Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 53. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 10
May 31, 2018, 07:46:19 AM
It's not a good idea to give personal information to strangers. But as a matter of fact. where to go if they announce it at the end of the ICO. And you have nowhere to go, you have to go through KYC not to be left without money.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
May 31, 2018, 07:45:13 AM
Obviously, coin distribution will be wide and more serious investors can get in. Still have not forgotten about BAT ICO, in 4 seconds everything was sold to few whales. KYC and whitelisting eliminates this possibility.
Kyc has some different meaning from investor side and also project side. From investors side, There are many investors dont like kyc but also many that support kyc. For me, as long Kyc for investors only which will prevent the money laudering, then it will be fine. But i dont agree kyc for bounty hunter.
Activity: 248
Merit: 0
May 31, 2018, 07:43:27 AM
It's not really necessary to join airdrops that require KYC because it's waste of time, most of them are scam which they will be requesting for your private key, and most newbies fall victim of it.
Requiring for KYC isn't appropriate because those personal information can be use for illegal activities.
Activity: 141
May 31, 2018, 07:43:04 AM
I'm usually opposed to that require personal information. But since they can not verify the authenticity, and completely throw off all the data is not necessary. It is possible to cover up all information which they can use to harm.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
Was that was it was?
May 31, 2018, 07:41:23 AM
I've joined several ICO that requires KYC, I guess about two or three, to be honest I don't have much problem about it but I always check it and verify if the project is legitimate, yeah I know its a bit hassle but for me as long as they pay me its all good, I think the only people who have problem in KYC of a good ICO is the people who are farming in Signature Campaign, other than that I guess its personal or security reason.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
May 31, 2018, 07:35:29 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I don't join such bounty program or airdrop, it's to risky and not worth from a few cents that you are going to get, once they got your information you'll never know when it will end, they might sell it many time to a third party the rewards is not worth compare to the risk.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
May 31, 2018, 07:24:17 AM
It depends on the project itself. If I see that they have a promising idea and clear goals for the future then I want to be a part of such ICO project and I do not mind verifying my identity if needed.
Activity: 57
May 31, 2018, 04:09:42 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
There are so many available ICO's not asking for KYC then why bothered of KYC required ICO's. I am not supporting projects asking for ICO because of personal data security reasons. Another thing is that it will also a way not to receive your token as simply telling you failed the KYC. So better stay away .
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
May 30, 2018, 10:26:40 PM
I am a categorical opponent of the KYC verification against the members of the ICO generosity campaign and I believe that such verification is illegal against them. If someone here believes that it's fine to give their identification data and copies of their passports to strangers who are from 30 to 80 percent of the cases themselves are potential fraudsters, then I do not think so at least because such a test is applied to investors, who invest their money in ICO projects. We, as participants in the signature campaign, do not invest in the ICO project and therefore in relation to us such verification should not be conducted. While it is used in most cases at the end of the ICO campaign, in order to pass such a check for those who refused for various reasons to not pay the tokens they earned. If I see the possibility of passing such a check in the companies of generosity ICO, I go out and do not even care about the terms of its joining.
Activity: 522
Merit: 257
XETHER - BET ON HONESTY !!!
May 30, 2018, 07:57:44 PM
As usual ICO projects do not inform investors and bounty hunters about KYC. They do it in the end of campaign. My desire to perform KYC depend of how much money I wil get
Activity: 75
May 30, 2018, 02:05:43 PM
Participating in ICO who has the requirement to use KYC in its distribution transaction makes the pros and cons happen. From the positive side, by using KYC, the team will know the identity of the participants and match with the original data, so it can minimize for participants who use multiple accounts. But this way makes some people feel difficult because of the requirements are a little inconvenient, unlike the typical crypto that does not need to use the original identity of the user or anonymous.
Activity: 840
Merit: 40
May 30, 2018, 11:45:07 AM
Yes I have joined 2-3 ICOs that requires KYC but for airdrop I don't give KYC until its a bounty airdrop. Many airdrops are scam If you fill 100 airdrops you will hardly get 10 airdrops you can automatically calculate how genuine are airdrops. In my opinions most of the airdrops are just to have your information. I don't have any problem to give my KYC for ICOs unless its a genuine project.
Activity: 93
May 30, 2018, 11:22:46 AM
Actually im always choosing ICO without KYC. however, some ICO are  only announcing that they require KYC after the campaign. So i have no choice but to fill up their KYC claim my rewards. I hope ICO must announce the KYC the moment they started.
Activity: 154
May 30, 2018, 11:09:15 AM
A good average ICO makes the rules include KYC for token purchases. very difficult to get a good ICO without including kyc.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
May 30, 2018, 11:06:09 AM
I think that KYC can be a good thing for having some kind of control over ICO projects participants i.e. investors so maybe this requirement is useful and I do join such ICOs if I know that they are reliable.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
May 30, 2018, 06:29:45 AM
I don't plan on giving such a personal information on the internet. Especially when it comes to earning cryptocurrency. Because, we all know that scammers are lurking on the internet. We do not know if the information that we have given are safe in their hands. Or, they will use it for some shady things. That is the risk that I don't want to take. And, in my opinion, it defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency - being anonymous.
Activity: 602
Merit: 277
May 30, 2018, 06:27:47 AM
I was suspicious about KYC requirement in ICOs but KYC stems from regulations in some countries where generally legal ICOs ask for KYC. It's a good sign for legal aspect of ICO.
Activity: 112
May 30, 2018, 06:26:32 AM
I have, but I tend to choose the ICOs I invest in very carefully, so I have a certain level of trust at least in those running the show. If I was throwing money into more ICOs looking for quick flips, even if I don't believe in the team/product/etc, then I might be a lot more wary of doing KYC.
Agreed. With personal information you need to be careful, regardless of the level of trust in the company. I think this is a violation of rights and it was possible to make an identity confirmation in another way.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
May 30, 2018, 06:22:37 AM
a ico which requires kyc is not interesting for me.

i can do without kyc. so then inevitably on the ico.
Activity: 221
Merit: 1
May 30, 2018, 05:18:57 AM
If the ICO is good and has the potential to succeed then I will participate in it, no matter if the ICO is in need of KYC. But if the ICO is not clear then I will not participate.
Pages:
Jump to: