Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 52. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2
Market Integration Platform
May 31, 2018, 07:14:03 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

KYC in projects is the same norm as KYC for investors. The only thing is, we need to carefully select projects and do not send documents to suspicious projects. KYC for Airdrop, in my opinion, is utter stupidity, contrary to the very idea of Airdrop. Imagine that you want to distribute food to the poor or distribute promotional flyers, or give people to try the product, as companies do in shopping malls for promotional purposes, and require for that to show documents. This is utter nonsense.
Activity: 84
Merit: 5
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
May 31, 2018, 07:07:07 PM
While it is not my pleasure to have to provide my personal information, especially in a business model based on cryptology that as a basic rule has the identity safeguard, I have been forced to accept these conditions when participating in some ICOs since that seems to be the obligatory trend that every trustworthy ICO will have to accept to legally carry out its fundraising and to ensure greater reliability among its customers and users.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
May 31, 2018, 10:16:21 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
I participate in a signature campaign that requires KYC as long as it was announce prior to the start of the bounty that participants must pass KYC to receive their token. But recently, most of the bounties of AmaZix are requires KYC.
For airdrops I don't think it really requires KYC.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
May 31, 2018, 10:09:16 AM
it does not matter if I join ICO that there is a request to do KYC as long as ICO has a good project, successful and trustworthy, and the request for KYC  should be mentioned in the rules at the beginning of the program so that it becomes fair for us

I don't like icos asking for kyc forms. I can't trust them in long term. Our kyc forms must stay in secure. And kys asking ones are hard ones to deal with. There is not that much time for me to deail with those icos.
Activity: 896
Merit: 102
May 31, 2018, 10:07:34 AM

Every legal ICO require KYC.
I understand why people have problem with that... A lot of people heard about blockchain ("anonymous", fast, secure transfers...)
Thanks to the authorities we can´t be anonymous anymore  Roll Eyes
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
May 31, 2018, 10:04:50 AM
I can say that 99% of ICO in which I participate require KYC verification. I try to carefully choose and study projects, so I do not see anything wrong with this verification. First of all, the projects want to protect themselves against various violations. This is their right.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
May 31, 2018, 09:56:44 AM
it does not matter if I join ICO that there is a request to do KYC as long as ICO has a good project, successful and trustworthy, and the request for KYC  should be mentioned in the rules at the beginning of the program so that it becomes fair for us
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 31, 2018, 08:43:52 AM
Do you think about the progress Typerium ICO and the likelihood of success? Would you like to participate?
Activity: 81
May 31, 2018, 08:41:54 AM
I don't know reason for bounty hunters to pass kyc. We are not an investor. But yes i do join ico s that require kyc. I just need to know how valuable there project is.
Activity: 196
May 31, 2018, 08:39:50 AM
what the problems with KYC? A decent ICO needs to protect themselves against potential regulations and regulators. IF they dont require a KYC I think it's shady and a sign they just let everyone enter.
Activity: 238
May 31, 2018, 08:39:05 AM
Yes, Although I don't like to send documents to third parties. Unfortunately, now almost every good ICO requires passing KYC
Activity: 98
May 31, 2018, 08:38:13 AM
I do not like kyc in ico, because i've been disappointed with some ic that require kyc. The data I have given is never accepted by the organizers, even though the data is genuine have my own.
Sometimes they also ask for copies of utility bills or water on our behalf, but what if we rent a house or apartment and certainly his bill is not our name.
They also sometimes do not accept the id cards of some countries and only accept passports. This is a problem for me and maybe for other investors.

Most if the time if an ICO required KYC I let it go, what for? They are choosy on everything you submitted, and yes what about if we are only renting place?? Do I need to have my own house and get my own utility bill on my name for me to participate? Hell no!! Take your token with you.
It like your mocking everyone who doesn't have there own house!
Activity: 105
May 31, 2018, 08:37:16 AM
Yes, I have done so but very carefully.  It's really worth if you are choosing best ico. Never try to invest in those icos that was running by unknown person.
Activity: 80
May 31, 2018, 08:33:55 AM
KYC in ico is fine as long as that was a promising ico. but I tend to choose the ICOs I invest in very carefully, so I have a certain level of trust at least in those running the show.
Activity: 98
May 31, 2018, 08:30:26 AM
If a bounty that I think promises and has a good future, I will follow it even if it needs a KYC. Because making a KYC for a bounty does not wrong in my opinion.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
May 31, 2018, 08:30:17 AM
KYC is a big deterrent for me to participate in an ICO. It is not impossible that I will join it, but I have to have a huge assurance about who will be handling my data.
Activity: 235
May 31, 2018, 08:26:09 AM
I don't like to join ICO that requires KYC especially on bounty because I got disappointed on it. I joined one and reject my KYC application. They ask this after the ICO my effort came useless and I didn't received my token. And in the mere fact, it is not a good idea to give personal information to someone you didn't know.
Activity: 574
May 31, 2018, 07:55:25 AM
Yeah, why not Huh

KYC is not problem for me.
Because i just have a single account.
And when the bounty is used KYC i think is great for us to destroy a multy account.

Why we must reject bounty KYC.
Activity: 266
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
May 31, 2018, 07:51:13 AM
Much depends on banking relations maintainance)when I invested in Localcoinswap,they told they  perform KYC on all fiat purchases made through their bank account. The great thing about this project is the platform itself,  LCS does not transact any fiat currency. LocalCoinSwap simply acts as an escrow service for people to trade directly with each other. So the platform itself does not need to perform any KYC on any of its users as it is not acting as a "money exchange service" as defined in many jurisdictions.
Activity: 117
May 31, 2018, 07:46:47 AM
The emergence of KYC can avoid the purchase of some coins by a few people, which is very meaningful for ensuring the relative fairness of investment.
Pages:
Jump to: