Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 18. (Read 4234 times)

rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I prefer to hold for long term and invest in ICO's. IMHO day trading is just for lucky ones. I'm not one of them. How could I understand what coin will be pumping today or dumping  Smiley. I don't believe in TA
Activity: 219
Merit: 10
It depends on the coin you are holding, look at whitepaper of that coin if the project seems good then it is better to hold. But if the projects do not seem profitable then just sell it off. As personal advice long-term holding is more profitable unless you are experienced in day trading and have enough time to keep your eyes on the news. HODL and patience is a key to success in the crypto market.
Activity: 404
Merit: 250
It really depends on your goal. If your goal is to have a daily income or profit. Long term is not bad if you are busy, likewise day trading is not bad also if you are good at reading charts. I earned almost all of my crypto assets through participating bounty campaigns so I am thinking about day trading but this time I can't due to lack of time.
Activity: 158
Merit: 0
I am not trading daily. I am investing in long term. If I had invested daily, I made a lot of money.
Since buying, BTC has lost too much value. I am harmed now, but I believe I will profit again.
Activity: 700
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

I am prefer to holding our investment for long term. If we want to decide using short term investment, its much better if we are able to read market using technical analysis. Market on crypto always have high volatile and for me its very risk so I am prefer to hold for long term
Activity: 127
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
I would sell now while it's pumped (it did pump with the rest of the market right?) Personally I think it's way too competitive market for that.

If you really believe in it, go do some bounties, or offer bounties of your own. Help the ecosystem out...don't just hold on to it. I mean you can, but need more people to use it I think for its value to increase. You believe in it right? Try the beta website out.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
I used to be a day trader and made good profit from it.
After the big pump of 2017, I realized that I should have made more profit if I had held my coins long term.
I am a long term holder now.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Day trading is profitable but it need full attention if you can then good option but beside knowledge is is important and select best exchange for trading,Day trading is risky as well.
Holding need patience but it will be fruitful on maturity when you find the moment where profit is maximized.
copper member
Activity: 546
Good topic, personally I will advice you hold for the main time, ask me why, because presently market isn't that blooming and everything seems to be crashing so I will advice you hold for now till the market is good again
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
because of the work I can not get to trade, so proceeding from this, I prefer long-term retention
Activity: 222
Well it depends upon you in which you are more comfortable with daily trading needs some skills and experience to gain profits whereas in long term investment all you need to do is nothing and watch the market and don't panic sell when prices fall and imo etheruem is great for long term investment as it has been steadily increasing and does has potential to grow more in future.I prefer long term investment as I don't have much experience in trading much.
Activity: 644
With that high volatility right now, it's bringing to ous so many opportunities and abilities. It's a pity to hold for long term. You better have a part of your investments for only day-trading               
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
THE WORLD'S FIRST FIXED MONTHLY ALLOWANCE PLAN
it depends on the situation, there are some investors that aren't interested for trading, they're just buying altcoins and then keep their wallet and sell after number of months or years as I do.
I earned almost all of my crypto assets through participating bounty campaigns so I am thinking about day trading but this time I can't due to lack of time.
maybe someday, when Bitcoin will set back to it's higher price value in the future.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
I prefer to hold long term, I think it's more stress free and it makes me a good profit. When the market is down as it has been lately and ETH is low, I like to invest in a couple of strong ICOs that will potentially pay off in the long run.
Activity: 406
Merit: 104

Thanks
I doing both I have my long term investment  such as BTC, ETH, Nem, Neo and other solid and have long term goal coins I also doing short trade in any speculative coins which i think can give quick profit though short trade is very  risky I just only invest 10-20% of my total portfolio. and day trade is exciting than long trade it needs constant monitoring of coins so you can immediately sell once price dump.
Activity: 90
I prefer to hold Long term because it definitely makes more money.You need to pick right stocks at right time.In long term you control your own timing.
In day trading,investors buy stock long and sell stock short. A long term investor traditionally does not use margin or sell stock short.It is traditionally a research heavy way to invest.So long term is best for me.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100

People have different preferences on how to go about cryptocurency, i personally prefer holding for long term, trading involves way too much activities and complications while holding is simpler and adds value to the coin
Activity: 658
I invest for a long time because there is a core activity, but more profit can be obtained from trading high-volatility coins  Wink
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
The Future Of Work
I personally consider altcoins as short term investments than long term ones. Day trading requires a good bot and  trading knowledge, which I do not yet have. I have been holding only BTC for a long time. If you look at 3 years chart on the coinmarketcap, you will see that many top coins have fallen.
Activity: 179
Merit: 1
better option is do trade or hold the coins according market condition...and also check your profit which you want to earn or you earned it... 
Pages:
Jump to: