Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 65. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 660
Merit: 250
March 01, 2018, 08:39:17 PM
KYC for me is dangerous they will get your information what if the site was hack? Then hackers will get info to your email address and access your computer by malware. I don't this is a great idea but KYC for me needs to be discreet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Decentralize The $15-Trillion Global Trade Industr
March 01, 2018, 08:22:31 PM
KYC is awful all around not just bad for ICOs. Anywhere there is KYC, that is a spot asking to be phished or hacked and that is inevitable. Until we realize this is the problem with KYC, it will always causes hindrance rather than the set out intention of helping.
Activity: 182
Merit: 8
NTOK: Tokenize Your Talents
March 01, 2018, 08:13:03 PM
Yes. On my case, I rather prefer ICOs, Initial Coin Offerings who require their clients, KYC, Know your Customer, it is to enable transparency to the buyer and seller relationship. It also focuses on selling tocreal and existing persons rather than dummied accounts.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 555
dont be greedy
March 01, 2018, 08:10:18 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
KYC does not bother me,
it could be their attempt to enforce regulations to restrict contributors from certain countries
but, the KYC I like is when ICO gets hardcap and when token distribution, KYC is needed to receive token
Activity: 291
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 08:05:57 PM
Difinately will join if the project is promissing.

KYC is a compliance requirement for most countries. It is a regulation put in place by Central Banks. This is to avoid Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. KYC verification is a crucial part of many transactions. I would gladly oblige/ follow the requirement for KYC if needed. However, they will need to provide the clause that they will only use our data / document for verification purposes only. You may email them first before submitting any documents.

Soo you will need to really check and research before joining. I'm a working compliance officer.  Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
March 01, 2018, 07:43:22 PM
I participate in the ICO, usually participating in signature campaigns and would not join the campaign that requires a KYC review. However, the problem is that such an audit of the ICO company is required to take place after the end of the ICO, when all the tokens have already been credited. Thus, they deprive us of the right to choose. If the participant of the signature campaign refuses to provide his personal data and copies of the passport, then he will not be paid the earned tokens. After that, they will be assigned by ICO, which makes this check in order to assign themselves tokens to be paid. This is a common fraud.
Activity: 882
Merit: 104
March 01, 2018, 07:43:03 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
As of now I'm not totally join to some ICO that have KYC because it's hard to trust your informational but if the project is successful and have a potential maybe I will join even they have KYC. But I think its good for investor to have KYC because some ICO protects their project too.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
March 01, 2018, 07:40:40 PM
I would try to avoid it in as long as I am not sure the project is good and it is going to be profitable. Otherwise, I see no reason to give information away.
This might really have consideration when it comes to situation on where you do see opportunity to a certain project that do require KYC into their investment phase.Its really up to you if you can risk for the sake of profits or not.
Giving out informations to someone is no joke it can be used into other purposes.We wont even know if it does or not depends on the team that do handle such documents.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
March 01, 2018, 07:38:58 PM
At these days nearly for all ICOs KYC is an obligatory process. Because of some counties restricted. Like China or USD

I have participated
Arcblok
Dether
Sapien
Faceter

And KYC was mandatory for all of them. Aside from ICO, yesterday Nucleus wants from even bounty participant to join KYC.
Activity: 303
Merit: 100
POS / PRIMENODES
March 01, 2018, 07:36:05 PM
I would try to avoid it in as long as I am not sure the project is good and it is going to be profitable. Otherwise, I see no reason to give information away.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
March 01, 2018, 07:24:55 PM

I do not know if you join the ICO that is in the name of investors or just work on the bounty. Because any campaign will KYC with investors, bounty makers will probably not need KYC because they just do not have money to invest. Typically, you must invest more than 10 ETH to be KYC. So I would join any ICOs if it felt potential.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
March 01, 2018, 07:15:00 PM
Well, if its really a good project that has a tendency of exploding the way bitcoin did,  I don't mind giving out my identity to purchase it. I just hope the project company's and developer protects investors identity like the way they promise they usually do and it wont be used for other purpose. The one problem that bothers me is, what if the coin becomes a shitcoin? knowing the fact that I gave out identity to puchase a shitcoin will continue to bother me.
Activity: 305
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
March 01, 2018, 07:10:09 PM

Maybe there is ico need KYC because this is good project but i didn't join airdrop for now because there is so many not valuable token that he have so is useless to join airdrop.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
March 01, 2018, 07:06:10 PM
the problem is the team says shortly before the end of ico the KYC is needed. and you are already 8 weeks. what do you do then ? Do you lose 8 weeks or do you send your data? or you have to send a fake passport and then be lucky that it works
That's the part I dislike most. I don't get why most project developer do this. To me it looks suspicious. What is there in  announcing that the ICO requires a KYC verification before the purchase. If the project is worth it, most people will go ahead and give out their identity to the website without a second thought. But most developer knows that their project may not worth a potential investors to submit their ID only to request for it after token purchase.
Activity: 168
March 01, 2018, 06:56:23 PM
It is important for them to know their customers but to what extent?

If an ICO requires an official scan of your ID, I'm not doing that. I respect my privacy.
Activity: 42
March 01, 2018, 06:50:03 PM
OK so here is the deal. Sooner or later ICOs will probably have to conduct KYC on their customers to prove where the money is coming from. The problem is you should not give your data to just anyone and also the data collector has to apply very strict data privacy regulation, in Europe it is GDPR, its like freaking everybody out right now because it applies to all companies regardless of size and it is quite difficult to comply with. So it is very likely this will in the future apply to ICOs as well.

It is already applicable to exchanges and custodian wallet providers. But personally I hate providing such personal details to people I dont trust.

Help me with the research on ICO investor behavior, if you invest in ICOs fill in this short anonymous questionnaire. Thanks, cheers and may the force be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
Activity: 280
EQUAL Network Token
March 01, 2018, 06:24:46 PM
Unfortunately in the bounty it becomes known at the end of the company. I do not like this tendency and I am against the pass of the KYC
Activity: 210
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
March 01, 2018, 06:23:25 PM
Of course i am participating ICOs that requures KYC,if i really impressed with the technology i wont mind sending my IDs,but just a tip you can use fake IDs with these KYC so that your identity wont be put to risk,or your privacy wont be compromised because you will never know whem will these people will sell your IDs in the darkweb.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
March 01, 2018, 06:22:31 PM
I don't trust many 3rd parties with my personal documents. Unfortunately that means I lose out on all legitimate ICOs too. But even legitimate businesses are at risk of exposing your data. That's why the problem has to be solved on a fundamental level: not having to send your personal data but verifying your identity through a blockchain ID project. Several of those are in development now. Hopefully they'll be ready for use soon.
Activity: 350
March 01, 2018, 06:20:17 PM
I often participate in ICO project that requires KYC for their investor. I think it's fine cause it's a good way to control investor nationality cause US investor often banned so they just wanna know if there is anyone come from US invested in their project or not Smiley. But before invested in any project that requires KYC, I often check really carefully to not fall into a scam project and risk my identity as well Smiley
Most of the ICO projects that I participated in during this time required KYC verification and I think that is what should be done to prove the identity of the investor. You need to be serious about investing in this market and KYC is a must.
Pages:
Jump to: