Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 70. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2
dApps Development Automation Platform
February 26, 2018, 02:09:40 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

There is one airdrop that I joined in that requires KYC. I did not completed the process because I don't want to give my full private information. Cryptocurrency is to keep your privacy as investor and customer, and ye they are getting your info. This may lead to identity theft or further damage if the ICO doesn't take good care and confidentiality on your information . Just be cautious on those ICOs that are not legit.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 02:00:43 AM
I do not like kyc in ico, because i've been disappointed with some ic that require kyc. The data I have given is never accepted by the organizers, even though the data is genuine have my own.
Sometimes they also ask for copies of utility bills or water on our behalf, but what if we rent a house or apartment and certainly his bill is not our name.
They also sometimes do not accept the id cards of some countries and only accept passports. This is a problem for me and maybe for other investors.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 02:00:03 AM
As long as I  think the ICO project would it be possible for me to have a profit, then I will choose to participate in the ICO project investment, even if it requires KYC information, though I know most of the KYC information may be liable to leak, but for ICO still have a lot of profit.
Activity: 209
Merit: 3
February 26, 2018, 01:54:07 AM
I'm don't mind at all to do KYC, because I am located in non restricted country. As long as they don't want us to input our private key I think its not a problem at all sharing our identification. Its only an identity card, what would they do with that.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
February 26, 2018, 01:50:32 AM
Yes actually most of the ICO i've joined requires KYC as long as the project is legit for the airdrop a big NO i don't particapte especially if they require KYC it's just a waste of time.
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 01:48:37 AM
Yes, I have done so but very carefully.

To merely be considered for a token sale, it is now commonplace for an individual to have to submit a passport scan, bank statement, and various other documents and to answer a string of questions about their background and the origin of their cryptocurrency.

With ICOs now holding such identification documents of thousands of crypto investors together with their emails and wallet addresses, hackers have an added incentive to target crowd sales.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 01:18:36 AM
I have, but I tend to choose the ICOs I invest in very carefully, so I have a certain level of trust at least in those running the show. If I was throwing money into more ICOs looking for quick flips, even if I don't believe in the team/product/etc, then I might be a lot more wary of doing KYC.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
February 26, 2018, 01:11:42 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
KYC in ico is fine as long as that was a promising ico. I just participated in the zilliqa and many other icos. And I told you about from zilliqa i got almost 25x return from my initial investment.
It's really worth if you are choosing best ico. Never try to invest in those icos that was running by unknown person. This time Helbiz looks good ico to participate too.
Activity: 48
Merit: 2
February 26, 2018, 01:05:38 AM

Pages:
Jump to: