Pages:
Author

Topic: Giveaway threads are not allowed - page 7. (Read 905783 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
July 12, 2018, 05:21:20 AM
The volume of Giveaway spam is truly a huge number of times more prominent than the Bitcoin giveaways in the amusements and rounds area. I don't know why individuals are battling me on this one, I've been the alt coin mod for over multi year, on the off chance that anybody has a weakness for alts its me, yet I'm simply getting madly disappointed that individuals will keep up this contention. As opposed to, alright on the off chance that we need to dispose of Giveaways to keep the Alt Coin segment okay. Individuals are battling me on it, saying, no I might want to keep giveaways, at the same time losing the whole Alt Coin segment, Giveaways included...

This is a Bitcoin discussion. The Alt Coin area is with the goal that you can post a couple of critical things for your coin, and afterward guide whatever is left of the movement to your own particular gathering. I don't see whats so abhorrent about not being glad about having alt coin discussion overpowering everything else. There is an answer, and its one that we have needed from the start. Assemble broad data about your coins, all alone discussions
Activity: 6
July 11, 2018, 10:30:35 PM
I believe there should be a separate section for all distribution threads, but should definitely be allowed.
I strongly believe that we should have rules for distribution threads that everyone has to conform
global moderator
Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
July 11, 2018, 09:42:21 AM
So some admins have their own laws when they have look on an airdrop. In our case users have NOT been incentivised to do so and we just asked them to visit our thread (like putting a normal link on a website) and they didn't get anything for visiting or posting. But our thread has been closed and the user who opened it has been locked for 30 days - 3 weeks before our ICO ends. This happend without any warning and nevertheless we respected all rules of the forum here. This methodes are not good and some admins should think about what they are doing to the cryptoworld when acting like governments nowadays (this is the evil of crypto in the sense of bitcoin "over regulation" and "rules" which can't be executed because they are not well formalized and everybody interprets it in a different way ...). But, the real enoying thing is, if you ask, if you write an admin (an especial one) he grants scam but doesn't reply to your messages. That is not ok, that is unproffessional, that is mafia-like - or what do you think?
Which thread are you referring to? If you were ambiguous in asking users "to visit our thread", many users could've misconstrued it as a a requirement to post on it. If a large number of users did so (usually signified by dozens to hundreds of pages of garbage quality posts), the moderator handling the case might interpret it the same way.

It has not been told them, not directly neither nor in a subtle form. It has been always told that they get nothing if they visit - also our telegram admins told them this when they asked. But misinterpreting leads to misunderstanding and this leads to stress and later then to hate. The misinterpreting guy will never draw back because he might lose his face, this is also the founding of (some) wars.
Which thread / user are you referring to? If they've definitely positively 100% did not incentivize (be it intentionally, accidentally or pretending to be accidentally) posting in one or several threads, I'll unban them.

If you're talking about Avinoc, they had a link to the thread among other airdrop tasks, formatted as an airdrop task and vaguely asking the users to visit and somehow participate in the thread. I don't care if it was "accidental", because over a 113 pages of garbage posts seem to indicate that quite a few users took it as an airdrop task.

So what people interprete and what has been told (maybe accidental, I don't know) are two different things. There was definitely no subtle advise in the task. To be awesome means, visit us and start talking, discuss there too - and it doesn't mean, spam the thread. But if someone starts with that, it might become an avalanche (as happened - so it could be seen accidental when people don't react in time) which makes no sense to the ICO too - because there is no serious discussion possible anymore. Just a counter of posts has no value - so you're right in that.
That's your opinion. I have mine. And my opinion is that this suggestion (formatted in the same way the actually paying airdrop tasks were) to visit the thread and be """awesome""" has been responsible for over a hundred pages of garbage quality content (even if it wasn't garbage quality, that'd still break the giveaway rule since incentivised posting is not allowed) and legitimate threads getting pushed down the board list.

If a user is aware of the forum's rules (which he should be) and understands the severe punishment for running an on-forum altcoin giveaway, he would make sure nobody would mistake his airdrop for an altcoin giveaway.
Activity: 34
July 11, 2018, 06:32:36 AM
Great to see the giveaways go. A large number of them were simply consideration grabber in any case, as opposed to really giving without end coins.

Simply take a gander at the DogeCoin giveaway string by FORKPOOL. It has 1228 posts and not by any means a couple of individuals have been paid
global moderator
July 10, 2018, 09:05:43 AM
So some admins have their own laws when they have look on an airdrop. In our case users have NOT been incentivised to do so and we just asked them to visit our thread (like putting a normal link on a website) and they didn't get anything for visiting or posting. But our thread has been closed and the user who opened it has been locked for 30 days - 3 weeks before our ICO ends. This happend without any warning and nevertheless we respected all rules of the forum here. This methodes are not good and some admins should think about what they are doing to the cryptoworld when acting like governments nowadays (this is the evil of crypto in the sense of bitcoin "over regulation" and "rules" which can't be executed because they are not well formalized and everybody interprets it in a different way ...). But, the real enoying thing is, if you ask, if you write an admin (an especial one) he grants scam but doesn't reply to your messages. That is not ok, that is unproffessional, that is mafia-like - or what do you think?
Which thread are you referring to? If you were ambiguous in asking users "to visit our thread", many users could've misconstrued it as a a requirement to post on it. If a large number of users did so (usually signified by dozens to hundreds of pages of garbage quality posts), the moderator handling the case might interpret it the same way.

It has not been told them, not directly neither nor in a subtle form. It has been always told that they get nothing if they visit - also our telegram admins told them this when they asked. But misinterpreting leads to misunderstanding and this leads to stress and later then to hate. The misinterpreting guy will never draw back because he might lose his face, this is also the founding of (some) wars.
Which thread / user are you referring to? If they've definitely positively 100% did not incentivize (be it intentionally, accidentally or pretending to be accidentally) posting in one or several threads, I'll unban them.

If you're talking about Avinoc, they had a link to the thread among other airdrop tasks, formatted as an airdrop task and vaguely asking the users to visit and somehow participate in the thread. I don't care if it was "accidental", because over a 113 pages of garbage posts seem to indicate that quite a few users took it as an airdrop task.
Activity: 126
July 10, 2018, 01:24:32 AM
I think it is a good idea. best is to do giveaways in coins threads ♥♥
global moderator
July 09, 2018, 07:20:21 PM
Activity: 42
Merit: 20
July 05, 2018, 04:57:50 AM
Has this rule been carried out now?

I still saw a lot of giveaways..  Cheesy
Activity: 159
Merit: 1
July 04, 2018, 08:42:45 AM
I think the moderators should have a thread for all giveaways related topics and possible. This way, we won't miss giveaways and also the forum will be well kept from spam posts.
Activity: 210
July 02, 2018, 03:34:29 PM
if people want to advertise their latest altcoins, at least pay for a banner and support the site.
lets not forget the main reason why giveaway threads are done: eventually make money off the coin they're giving away
Activity: 560
Merit: 1
July 02, 2018, 09:34:39 AM
 I don't understand, this topic meaning not bounty but giveaway threads or what?
Activity: 376
Merit: 251
July 01, 2018, 08:49:08 AM
I believe there should be a separate section for all distribution threads, but should definitely be allowed.
What distribution thread? giveaways? there's a section for it already.

Micro Earnings and Games and rounds.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
July 01, 2018, 02:39:28 AM
Activity: 113
June 30, 2018, 01:29:45 PM
Don't see why they want this... if peoples don't go out the alt section. I don't see where is the problem ?
Activity: 50
June 30, 2018, 02:52:36 AM
Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.

I kinda agree to that,only a major announcements to be made here,its my suggestion tho.
if i have make a new ann for  a new ,then which section do i choose,any idea?
Activity: 168
June 27, 2018, 08:11:36 AM
I agree with the decision, please, the point of the Alt Coin section of Bitcointalk was so that you could have basic conversation about whatever coins you wanted here. Things like in depth coin support and discussion, and giveaways are far better off on their own respective coin's forum. Its getting way out of control here, and we thought that just allowing for a little bit organization would help, but the effects of incentivized posting is spamming the forum, and its spilling over to the rest of the boards.
Activity: 11
June 22, 2018, 05:03:25 PM
I have question can i post a tread with working faucets that pays.

Will this tread be deleted or can i create one?
Activity: 147
June 18, 2018, 10:11:50 PM

The current giveaway has hacked into other telegrams like gmail, twitter ... and i do not like it. should be banned completely
Activity: 202
June 15, 2018, 12:58:23 PM
Why I am talking from far from reality? Because I just experienced yesterday in the Cloakcoin Talk a Guy who used words like "Nazis' who gets reported by me and I am sure from other members to the moderator and who was still able to write for the next 24-48 hours. This are guys who destroy the Community Life in Bitcointalk , not a guy who takes over a Coin for the community after the 10000x Scam doing a mistake and ges banned for 10 days.
Activity: 229
Merit: 10
June 15, 2018, 07:41:04 AM
Most giveaway threads are no longer allowed in the Alternate cryptocurrencies sections. From now on, posting or replying to such threads could result in being banned. Existing threads will be locked.

Specifically, you are not allowed to give people any incentive to post insubstantial posts in your threads. You can't offer to pay people who post their addresses, usernames, etc. You can do giveaways off-site and link to the giveaway page in a thread, but you can't give people any bonus for replying to your thread.

Similar threads are already restricted to Games and Rounds in the non-altcoin sections, but the giveaway-related post volume is so high in the altcoin sections that I've decided to just ban them entirely here.
Sorry if it will not hamper the development of crypto currency,
I think we only need to buy a restriction to give giveaway because if too much will harm many parties concerned.
Pages:
Jump to: