the sight of him beaten up but that's what's going to happen. I hope his advisors advise him to step down and enjoy retirement.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 322
Seriously, Manny Pacquiao should just retire he is old and really slow compare before when he really young he moves so fast and quick unlike today he cares all about the money. This is all about the money now, boxing is all about the money. After Manny Pacquiao's last fight it was really rigged probably, they paid Manny Pacquiao to lose so that the young boxer can be a star on his own and even challenged Mayweather the chicken boxer. Boxing now is really like acting now they are being controlled by the management for money, which is why I don't watch boxing anymore.

Sometime my impressions in boxing these days specially to those famous fighters can be viewed similar to how wrestling act on stage. Everything was just a matter of game plan along with the promotion goals in their fighting set-up. Even if the Manny won't be honest to tell everybody that its just a game for money, we couldn't stop the people on speculating stories like being controlled by the management of the boxing game promotion. Although not certain, but the reality brought us negative thinking that this coming boxing fight in July 15 might not be fair as what we expect from Manny.
What are you expecting from Manny in this fight? Manny right now is not fighting for the love of the sport, he just want money and fame as we all knew that he love being surrounded by media and he is now old for boxing. I love money but don't support the idea of him fighting in the sunset of his career. 
Boxing needs a strong person and as you people are discussing that Many is to old and has no interest in game but more interest in money. I will tell you one thing game needs passion and spirit and if one has none of these then he will definitely has weak grasp on game. On the other hand you should bet of a person who has qualities like I discussed and is able to win.
Activity: 378
Manny is too old to fight. Don't get me wrong, I love Manny, but he should be retiring and not fighting anymore. He doesn't have it anymore, too much luxury, joining politics, church stuff, etc. He is too preoccupied to even be fighting anyone. He doesn't even train as hard before a fight like he did back then. This will be a clear win for Matthysse, but gambling wise, we'll have to see the odds.

Yes, you're right mate.. Manny is too much old to play and fight the game. There's a such thing to be made by the newly elected to play. It's not the win over by the loss.. But Manny is becoming older, his faster than ever before but lately his game is became to slow.
I am a very big fan of Manny Pacquiao as i follow his fights from the amateur days. I hate to see Manny lose a fight and this fight with Matthysse should not happen on my opinion because whether we admit it or not, father time is now cathing Manny. His speed and power has abandoned him and it is very evident on the Jeff Horn fight. The killer instinct that we used to see in him is not there anymore.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
Not related to Pacquiao vs Matthysse fight but I think if I mention the Jeff Horn at least that rings a bell. Well Jeff Horn had a title fight today with Terence Crawford. Unlike Jeff Horn's fight with Manny Pacquiao, this fight ended in the 9th round with Terence Crawford raising his hand in victory. I guess the only way to beat a boxer with 3 judges and a referee behind him is knock him out.

Anyway, going back to Pacquiao vs Matthysse, I heard the the ticket price is expensive . Starting at $125 USD to $4,900 USD considering that there are no titles on the line and fight is not in Vegas. I'll just wait for it in free TV of someone will try to broadcast it in Facebook live.

His win against Manny has a home cooked decision. Look at how Terrence, now at 147 lbs, box and defeated the rugged Horn. So by now Manny is somewhat vindicated and Jeff Horn will simply be remembered as the man with questionable win over Manny.

But if the price is that expensive, I don't think that they can fill the stadium, its really expensive and as a fan, I wouldn't buy that ticket though and yeah might be looking for a live stream.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
Seriously, Manny Pacquiao should just retire he is old and really slow compare before when he really young he moves so fast and quick unlike today he cares all about the money. This is all about the money now, boxing is all about the money. After Manny Pacquiao's last fight it was really rigged probably, they paid Manny Pacquiao to lose so that the young boxer can be a star on his own and even challenged Mayweather the chicken boxer. Boxing now is really like acting now they are being controlled by the management for money, which is why I don't watch boxing anymore.

Sometime my impressions in boxing these days specially to those famous fighters can be viewed similar to how wrestling act on stage. Everything was just a matter of game plan along with the promotion goals in their fighting set-up. Even if the Manny won't be honest to tell everybody that its just a game for money, we couldn't stop the people on speculating stories like being controlled by the management of the boxing game promotion. Although not certain, but the reality brought us negative thinking that this coming boxing fight in July 15 might not be fair as what we expect from Manny.
What are you expecting from Manny in this fight? Manny right now is not fighting for the love of the sport, he just want money and fame as we all knew that he love being surrounded by media and he is now old for boxing. I love money but don't support the idea of him fighting in the sunset of his career. 
I think he's famous enough and he earned already millions of money.I know he's really a good fighter but he's not getting any younger.And i don't think he's still focused in his game just like before,he has lot of priorities right now like in politics,church and even in some of his charity activities.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
Not related to Pacquiao vs Matthysse fight but I think if I mention the Jeff Horn at least that rings a bell. Well Jeff Horn had a title fight today with Terence Crawford. Unlike Jeff Horn's fight with Manny Pacquiao, this fight ended in the 9th round with Terence Crawford raising his hand in victory. I guess the only way to beat a boxer with 3 judges and a referee behind him is knock him out.

Anyway, going back to Pacquiao vs Matthysse, I heard the the ticket price is expensive . Starting at $125 USD to $4,900 USD considering that there are no titles on the line and fight is not in Vegas. I'll just wait for it in free TV of someone will try to broadcast it in Facebook live.

That TKO win by Crawford silenced Jeff Horn's "special" staff behind him.

If anyone remember, Jeff Horn's trainer/manager said that if Yuriorkis Gamboa (former opponent of Crawford) could hurt Crawford, the much more bigger and strong Jeff Horn clearly could hurt him too and even stop or TKO Crawford. The resulf of that fight is TKO by Crawford. Also the reference of that trainer is, Jeff Horn able to matched Manny Pacquaio's power in close combat but again, Pacquiao is already 38 yrs old back back then and there was an accidental cuts on Pacquiao’s hairline and over his left eye. And the result, a questioned decision.

Too much confidence at it's finest.

Manny Pacquiao-Lucas Matthysse Undercard

Junior Flyweight (title defend)
Carlos Canizales (Venezuela) (current holder) vs Lu Bin (China)

Flyweight (vacant as Donnie Nietes (Philippines) decides to moves up a class)
Moruti Mthalane (South Africa)  vs Muhammad Waseem (Pakistan)

Featherweight
Jhack Tepora (Philippines) vs Edivaldo Ortega (Mexico)
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

Boxing is a business, with Managers, TV Networks (HBO and SHO and ESPN) and PPV's of course everyone is really here to make a lot of money. Just look at how Floyd crosses over to fight Conor McGregor. But the only difference with WWE or WWF its not boxing doesn't have a story line so there are no setup fights wherein someone will deliberately throw the fight.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0

legendary

Yes, you're right mate.. Manny is too much old to play and fight the game. There's a such thing to be made by the newly elected to play. It's not the win over by the loss.. But Manny is becoming older, his faster than ever before but lately his game is became to slow.

Obviously when you get old, the first thing that boxing fans noticed is the lost of speed. There are a lot of boxers who deteriorated overtime once they reach their peaked and the first thing sign is the hands speed. Manny is no exception to that boxing's theory. Roy Jones for example, lost his number one weapon, which is hands speed. His one of the best boxers of his era 1990-2000. But suffered lost after lost when he got old because he don't know defense and his only weapon is his quick and lightning hands and reflexes.
Activity: 214

Activity: 896
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
I can't remember Manny doing interviews and saying it straight that he can beat his opponent. That's one thing that we love him, he is very down to earth and don't do much trash talking and let his hands do the talk. Such amazement to really see his journey, from a obscure kid back in his town, but lots of dream and now one of the richest sports personalities and a sitting Senator in the Philippines.
As far as I can remember every time he gets interviewed, he's giving encouraging words and its obvious to understand that the point is he can beat his enemy.
He even told the interviewer that he can beat his opponent (I forgot) in few rounds. He never says it straight but in others words he's confident when he's saying such words.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
I remember Senator Manny explaining why he wants to fight and still want's to fight even when he won as a Congressman and a Senator. He once said that his body is looking for it. He felt after a day in the office and all his friends and colleagues left after working, he felt alone. Boxing has been his way of life since he is a teenager so its hard for him to leave the sport. It may look like its all about the money but if its just about money, boxing is not his only source of income now. He has a dormitory building in Manila, a grocery store in Gen San, he has a share on One FC and other good businesses like public transportation.
Activity: 462
DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3
legendary
Lucas Matthysse, I do not really know a whole lot about him, but when they first started talking about this fight, I looked up some videos of him, and the boy has some hands, Manny does too!!  You gotta watch this whiteboy he is quick and strong!!!! 36 k/o's this fight will not last 10 rounds!!!

LOL. He is not technically a "white boy" but he is from Argentina. Yes, during his prime Lucas is one of the biggest puncher around 140 lbs and he has a lot of KO throughout his career. So anything can happen.

You gotta watch this whiteboy he is quick and strong!!!! 36 k/o's this fight will not last 10 rounds!!!
It's easy to give prediction but during the actual fight things might change. We shouldn't underestimate him as Manny doesn't do it although when he's on interviews, he's giving his own opinion that he can beat his opponent easily. I guess that's a way to boost his confidence, as a fighter you shouldn't show your enemy that you are frightened against him.
I cannot imagine how Manny manages his time because he's a man full of priorities.
He's living his life to the fullest and it only shows on how good he is in managing time but in terms of priorities, that's a lot of activities and hobbies to focus with.

I can't remember Manny doing interviews and saying it straight that he can beat his opponent. That's one thing that we love him, he is very down to earth and don't do much trash talking and let his hands do the talk. Such amazement to really see his journey, from a obscure kid back in his town, but lots of dream and now one of the richest sports personalities and a sitting Senator in the Philippines.
Pages:
Jump to: