Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 5. (Read 905396 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
August 03, 2018, 08:21:40 PM
Eh, I for one could get my first piece coin parts by alt coin giveaways and exchanging, and getting satoshi dust from spigots. Having the capacity to get alt coins from giveaways here let me get more bitcoins and in this way explore and take in more as I amassed them. It seems kinda bizarre that a place that has recieved what appears to be well more than 2million dollars in gifts at current trade rates (I was just ready to look at the 50/10 btc donators) and whose's expressed theory is to some extent all benefit is reinvested into the discussion, can not stand to procure more arbitrators to deal with expanding stream of activity and strings. Simply my two contemplations.
Activity: 34
August 03, 2018, 07:23:25 AM
I surmise that is awful ide to move giveways or change anthing about giveways.Many destinations love to share reward since then advancement for that site is better andit serves to numerous bitcointalk discussion clients to win more cash.
Activity: 23
August 02, 2018, 11:04:13 AM

I follow you, but what people don't seem to understand, is that Bitcointalk encourages people to go to their own forums, we outright say that this is not the place for your to post every detail about your coin. In the most blunt possible way of saying it, is we want people to go away to their own forums.

This is primarily a Bitcoin forum, that much we are on agreement with. The Alt Currency section was made to be a place to isolate the maybe 100 alt currency threads that there were at the time of creation of the board. It was not designed to handle this much volume, nor did we plan for it, or want it to happen. Everytime someone posts, it adds that post about some Alt Coin that 99.5% of the forums aren't interested in to the recently posted lists etc, so people that are looking for new information about something Bitcoin related on that list are getting drowned out by *insert day old coin name*

Having a giveaway subforum does not help. We don't want to reorganize giveaway threads, we want them to be hosted on forums dedicated to other coins. Its not our job to handle masses and masses of Alt coin information, if someone wants to know more about their own coin, they should go to their own coin's forum. Theres nothing wrong with an announcement thread and a bit of discussion, however with the 600+ Alt coins (that I know of) there really isn't room here, and there is no desire to accomodate it.

If we want to keep the alt coin section at all, we have to make some changes, and we are hoping that removing the giveaway threads will help. We have measures in place to keep the amount of post spam to a minimum, but there are thousands of posts in Alt coin giveaway threads over very short periods of time. Alt Coin giveaway threads are actually the exception, because we wouldn't allow Bitcoin giveaway threads like these anywhere else on the forum. Even the ones in games and rounds pale in comparison.
Activity: 42
August 02, 2018, 10:39:53 AM
Well ,  it seems a good idea .. i liked it  Smiley
Activity: 3
August 01, 2018, 09:31:49 PM
I think another subforum should be created for them instead
Activity: 28
August 01, 2018, 08:32:18 AM
I need no one's advice on any coin. I want the free coins whenever possible. If I then choose to invest, I will. If there were a btc giveaway for following on twitter or whatever, this wouldn't even be an issue. This decision simply makes it harder for the little guy to market his coin, ideas, and business plans without needing tons of money. Now, this is just like the rest of the economy. 1.5% are again poised to make the rules. Pathetic.
Activity: 38
August 01, 2018, 04:12:08 AM
It also leaves a lot of room for opinion and bias. Someone of the mods could be affiliated with the user suspected of scamming and would ignore certain evidence. Aside form that, moderation of scams gives a false sense of security. Let's not forget that with so many scams, moderation of those would practically be the only thing we'd be able to do.
Activity: 44
July 31, 2018, 06:27:54 AM
Its great that giveaway strings are not permitted as it will give a straight way to everybody with respect to not to get occupied and dependably search for the free items.I would rather say that there ought to be some contract and employments segment where individuals can work and afterward win as opposed to getting something for free.Its a negative behavior pattern without a doubt.
Activity: 39
July 31, 2018, 04:19:39 AM
I need no one's advice on any coin. I want the free coins whenever possible. If I then choose to invest, I will. If there were a btc giveaway for following on twitter or whatever, this wouldn't even be an issue. This decision simply makes it harder for the little guy to market his coin, ideas, and business plans without needing tons of money.
Activity: 21
July 31, 2018, 02:23:44 AM
Am glad that something has been done to keep this from happening. An excessive number of themes where been made just to advance and give coins out for individuals to utilize and take a stab at making part of introduction and great vibes about coins when most where simply useless. On the off chance that individuals need to complete a give away at that point in any event do that give-away without anyone else site or a place where it should be possible. Perhaps make an area up only for coin giveaway to keep stuff in one segment and no all around.
Activity: 113
July 31, 2018, 01:25:33 AM
If giveaway threads are allowed in a sub-forum where the posts do not show up in "recent topics" or "new replies", then what harm would it possibly do?
Activity: 9
July 30, 2018, 12:32:05 PM
What do you guys look for in a coin before investing and what are the main factors that gravitate you to certain coins?
Activity: 9
July 30, 2018, 11:47:42 AM
How frequent would so you say giveaway scams and spam posts are on BCT threads on a scale from 1 to 10?
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
July 28, 2018, 04:58:05 AM
I do think some of the newer "airdrops" fall very close to being giveaways and I'm a little perplexed at how some recent sig/bounty campaigns have been clamped down on whilst some VERY sketchy airdrop threads are able to run unchecked.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
July 28, 2018, 04:41:20 AM
Following some threads here and you get invited to post in this forum in exchange for some new coins. That sounds appealing, right?  But it paid posts makes a forum weak, because it encourage spamming. I still like to make some new coins, but I hate spamming, so it is a good initiative!
Activity: 350
Merit: 125
July 23, 2018, 09:38:57 PM
Would like some clarity on this, I am running a giveaway for a campaign but the prize is in ETH.. the OP says most giveaways are not allowed, our giveaway the requirment is to fill in a google form, then receive payment based on provably fair system, not promoting posting any more than another bounty thread. The bounty is to post on twitter, and once done link in the thread.. so is this allowed or not?
Activity: 45
July 23, 2018, 05:02:51 PM
In the event that alt coin giveaways are forbiden, I am more than willing to acknowledge any measure of BTCs (pls ceil your numbers) :p
Activity: 50
July 23, 2018, 09:16:57 AM
Good advice.

Using an alternate cryptocurrency client would be a great way to get many people to install a hidden virus that targets Bitcoin users.

If you have a significant amount of Bitcoins, I wouldn't run other clients on the same computer until the alternates have developed trust over a longer period of time... I'm probably on the paranoid side of things though.

These new cryptocurrencies are interesting, and it will be fascinating to see how it will all play out.
Activity: 77
July 23, 2018, 08:53:44 AM
This site still has the best source of information, i started out on this forum and giveaway's kept me returning to the forum when i was bored, while on the site i learned about PTS and took interest in mining it at its release, I then learned more returning to the site after having grown a deep interest in crypto currency, it all started through forum giveaway's.
Activity: 98
July 23, 2018, 01:08:20 AM
I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.
Pages:
Jump to: