Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 61. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
March 08, 2018, 12:17:25 PM
The whole point of cryto was to take power from centralized agencies and put it in the hands of the people. Remaining anonymous is one of the most important thing to do in crypto sphere. What sucks is that there have been few ICO's which after conducting there ICO has asked token buyers to provide  documents for KYC.
Activity: 392
March 08, 2018, 12:11:02 PM
Yes I joined once and I think it's fine undergoing KYC as long as the ICO is legit and promising. Besides, you can edit your picture to cover confidential details such as government ID's identification number. Important thing is, always be careful when joining any ICO or airdrop especially those requiring KYC.
Activity: 406
homt.net
March 08, 2018, 11:00:33 AM
Yes, I like this process.
There is a good system for stop spamming. Nowadays we see many people using multi-account and creating spam.
So, for this KYC is really good process. Which is identify a legal investor. Who wants to success the project and he also gets profit.
I support KYC.
Activity: 434
March 08, 2018, 10:50:23 AM
I do not like kyc in ico, because i've been disappointed with some ic that require kyc. The data I have given is never accepted by the organizers, even though the data is genuine have my own.
Sometimes they also ask for copies of utility bills or water on our behalf, but what if we rent a house or apartment and certainly his bill is not our name.
They also sometimes do not accept the id cards of some countries and only accept passports. This is a problem for me and maybe for other investors.
I have no problem with KYC and I am still following ICO that required KYC even they don't accept my ID card because on my ID card is showing expired period but in fact in my country is valid for whole life. No problem as long as i think the project is high potential because i still can use passport to register.

Activity: 686
Merit: 10
March 08, 2018, 08:03:53 AM
Now, most of the companies are asking for KYC documents because every company is doing the audit after crowdsale. Companies are asking KYC because their concerned lawyers are making a statement we can show to the government whenever they ask the ICO companies. It is another way for security reason to protect the investors and their investments.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
March 08, 2018, 08:01:29 AM
I think that ICOs that require KYC are more save for the customers
Activity: 912
March 08, 2018, 08:01:24 AM
If it's not a bad project, and you know that it will bring profit, then why not join it. Moreover, now many projects for investors introduce the KYC procedure. Already there is nothing to be surprised. The rules for the ICO project will be tightened, which will force project developers to implement this procedure everywhere.
Activity: 275
SOKOS.io
March 08, 2018, 08:00:31 AM
I had joined a bounty that requires KYC and thankfully I have passed the procedure they did it because the company is based in US and they are required to do KYC for bounties because of the law
Activity: 350
Merit: 39
dApps Development Automation Platform
March 08, 2018, 07:54:30 AM
Hello!IM afraid to prticipate in icos when need to fill up the kyc paper,dont understand if blockchain and crypto currency is build for anonimity then where is now all this stuff?Why we need fill kyc if the whole system is buld for anonimity...Yes i understand many scamers is now in ico and need to invest some regulations new but this thing crush all meaning about blockchain and crypto..
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!
March 08, 2018, 07:51:05 AM
Unfortunately yes. I very rarely submit my documents. But already 5 times passed ICOs that requires KYC. It is certainly very risky. But, if you choose projects very carefully, then the risk can be minimized. Due to the ban of different countries for participation, more and more companies are asking for documents. This is good on the one hand, but very bad on the part of security.
Activity: 129
March 08, 2018, 07:14:59 AM
Good ico all need kyc. Now the threshold of ico is higher and higher. Basically, high-quality ico is required to be verified by kyc.

Activity: 228
GIF by SOCIFI
March 08, 2018, 06:54:17 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

Yes, I will willingly join ICO’s which require KYC, provided they have the capabilities to fulfill their promise and have a good project team.

If some iCO is asking for KYC then definitely they will regularize themselves too with their base country financial regulations. However, I will double check before providing KYC as it may backfire too.

Activity: 159
March 08, 2018, 06:31:24 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

yes i join the bounty with KYC . the icos with KYC requirments a big chance to make the ICO become successful. 

" a big chance to" sell your documents by 3$ Good luck
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
March 08, 2018, 05:59:20 AM
I try not to join those ICO companies as a signatory campaign participant, where it is indicated that they do not exclude the KYC verification requirement. Regardless of whether this campaign is promising or not, regardless of whether I'm sure of this ICO campaign or not. I believe that the KYC requirement should not apply to signatory campaign participants because they do not invest their money in conducting ICO. Therefore, I do this in principle, so that such precedents do not apply to practice in the future.
Activity: 300
March 08, 2018, 05:54:25 AM

yes i join the bounty with KYC . the icos with KYC requirments a big chance to make the ICO become successful. 
Activity: 327
Merit: 101
March 08, 2018, 05:42:41 AM
I am a bit confused, when KYC is required as the last stage of bounty campaign. As I see, a lot of them need us to pass it to make sure that we are not residents of USA.
Activity: 773
March 08, 2018, 05:42:04 AM
Many can understand that they want to keep their anonymity. This is correct on the one hand. On the other hand, many ICO projects require the passage of the KYC identification procedure, as they are subject to requirements. That they released tokens go to real people, not scammers, bots, etc. And it's time to get used to the fact that this trend is gaining more and more momentum.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
March 08, 2018, 05:32:34 AM
I don't join ICOs that requires KYC because i am lack of valid id's that can verify my status as a customer or member. I am only a student that's why i am lacking of valid id's.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
March 08, 2018, 05:29:52 AM
kyc is usually required to become a participant ICO because the country rules where ico require it but for airdrop there are also some of them need kyc and I have experienced it
Activity: 378
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform
March 08, 2018, 04:20:07 AM
While investing in crypto money, I think that our identity should remain anonymous. So I do not invest in icos that require kyc. If there is a project in the bounty prize that requires kyc, I never invest in it again. It does not give me confidence Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: