Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 20. (Read 4235 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
I first invested in crypto 6 years back, in June 2012. Ever since that date, I have tried everything you can imagine with BTC and the alts, including day trading and gambling. When I compare my returns from day trading to those from long-term holding, I have to say that the latter has given me a better return (although there are exceptions).
Activity: 104
Merit: 0
I choose long-term trading, because the human needs more and more day, so to overcome it we must have income in the long term as well.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
I'm not particularly experienced in trading, so I started with buying coins for a long-term perspective, I will not get a profit with such coin rates and in half a year.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
Both aspects are important, but daytrading in current bloodbath is very risky business..
I have bought some dips, only to get 3 times cheaper after that..
So, it`s almost impossible to detect and predict future of the price..
Even that i love doing trading, but i dont want doing day trade because it is very risky and doing day trade is required to have a wide knowledge and i prefer a long term hold because i know that i can have a chance to earn more profit doing it.
Activity: 350
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

I consider that daily trade very difficult and tiresome. You have to follow him all the time and always have to behold. It is also very risky. For this reason I prefer long-term deduction.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

I prefer long-term deduction because I consider that than longer what one, that the high price or value received as, for example, in bitcoin. when we begin to hold bitcoin, knowing that value isn't favorable yet, all of us hold it, and we are patient that its value will be more in the future that really occurs.
Activity: 686
Merit: 251

Thanks

I use both strategies. Most part of my portfolio is holded in main coins like BTC or ETH, but in the same time I use 20% of porfolio for daily trading.
Such trading takes a lot of time and more risky than just holding, but in the same time it may be more profitable.
Activity: 286
Cryptics

Thanks
I prefer long term because i don't have enough time to trade daily and i'm not that good at reading chart. I think if you have enough experience in trading then you can get more profit trading daily than long. It's easier to hold long term because you just have to do a good fundamental analysis and most of the time the coin value will go up in several months, just don't panic sell along the way and you'll be alright.
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
For now, I rather choose to put my coin in a long-term hold instead of trading. One of the greatest aspects of long-term hold is that it almost entirely removes your emotions from the equation. Imagine if the market jumps 10% in a matter of days isn't going to have you sitting on the edge of your seat to sell.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
Both aspects are important, but daytrading in current bloodbath is very risky business..
I have bought some dips, only to get 3 times cheaper after that..
So, it`s almost impossible to detect and predict future of the price..
Activity: 252
I prefer long term hold i don't have so much time to focus in trading because i have 2 kids that need to take care and a house that need to clean. trading needs so much time to consume to be sucessful and to earn profit. for a housewife like me it is not suitable.
Activity: 85
Merit: 0

Thanks

For a newbie in this platform like myself, I would rather chose to engage in long term hold of coins. This is because trading poses too much of a risk, more so with my background which only knew a few things, next to none, about trading. Knowing next to nothing in trading is tantamount to just gambling. Everything is only by chance.
So preferably, I would chose long term hold of a potentially successful coin.
Activity: 376
in my opinion better to see the situation and the market, if the price is going up better direct selling and if the price is down better resist it. that's me.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
What have you done. meh meh
I prefer long term hold because i'm having a hard time doing day trades. There are times that i lost so much because i can't monitor my trades or the market. That's why i prefer to hold due to my busy schedule and some of my holdings only lose if the holdings don't perform well and i think long term is ideal for those people who are busy and only think of a long term profit.
Activity: 280

Thanks
I still go for holding my coins for long term and I still have the patience to wait , day trading is too risky and time is badly needed for it which I can't do it also I knew my self that I'm not a risk taker so for sure I can't handle if I lose.
Activity: 151

Thanks
For altcoins its better to daily trade because of its price is not stable and it depends in your tokens that you are holding. If you trde bitcoin its better to hold it for a long term to get huge profit.
Activity: 294
I try to long term hold, but the hand constantly demands to trade, for this I do trainings on small volumes, in order to gain experience. Future I wanted main to trade.
Activity: 148
I prefer holding long term, as stick to that approach I do not have to be at the monitor every minute during the day and I feel more comfortable during market turbulence days.  
I also prefer in a long term holding. I you want to have a bigger profit then prefer to long term investment. Just hold you coin in a long time. And when the time comes that the price of that coin will become higher. So it is the time to trade your coin to double or  triple your money.
Activity: 199

Thanks
I prefer long term hold than day trade because there is a big possibility that you lose in day trade than long term hold. In long term holding, there is a big chance that you get better profit than day trading because what you are waiting is a perfect time to sell.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
I used to love to hold my coins for a longer time. but after I lost a lot of momentum, when the price went up I still keep my coins, and lost the opportunity to get profit, now I am more happy with short term trading. I will sell whenever I doubled my first investment, I don't want to reach the sky anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: