Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 67. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 253
March 01, 2018, 10:35:21 AM
ICOs only require KYCs for investors with amounts of money higher than 10 ETH. The majority of bounties with bounty hunters do not need KYC. Because they just need KYCs who own a large number of tokens because they are afraid of impacting the ICO rate when they sell or buy large amounts of Token.
That depends on the ico agreement itself. Some projects are putting around 10 ethereum for minimum investment to apply KYC for those are investing around 10 ethereum or more. But in another project i was seeing so many projects are using KYC as a mandatory to the every ico participant. Not all of ICOs applied that agreement.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Transforming the Global Shipping Industry
March 01, 2018, 10:27:03 AM
Yes, because this is additional plus for project, as it means that they are legal, and they require legal investors.
Activity: 308
March 01, 2018, 10:21:44 AM
Currently, almost all ICOs require a KYC procedure. I'm looking only for serious projects that I can trust with my ETH and my documents
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
March 01, 2018, 10:19:27 AM
No, I have not done it yet but i have no problem to do it, if project is perfect.
Before submit the KYC first i would read out the whole whitepaper and roadmap of the company, and make a small inquiry about the team which is behind the project is available with original name on internet or not and how much experience they have in blockchain activities.
After collecting all the information regarding project and after my satisfaction, then there is no problem to submit the KYC.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 27, 2018, 07:53:32 PM
ICOs only require KYCs for investors with amounts of money higher than 10 ETH. The majority of bounties with bounty hunters do not need KYC. Because they just need KYCs who own a large number of tokens because they are afraid of impacting the ICO rate when they sell or buy large amounts of Token.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 07:49:02 PM
First pick the right ICO by doing the due diligence on the business plan, the team, and the compelling reason why blockchain creates differentiating value.  If that checks out, KYC is a formality.

Check out the ICO for RLCoin, an enterprise solution for loyalty: www.rlcoin.io.  The product has existing traction with 250 clients and partners in Europe and Asia.
Activity: 224
February 27, 2018, 11:19:33 AM
it is depend on the situation, if the ICO has a great potential on their project, why not ?
but if nothing great in the project, dont even bother it. you will lose your coins.
Activity: 210
February 27, 2018, 10:13:19 AM
Recently, a particular ICO that i've participated in demanded KYC to everybody that participated in their bounty regardless. Either you're an investor or bounty campaigner and added that campaigners will not be payed unless they do KYC. Naturally most of the bounty campaigners declined to the idea. So the ICOS's admin changed their pinned message to " only people of interest will do KYC ". I just go with the flow. If they will require me, definitely i will do it. Knowing that my payout depends on it. Who would want their hard earned payment go to waste in exchange of a simple task, doing KYC?
Activity: 280
February 27, 2018, 08:34:08 AM
Yes I do. For now I see almost all ICOs require a KYC. For in the future I think that 100% of the ICOs will require a KYC.

Sadly but I think you are absolutely right, although personally, I despise every idea of KYC. I bet there will be no more real anonymity in cryptomarket in the nearest future.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 08:02:24 AM
In my opinion KYC not necesary in every bounty program because this is will need extra time for that, and some bounty hunter can not provide KYC procedure because reason of privacy. KYC could be only for investor who purchased the token during ICO. And for me KYC procedure will become complicated because i joined alot of bounty program, this is will be not efisien for my job and i have to spend extra time for that.
Activity: 322
Merit: 40
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
February 27, 2018, 07:51:30 AM
Yes I do. For now I see almost all ICOs require a KYC. For in the future I think that 100% of the ICOs will require a KYC.
Activity: 434
February 27, 2018, 07:50:20 AM
Other ICO only announced KYC after their ICO ends and bounty participants must fill-up the KYC form in order to received the tokens. With this kind of conditions, we can't do nothing except to follow their rules. I already experienced this matter and so far there seems no further issues that I encountered.
Activity: 164
February 27, 2018, 07:38:56 AM
I don't do take any action with any ICO that wants KYC. It reminds me too much of the old world slavery to the system.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
February 27, 2018, 01:33:47 AM
It seems rather bizarre that unregulated and unlicensed entities are demanding you provide them with copies of your ID when all the fraud we see is from companies recieving the money turning out not be who they claimed to be. How about KYC's for the people conducting the ICO?
Activity: 266
February 27, 2018, 01:32:07 AM
I am also not interested in such a project, because most of the current ICO is just a scam, it has lost the anonymity of the cryptographic currency, so the mode of ICO will not be healthy.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
February 27, 2018, 01:27:52 AM
Yes. Only people with multiple accounts hate KYCs. Eventually, when governments regulate cryptocurrency, KYC will be the norm. Why refuse now and miss out on the payouts? It doesn’t pay to be paranoid.
Activity: 476
February 27, 2018, 01:07:09 AM

I totally have no problem KYC, in fact i think its helps develop trust and transparency,, however th ICO project has to be a reasonable one too with a properly outlined structure, not just some cash gab project with shallow intentions.
Activity: 326
February 27, 2018, 01:06:37 AM
Depends how far the KYC goes.

If they require a scanned ID and all that, I may think of it.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
www.thegeomadao.com
February 27, 2018, 01:06:15 AM
I'm not really interested in such projects. It loses the security of the virtual currency. No one likes this, so it certainly will not attract many investors because it is not anonymous
Activity: 58
February 27, 2018, 01:01:40 AM
projects that require information on their investors the most investor-friendly, the days of the wild West are fading, all other industries requirements identifikacii this is a common and standard process, in the world of the crypto community by tradition still reigns a spirit of anarchism, but it only hinders the development of the industry as a whole
Pages:
Jump to: