Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 54. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
May 30, 2018, 04:59:09 AM
Well, KYC is good especially when the project has proven beyond reasonable doubts to be successful. It is a requirement that has been implemented by the authorities of many countries in other to eliminate the issue of money laundering and the funding of terrorists. Anyway, investors must do an intense study into the project to ascertain that their identities will be protected and be used for only verification purposes as stated by the KYC rules.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
May 30, 2018, 04:52:12 AM
Nope. Not a big fans of KYC. Putting up my personal info at risk is definitely a no.
Activity: 71
May 30, 2018, 04:51:13 AM
I think you should no because who knows may be my documents will be as base for somebody person? Or another goal? This identification data very useful for buy/sell.
Activity: 70
May 30, 2018, 04:48:57 AM
There's this ICO going on for an Australian company called BlockGrain.io 
You might also be interested in their BlockGrain.io bounty thread   
https://blockgrain.typeform.com/to/CLUlBw

Check this out aswell
http://m.startribune.com/as-farmers-store-and-sell-more-crops-themselves-here-s-how-cargill-stays-in-the-middle-of-the-grain-trade/483075271/
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
May 29, 2018, 11:11:17 PM
It is a compliant law in other selected country, but I think I made a wrong decision also, as a matter of fact, i just signed up recently on the ico sale that requires KYC. But the ICO was promising and the team and all that is behind its ICO has been verified. But I am afraid when our identity will be show, or worst their server will be breached by hackers. Lets just hope not.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
May 29, 2018, 05:00:01 PM
if the project is really good and I see that in the crypto community about it only positive feedback, then I send documents for the KYC
Activity: 210
May 29, 2018, 04:49:24 PM
According to this, there are indeed some ICOs that I follow requiring KYC as long as the project is legitimate for large aerial bridges and I think it is not a problem at all to share our identification. It's just an identity card, what they'll do with it unless they do not want to be entering our private key. Any part if anything KYC will also be responsible.

Activity: 462
Merit: 104
May 29, 2018, 04:13:55 PM
I would try to avoid it in as long as I am not sure the project is good and it is going to be profitable. Otherwise, I see no reason to give information away.
Activity: 140
May 29, 2018, 04:13:24 PM
Yes, why not. KYC is more and more met in the crypto space. It will be normally in a one year, I think. Because regulations is coming, and no one be able miss this stuff, government have a big influence for cryptocurrencies and we cannot "fight" with them right now. Maybe later, but not at this moment.
Activity: 249
Merit: 10
May 29, 2018, 04:02:26 PM
I do not want to join, I do not want my documents to get into a darknet, or in the future, the state secret services came to me home.KYC for cryptocurrency means death.
Activity: 139
May 29, 2018, 04:00:04 PM
This is a difficult question.
I think that the KYC does not make any sense. Now there is no problem to buy documents. This makes the KYC incomprehensible.
Personally, I do not participate in the ICO where I require the KYC. I do not want my personal data to become available to scammers in the network.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
May 29, 2018, 03:53:24 PM
I avoid these ICOs and think they are only doing a disservice to those who do join them in the long run. Of course not every ICO will mishandle your information or get hacked, but the ones that do it won't be fair to all those innocent individuals. This is why I avoid ICOs that demand KYC, it is not necessary in the slightest.
Activity: 119
May 29, 2018, 03:52:24 PM
Some of my coins said that they need KYC to determine their investors to avoid the risk of selling coins to people in some restricted countries (countries that do not allow new ICO to sell the coins without registration with the government). Thus, I think it would be a nice project because they want to protect their investors and their coins.
Activity: 223
May 29, 2018, 03:48:39 PM
I have participated quite well in bounty campaigns that requires doing kyc , even there  was an airdrop that I filled that required filling kyc. Contrary to your opinion that those ICOs that require kyc are scam, I would not want to subscribe to that school of thought.I think it is just a way of verifying the information of your potential holders.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
May 29, 2018, 03:45:19 PM
I do not like such ICO and try to avoid them. Because it's too much to provide personal and confidential information to a project that hasn't achieved anything yet. In fact, let's run the ICO that would collect a fast customer base......
Yes many people do not provide their identity details especially if the investment is in crypto field. The purpose of crypto is to hide identity but still there are some ICOs which have a famous team like they are from an established company like the kodak company then people do not feel unsecured to provide their KYC to them.
Activity: 154
May 29, 2018, 03:40:20 PM
Yeah i do because i am coming from shitty country and good luck to those who steal my documents because they are useles even in my country and really doubt that they can make any kind of profit with it Grin And number of scamy icos is going down slowly because feds started aresting people because of it
Activity: 112
May 29, 2018, 03:39:02 PM
I do not like such ICO and try to avoid them. Because it's too much to provide personal and confidential information to a project that hasn't achieved anything yet. In fact, let's run the ICO that would collect a fast customer base......
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
May 29, 2018, 03:38:21 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

Most of the ico's today who are joining kyc does not getting so much participants but even though most of the users here arent joining kyc, still there are are ico's who are being successful because they have a very good platform.
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
May 29, 2018, 03:37:45 PM
If it is a good ICO with the reasons why they need KYC, that is not a problem, especially if there is a decent team. If that is a doubtful ICO, I am not risking to provide them my documents, will better buy from the exchange then.
Activity: 224
Merit: 17
May 29, 2018, 03:37:35 PM
I try to avoid such ICO, because there is a chance that personal data will fall into the wrong hands.
Pages:
Jump to: