Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 3. (Read 905415 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 503
January 16, 2019, 07:36:37 AM
Is asking airdrop participants for a #proof of authentication post also not allowed?
I think it should be allow. There is nothing bad if you will ask feedback about airdrop and people will share the experience and is ordinary case
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1643
Verified Bitcoin Hodler
January 11, 2019, 09:50:03 AM
Is asking airdrop participants for a #proof of authentication post also not allowed?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
January 11, 2019, 05:36:01 AM
If giveaway threads are allowed in a sub-forum where the posts do not show up in "recent topics" or "new replies", then what harm would it possibly do?
Activity: 14
December 02, 2018, 01:35:14 AM
in the event that individuals need to publicize their most recent altcoins, at any rate pay for a standard and bolster the site.

lets not overlook the primary motivation behind why giveaway strings are done: in the end make cash off the coin they're giving ceaselessly (i.e. initialmined a shitton and trusting it gets siphoned)
Activity: 159
Merit: 1
November 25, 2018, 08:56:07 PM
This is very petrifying for beginners, so as not to deviate without following the rules and in the end only causes spam, sorry ...? and the seniors cannot ignite the newbie because to be big must start small, to know also starts from our ignorance. I feel this is the best choice for learning.
Activity: 153
Merit: 10
November 19, 2018, 12:53:35 PM

In these days most give aways are scam. So I think this was a good decision.

Most of the topic's first replied persons are in a high rank of bitcointalk. also this post was made in 2014. I think they are got that ranks because of their experiences, talents and be active on bitcointalk to develop this place. Very happy to see this thread. 
Activity: 61
November 05, 2018, 08:12:36 AM
This is a nice move to clean out the forum. Its so easy to create and burn ERC20 tokens. Mafias can use the erc20 tokens to steal information in exchange of their dummy token.
Activity: 33
October 11, 2018, 04:01:24 PM
Does this principle signify we cannot compensation a person who add representing example equipment a stop adventurer or did relevant support in the local cord and so enjoin representing their purse destination and transmit them a generosity ?
Activity: 108
October 11, 2018, 07:34:43 AM
To my own observation giveaway goodies re OK, but when its come to disrupting the forum that's when it bad, like a suggestion if it can be off topic in the forum instead of not supporting it at all, thanks.
Activity: 23
October 01, 2018, 12:39:18 PM
It's o.k. to blacklist the broadcast , To study procure have process . Thither are a infrequent folders in bitcointalk that desire hearten you how to achievement . Just peruse the section ''how to achievement ''
Activity: 23
September 25, 2018, 09:48:50 AM
Broadcast fibres is role of this assembly on the other hand nearly procedure of premium operations are not acquiescing to publish this website , they wish to knowing of this as their are plenty of spammers who cover and many are not learned this website .
Activity: 70
September 20, 2018, 07:18:24 AM
Seems like a good idea. It was getting out of control and it's encouraging them even more to create and market 1000000 new cryptos that just saturate the market...
Activity: 189
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 01:57:56 AM
Nice step of action. The giveaway thread is getting out of hand this days. Restricting is the best idea

I agree with you,but it's a great idea,the limitations in the case of the best solution,I'm very happy about what is happening,it's a great idea, and the right decision.
Activity: 37
September 19, 2018, 06:11:23 PM
I have been banned twice because of this. But not until the second ban i never fully understood the reason for my ban. Fortunately for me, during the second ban i was PMed explaining the reason behind my ban, ever since then i have been very careful and if i ever see an airdrop that reward user for commenting, i just wait till the thread is removed before participating Wink
Activity: 78
September 15, 2018, 01:59:30 AM
Individuals don't appears to comprehend it. What we are saying is,we don't need your coin spam here once more. Take it to your own discussions, Bitcointalk doesn't cook a large number of strings about *insert coin*. We aren't roused to keep the discussion here once more, so a vote wont do anything, so take your discussions somewhere else.
copper member
Activity: 118
September 10, 2018, 09:32:36 AM
thanks.  

if people want to advertise their latest altcoins, at least pay for a banner and support the site.  

lets not forget the main reason why giveaway threads are done:  eventually make money off the coin they're giving away (i.e. initialmined a shitton and hoping it gets pumped)

Altcoins may not be shitcoins all the time. Everything depends on the intention of the project team, resources available and ingenuity to develop and improve the ecosystem. Every coin apart from bitcoin started as an altcoin. Quite unfortunate we have a lot of scammers running around to take advantage of the blockchain in a negative way.
Activity: 140
September 03, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
Thanks for the information.
If people want to advertise their latest altcoins, at least pay for a banner and website support.
Would not it be better to keep track of and lock what could be considered dead gifts, rather then just flat out banning them?
Activity: 77
September 03, 2018, 06:33:12 AM
Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.
Hmm, but what's the point of this post? I mean, why? What are the reasons for this?
Activity: 364
Merit: 2
September 01, 2018, 06:28:18 PM
It's alright to boycott the giveaway, To learn procure possess system. There are a few strings in bitcointalk that will encourage you how to win. Simply read the strings ''how to win''
Activity: 30
September 01, 2018, 07:50:26 AM
Does this rule mean we cannot reward a user who say for instance setup a block explorer or did substantial help in the community thread and then ask for their wallet address and send them a bounty?
Pages:
Jump to: