Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 62. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
March 08, 2018, 04:18:25 AM
These days, most ICO's now require kyc before you are white listed to participate in their crowd sale and its becoming the trend in ICO's now.

I join and do my kyc only when the project is solid and am sure of the team.
Yes, more ICO's now are requiring to comply in the kyc requirement and as I can see, those who require KYC are likely to be legit and can be trusted although it defeat the purpose of anonymity for every users who want to participate in their project. I think its simple, if you have doubts and dont want to expose your personal information then dont join to ICOs who require it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
March 08, 2018, 03:37:39 AM
If I see in the ICO campaign conditions before joining as a campaign participant the signatures that they do not exclude the requirement for KYC verification in the future, I do not join such an ICO campaign. Considering that about a third of the ICO campaigns turned out to be fraudulent last year, transferring their personal data and copies of the passport to them, it's entirely voluntary to transfer them directly into the hands of criminals. Careful study of the project ICO and his team does not give full confidence that such a company will not be a fraud.
Activity: 448
Merit: 15
TREEBLOCK
March 08, 2018, 03:21:06 AM
I don't have any problem it providing KYC for a chosen ICO project. I think you will find that going forward KYC will become a mandatory requirement and its provides a protection for the company from over officious regulators down the line.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
March 08, 2018, 03:18:59 AM
Of course I prefer ICOs without KYC but lately this is becoming normals as governments are trying to regulate ICOs. If I feel it is worth to invest rather than buying in exchanges then i'll just participate.
Activity: 532
Merit: 170
March 08, 2018, 03:14:56 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I've done it a few times after ico regulations enforced it. we can not deny, theft or misuse of data will be very potential. but I believe, if ico who has good quality will not commit such cheating. so I do KYC verification
Activity: 456
Merit: 10
March 08, 2018, 03:10:34 AM
If I am ever going to join an ICO it would be without KYC. Can make exceptions for bigger players.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 500
March 08, 2018, 02:59:15 AM
well, I guess it depends on how the project develops. it may be very dangerous to send the kyc we have, because almost all of our information is in kyc, and it should be a secret. but, it all depends on the project you're interested in, if it's really very good, maybe sending kyc is not a problem.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
March 08, 2018, 02:54:51 AM
These days, most ICO's now require kyc before you are white listed to participate in their crowd sale and its becoming the trend in ICO's now.

I join and do my kyc only when the project is solid and am sure of the team.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
March 08, 2018, 02:46:54 AM
Unfortunately, fewer projects that do not require KYC, in general KYC is a very strange requirement that does not satisfy the constitutions of many countries, which speaks about the right to privacy and personal information. If KYC was conducting a government agency, then it's okay. But KYC conducts some kind of third-party organizations.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
March 08, 2018, 02:44:21 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
I have participated in some and most especially those that has to do with exchanges, as they always require KYCs most of the time before participating and some other projects as well asides exchange. I really do not have any problem with KYC anyway, maybe that is the reason I usually do not care much. it is the long term that matter and once the ICO shows a great prospect, every other thing is just by the way.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
March 08, 2018, 02:39:12 AM
KYC in ico is fine as long as that was a promising ico. With a good infomation about the ICO you can get return per manytime as I was Cheesy
It's really worth if you are choosing best ico. Never try to invest in those icos that was running by unknown person. This time Asura looks good ico to participate too.
Activity: 397
Merit: 100
March 08, 2018, 02:33:17 AM
Yes actually most of the ICO i've joined requires KYC as long as the project is legit for the airdrop a big NO i don't particapte especially if they require KYC it's just a waste of time.
I have even gotten used to the fact that KYC can be requested for ICOs, so I do not really make it a big issue again. If I am sue I am investing in the right project and even if with bounty it requires it, as every single available money to make this days, I do not run from. The most important thing knows that you are investing in a solid project, and you are going to have a great value from your investment in the long run.
Activity: 179
Play2Live presale starts on 25th January
March 07, 2018, 05:09:20 PM
Never guys, never. Who knows may be my documents will be as base for somebody person? Or another goal? This identification data very useful for buy/sell
Activity: 730
Merit: 102
Trphy.io
March 07, 2018, 03:31:23 PM

One thing i started with crypto is because of it's anonymity. I have trust issues with the kyc process in ICO's. I don't mind doing it on exchanges, I will maybe consider if the ICO has already a strong background or has started a business before doing the ICO or if the team has made a good name already.

For airdrop though, never send your personal info to bunch of random airdrops, it just doesn't make sense. 
Activity: 294
Merit: 2
March 07, 2018, 03:30:16 PM
Depend from the target. But mostly yes
Activity: 630
March 07, 2018, 03:29:40 PM
Some ico require the KYC of their customer then there are some reason for the ico. It show that company is following the all rules and regulations of that country which is necessary for the formulating the business. Suppose government demand for full data of their client then company can show all details or KYC very easily without any hesitation due to the good transparency if that company is genuine otherwise that is a fraud.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
March 07, 2018, 03:27:23 PM
There are too many risks for KYC procedure. all data can be stolen from a weak ICO server.
We need  a safe way for KYC for all purposes. i don't like to give my passport to everywhere
Activity: 225
Merit: 103
March 07, 2018, 03:22:45 PM
Yes, I participate in ICOs, that requires KYC. Maybe I'll regret it. But too much temptation to take part in promising projects. I know about all the dangers, but I try to ignore them mentally. But I send my documents only to top ICOs, not all in a row.
Activity: 168
WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange
March 07, 2018, 03:22:08 PM
KYC is primarily meant to keep away the bad actors(Money laundering/Tax Evasion). A socially responsible team will ensure a robust ICO KYC process.

An ICO which has adequate data protection in place and great product cum team is good to go for.
Activity: 219
March 07, 2018, 03:07:34 PM
The very phenomenon of electronic currency is designed to get rid of intermediaries. Input of the KYC is
 1. Fraud.
 2. Contradiction of the idea of the crypto currency
Pages:
Jump to: