Pages:
Author

Topic: Facebook is launching '' FaceCoin ''' - page 16. (Read 1513 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
June 02, 2018, 10:10:49 AM
haha, true.
but i say there is a very good chance that all of this is just a rumor created by these click-bait news sites. they are well known for doing things like this. they make up stories and then it goes viral when every other smaller news sties copies their news.
they said they are looking in the technology they  didn't say they are creating a new coin.

Them moving into moving money is an obvious step if Apple and Google are already at it. There's no more compelling way of keeping people locked to your platform. I don't see how or why they'd step beyond at most a token of some sort in partnership with the usual banks or card processors.

If they started to look into banking the unbanked that would be a vast deal. I've no idea how they'd achieve that though.

that may be. but i can't help but feel like creating a new coin by any of these big companies is not going to end well. i mean who is going to use "FaceCoin" "GoogleCoin", etc when there is fiat and bitcoin for centralized and decentralized option.
my guess is that if they did really create these coins they will make a lot of noise and get a lot of traction (obviously big companies with a lot of money and a lot of advertising) but that won't last long for them. there is just no point in converting your money to FaceCoin and then making payments with that!
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
June 02, 2018, 10:08:40 AM
finally, we hear a news from Facebook that want to launch their crypto coins and it seems, they want to control the crypto in their homepage with their coins. and if we see what they did in a few weeks or months ago that they banning the cryptocurrency ads or the ICO ads in their homepage, it's clear that they don't want to compete with the other ICO or coins. facebook will take the opportunity in the cryptocurrency and they prepare to set things up so their coins can survive in the cryptocurrency list.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 02, 2018, 09:53:59 AM
The "FaceCoin " will someday be a reality. According to many repoprts Mark Zuckerberg's social network would consider creating his own virtual tokens to facilitate paid transactions on his platform that now has some 2 billion user . For this matter Facebook has assembled a team dedicated to the technology of the blockchain. It is directed by David Marcus, former Messenger boss and former president of Paypal.

https://cheddar.com/videos/facebook-plans-to-create-its-own-cryptocurrency

Yes, it is true. Because if facebook really launches the coin would be a lot of investors who want to invest in it.
It will be a lot of devotees and the price will rise high. I will be the first investor if facebook publishes a coin.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 02, 2018, 09:38:52 AM
haha, true.
but i say there is a very good chance that all of this is just a rumor created by these click-bait news sites. they are well known for doing things like this. they make up stories and then it goes viral when every other smaller news sties copies their news.
they said they are looking in the technology they  didn't say they are creating a new coin.

Them moving into moving money is an obvious step if Apple and Google are already at it. There's no more compelling way of keeping people locked to your platform. I don't see how or why they'd step beyond at most a token of some sort in partnership with the usual banks or card processors.

If they started to look into banking the unbanked that would be a vast deal. I've no idea how they'd achieve that though.
Activity: 101
June 02, 2018, 09:38:43 AM
The "FaceCoin " will someday be a reality. According to many repoprts Mark Zuckerberg's social network would consider creating his own virtual tokens to facilitate paid transactions on his platform that now has some 2 billion user . For this matter Facebook has assembled a team dedicated to the technology of the blockchain. It is directed by David Marcus, former Messenger boss and former president of Paypal.

I think It is a good news. The big companies should accept or create crypto. Because It is the future technology. No one can refuse the technology.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
June 02, 2018, 09:34:23 AM
Jesus fucking Christ.

Let's think this through - Facebook creates a payment token. Do Facebook -

A - Not set a value and make it freely tradeable on Yobit so the money of two billion users is available to pump and dump at will at the hands of a small number of penises.

B - Reject conventional crypto 'economics' and peg it to USD or whatever and not expose the wealth of their users to total destruction.

Think carefully. It's a real bastard of conundrum, innit.

And ICO? Forget it.

haha, true.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
June 02, 2018, 09:31:54 AM
Why I take this with a pinch of salt is because Mark Zuckerberg is not favourably disposed to cryptocurrency. However as many of these business men could be sly and slippery, anything could actually be going on behind the screens quiely.
Activity: 43
June 02, 2018, 09:25:18 AM
Interesting news ...Another new coin in the world of crypto...good competition...let's see how the facecoin survived in the crypto world.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
June 02, 2018, 09:10:12 AM

It is futile to deploy a certain currency for a social platform. I doubt that the blockchain technology can give benefit to a social media and it just doesn't make any sense. Nonetheless, if this is for the transaction regarding with the advertisements, seems to me that it is very impractical to even use a certain type of crytocurrency.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 02, 2018, 09:05:40 AM
Jesus fucking Christ.

Let's think this through - Facebook creates a payment token. Do Facebook -

A - Not set a value and make it freely tradeable on Yobit so the money of two billion users is available to pump and dump at will at the hands of a small number of penises.

B - Reject conventional crypto 'economics' and peg it to USD or whatever and not expose the wealth of their users to total destruction.

Think carefully. It's a real bastard of conundrum, innit.

And ICO? Forget it.

Activity: 756
Merit: 112
June 02, 2018, 08:58:44 AM
wow, facebook will launch its own coins, so great news, how can we join the coins ico?
I believe if it launch, the price will pump !

Really Dude? Why would a huge multi Billion Dollar company like Facebook need to run a ICO? They have more than enough

money to dedicate a whole team of developers and marketers to work on such a project. They do not even have to advertise

the project, because they already have a huge target market and a platform to launch it on. If this is not FUD, then I can

understand why they banned all Crypto advertisement on their platform. {They just eliminated the competition}  Angry

I agree, they will not run a campaign or an ICO, its mostly for those startups and for funding. Facebook has many money for it surely.

For OP, i've not heard of Face Coin actually, and as checked the article I didn't even saw face coin.
Activity: 9
June 02, 2018, 08:56:41 AM
Thats great news It’s worth noting that blockchain, as a decentralized system, could turn out to be very useful for Facebook. It can help the company in areas like identity verification, fraud detection, and making the platform safer. Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
June 02, 2018, 08:56:21 AM
Wow this is Grete News for I will invest my money In that token when Facebook launch the cryptocurrency they announced it launching date?

I don't think there's much chance that Facebook is ever going to launch some sort of crypto investment instrument that accepts investments from people around the world. Closest you'd get is probably buying the stock.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
June 02, 2018, 08:54:31 AM
I heard about this news before and I am glad to hear that they will launch it now but let us see on how it will be supported by all bitcoin users.
Activity: 673
Merit: 10
June 02, 2018, 08:48:11 AM
I think this will be explosive and explosive because it's warm about bitcoin and virtual currency that's easy and fast to transact so bitcoin what else will be a movie production, this I think will give you a big fortune.
Activity: 174
June 02, 2018, 08:12:51 AM
Really? Mark has always criticize blockchain and bitcoin and i am really in doubt to hear that new. Many people have been banned or blocked for promoting cryptocurrency on facebook. So how is he gonna account for his initial criticisms?. Facecoin? Grin That will be great and interesting tho. I am calmly waiting to hear from Marks own arals
Activity: 299
Merit: 100
June 02, 2018, 08:11:47 AM
Will you please specify what facecoin are you referring to? There is a facecoin last year that becomes idle after the ICO, and they are not related to facebook just because there is a "face" on its name.
Activity: 98
June 02, 2018, 07:53:58 AM
wow, facebook will launch its own coins, so great news, how can we join the coins ico?
I believe if it launch, the price will pump !

Really Dude? Why would a huge multi Billion Dollar company like Facebook need to run a ICO? They have more than enough

money to dedicate a whole team of developers and marketers to work on such a project. They do not even have to advertise

the project, because they already have a huge target market and a platform to launch it on. If this is not FUD, then I can

understand why they banned all Crypto advertisement on their platform. {They just eliminated the competition}  Angry
Yeah , I agree with you. I see no point to launch ICO by such company.
Activity: 238
June 02, 2018, 07:39:44 AM
This news doesn't surprise me though, with the rate at which cryptocurrency is growing it is only a matter of time before different top players like google, facebook,
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
June 02, 2018, 07:19:13 AM
I know that facebook is studying about having their own cryptocurrency but there is no official announcement yet. If this is the facecoin,then its great. Everyone will welcome it.
Pages:
Jump to: