Pages:
Author

Topic: Facebook is launching '' FaceCoin ''' - page 12. (Read 1513 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
June 04, 2018, 05:40:25 AM
Wow really? That sounds cool, I will keep an eye on it, for long term buy, its really cool to see coins or tokens developed by such huge corps like FB
Activity: 385
June 04, 2018, 05:37:47 AM
If Facebook really launches its coin, I will buy it for the first time, I am very optimistic about its user volume, if Facebook has its tokens, then Twitter will also launch their own tokens?
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
June 03, 2018, 10:09:08 AM
I wonder if Bounty will be a company. I want to earn these coins, because these coins will be promising.
Activity: 233
June 03, 2018, 06:17:50 AM
I heard for a long time that they are developing their own cryptocurrency. It is interesting that on what platform. Buy it immediately when it appears on the exchanges.
Activity: 615
Merit: 250
June 03, 2018, 06:11:45 AM
The "FaceCoin " will someday be a reality. According to many repoprts Mark Zuckerberg's social network would consider creating his own virtual tokens to facilitate paid transactions on his platform that now has some 2 billion user . For this matter Facebook has assembled a team dedicated to the technology of the blockchain. It is directed by David Marcus, former Messenger boss and former president of Paypal.

https://cheddar.com/videos/facebook-plans-to-create-its-own-cryptocurrency

Sounds very interesting, it could be very promising project. And after joining Facebook to the crypto world it will create a good reputation about crypto in general. And FB is already known all over the world, so they don’t even need promotion, because it will be a huge event.
Activity: 420
Merit: 252
June 02, 2018, 10:34:17 PM
if those big whales enter the crypto market it obviously would reach the all time highs and maybe the 20k btc price which is like a far price right now would be just a joke compared to the new high.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
June 02, 2018, 10:28:41 PM
The "FaceCoin " will someday be a reality. According to many repoprts Mark Zuckerberg's social network would consider creating his own virtual tokens to facilitate paid transactions on his platform that now has some 2 billion user . For this matter Facebook has assembled a team dedicated to the technology of the blockchain. It is directed by David Marcus, former Messenger boss and former president of Paypal.

Seems to be very sketchy. I don't know if Facebook will really get benefits of having their own coin because they are not a retail sites like Amazon, they are social media, and they should put huge amount of their budget on privacy and not on project like having their own coins which will not be beneficial for any of their 2 billion user.
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
June 02, 2018, 10:22:15 PM
wow, facebook will launch its own coins, so great news, how can we join the coins ico?
I believe if it launch, the price will pump !

If this is true, I don't think facebook need to launch an ICO for their coins. They don't need any fund raising, their project is a finished product. Facebook would probably sell their tokens as a virtual chips, eventhough I think it would be nice if Facebook learn from Steemit.
Activity: 39
Merit: 11
June 02, 2018, 10:04:53 PM
when will the project be implemented? I am very interested to join at least following the bounty campaign. Cheesy Kiss
Activity: 63
Merit: 4
June 02, 2018, 08:37:45 PM
Easy to imagine, what with their billion plus userbase, and the amount of activity going on at their platform. But, it's difficult in practice. Also, they tried something similar way back in time, and it was a dud.

Just as Google spectacularly flopped at social media with Google+, I think Facebook will face a similar problem if and when it decides to dabble in cryptocurrency.

Perhaps, they can compete with Coinbase et al, since they have a ready template on their platform fo Crypto transactions and identity matters. But, that's about all they will be able to manage.
Activity: 238
Merit: 15
June 02, 2018, 08:22:03 PM
I have been hearing of that though but it has not been in reality. Cant wait to witness that.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
June 02, 2018, 08:14:03 PM
I don't see the point in Facebook creating a cryptocurrency, given that we already have over 1,600 of them. This to me is a sign of excess. I really hope people don't throw their money into this.
Activity: 378
Merit: 278
Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair
June 02, 2018, 08:04:18 PM
Hahaha LOL

Too bad all altcoins are relatively worthless!

Bitcoin's blockchain is the only unique one to provide the most security in a decentralized, global, incentivized fashion.

Popularity of Bitcoin will begin to explode with lightning in the next year.
Bitcoin's lightning network is emerging where fees will be tiny and cross-chain atomic swaps for decentralized exchange.

All other "blockchains" are more private worthless databases, my old nokia phone can do worthless databases. Other blockchains are simply scams.

Bitcoin's price will be at the very least more than 4 times (400%) of todays price in 5 years.

Those trying to undermine and manipulate bitcoin stem from the central bank system around the world;
-the central banks dictate policy to all the operating big banks around the world and have essentially tried their best to ban bitcoin related transactions for more than four years straight, ever since 2013, and have failed at stopping bitcoin's growth, adoption, and popularity
-the central banks fund efforts to undermine bitcoin, providing plenty of capital and liquidity to private companies and venture backed groups such as Digital Currency Group (they own Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, Bitpay, and media outlet Coindesk) and also Roger Ver/Bitmain to undermine and break the bitcoin protocol and/or manipulate trade

Above are just small examples.

First, educate yourself and then others. Please checkout the link to the bitcointalk post in my signature titled: How to teach Bitcoin to a 7 year old.

Bitcoin is a secure, decentralized, trustless and open system which cannot be banned nor controlled.

Bitcoin is ultimate store of value and its popularity has strengthened over time and maximizes value compared to any other altcoin...
Why are altcoins relatively worthless compared to bitcoin?:
If it can be shutdown, and have assets frozen by a bank or government, there would be no value
If it wasn't secure, there would be no value.
If it wasn't immutable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't globally distributed, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so strong, open-source decentralized and unstoppable, there would be no value.
If it wasn't so scarce, there would be no value.
If it was easy to spam transactions, there would be no value
If it required a central 3rd party to function, there would be no value
If it was stopped after all major banks on Earth banned in 2013 to today, there would be no value. (say "bitcoin" when transacting and watch the block of the transaction. simple fix=never mention "bitcoin").
If it didn't have the history of 8+ years (and still no hacker can exploit bitcoin blockchain), there would be no value
Bitcoin is on the verge of lightning network release rendering altcoins as only backup plan options if not dead.
If it was exactly like fiat and only did transactions, there would be no value.

Bitcoin's value is worth hundreds of billions USD today. Altcoins however are scams, weak, pyramid schemes not offering these values.

Bitcoin has all the characteristics needed combined to hold the most value and increasing more than any other financial-asset option coming from the manipulated fiat central-banking debt-system. (more than stocks, more than houses, more than gold).

If fiat/credit supply stopped growing, then house prices, stock prices, financial assets would crash significantly in value.

Governments and laws are controlled by the central banks. Bitcoin is an anti-establishment revolution that has already solidified itself worldwide.

Bitcoin cannot be controlled. It cannot be banned. It cannot be made illegal. And conversely it cannot be legalized. It just simply is. And people can always use it.

For global fiat (US Dollars, Indian Rupees, Chinese Yuan, etc), the fiat bubble system broke a couple of decades ago.

Fiat around the world is forced to inflate issuance as its heavily infested, burdened and broken with (the following whether good or bad):
-regulatory burden on fiat banks & system (incredibly costly)
-inflating fiat to keep house-prices from collapsing
-inflating fiat to keep stock market rising
-financing conflicts, bombs, and "aid"
-backstopping insurance frauds
-costs of auditors and budgetors and accountants checking the same thing in governments and businesses
-big insurance loss-events
-unemployment & other welfare costs
-stabilize regions after natural disasters
-keeping monopolies with internet access and information centralized and search engine crawlers centralized
-officially sponsored "money laundering"
-backstopping credit chargebacks
-frivolous legal costs (lawsuits bogging the system down)
-state-sponsored corruption and unofficial corruption (governments and gangs, banks and conartists)
-retirement obligations (debasement in value to keep up with payments from government or other retirement-obligations)
-fake credit (goods being transacted with credit-loss, replaced by inflation of monetary base rather than bringing perpetrators & source to justice)
-using enforcement labor to freeze accounts and assets and take away your money

Bitcoin, systemically, is free from these limitations and burdens.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 02, 2018, 08:00:56 PM

This is good news for the crypto currency lovers community, if this is true. In facebook involvement in the crypto world it will raise more awareness in the use of crypto currency so that many investors are interested. Cool
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
June 02, 2018, 07:44:29 PM
It seems that the social platform facebook is joining the fun in the cryptocurrency world and i think that it will be a good idea for them to launch their own coin since they banned the advertisement of the other cryptocurrency so the advertisement for cryptocurrency will be their own and it will attract a lot of investors for sure because of the reputation of facebook and the good returns of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 236
Merit: 0
June 02, 2018, 06:57:15 PM
This is good news, as more and more big companies that create Cryptocurrency will make Crypto even stronger, and I'm sure if later this coin from facebook has been released, it will be very crowded, because we know now very many Facebook users in the world this.
Activity: 154
June 02, 2018, 06:56:38 PM
If facebook is going to launch Facecoin it's very good, it means cryptocurency is growing and growing, but until now there has been no notice or official statement from the facebook that they will issue new coins, we can only hope whether this will come true.
Activity: 257
June 02, 2018, 06:52:14 PM
I can't wait for this to actually be announce and launched. It's long coming. No doubt the coin will do well in the market as Facebook got the community to back it up already.

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
June 02, 2018, 06:05:07 PM
They should call it a deface coin, or spy coin. Facebook had so many issues with leaks and hacks that it's not a safe currency issuer. I wouldn't trust them with my money. They would probably sell my data to the highest bidder, like they're doing to all their clients. CIA coin  Angry
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
June 02, 2018, 05:44:26 PM
if this is true, then am super excited as it will surely be a huge success. facebook is the worlds leading social media platform and having its own cryptocurrency goes to show the world is coming together to adopt the use of cryptocurrency. i strongly support this and i hope it comes up soon
Pages:
Jump to: