Pages:
Author

Topic: Broken BTC Withdrawals on Gox -- 2230 EST, 28 JAN: 1654 broken TX!! - page 13. (Read 176945 times)

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

The feds need to give Gox its money back

Hell NO!

I figure at this point that if I am ever to see my money, it'll probably be from the pool that the Feds appropriated.  Even that's a long-shot (but it doesn't help that I've not gotten around to filing some sort of claim.)

Nagski, do you have any actual useful pointers about filing a claim.  I'm planning to claim the value of 50 BTC at Coinbase rates, and this is well out of the range of small-claims.  The chances of getting my money even in the best of circumstances are so low that I don't think it's worth hiring legal help.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
992 stuck transactions now, and growing.  
Gox probably has to wait for some suckers to make deposits before doing withdrawals.

This just screams "last stages of Ponzi scheme."

This is insane.

Since I moved to Bitstamp in June I have done a dozen btc withdrawals and they all took just minutes to be seen on the blockchain.

Gox is goxxing its customers like pigs on a spit.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gox probably has to wait for some suckers to make deposits before doing withdrawals.

This just screams "last stages of Ponzi scheme."
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
just withdrew 6.25 BTC and nothing on the block chain for 2 hours now.
Activity: 39
Guys, Good news BTC withdrawals are being resolved slowly but surely.
I just received 100 btc which was 7 days old. So have some patience, you'l receive yours eventually.

well it wouldn't be such good news if in 7 days when I receive them if the price has collapsed.

Gox has taken control of my assets and will not communicate with me. Thus, I can not control my property in an arena that is anything but stable.

I don't think "patience" in these circumstances is a virtue.  

This.  And the following:

Gox is closing in on 20,000 BTC stuck in 'bad TX'. This number was approximately 4,000 BTC on Saturday and 15,000 BTC only 24hrs ago. http://thegoxreport.com/
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I just received 100 btc which was 7 days old. So have some patience, you'l receive yours eventually.

well it wouldn't be such good news if in 7 days when I receive them if the price has collapsed.

Gox has taken control of my assets and will not communicate with me. Thus, I can not control my property in an arena that is anything but stable.

I don't think "patience" in these circumstances is a virtue. 
Activity: 17
So I just tried to withdraw all my coins by breaking it down in 5-10btc withdrawals. Half of them went through, the other half didn't show up in the blockchain. It seems completely random. I hope I will see the other half soon enough. I'm happy I got at least half safe and sound now though. I think what they should do right now is stop withdrawals until the current backlog is cleared. This surely won't be a popular move when they announce it but will likely help tremendously. They need crisis management right now.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Activity: 644
http://thegoxreport.com/

Thanks for the link (opet), I just found my "transaction" in there.

People can look under link - Address List
and - JSON Datafeed for bad transactions

just search your BTC address

Delerium's tool for MTGox failed TX's does not seem to be working

NB: I could not find mine earlier today, so if you do look and cannot find anything, check back later

Activity: 2520
Merit: 950
fly or die
Do you realize that your "potential earnings" and the troubles with fiat withdrawals are the same thing ?
Activity: 57
Is it better to just get BTC out and take a hair cut, or try to withdraw USD via wire to US bank? I don't mind waiting if it'll eventually be sent, I'm just worried I'll never get it.
I took the haircut late last night, and then it dropped to my previous exit point this evening... DOH!! Sad

Meanwhile, 75% of my coins are stuck with broken TX... Double-DOH!
Everything will be fine. Stop worrying.
I'm mostly annoyed and worried about the thousands in potential earnings that I'm missing out on during this drop.  I'm also concerned that it may take 5-7 days, which means BTC could tank (based on Chinese drama) before I get my coins back to sell.

These are legitimate concerns, so I'm not sure how/why people downplay them as though they're meaningless.  I guess it's not your money, though, right?
Activity: 742
I'm dying.
Is it better to just get BTC out and take a hair cut, or try to withdraw USD via wire to US bank? I don't mind waiting if it'll eventually be sent, I'm just worried I'll never get it.
I took the haircut late last night, and then it dropped to my previous exit point this evening... DOH!! Sad

Meanwhile, 75% of my coins are stuck with broken TX... Double-DOH!
Everything will be fine. Stop worrying.
Activity: 57
I took the haircut late last night (@1013.5), and then it dropped to my previous exit point (@925) this evening... lost ~10% in BTC... DOH!! Sad

Meanwhile, 75% of my coins are stuck (again!) with broken withdrawal TX... Double-DOH!
Activity: 8
I reckon things will be fine, withdrawals seem to be working again. If you panic now, you're going crystallize your loss.
Activity: 501

The only way to withdraw USD from Gox is the very little advertised emergency withdrawal with 5% extra fee (and more than 6 weeks' wait). This has been true for several months now.

EUR and JPY are a separate matter. They do seem to work (with barely acceptable delays, but still).
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Just got a BTC withdrawal from Mt Gox (0.7 btc). It only took 15 mins. Still waiting on one more from Saturday.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
It look real and have no link to click. see inside email header
I've been waiting from saturday!!

Just got this message from support:

Damien, Jan 28 12:49:

Dear Valued customer,

Thank you for your email and sincere apologies for the delay.

Due to a technical issue this weekend we broadcast again every transaction to Bitcoin Network but it take sometimes for the network to spread the change. Our developers are actively on a solution to speed up the process but it may take up to 48h to fix the issue.

We sincerely apologies for the inconveniences.

Best regards,

MtGox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.
Please visit https://mtgox.com/security]

What do people think? Is it legit?
Pages:
Jump to: