Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 58. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 100
March 19, 2018, 09:03:05 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
I do not encounter yet to join in ICO who requires KYC.  Upon implementing KYC in some ICO, many bitcoiners reacted because it is against the objective of bitcoin privacy concept.  Bitcoin became famous because of its animosity features but KYC is against this features.  But, as a bounty participant, we have nothing to do but to follow this step or else the participant will not receive its payment.  Because of this requirement some participant pass a fake requirements to protect their individuality and personal information while other just follow and pass their real documents.  I think we should be cautious on this kind of requirement.   
preferably for KYC problems we do have to be careful because it concerns our data because is something that should be kept secret,
so you should look for bounty that does not use the KYC system
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 09:00:06 AM
To me. ICOs that require KYC are actually trying to comply with the regulations. That is a sign of maturity, and seriousness.

Would a scam bother using tons of money on setting up a KYC operation? They would also loose naive investors - which they would not want.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
March 19, 2018, 08:44:10 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I really do not understand the need for a bounty hunter to be asked to do KYC. For crying out loud ,hunters did not buy token from the sellers I just could not know the reason for the KYC. It is now rampant every bounty project is asking patrons to submit documentations.
Activity: 168
March 19, 2018, 08:40:18 AM
Of course I do, such ICOs have much more trust in my point of view! Well, I do join both with/without KYC, actually I just dont care - more important is if it is worth or not!
Activity: 20
March 19, 2018, 08:39:02 AM
I'm from US so I can't buy most ICO's but I have only gave my KYC information to one coin Polymath.
I thought Civic token or Polymath token was going to be used so you didn't have to upload documents but one time.
Activity: 134
March 19, 2018, 08:36:37 AM
I am not against KYC but I don't like it. KYC is not according to the given law of bitcoin. Smiley
Sometimes it is against one's personal privacy. Some do the requirements for nothing to do coz without participating the reward will be burn nothing to gain.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
fLibero.financial
March 19, 2018, 08:30:49 AM
No! I don't join any ICO with kyc! ICO like gladius that didn't require kyc for the purchase of it's token from the beginning and later on asked for kyc was very dubious in relating with the investors. Many of my friend had to forfeit their ether to dubious Gladius.
Activity: 531
Merit: 102
March 19, 2018, 08:25:53 AM

I do not encounter yet to join in ICO who requires KYC.  Upon implementing KYC in some ICO, many bitcoiners reacted because it is against the objective of bitcoin privacy concept.  Bitcoin became famous because of its animosity features but KYC is against this features.  But, as a bounty participant, we have nothing to do but to follow this step or else the participant will not receive its payment.  Because of this requirement some participant pass a fake requirements to protect their individuality and personal information while other just follow and pass their real documents.  I think we should be cautious on this kind of requirement.   
Activity: 523
Merit: 300
March 19, 2018, 08:13:03 AM
Obviously, coin distribution will be wide and more serious investors can get in. Still have not forgotten about BAT ICO, in 4 seconds everything was sold to few whales. KYC and whitelisting eliminates this possibility.
Activity: 17
March 19, 2018, 08:05:03 AM
Yeah, this is outrageous and goes against any crypto manifesto but there is nothing we can do, if you want to participate in ICO. However, if KYC had been decentralized, it would have kept our private documents safe. I saw Selfkey project is building a decentralized KYC platform and I even noticed a few ICOs that used their services already.

I am with you, man. Got Selfkey and sure it will fix KYC and improve privacy.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 05:18:08 PM

Me, I dont join ICO with KYC. Actually ICO managers or developers are quite wise these days. They only requires KYC after the ICO or before they give your coins. They dont announce KYC at the beginning, but they do at the end. KYC is good if your data will be treated with high confidentiality and the ICO is legit. But if it is not, then problem will arise.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 05:14:01 PM
Doing KYC is not bad but so many ICO now used it to an extent, of not paying hunters at the end of the bounty. At least my country is not restricted from cryptocurrency so there's no need for me to hide my identity besides its for the interest of investors and the promoters .

Yeah, same here buddy. As what I did I joined those ICO required KYC in order that the ICO want that their participants are not scammers at they are dedicated to be part on their project.

Activity: 21
March 18, 2018, 01:50:11 PM
Yeah, this is outrageous and goes against any crypto manifesto but there is nothing we can do, if you want to participate in ICO. However, if KYC had been decentralized, it would have kept our private documents safe. I saw Selfkey project is building a decentralized KYC platform and I even noticed a few ICOs that used their services already.
Activity: 134
March 18, 2018, 11:39:42 AM
no, I have to be very careful in following the airdrop in need of kyc, in fact I often avoid kyc. because I do not want they know my personal information.
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
March 12, 2018, 03:44:00 AM
I don't usually participate in ICOs especially when it requires KYC for their bounty participants. I found it risky to send your personal information because of identity theft and it might be used in crimes in which your name will be involved.
Activity: 154
Merit: 5
March 12, 2018, 03:39:32 AM
I only join selected ICOs that require KYC, since there is always some risk involved. I don’t mean the risk of the ICO selling your data since there are strict rules against it. What I mean is the threat of the company getting hacked. So I only join ICOs with KYC that have a good team behind the project and where I would also invest myself.
Activity: 504
Merit: 5
March 12, 2018, 03:33:19 AM
Doing KYC is not bad but so many ICO now used it to an extent, of not paying hunters at the end of the bounty. At least my country is not restricted from cryptocurrency so there's no need for me to hide my identity besides its for the interest of investors and the promoters .
Activity: 280
March 12, 2018, 03:13:05 AM

KYC in ico is fine as long as that was a promising ico. I just participated in the zilliqa and many other icos. And I told you about from zilliqa i got almost 25x return from my initial investment.
It's really worth if you are choosing best ico. Never try to invest in those icos that was running by unknown person. This time Helbiz looks good ico to participate too.

not all the people will know what was the promising ICO will and as far as i know many ICO's are looking good but in the end in ended up as scam so for me as far as you know what you are doing you can go for it but if you know the risk you will be more cautious and careful when joining ICO's that require to participate on KYC
Activity: 4
March 12, 2018, 03:02:07 AM
i think the ico with kyc is more reliable
Activity: 266
March 12, 2018, 02:47:42 AM
Yeah, KYC violates anonymity and many ICO does not warn in advance. In such case I'm keep away.
Pages:
Jump to: