Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 59. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 250
March 12, 2018, 02:17:45 AM
Yes, I joined ICO using KYC system. In my opinion, the KYC system has a positive and negative view. Positive: by using KYC system hence the element of fraud done by participant have slightly decreased, meaning the seriousness of participation have been seen by sending personal data. But the negative: The KYC system by requesting personal data has a great chance to be used as an element of violence, such as terrorism.
We hope that personal data can be used for positive things.

You're right. Probably, sending any kinds of our documents to pas KYC make doubt of some people and needs some consideration. I also sometimes join ICO with KYC. It seems like to feel worried when sending my ID to them. But, when the ICO is clear, Legal, and they have agreement and rule to keep our ID privately and will not use any kinds of negative things, why not. We can trust them and join more ICO even with KYC.
Activity: 211
Merit: 10
BountyHunter|AirdropHunter|Pretty Girl Hunter
March 12, 2018, 01:27:30 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I'm not 100% pro KYC but it's okay with me though as long as I can make sure that a project is probably 80% legit. Besides, KYC defeats the purpose of decentralization, and also I  don't like those KYC that ask for a bank statement. I mean, duh!? Seriously!? A bank statement? Always be careful when joining ICO's with KYC guys.  Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!
March 12, 2018, 01:23:11 AM
Yes, I would join it for sure! and I don't see any reason why shouldn't we join it and I think asking KYC as a mandatory option is a good thing for them and ours too. Because if there is any problem in future then they can track the database and get the problem solved either online or offline. I have joined many ICO projects where i was asked for KYC like Pancard, and Passport. I wouldn't mind joining any ICO projects especially if it is related to the Real estate or Finance sector even now in 2018.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
March 12, 2018, 01:03:50 AM
I almost joined in one signature bounty campaign, I'm glad I came back to check the rules again when I saw that they are doing KYC, after that I immediately take out my signature and avatar, I will not join any KYC backed ICO even if the project is good or profitable.
Activity: 350
BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable
March 12, 2018, 12:47:08 AM
now, im no longer join ICO who need KYC, because cryptocurrency should be anonymous and will remain that way, but policy of KYC policy like this will make it difficult for people to participate because our data data is in the hands of others who are very vulnerable to abuse.

last time, i've even almost get tricked by ICO, that was the reason why im not longer join on ICO that needs KYC
Activity: 182
March 11, 2018, 11:21:32 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
It's only my third time joining in bounty campaigns and I never found out any ICOs that requires KYC. Actually, I heard it last time when my dorm mate told me that there's a bounty campaign that requires KYC which made me think that maybe they are all just want to make sure and know the identity of their employees. Well, If I am in the situation, I will definitely join in an ICO that requires KYC especially if this is the most amazing ICO in the year 2018.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
March 11, 2018, 11:21:09 PM

If you want to participate in ICO you have to prepare KYC because there are some countries that prohibit ICO then with KYC they can know where you live and regulation ICOs in that country, but for airdrop better not to submit our identity.
Activity: 280
March 11, 2018, 11:15:05 PM

yes i join the bounty with KYC . the icos with KYC requirments a big chance to make the ICO become successful. 

I just hope the project companies and developers protect the identity of investors as the way they promise usually do it and will not be used for other purposes. But what if the coin becomes a shitcoin, knowing the fact that I am giving the identity to a shitcoin puchase will continue to bother me. If it's really a good project that has a bursting tendency like bitcoin does, I would not mind giving my identity to buy it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
March 11, 2018, 08:52:36 PM
I don't participate in any ICO that requires KYC. It is very risky to provide your personal information to an unknown person that you just met online. Even though that you will gain some profit from the ICO they are promoting, the risk of your account will be exploited and will be hack is higher. Which means that you will lost more than what you earned in that ICO. I am staying away from ICO that requires KYC to protect my personal information. Hope this will be a lesson to everyone. My friend MEW has been hacked, we are not sure if it is because of the ICO he joined with KYC requirement.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
March 11, 2018, 08:48:28 PM

Yes i join ICO that requires KYC but only to those who are legit ICO and not to fake one specially airdrops. We must becareful of sending our identity with picture especially our passports because they might just copy our identities  then reproduce it and use it to illegal activities using our details in which it might put us in trouble in the future. So better to 100% to review the ICO before submitting KYC requirements.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 506
March 11, 2018, 08:34:16 PM
why not? i ever follow the ico that require kyc, and its fine.
maybe the problem can issue if you have many account, multiple account when you take participate in some ico. because its prohibit, so you will say its no need to kyc.
for airdrop, i never follow airdrop. so i dont know if there any airdrop need kyc
Activity: 210
March 11, 2018, 08:25:28 PM
I think there is nothing wrong if you really have chosen a project for investment and are ready to invest in it your money then the passage of the procedure KYC should not cause you to abandon this project! But I do not advise to undergo KYC in different airdrop and dubious companies.
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
March 11, 2018, 08:20:56 PM
Yes I just hope they won't leak my data. Be careful with scam ICO's, they're much more likely to sell the data too.

I do think that when there's  KYC requirements, there's less competition before the market, which can cause extra profit.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 2369
March 11, 2018, 08:16:21 PM

Nowadays pretty much all the ICOs require a KYC procedure, so if I don't wanna take part to those that need it I shouldn't take part to any ICO. But I'd never join an airdrop that asks for the KYC, probably it's just a scam and they wanna get your personal data.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
March 11, 2018, 08:06:07 PM
I really doubt governments care about businesses knowing their customers. I also think reasons like preventing terrorists and fraud are red herrings, because those account for about 1% compared to fiat. So I have a feeling it's more about making it harder to invest in ICOs because we can't allow regular Joes to make money, oh no, you have to be an accredited investor with $1,000,000 disposable money.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
March 11, 2018, 06:29:19 PM
I have done it by giving some of my documents. I do it carefully. and in my opinion this is done to avoid people like those who do multi accounts or such even hackers or teriroris. and I follow it all if the ICO is really not a fraud.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
March 11, 2018, 06:13:57 PM

Will,this all happens some of ICO  platform now when you invest to there project or when you claim your share they required KYC that can make your personal information  will be not secured,and maybe the secrecy of being an anomymous and decentralized in cryptocurrency will not become a taboo anymore,because of this KYC.actually this KYC i thinks maybe sometimes can endangerd to yourself,because maybe other misbehave organization,can get your information and used it for crimes and suspected you as part of the organization,thats why i fear of to submitted my KYC some of this  developers project or in bounty that need a KYC,or there are some instances that they used it as a phishing to your own asset,or scamming against you.This is all my speculation about this KYC they ask to us .
Activity: 616
March 11, 2018, 05:43:36 PM
KYS is a kind of a contract between a company and an investor. When i'm not sure that another side will fullfill all the contract obligations, i don't shake hands. So the answer is no, i never take up such bounties.
is it some kind of smart contract? As we know that most projects here require smart contracts to better convince investors in investing not even smart contracts are very useful as witnesses in a transaction so I think KYS is a smart contract
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
March 11, 2018, 05:36:48 PM

Right now I do not join bounties with KYC. Why? Because KYC is illegal in this industry we must be anonymous to everyone here but because of KYC our identity is revealed.
Activity: 1587
Merit: 271
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
March 11, 2018, 05:31:38 PM
Yes, I joined ICO using KYC system. In my opinion, the KYC system has a positive and negative view. Positive: by using KYC system hence the element of fraud done by participant have slightly decreased, meaning the seriousness of participation have been seen by sending personal data. But the negative: The KYC system by requesting personal data has a great chance to be used as an element of violence, such as terrorism.
We hope that personal data can be used for positive things.
Pages:
Jump to: