Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 66. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 15
March 01, 2018, 06:20:04 PM
Usually ICO that i'm follow if contribute more than 1 Eth to it project will requires KYC. It can upload your id card or driver license
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
March 01, 2018, 06:17:59 PM
In my opinion KYC not necesary in every bounty program because this is will need extra time for that, and some bounty hunter can not provide KYC procedure because reason of privacy. KYC could be only for investor who purchased the token during ICO. And for me KYC procedure will become complicated because i joined alot of bounty program, this is will be not efisien for my job and i have to spend extra time for that.
Yes, you're right mate. KYC is not necessary in fact many ICO become successful without asking any KYC from their different participants in the bounty. Well, to those bounty want a KYC and makes me convinced to joined ,on that case I have no choice but to provide a KYC since they want to know their customers to avoid spammers as part in their bounty.
KYC is implemented to prevent fraudelent acts and spammers but not agreeing with it doesn't mean that you are a spammer.  Some people still like to keep the privacy that they have and their  anonymity. In fact,  being anonymous is what makes it more secure for me because personal information will not be needed. 

I agree that KYC is good and will make ICOs secure and more legit but still personal information is more important for  others and that may be is the reason why some do not want and is not interested in joining ICOs with KYC requirements.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
March 01, 2018, 01:26:38 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

KYC is only for safety and nothing too worry about it, get your ID take picture, up load it and problem solve. If you're afraid your private information stolen just leave the ICO is better I believe. Until now my KYC always accepted and my data/ account still safe, so I'll keep participate with ICO with or with out KYC.

This is not for safety in my opinion Smiley
When project team complete something kinda KYC - this is for safety, I agree. So developers will not get disappeared with money.
But what about investors? They already give money, why they should give their ID, their documents, I dont understand. I mean I understand, but I dont like it. Smiley
But what I dont like most of all - KYC for airdrop. This is autism
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
March 01, 2018, 12:29:46 PM
I often participate in ICO project that requires KYC for their investor. I think it's fine cause it's a good way to control investor nationality cause US investor often banned so they just wanna know if there is anyone come from US invested in their project or not Smiley. But before invested in any project that requires KYC, I often check really carefully to not fall into a scam project and risk my identity as well Smiley
Activity: 199
March 01, 2018, 12:22:15 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Never! I prefer an ICO that has no KYC and it contradict to a decentralization that we enjoy today. Besides KYC is useless and just a formality. Those developers can still scam you if they didn't make any development or dump their token if their token pumps high.
Activity: 518
Merit: 258
March 01, 2018, 12:13:08 PM
the problem is the team says shortly before the end of ico the KYC is needed. and you are already 8 weeks. what do you do then ? Do you lose 8 weeks or do you send your data? or you have to send a fake passport and then be lucky that it works
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
March 01, 2018, 12:12:30 PM
Given a choice, I will prefer not to do KYC to protect my identity. This is what crypto should be. But unfortunately, KYC can not be avoided due to laws and regulations. So, I will still do KYC if it is a promising project and I really want to invest. If not, I won’t be bothered.
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
March 01, 2018, 12:08:57 PM
I try to avoid such bounties. It's good that there is a choice. But it is unpleasant, when after the end of the bounty, they require you to pass KYC for getting tokens. This is an unfair game in a sense.
Activity: 252
Merit: 15
March 01, 2018, 12:07:27 PM

When it comes to just airdrop and you are requiring for KYC, Better not to joined that airdrop because it can't be so trusted. Your personal information is not safe. But when it comes to the ICOS that requiring KYC, For me it's okay especially when their ICO is successful. However, We still need to undergo some investigation wether that ICO will legit and truely recognized by most people.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
March 01, 2018, 12:05:40 PM
i am a very careful person, when i research ICOs that needs to verify my informations, i surely will not invest my money into it no matter how good it can be. Loosing information on the internet is a serious problem that more serious than loosing money. If our informations is not kept carefully, our entire life will be effected badly by governments and society.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 12:00:17 PM
KYC to team know cilents,they want know information of cilents where crptyo don't ban by law
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
March 01, 2018, 11:50:00 AM
If it is a project I really like and believe in it. I will do KYC, because of regulations KYC is required for projects to get listed on exchanges
Activity: 826
Merit: 252
March 01, 2018, 11:32:17 AM

KYC is only for safety and nothing too worry about it, get your ID take picture, up load it and problem solve. If you're afraid your private information stolen just leave the ICO is better I believe. Until now my KYC always accepted and my data/ account still safe, so I'll keep participate with ICO with or with out KYC.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
March 01, 2018, 11:31:46 AM
Joining ICO which requires KYC is solely your call, if you feel the company is good and believe in its terms then go ahead or else avoid joining in them. Normally they ask KYC to make sure the funds are not used by terrorism and money laundering, I think most of the ICO's are asking for this now and this is been a rule for them before or after crowd sale of their coins.
Activity: 261
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 11:22:37 AM
I didn't mind joining ICOs with KYC's first but after reading some posts that my data could be used in some things not appropriate I choose to not join ICOs even if they are really promising. I know we are not really safe in hacking and such since we've been using computer and other gadgets everyday and there are times that we need to login to these devices that could compromise our identity but still protecting ourselves is our responsibility. I'd like to spare myself from future identity thief problems in the future.
Activity: 688
Merit: 101
March 01, 2018, 11:18:34 AM

yes absolutely your right. kyc requires from airdrops are scam, they want to use you identity on some other bad activity, so for me to have a KYC in airdrops and bounty is not necessary to implement. we are bounty hunters and not a client or customer either, we published their project to got paid and not to invest in.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 11:17:12 AM
Only if I'm sure of the project.
e.g. If ICO or bounty program is running and tokens are already on exchange then I will fill out KYC. It shows some reliability for me.
But if the proj has just started and they require KYC I will think it over very precautiously. Because the tokens may never even come to exchange and I'll lose my personal data.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 11:00:32 AM
I do not want to disclose my data, but if the project causes sympathy, I have no choice, and I fill out KYC. It is desirable that the verification was known in advance.
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
March 01, 2018, 10:58:36 AM
I think that KYC verification when investing in ICOs is a necessity because it will make the investment become more transparent and avoid the risk of buying large amounts of speculators in order to dominate their co-currency cryprocurrency. KYC verification thus limits the shortcomings experienced by ICO projects.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
March 01, 2018, 10:53:17 AM
Well honestly no i don't join in any airdrops or bounty campaigns that requires KYC since there are some ICOs do not require verification to withdraw to tokens why? because my personal information, government IDs some stuff will comprimised can be used to illegal activities and used in banks to apply credit loans or worst but if i ever will be joining in a bounty campaign or airdrop, i will make sure the ICO's roadmap and the team profiles legit.
Pages:
Jump to: