Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 60. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 11
March 11, 2018, 05:21:27 PM
KYS is a kind of a contract between a company and an investor. When i'm not sure that another side will fullfill all the contract obligations, i don't shake hands. So the answer is no, i never take up such bounties.
Activity: 183
Merit: 10
https://vulcanforged.com/
March 11, 2018, 05:12:50 PM
I agree with ICOs having KYC since the government requires it for AML procedures. But KYC for airdrop? I am not in favor of it. It was like, you are selling your personal identity just to have pennies. Maybe we should avoid joining airdrop requiring KYC because it is risky.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
March 11, 2018, 05:01:15 PM
For me KYC looks kind of a dangerous thing, I do not like to share my private information with whatever project.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
March 11, 2018, 05:00:04 PM
If required, I join bounty compagnis with no problems. I hope for the honesty and integrity of the members of the bounty companies.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
March 10, 2018, 07:18:45 AM
To date, almost all projects require KYC, this can not be avoided if you want to participate in ICO.
Guys, as you can see on my signature I'm for. BUT! Not for every ICO in own storage but one strong security company with rights to validate. May be it's like utopia but I don't see another variants
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
March 10, 2018, 06:51:35 AM
That is the reason why you need to make your research before participating in any ico because you need to be sure of the ico, the team and what they are looking to achieve before you give out your data just like that.

If you are to do KYC, make sure that, its with an ico that is solid and are backed with good team with reputation.
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem
March 10, 2018, 06:42:26 AM
To date, almost all projects require KYC, this can not be avoided if you want to participate in ICO.
Activity: 462
Merit: 114
March 10, 2018, 05:28:07 AM
Yes, I think this is a fair selection of investors. But, we need to carefully study the project to which we trust our personal data.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
March 10, 2018, 02:31:15 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

KYC in ICOs should be required. This is not something that is way out of hand. This is necessary if we want to get to know the real identities of the people behind the investors of ICOs. There are so many unlawful and illegal activities in the world right now. Name them and you have them. We just cannot allow ICOs to be used by terrorists, frauds, and the likes. But in terms of airdrops and bounties, I think this is too much. They should not get worried about airdrop or bounty participants. I avoid airdrops and bounties requiring KYC.
Activity: 854
Merit: 522
March 10, 2018, 02:19:51 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Yes i am join ICOs that require KYC when we want to invest into them but before i makes desicions to join in there, i always make analysis about the projects of ICOs first, it will helps to ignore scam ICOs to getting my personal information. And i don't join in airdrop that require KYC, KYC on the ICOs is not bad because the good ICOs projects usually they need KYC to anticipating money laundry in their project.
Activity: 286
Cryptics
March 10, 2018, 02:18:56 AM

If i think that the ico is great then i will join it even if it requires kyc because it's too good to miss out and i can make a lot of money if i join. For airdrops, i will never participate if they require a kyc because it's just an airdrop so why should we give them private information, it's not like the token worth more than our private information.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
March 10, 2018, 02:08:49 AM
Why not! I do not see anything wrong with KYC checks. This is the opposite of honesty Ico. In the crypt everything must be fair and fair!
Activity: 210
March 08, 2018, 05:33:00 PM
If the project is good and the bounty is a little solid then for sure I'm gonna join a bounty that requieres KYC. We will adapt to this no matter what , but KYC is not necesary for bounties in my opinion.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
March 08, 2018, 05:31:31 PM

Many ICOs these days require KYC and the reason they do that is so that it will be easier for them to access their funds and also for some future requirements, but i guess you should first study the ICO to ensure that it is not scam before giving away your information.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
March 08, 2018, 05:10:32 PM
i do. More than 90 percent of the icos require KYC verification. And all of the major icos do. like rest 10 percent is only the crap ones. So anybody that need to join an ico have to submit their information to get approvel in kyc. there is no other way...
Activity: 117
March 08, 2018, 05:01:48 PM
I believe that KYC is needed by governments of different countries in order to identify their citizens and control their contributions to the ICO and attract taxes, but this undermines the very idea of ​​anonymous cryptocurrency. As for KYC, its implementation does not help to eradicate fraudulent ICO projects. The problem is not in those who participate in the ICO and exactly the reason is not in those who participate in bounty campaigns. Eliminating deliberately fraudulent ICO will help KYC for the development team and all those who are represented as a team and this information should be public.
Activity: 406
March 08, 2018, 04:14:52 PM
I think there is nothing wrong if you really have chosen a project for investment and are ready to invest in it your money then the passage of the procedure KYC should not cause you to abandon this project! But I do not advise to undergo KYC in different airdrop and dubious companies.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
March 08, 2018, 03:06:43 PM
I am not fundamentally attached to those ICO companies that require a KYC review. These ICO companies need to be advertised and bought their tokens. Without such a company and their tokens, I can do without, but these campaigns, without investors and participants in the campaign of generosity, are unlikely. The presence or absence of verification of KYC is unlikely to affect whether such ICO companies will be fraudulent or not, but we can get a lot of trouble. if your personal data and copies of passports are passed into the hands of scammers.
Activity: 588
March 08, 2018, 02:06:57 PM

Well, when crypto started, no one thought it would come thus far (I mean projects demanding users identity). Crypto was made to be decentralized with anonymity, but the situation has turmed around due to government intrusion. They want to create regulations as hard as tgey can all in the name of financial protection, and which is somehow true. Because many scam projects have been going on lately and this affects the investors, traders and every other person doing any crypto activity. Now i gave this intro so as to conclude that, yes KYCs are good looking at the current situation in crypto whereby many governments want to ban it, and then scammers are on the increase. It also protects investors as I said above. And by the way, if governments will think of regulations through KYC and others and not ban, then it'll be good news for all of us in some way. So i would reiterate that KYCs are not bad for now, but we should be still careful of the type of people/project we submit our documents to
Activity: 742
Merit: 397
March 08, 2018, 12:24:38 PM
I don't usually join those kinds of ICO's but if they are worth it and trust worthy of our information then why not,
But I am really curious on why do they need KYC for if other people could easily buy their coin in the market once it hits the trading sites.
Pages:
Jump to: