Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 68. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 12:36:04 PM
If the ICO is promising and you believe and know that they will succeed, why not? You don't need to be afraid that someone will have your personal ID, and what?? If we go online these days, we can find your personal data and you won't even know. Your Facebook is more risky then this, because there you share information about you every single day, and everyone knows, where are you, with whom, why, what do you eat, where do you sleep, with whom and etc... It is funny if you are afraid from KYC.
Activity: 181
February 26, 2018, 12:18:57 PM
No, i don't.
So far, i haven't join ICOs that requires KYC yet,
because i think there are so many good ICOs and became successful that don't force us to do KYC confirmation before join, but we need to confirm after they already count the stake and want to distribute the reward to us
Activity: 2184
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
February 26, 2018, 12:12:54 PM

As we all know crypto currencies are anonymous so KYC should not be required logically. But if I see project is genuine seems promising then it does not matter to me to give my KYC because some ICOs maintains all the investors KYC on the other hand many scammers are active so one should be very careful providing it's KYC and I am not in favour to give my KYC for airdrops.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
February 26, 2018, 11:17:59 AM
I don't care very much to KYC for ICO.. I don't like it for Airdrops but I think this can be a good way to cut out bots and multi-accounts fake.....
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
February 26, 2018, 11:16:29 AM
I would rather not send my information if that is possible, but if that ICO is really good and i want to invest in it i guess that i would have no other option.
But to be honest my first choice would be an ICO that doesn’t require KYC.
Activity: 350
Merit: 108
February 26, 2018, 08:17:13 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Until now I have never joined ICO whose condition must fill KYC. KYC does not need to bounty hunter because with the existing regulations are now good. I am very worried if my personal data is misused. But if for a very reasonable investor need KYC because they invest their money.
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
February 26, 2018, 08:01:05 AM
I am not interested to participate in projects that require KYC (know your customer). I don't want to give my personal details only for some tokens. I don't feel safe.
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
February 26, 2018, 07:50:50 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Well for me,it's better to have this kind of requirements because it will help to eliminate some multi accounts.I know it's dangerous to exposed our real identity,but for us who joined signature campaigns,I think it is a good idea because in this way,we are confident that we are surely given with tokens.And also we have a chance to get more rewards because if multi accounts eliminated,their shares will be given to the remaining participants.
Activity: 223
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 07:31:01 AM
Just when its a real hyped and very seriouse ICO. I dont participate much in ICO,s. Because the most ICO who has bounty campaign, the price will go very low at listing. All the Bounty Hunters are dropping their coins go get some fast profit. Thats the reason why i dont invest in ico and why i dont have to be worry about KYC process. So i want to say there are other points for me why i dont invest to in ICO, but KYC is not a problem for me. I dont know why the most people are so scared about KYC. I know its nod cool to share always you information.
Activity: 969
Merit: 683
___________/\_______
February 26, 2018, 07:23:36 AM
My personality is ahead of everything and I wouldn't trade my personal  data for anything. I mean, ICOs that requires KYC are not for me, obviously.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 07:17:38 AM

I haven't yet joined any of those bounties or airdrops, that require KYC. But I don't see anything wrong with it, just to prove your personal information and I don't think in any way scammers can use it against you! To be honest I seen only one bounty, that required KYC and I didn't join, not because of that, but for other reason! In airdrops I don't really participate much, if it would have required KYC, I would definitely skip it!
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
February 26, 2018, 07:14:19 AM
Yep, I’m willing to fill up those forms as long its reasonable and the project attracts my money so much. Better to be careful on giving such information because a lot of scammers and greedy people around cryptomarket. KYC is good for the security of every investors if its used in a good way.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
February 26, 2018, 07:13:11 AM
I stopped joining most, unless I can definitely tell their legit and I support their message.

I value my privacy and would rather not give them super detailed information.
Activity: 434
The Exchange for EOS Community
February 26, 2018, 07:09:39 AM
KYC as implemented by some crypto exchanges and ICOs are somewhat giving headache to others specially when they won't qualify for the KYC requirements. On the good side of it, it prevents people from their shady activities since their personality are already exposed via KYC. But my only concern is that, do these people really send their true documents or IDs? Because some of these people are also skeptical about KYC that it might be used as way of identity theft.
Activity: 70
February 26, 2018, 06:58:22 AM
For my KYC is something that guarantee (at least a little), that the ICO is legit and that everything is going to be ok with it and there will be no scams. The problem for me is that you are sending them information regarding you, but ... you cannot be completely sure in them. I would love to see CIVIC project in action for KYC identification. I think this will be a game changer and every ICO will start to ask KYC.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
February 26, 2018, 06:47:15 AM
Yes, most of the ones I joined do require KYC. This shouldn't be too much of a hassle if managed properly, plus it’s potentially good for the ICO since it gives it a legal backing.

Desirably, we should be able to upload this info just once on a reliable KYC verifier and have this verifier provide KYC clearance to multiple ICOs, thus reducing our need to upload our personal data so often and making our personal data safer in the broadview.
Activity: 753
February 26, 2018, 06:43:08 AM
KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) are a test that ICO projects that want to establish a legal entity and become a company have to pass. It is very likely that projects that don't meet these conditions from the beginning or afterwards will face major problems on the legal level. It is therefore a necessary process.
Correctly, all investors look at it in different ways, someone understands this, and provides its data, understanding the seriousness of the project, someone on the contrary - is not going to do it. Personally, I think, in the future, every serious project will require the passage of KYC.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
February 26, 2018, 06:40:48 AM
I do but only after I've checked, literally scanned the whole information about the project and the people who are working at it.
copper member
Activity: 882
Merit: 110
February 26, 2018, 06:39:27 AM
Yes I'd join an ICO with KYC. These ICOs just comply with their countries rules and regulations. But for airdrops, No, it's too risky to give my identity for a free coin that you don't know if it will be successful in the future.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
February 26, 2018, 06:35:44 AM
KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) are a test that ICO projects that want to establish a legal entity and become a company have to pass. It is very likely that projects that don't meet these conditions from the beginning or afterwards will face major problems on the legal level. It is therefore a necessary process.
Pages:
Jump to: