Pages:
Author

Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!! - page 12. (Read 176945 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
I am a Trusted Account holder and have been using MtGox for more than 3 years.

Quite some BTC coins stuck now for 6 days. USD stuck for more than 5 months. No response to multiple support tickets. A tweet to Mark Karpeles with my support ticket reference got no reply.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer, preferable Tokyo based, to formally notify MtGox and its directors and put them in breach ?
If you're in the US, you can sue them in Delaware. Mt. Gox registered with FinCen, established a US "office" in Delaware, and is thus subject to US law.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
yeah man!  agreed
[/quote]

Good to hear. Some sign of life there. Keep us posted
[/quote]
Activity: 13
I am a Trusted Account holder and have been using MtGox for more than 3 years.

Quite some BTC coins stuck now for 6 days. USD stuck for more than 5 months. No response to multiple support tickets. A tweet to Mark Karpeles with my support ticket reference got no reply.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer, preferable Tokyo based, to formally notify MtGox and its directors and put them in breach ?

Activity: 12
There actually was a reply once I logged into my support ticket help desk.  Here it is:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the email. We have merged all your tickets for a better follow up. We can see that your withdrawal is yet to be processed. The transactions are being re-issued automatically, however we will also escalate this to our developers and update you once the withdrawal is processed. On checking we could find that 1 of your withdrawal of 100 BTC has been processed. Please refer the below link:

We will keep you updated once the other withdrawal gets processed.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

Good to hear. Some sign of life there. Keep us posted
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
This is the message I receive under Withdrawal Center, is this common?

Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact [email protected] for additional information on why your account has been restricted.

Unverified? 

Verified.  My support ticket asking what this is about is 3 days old now.
There actually was a reply once I logged into my support ticket help desk.  Here it is:

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for the email. We have merged all your tickets for a better follow up. We can see that your withdrawal is yet to be processed. The transactions are being re-issued automatically, however we will also escalate this to our developers and update you once the withdrawal is processed. On checking we could find that 1 of your withdrawal of 100 BTC has been processed. Please refer the below link:

We will keep you updated once the other withdrawal gets processed.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
This is a follow up from my post about 1100 coins about 5 posts ago.  I just received my first communication from Mt. Gox within the last hour (Been waiting for 6 days).  It was about 10 emails from Ashley from support, all of which were automated saying she merged my request with my original ticket created 6 days ago (I had sent about 10 emails to support).  So she merged them, without saying anything of substance.  At least it looks like someone is employed there and looking at support tickets.  Let's just hope they get to the bottom of this large problem soon.

Let´s hope for the best. No one should face such kind of problems. Please keep us updated.
This is a follow up from my post about 1100 coins about 5 posts ago.  I just received my first communication from Mt. Gox within the last hour (Been waiting for 6 days).  It was about 10 emails from Ashley from support, all of which were automated saying she merged my request with my original ticket created 6 days ago (I had sent about 10 emails to support).  So she merged them, without saying anything of substance.  At least it looks like someone is employed there and looking at support tickets.  Let's just hope they get to the bottom of this large problem soon.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
whats the longest time to wait for recieving a broken tx Huh

is Gox fixing this automatically or are multiple tickets needed ?

somebody got an unbroken transaction for today already?

I just tried 7 and 10 BTC withdrawls both didn´t appear in the chain....

Thanks
Activity: 680

Your account has been restricted from accessing funding options. Please contact [email protected] for additional information on why your account has been restricted.

I have this too now... just noticed when I went to make a test withdrawal. First time I ever saw this. Verified user here.
Activity: 39

Unverified? 
Activity: 57

I've never seen that.  Do you have a lot of coin or cash there?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Activity: 57
Ouch, some serious money is held up here. I thought my 30 BTC was a lot (5 days now...). 1100 BTC? Wow.

I think he meant 1100$.

From the looks of the following website, which I guess every MtGox client whose transaction hasn't appeared on the blockchain yet has been closely monitoring (http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php), one could make two comments:
-Big transactions (50-200BTC) have an estimated transaction size much bigger than small transactions (0.xxxBTC), although this prioritization only happened lately
-Transactions are slowly being processed (personally my transaction had a size of 956 on Mon.-Tues., now this value is getting smaller and smaller).

Here (http://thegoxreport.com/) you can see that the number of daily failed TXs have dropped by 300 (out of 1000+ transactions = 30% decrease) in the past hours.
actually, I think he did mean 1100 BTC.   Shocked

That said, the number of broken TX just DOUBLED in the last hour!!!!!!!  It was down to around 800, but has now jumped to 1700!  Things just got very VERY serious.

75% of my coin worth is currently stuck in limbo, and even their manual rebroadcast of my coins failed AGAIN early this morning.

get out the pitchforks, boys... we're about to go to war.

EDIT:  thegoxreport.com is broken, so the true count is no longer on Dizko's charts there.  You have to use skanner.net to see the current broken TX!
Activity: 8
Ouch, some serious money is held up here. I thought my 30 BTC was a lot (5 days now...). 1100 BTC? Wow.

I think he meant 1100$.

From the looks of the following website, which I guess every MtGox client whose transaction hasn't appeared on the blockchain yet has been closely monitoring (http://skanner.net/MtGox/mtgox_tx.php), one could make two comments:
-Big transactions (50-200BTC) have an estimated transaction size much bigger than small transactions (0.xxxBTC), although this prioritization only happened lately
-Transactions are slowly being processed (personally my transaction had a size of 956 on Mon.-Tues., now this value is getting smaller and smaller).

Here (http://thegoxreport.com/) you can see that the number of daily failed TXs have dropped by 300 (out of 1000+ transactions = 30% decrease) in the past hours.
Activity: 680
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Currently about 20000BTC are stuck in failed transactions from Gox, that nearly matches the remaining BTCleft on Mt. Gox askside.
[tinfoil hat on] Maybe they are already out of coins.[tinfoil hat off]

Look here about the missing withdrawls:
http://thegoxreport.com/

and the remaining asks on Gox
http://trading.i286.org/

BTW: The daily missing tx (18770)and the remaining(18870) match each other nearly exactly

o fugg.

I am on that list too Sad

what now?
Activity: 504
Currently about 20000BTC are stuck in failed transactions from Gox, that nearly matches the remaining BTCleft on Mt. Gox askside.
[tinfoil hat on] Maybe they are already out of coins.[tinfoil hat off]

Look here about the missing withdrawls:
http://thegoxreport.com/

and the remaining asks on Gox
http://trading.i286.org/

BTW: The daily missing tx (18770)and the remaining(18870) match each other nearly exactly
Activity: 12
992 stuck transactions now, and growing.  
Gox probably has to wait for some suckers to make deposits before doing withdrawals.

This just screams "last stages of Ponzi scheme."

my thoughts exactly. Im waiting 84 hours now for 32 coins. If Gox has run out of Bitcoins will they buy more of another exchange to fight the fires, to keep this dying exchange's heart ticking? This assumes they have fiat.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
After trying for 6 months to get my fiat out, I decided enough was enough & converted the $7,000 or so I had stuck in Gox to BTC (at $200 over the going rate on other exchanges).

Now I can't even get at that BTC - withdrawal has been missing for about 7 days now.  No responses to tickets or any attempts to contact them.

To be frank, I hope this guy (Mark) goes to jail.  Shady business practices and terrible operational management for what was once seen as the defacto Bitcoin exchange just tarnish the image of Bitcoin (and sends a message to others that it's OK to operate businesses in the crypto-world like a 5 year old).  I won't shout Ponzi just yet, but I think we all see where this is heading.  If it does materialize that way, then yep lock him up.

Still hoping I get my money back, but Gox is a spent force - done for - still don't understand why people continue to deposit - but please do, your deposits will no doubt fund my BTC withdrawal if it ever comes through.

Pages:
Jump to: