Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 63. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 258
March 07, 2018, 02:22:54 PM
I will not do it. In the past ico was still good. Today, almost everything is scam and I do not give my ID. then I buy my token from the bounty people and am still a little anonymous . and the team can run away with it after the ico. that's too risky for me today.
Activity: 158
Merit: 0
March 07, 2018, 02:15:17 PM
Most of the ICOs now require their participants to do KYC (know your customer) which is a normal procedure.
Some airdrop and bounty programs are also recommending KYC for their supporters but not so common.
KYC shouldn't be a problem in as much the project is promising.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 07, 2018, 01:53:47 PM
KYC is now a common procedure for joining an ICO. Of course, the data safety is under the question... but you usually don't take part in the scam ICOs, do you?
The thing that really makes me mad is passing KYC for getting bounties... but I guess this will become a common thing, too... and those who don't want to work for nothing will get used to it, including me.
Activity: 238
March 07, 2018, 12:42:16 PM
I think the ICO which require KYC is the good projects. they are really professinal teams. but with airdrops, i do not believe them. they just wanna get my personal data and say good bye to me.

I'm joining now CEDEX, my first ever signature bounty campaign that requires KYC on their clients, investors and bounty hunters.
I've been joining CEDEX ICO since their day 1 and now they are writing on their all token recepients to submit their KYC ID and identity information before getting their tokens.  
Activity: 434
March 07, 2018, 12:29:10 PM
I have been into ICO before and this is my second signature campaign and i don't know if this bounty i have participated will require KYC before the end of ICO. I don't care much about KYC and comply for it for as long as the ICO is legit and trustworthy.
Activity: 238
March 07, 2018, 12:24:28 PM
I joined ICOs the is not yet required KYC at first on their announcement and bounty page but while their bounty campaign is about to end then they are now requiring their clients, investors and bounty hunters to submit KYC as their major requirement on their distribution of tokens.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
March 07, 2018, 12:21:52 PM
I think the ICO which require KYC is the good projects. they are really professinal teams. but with airdrops, i do not believe them. they just wanna get my personal data and say good bye to me.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
March 07, 2018, 10:26:45 AM
If the project is really legit (and yes you should only think of investing in that kind of projects) I think it is actually better for project and participants to have KYC then not. Especially if number of participants is limited.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
March 07, 2018, 10:26:24 AM
i lose all my money in ICO .
ICO need to be banned . fuck all scams .

You should have studied the ICO carefully before investing in it. I have participated in a number of ICOs during the past one year. Some of them have given me decent returns, but some others turned out to be scams. But there is hardly anything we can do about it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
March 07, 2018, 10:20:07 AM
I recently joined a project that required to follow the KYC procedure but at the end after the ICO was completed. But in fact I'm still confused because if I submit personal information to 'them' I fear my data will be used for unwanted things. on the other hand, I am interested because the pay is legit even though my rank is still junior member. What is clear I just hope that the project that I follow can be successful.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
March 07, 2018, 06:40:58 AM
I have, but I tend to choose the ICOs I invest in very carefully, so I have a certain level of trust at least in those running the show. If I was throwing money into more ICOs looking for quick flips, even if I don't believe in the team/product/etc, then I might be a lot more wary of doing KYC.
Right, KYC should not be anyone's problem unless of course those in the US who have been prevented from participating in ICOs, but for as long as the ICO is one that promises to be a great one, KYC is something that is really not a problem for me in anyway.

They want to know me, so be it. I am quite choosy on ICOs and if it is project with a good team that obviously should mean a lot, then I will gladly do all the verification that is needed.
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
March 06, 2018, 01:18:35 PM
No. I don't tend to join ICOs that require KYC. It's just not worth it to me to give out my information for digital tokens, when I can go buy any other coin or token and stay anonymous.
Definitely no! I try to not take part in such ICO. More and more projects need KYC for bounty even. It crosses all borders. Who can guarantee that my docs not to be sold anywhere?
March 06, 2018, 10:42:03 AM
Depending on the ICO and the team behind it, I don't mind doing an ICO demanding for KYC. I will advice before undergoing on such ICO do proper research on the Devs behind it. They must be visible and have a valid social presence, also check their partner companies and ensure its not fabricated. Most of the KYC ICO I joined all delivered successfully but know that most of them are scams.
Activity: 274
Merit: 13
March 06, 2018, 10:33:33 AM
No. I don't tend to join ICOs that require KYC. It's just not worth it to me to give out my information for digital tokens, when I can go buy any other coin or token and stay anonymous.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 06, 2018, 10:30:21 AM
I do not like kyc in ico, because i've been disappointed with some ic that require kyc. The data I have given is never accepted by the organizers, even though the data is genuine have my own.
Sometimes they also ask for copies of utility bills or water on our behalf, but what if we rent a house or apartment and certainly his bill is not our name.
They also sometimes do not accept the id cards of some countries and only accept passports. This is a problem for me and maybe for other investors.
Maybe you have some problem with your data or probably it is not clear enough. I have never had any of these problems with any ICO since all my data are usually intact anyway. It is usually swift, so you may have to do a rescan or recheck what you have been sending. However, ICO requesting KYC verification is not new to me, if that is what the team needs, I always do not mind doing that as long as I am sure of the project I am putting my funds into, that is all that matters anyway.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 04:17:11 PM
I would never invest in an ICO that required KYC. I barely trust Coinbase with my personal information. Read my lips: THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY YOUR PERSONAL INFO IS SAFE!

Major companies cant keep this stuff safe with multi million dollar security budgets. How do you expect some 22 year old programmers with no business experience and a treasure trove of personal information to do it? If you do 10 ICOs that require KYC a year, you *will* have your information stolen and sold on the dark web. (In many cases that info alone is worth more than the stupid token that is ICOing.)
Activity: 392
March 05, 2018, 04:16:16 PM
i lose all my money in ICO .
ICO need to be banned . fuck all scams .
Activity: 448
March 05, 2018, 04:11:12 PM
for me KYC is a  tool to reduce volume of bounty distribution. and  a lot  of members will miss  the deadline of  KYC registration and some of them will faild registration
Activity: 179
Play2Live presale starts on 25th January
March 05, 2018, 03:33:22 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I don't want to join in ICOs that requires KYC. But quite often KYC  to will be announced later after
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
March 04, 2018, 03:26:54 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I dont join ICOs that requires KYC since it they are requiring a very sensitive information that if go to the wrong hands may caused chaos to that person. They cannot also guarantee to the KYC participant that the information they are requiring is in safe hands and will be responsible if anything happens related to it. They must solve this issue first before I join them.
Pages:
Jump to: