Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 64. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 251
March 04, 2018, 03:16:20 AM
One simple word - No. This whole KYC fiasco is seriously disturbing and something that I do not support at all. It goes against what bitcoin and the crypto world stands for which is why I am against it. So many ICOS and companies conducting airdrops these days are actively asking for KYC these days which is completely messed up and people are willing to give away their information for quick profits which I understand, but more and more people need to boycott such campaigns so that they can stop this bullshit soon. I hope the crypto community rises up against this fiasco.
Also think. Definitely no! It's not difficult but for what? The main idea for crypto is decentralized and anonymity. And in this time we link docs and wallet self. And that's not what I'm saying about darknet and other places with that KYC. However, nobody worries about leaks.
That's why once more - NO!
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 04, 2018, 02:56:34 AM
One simple word - No. This whole KYC fiasco is seriously disturbing and something that I do not support at all. It goes against what bitcoin and the crypto world stands for which is why I am against it. So many ICOS and companies conducting airdrops these days are actively asking for KYC these days which is completely messed up and people are willing to give away their information for quick profits which I understand, but more and more people need to boycott such campaigns so that they can stop this bullshit soon. I hope the crypto community rises up against this fiasco.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
March 04, 2018, 02:45:14 AM
I did invested some ICOs but I haven't tried one that requires KYC. Lately these KYC requirements just started when some governments are strictly regulating crypto currencies.
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
Get Paid to Play your Media on Current
March 04, 2018, 02:34:29 AM
I have been doing it without much thought (picture of ID) , would hesitate more to give away passport information. But I start to think that maybe that have been a misstake (worried about identify theft)....
So from now on I will only do it for projects that I know is 100% legit.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
March 04, 2018, 02:29:50 AM
For me the answer is yes. Why nit . It's not a problem to complite KYC if u  r not using multiaccount and other stuff like that. So yeah  sure. I think very soon all ico will need to complite KYC for sure.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
March 04, 2018, 02:28:27 AM
There are a lot of scams that want to get your info and that's the downside of doing KYC for bounties for ICO but it also help with not cheating the system.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
March 04, 2018, 02:25:29 AM
When I believe in the ICO that KYC requires, I provide my information.
 They ask the KYC to make sure that the funds are not being used by terrorism, and also to get information about the investor and now most ICOs are asking about it. Of course, the introduction of KYS does not please me, because it is the provision of my data, but I want to get a profit)
Actually, for me it is okay to join Ico's that requires Kyc that we submit our identification. But before doing that we have to make sure that project is good and with really has capable of development of the project. It is necessary for some Ico just to follow with some regulations and just to protect investors benefit.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
March 04, 2018, 02:00:24 AM
why? is it bad when ICO has somehting secure and what may keep your funds under a strict control?  Undecided
cryptocurrency is a decentralized currency then why should we give KYC information to ICOs, bitcoin is ynlike fiat money where KYC is necessary. So I think in bitcoin KYC not requires it creates necessary problems, identity shouldn't be revealed then it would be better.
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
March 04, 2018, 01:45:47 AM
why? is it bad when ICO has somehting secure and what may keep your funds under a strict control?  Undecided
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
March 04, 2018, 01:37:03 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
First of all if any ICOs airdrop is directly saying about to free join to get free coin but needed your details by KYC then I would like to suggest that don't go with them .
But it any ICO that is looking legimate and also that have better score in ICOs project then I would like to suggest you that  go for the KYC verification Because in some cases few ICOs can take details but don't reveal any those of details which may they can use for Thier wrong work .
Personally I saw only once a ICO project who was asking for the KYC but I didn't invested and not gave any details .
So use your own mind according to condition whether you will needed to give or not otherwise cryptourrency is decentralised and it doesn't need any KYC details ( only regulations and taxation system by the government will take such details or any exchange in this time by government order ) .
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 03, 2018, 05:20:52 AM
Some people set up separate bank accounts just for Crypto and don't link them to their other accounts. Good option except you still need to provide license, or passport or sin. Freaks me out for sure and I would join very few of them after doing a lot of research.

Well, smart investors won't join ICOs but instead if that ICO is worth of investment, we/they just wait for them to hit Crypto Exchanges and coinmarketcap.com.
Buying coins when they bump on coinmarketcap.com will cause their price value to drop and it's our chance to get them while they're cheaper.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 05:19:38 AM
not all of the ICO apply KYC. for the moment only a few that apply this system in ICO them because the new KYC still remain. Even so, KYC has a good security system and liked by everyone.
Activity: 238
March 03, 2018, 05:18:29 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I don't join any ICOs that requires KYC so that my identity would not soon get into trouble in the future.
There's a lot of incidents that has been noted that some clients and customers had a theft identity issues since they join KYC required ICOs since it was implemented.
I rather wait their Altcoin to bump on coinmarketcap.com and invest because most of the time the price value of a new Altcoin will go down so I could get them cheaper with no KYC bullshit.
Activity: 839
Merit: 500
March 03, 2018, 05:15:13 AM
Some people set up separate bank accounts just for Crypto and don't link them to their other accounts. Good option except you still need to provide license, or passport or sin. Freaks me out for sure and I would join very few of them after doing a lot of research.
Activity: 378
March 03, 2018, 05:06:47 AM
Yes i would. KYC is not a difficult process but there are still people having the problem to compliance with it. I think only if the person is a terriost, involved in money laundering, banned by the EU Sanction or tried multiple accounts to cheat for more tokens, these people will not like KYC because they can't provide it. Good citizens all have no problem on complete the KYC. If you are afraid of being hacked, then you shouldn’t give your private keys if they required.
March 03, 2018, 04:55:47 AM
When I believe in the ICO that KYC requires, I provide my information.
 They ask the KYC to make sure that the funds are not being used by terrorism, and also to get information about the investor and now most ICOs are asking about it. Of course, the introduction of KYS does not please me, because it is the provision of my data, but I want to get a profit)
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
March 02, 2018, 05:23:27 PM
what do the laws in your countries write? From when is KYC duty with you. $ 10,000? or does it have to be made for $ 10 KYC? that would be a joke  Grin There must be a law in every country
Activity: 602
March 02, 2018, 03:37:57 PM
What I really hate is that some ICO obligate investors and bounty hunters pass KYC, even though they didn't clarify this point earlier.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
March 02, 2018, 03:19:36 PM
Yes if the ICO is really good or upto the mark of my investment analysis then i do not mind filling out my documents for the kyc requirement, it is necessary for some projects that fall in us jurisdiction mostly.
Merit: 11
March 02, 2018, 03:16:03 PM
If it's really worth it then yes. In general, if possible, try not to participate in such companies.
Pages:
Jump to: