Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 69. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 26, 2018, 06:33:16 AM
I don't join such ICOs. In it's core crypto currency is about anonymity so giving my personal data to someone who can result being a scam is not what I'm gonna do.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 06:28:11 AM
No. I never participate in campaign that have KYC, because i don't want to give my personal identity in any one, i think wallet address is enough to get my token where ever i join.
Activity: 364
February 26, 2018, 06:26:49 AM
This question is very embarrassing to me, since I do not really want to give someone their personal information, but I entered some very good projects and asked to send documents there, but with that you need to be very attentive
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 06:26:01 AM
Depends how far the KYC goes.

If they require a scanned ID and all that, I'll pass.
Activity: 57
February 26, 2018, 06:17:21 AM
A better question might be whether you join ICOs that that do NOT require KYC.  If they don't, in many cases that could be an indication that they're relying on decentralization to offer a product or service in areas where it is illegal.  While governments can't completely shut down a decentralized offering, if they're operating illegally, it's going to make things very tough for success.
Activity: 27
February 26, 2018, 06:11:01 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

kyc is a way for ICO's projects to monitor the crowd sale in terms of who is buying their tokens. that there is no money laundering or any other criminal activity.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
February 26, 2018, 05:36:10 AM
The last time I joined ICO requires KYC, not only for investors but also for bounty participants, for me it's okay as a bounty hunter, the purposed of KYC that some ICO requires is to remove multi account bounty hunters just to get big rewards at the end of the campaign & spammers.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
ONe Social Network.
February 26, 2018, 03:23:55 AM

KYC  gives one an opportunity to know the people they are dealing with better, its actually a trust creation move that encourages transparency among the ICO participants, if the ICO is worth it then i wouldn't mind giving the information
Activity: 294
Merit: 3
February 26, 2018, 03:22:53 AM
I only look for good project and idea behind the ICO and i guess its more important to look at its potential rather than seeing if it requires KYC or not
Activity: 578
Merit: 250
February 26, 2018, 03:18:47 AM
I prefer ICOs that use KYC to make it better limit who is participating in their ICO, especially those from regions that should not be participating.  I am concerned though about scam ICOs that collect KYC to get personal information.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop
February 26, 2018, 02:49:42 AM
I think it's pretty standard for any ICO to ask for KYC especially to those investing large amount of money. For airdrop, it's a case to case basis. If you believe that the ICO is not a scam, then pass KYC to get your airdrops.
Activity: 700
Merit: 300
February 26, 2018, 02:48:58 AM
I join ICO's that require KYC because now a days that is the only thing which is keeping the ICO under tighter regulations. Why this one is important anyway? Well, this ensures that they are legit and if they someday run away with your money then you can actually legally take them down as they will also have registered themselves with regulatory bodies with their own KYS forms. Thus making you and the company completely open to trade and publicly available all the time. The previous ICO had chance to get away leaving behind just the company name and nothing else. So I believe I like the concept of sending my KYC to the KYS verified ICO.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
February 26, 2018, 02:45:09 AM
Yes, but beforehand I always see what kind of ICO is, how much you can trust your data to him, suspicious projects always exclude.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 108
February 26, 2018, 02:32:30 AM
yes I just know what it is KYC and one of the projects that I follow there is asking for such an explanation if it does not provide the data token will be canceled but the project was not finished so liyat later what it is useful as described.
Activity: 147
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 02:28:15 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I do not join ICO with KYC in genral becuase of i think this is a bad action: "people help you and you do not regard them". people help ICOs when their regards be protected
Activity: 350
February 26, 2018, 02:27:46 AM
Now more and more projects require the passage of KYC. If I like the project and the team is strong, then I participate in such ICO. But I consider the airdrops that require the passage of KYC to be a waste of time.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1002
February 26, 2018, 02:27:36 AM
Companies need KYC to cash out the amount collected during ICO. This is needed to justify from where the funds come from. Without that, they cannot legaly pay their employees and taxes. Requiring KYC in an ICO is justified.

This is not because i'm against that, but I don't want to share my personal information with a new company, so I decided to avoid ICO that require KYC. If I really want to buy some coins, I just have to wait later, when it reaches exchanges. Of course, there is a risk to miss the train, but my personal informations worth more than that in my opinion.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
February 26, 2018, 02:26:12 AM

not like what you think.
usually the KYC verification is done after the ico project is successful or ends. it aims to meet the rule of law. so I do not mind to do the verification as long as I'm sure ico project is really safe.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
February 26, 2018, 02:21:34 AM
I do not like the idea of KYC because it violates anonymity.  But to those projects that warn in advance that it is necessary to pass KYC, I keep calm.  But there are projects that say about KYC later.  These are the projects that disappoint me.  And of course, I do not trust the airdrops that require the passage of KYC.
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
February 26, 2018, 02:19:53 AM
I join ICO that requires KYC if I find that it has a promising project that could give me a big return on my investment in the future.  We always do research before making an investment in ICO and KYC is always a pre-requisite whenever we join ICO's crowdsale.  ICO investment is always a risk and KYC goes with it.  However, I am hesitant in joining free airdrops that requires KYC.
Pages:
Jump to: