Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide - page 10. (Read 29127 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Absolutely excellent customer support. Compare this to other, well known hardware manufacturers "support" personnel who simply go about the forums neg-repping anyone who isn't happy or disagrees with them in some way - it's a no contest.

I've been reliably informed that the company I refer to will/should be rectifying this situation soon, but as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. As you rightly say, other manufacturers need to step up or get left behind.

I guess you are talking about Dogie. Seems like he has been using the moderator button to cull threads maybe the Mods would like to have a long look at thread bumping he is doing for all his clients. Before culling this thread for questionable content. Laughable. What is wrong Dogie don't like people commenting in my thread about your questionable behavior?

Oh man, I just read through some of dogies updated "trustworthiness" guide - it's hilarious.... Cheesy Cheesy

Seems pretty obvious what's going on there:

Dogie gets free mining gear from manufacturer - manufacturer gets a higher ranking.
Dogie gets paid/accepts bribe from manufacturer - manufacturer gets a higher ranking.

It ain't no guide, that's for sure, not by a long shot. Who ever pays the most gets a better advert. What ever credibility dogie had with his guides went down the drain the moment he started accepting "payments" & sucking up to manufacturers for freebies. It's a sickening sell out of a thread.

With regards to the Hashcoins fake stats & doctored screenshots (which they obviously are), they've publicly promised dogie some free hardware - so there's absolutely no way he's gonna risk losing that by telling the truth & down marking them accordingly, he'd rather try and argue with the likes of software devs, hardware devs, forum moderators & pretty much anyone else on the forum than do that - it's a joke.

Similar story goes for Bitmain. Bitmain sat back for over 3 weeks while their customers downloaded broken/untested S3 firmware (again) that either bricked or slowed down their miners by a massive amount. During that time they didn't respond to a single complaint, ignored requests to remove it from their site & still haven't released an apology to the 100's of customers who's miners they f*cked up - and it's still on their website for anyone to download! What does dogie do? He increases their ranking. Absolutely freaking hilarious  Cheesy Cheesy  

Is it an honest review? - is it f*ck..
Does Bitmain pay him? - of course they do. Again, he's not going to risk that nice little pay-check by telling the truth - no way.

This is the only truly unbiased & independent news/review thread on the whole forum. You sing for no company & no man - you tell it how it is with quotes & links from forum members - huge respect to you & keep up the excellent work here.

Thanks for commenting on my thread. If you have complaints about Dogie take them to his thread. That be best. That way he can click the moderator button and cull that thread instead of this one.

Your comments about Bitmain are relevant and I have seen a lot of issues but Bitmain has been working on the issues it hasn't been a 100% ignore like Technobit or BFL. My understanding is Dogie is supposed to help Bitmain in these forums not sure how much he has helped them given the huge backlash but that is something they might want to fix along with all the other CRM issues. My take when I met Bitmaintech in HK was that they are very much a company trying to get a handle on CRM and will do what they can to compete with Spondoolies. Let us hope things get better because we need more competition in the marketplace not less.

Here is an example just today of a win for the customer after Bitmain rectified it.

@shoemakerbruce,

Something must went really wrong here and apology...

Would you please check your PM.  Sent you a contact info.  Lets resolve this.

These peeps made good!  I am 100% happy, my issues rectified and I have been "made whole" in EVERY way.  SALUTE!   Cool

Although problems persist.

I do really like bitmain, they are one of the better asic manufacturers out there. That being said, their return/rma process and procedure is awful and it's nearly impossible to get support. I had a unit that showed up with a capacitor that was broken off, when I went back to them for a replacement, they told me to press hard on the chips. I even had pictures showing the damaged component on the board with big red arrows pointing at it.  I finally gave up after a month of emailing back and forth. So, I would forget about trying to get anything fixed or returned to them. Junk it and buy another and chalk it up to the cost of mining.
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Absolutely excellent customer support. Compare this to other, well known hardware manufacturers "support" personnel who simply go about the forums neg-repping anyone who isn't happy or disagrees with them in some way - it's a no contest.

I've been reliably informed that the company I refer to will/should be rectifying this situation soon, but as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. As you rightly say, other manufacturers need to step up or get left behind.
Why is Spondoolies Tech leading the ASIC arms race? Best equipment?

No.

Although they probably have the best units out there it is their customer service that kicks ass. Professionalism doesn't take much effort does it? Fixing a customers problem even when they (the customer voids the warranty) are at fault is exemplary for a company. Why are others not competing with SPTech on this level?

Big difference right now is SPtech employees / executives have a real hands on approach and depth of the knowledge about their products that is unmatched by their competitors who have inadequate or poor spokes people that are not even employees. Might be time for the competition to copy SPTech or be left behind.

[imghttps://i.imgur.com/3NeiVUI.jpg[/img]
modules and controller is fine, will it still cover in warranty if I replace the sockets my self?

How did that happen?
everything is just fine for a week, but this morning smells like shit!

I know that smell  Grin

PSUs ok? What cable gauge? What PSU model? Cables came with the PSU?
PSU is ok, because both PSU and cables is not mine so im not sure the cable gauge but im sure they is not came with PSU
PSU:Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1200W
Our connectors are subtitle for up to 24A each and were tested in such condition at ambient of 40C.
Issue might be caused due to:
1. loose connectivity between the wire and the pin.
2. dis-connectivity of some of the wires causing over current on the connected wires.
3. over powering the PSU causing heat on wires to melt the connectors - can be for example due to wrong AWG or connectors that are not suitable for high power.
4. home made cables with long wires and unsuitable connector/wires.

Can you reply the following:
1. what was the power limit per each of the 4 inputs? (this is defined at the GUI)
2. did you use the ATX original cables?
3. what is the cable AWG?
4. what was the ambient temperature?

We'll check the PSU model you were using.
Please contact support for RMA, don't attempt to fix yourself. We kindly ask that you'll the PSU and cables for us for further testing.

Guy
1.all 288w but only use 230~270w report from ASIC stats
2.no (but cable that of the picture is)
3.I cant tell, maybe 10AWG or 9AWG
4.32C report from another working SP20

i don't wanna go RMA because i think the problem is on my plugs, if you give me a new one that is really not fair to you, i just want to keep this miner cover in warranty after i replaced the socket myself.
Indeed, it's most probably a problem with your cables.
Use of improper cables voids the warranty of course.
However, we want to investigate to be 100% sure.
Out of 1,000s of SP20 we sold, this is the first reported instance.
I'm offering you free RMA nevertheless, all we want is the PSU and cables.

Guy
but the PSU is my friend's, could you send it back to me after the testing?

Sure.

Further evidence... when asked about CRM this is what Wh00per said:

Bicknellski,

What I'm looking at when dealing with a support team (be that from Dell, SP-tech, IBM, SAP, HP, BITMAIN) is for a generic procedure which can be recorded and it's results evaluated. The saying "we're learning from our mistakes" is more to the point than ever. Unfortunately you can't have production in numbers and no failures. Especially when the units you build rely on the performance of numerous vendors you can't actually control.

That being said, a good support team is respectful with the customer buying their products, follows rigid rules in solving issues (scripted questionnaires, recording results, opinions and product failures case by case, escalation when necessary) so that they improve their response time, do not argue and or embarrass the customer and builds a body of knowledge in the process to support their products. It might seem funny, but the rules are implemented mostly due to the fact that someone is interested to measure and improve their performance and professionalism as well as to cut the overall support costs, as much as possible.

I won't go through my history in dealing with the support teams from F500 companies, however recently, I finalized an RMA process with SP-Tech. Let me tell you that those people are really interested in learning what went wrong with the units they sold and why that happened, they try to establish failure patterns and everything gets recorded in their systems. They're courteous and serviceable even outside the business hours, even late at night (due to the time difference Israel / North America). If you have their support contacts (Mike & Sonya) in your skype client .. you can see they're taking turns and are available most of the day time. When you talk with them you can feel that they're proud of being there and their success is SPT's success.

Missing emails at support@ is not an big issue, mostly because of the sheer number of messages going in and out. Eventually you get your turn. No one said it's next day support. But they try. When I have something important to deal with, I learnt to be persistent and/or contact them through every public channel available (skype, email, forum, enlarged team). In the end, someone answers and puts me on the right track. Even then, they seem happy they could help and do not let me drop until I'm satisfied with their answers. There's no difference between their support quality and Dell support, provided by Unisys .. in either case, I'm not feeling sorry for myself when I try to speak with them because of a miner/server issue.
The gold rush days of bitcoin mining are over, and not because of the price

Why are you still playing in the mining game?

At this point it makes little or no sense to continue mining on the small inefficient scales of even anything less than a few petahash and that number continues to grow even as the hash rate levels out.
ASICMiner doing what it can to rectify issues with old Prisma. This is how good companies stay good companies.

There were a number of issues as we noted from consumers a few months back and it is nice to see that Asicminer is stepping up admitting problems and looking to compensate their customers.

Till now we received enough returned Prismas to get a statistical conclusion.
We decide that the old Prisma design has some flaws in both firmware and hardware.
Therefore manually fixing them and shipping them back take too long and are
not good for both our customers and us.

So the customers can choose one in the two offerings below:

1. We buy back the Prismas at the original price the customers pay.
The customers only need to ship the controller and the hashing boards back.
The fans and heatsinks are not needed. Customers who already shipped them back
can also switch to this option.

2. We use revised version of Prismas based on our new power management chips
to replace old ones, instead of returning old designs or replacing. This version is very
stable and has no problem of hashrate loss/overheat/can't identify boards/etc.
The compensation method for mining time loss is the same as before.

We cover shipping fee of both, if you can provide the shipping label.

We are very sorry for all the problems brought with the old version Prisma. The revised Prisma with our
own power management chips is much more stable. So if you are still able to put some trust on it and
accept the waiting of compensation (it accumulates with each delayed date anyway), you can choose
the second.

Please email us to [email protected] with the following information and format:

* Personal info,shipping address,tel number
* Date of buying our Prisma
* Your previous individual/exclusive btc payment address
* Number of broken Prsima boards (have to be fit well with the number you shipped back)
* Date you received your miners,date of shipping back
* The picture of the shipping label with the shipping price on it
* Your btc receivable address. it will be best to be the one you paid to us before. If the btc
receiving address is different, please sign the message with your address used for payment if you could.

For customers who already shipped back, please mail to us again ([email protected]) about the choice
you want to take.

Phasebird will reply afterwards with the new shipping address within US and EU. It
allows quicker turn-around time.

Skeptical customer warns community not to get too positive:

I just submitted my info for compensation to [email protected] again. I am still skeptical till I get a reply back or see something in my wallet.

Keep us informed about your status please.!

You can count on that!

Good customer service!

I really wish people would read what's going on before praising AM. Many people have had issues, then when we try to contact AM for a solution we get silence or a promise that isn't kept.

Recap on my situation. Prismas arrived Nov 6 and caught fire Nov 10th in 75f weather. I was instructed to return the damaged boards keeping the good ones and that a new prisma would be sent as compensation. The damaged board was sent back and cleared HK customs Nov 18th. Nov 24th I finally get a reply from AM regarding my inquiry to them receiving my defective unit, they asked for a tracking number then went silent. Several emails and PM's later and I get a reply on Nov 29th that replacement boards not a prisma were shipped to CrazyGuy. Replacement board arrives Dec 6th, many emails and PM's later and this thread is the first response I have seen regarding compensation.

Good customer service requires communication. I will work with people and understand when things need to change but it needs to be communicated. Promising one thing then going silent for days and weeks especially with time sensitive equipment like this is not good customer service.

Also noted that they are working on a new chip. BE300 check it out here. This might put SpondooliesTech on notice that Asicminer is not just a has been chip fabricator. Seems very interesting they are going to have something out before SPTech's newer chips.

We are glad to announce ASICMiner's 4th generation chip. From the physical testing data
of our verification sample, BE300S, the silicon results matches the simulation results faithfully,
and even outperforms our simulation in some cases. BE300S achieved the lowest energy
consumption per gigahash in existing market, getting the joule/gh ratio down below 0.2.

Furthermore, our string-based power solution eliminates almost all power losses and almost
all electric components on the board. Therefore on-wall power consumption would be very close
to (on-chip power/PSU efficiency), and the overall system cost is squeezed to its minimum.

Name: BE300S (Sample)

Technology: TSMC 28nm HPC

Package: FCLGA 5mm x 5mm

On chip efficiency (first board):
    3.0GH/s | 0.1872W/G
    4.8GH/s | 0.2275W/G
    5.2GH/s | 0.2469W/G

On board efficiency (average of 4 boards):
    2.8GH/s | 0.1961W/G
    3.2GH/s | 0.2026W/G
    3.6GH/s | 0.2095W/G
    4.0GH/s | 0.2145W/G
    4.8GH/s | 0.2204W/G
    5.2GH/s | 0.2257W/G
    5.6GH/s | 0.2314W/G
    6.4GH/s | 0.2363W/G
    6.8GH/s | 0.2439W/G
    7.2GH/s | 0.2495W/G

We are still testing more voltage-frequency combinations, as well as more chips.
But the test results are stable and solid so far.

After the thorough testing of single chip boards, we are going to test boards with chained chips.

Single chip board picture:

Testing going on:

More data and pictures are to be updated.
What other guides refuse to acknowledge or incorporate into their guides, the repeated and blatant Technobit fraud. It is shameful.

I'm still waiting for 51 boards from Technobit.  Anyone wanna buy them?  $100/ea. if you take the whole lot.  13.63 BTC  Please please please let me out of this bitcoin hell.

I'm still waiting for 51 boards from Technobit.  Anyone wanna buy them?  $100/ea. if you take the whole lot.  13.63 BTC  Please please please let me out of this bitcoin hell.

I stuck with Black Arrow and I can't get out either, still waiting...   Angry

Getting Minersource the first test boards they were supposed to have seen the last week of July would have been a great PR stunt as well, but I guess by then that group run was already bought and paid for?

Hey marto, we're still willing to help out with the US-bound workload. Maybe communicating with us or minersource would do some good? Nobody's heard from you about that in a month.
Technobit yet again disappoints.

My board broke and marto stopped replying Sad

How do people get in touch with Marto?  I've sent him two PMs in the past week and nothing.  Still waiting about half a year for a project that was supposed to take two weeks,  and can't get a status update from him.

As Technobit moves on to other products they keep forgetting their current customers.
Technobit has still not delivered a customer 51 boards.

Marto any news when my 25 boards are gonna be shipped

Waiting for 51 boards over here, any news?

Then claims of censorship... tsk tsk tsk.

Hi Marto

When i get my money back and you stop deleting my posts?

Claims are true. SNIP SNIP goes that post. What is Technobit hiding? Disgruntled customers yet again.
How the community works to protect consumers: Be careful if you buy miners. Be careful if you buy cloud hashing contracts.

You really need to be careful of reading threads that are intended on providing "consumer information" that are really bought and paid for by fabricators to hide the reality of that mining is really dead for the smaller home users and smaller farms. These posts should show consumers that not everyone here in Bitcointalk Hardware are about pushing more and more product. Some are seriously concerned with the consumer information and protection. Please take these posts seriously.

I am actually considering making a thread that is not BFL related to stuff all the reporting agencies available to help consumers who buy stuff, but don't get it, or don't get it on time.

Then I might ask the Mods to sticky it for future reference. (no discussion allowed)
That would be a great service to the bitcoin community.  I think there are two major dynamic shifts that happened this year, and many who are new to bitcoin may not understand them.

The first is that many (not all, I'm sure) of the hardware producers are in fact self-equipping mining operations.  Their interest in customers, if it ever existed in the first place, is probably viewed today as little more than a source of interest free, off-books, financing.  In the limit, the real too-clever-by-half guys probably even imagine that they can pay those loans back with obsolete equipment they have depreciated from using it in their own mining.

Differentiation of the hardware companies along those lines would be very beneficial, and a source of how those preyed upon can seek redress would be even more important.

The second major dynamic, of course, is that self-mining is rapidly dying in the exponential growth of the hash power / difficulty.  Anyone with a static endowment of hash power in their basement is facing a productive half life measured in months if not weeks.

That wouldn't likely be a theme of what you're talking about, but anyone who read such a thread would, probably, figure out the common denominator:  guys who had to wait for their hardware had no return at all.  Unless totally blinded by greed, the extrapolation to "guys who would have gotten it right away would still have little return" would follow (unless lied to by the vendors in forecasts).

"many (not all, I'm sure) of the hardware producers are in fact self-equipping mining operations"

I would say that all are except perhaps SpondooliesTech and there are many that still hide this fact from consumers all the while mining people's hardware. Especially any of the smaller outfits with high board turnover. Using a smaller customer base to feed off of them more aggressively all the while hiding their mining operations. Typically anyone with significant delays in shipping are obviously pulling a skim on those miners if delays exceed 6-10 weeks the honey pot range for any new board.

=====

Good Video Discussion on Mining and BFL Fraud.

The Bitcoin Group #49 -- BFL Shutdown

Code:
Streamed live on Sep 26, 2014
Donate: 18EQEiQBK1X2DyDL5Y18j78iw4NuNHoLej

Featuring… Kristov Atlas (http://anonymousbitcoinbook.com/),
Chris Ellis (http://chrisellis.me), Blake Anderson (https://www.facebook.com/GotBlake),
Will Pangman (http://tapeke.com/), Bryce Weiner (https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner)
and Thomas Hunt (http://madbitcoins.com).

Go to minute 13:17: Interesting review of the FTC action on BFL.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112594/butterfly-labs-finally-has-wings-clipped

Go to minute 22:47: Blake compares his ROI to his BFL investment vs. just buying BTC. It cost him $350,000 USD buying into BFL lies. The FTC needs to talk to Blake Anderson if they haven't already.

Go to minute 25:10: Will gives you the clear answer when it is ok to Pre-order mining gear. Keep that in mind when you read Technobit.eu threads and others with only a few positive customers commenting on how great they are. They are insiders.

Minute 30:00 end of BFL and pre-order mining gear talk.

#askftc
Technobit.eu not answering customers emails or posts.

The pain continues for some customers. Avoid Technobit.eu people. Too many have failed to heed the warnings.

BFL is certainly in good company being mentioned with Shavers who has already been ordered by a federal court in Texas to give up more than $40 million and pay a $150,000 penalty in a related civil case.

iAsicminer or Asicminer... where does the problem sit right now?

What are customers thinking about iAsicminer and Asicminer and the Block Erupter Prisma at this time?

Seems to be a lot of problems but should we change the rating to THUMBS down for iAsicminer and Asicminer based on these problems or are they working to resolve all these issues customers are having?

I am seeing a lot of mixed messages in the threads. Canary in the Mine group buy for the Block Erupter Prisma seems to working well and there are few issues. As always Canary is on top of his game and gets things out as soon as possible.

Hey Canary -

Thanks for the group buy!

Any thoughts on the current leadtime?  I mean if I were to order today will it be a week out or more still?

TIA!
That's a question for ASICMiner.  They have posted some info regarding shipping delays etc... on their threads. I can tell you that once inventory arrives it's shipped out in the order of payments.
thanks

However there is a lot of chatter and issues with iAsicminer and Phasebird as well as some criticism against Asicminer and FriedCat.

Has anyone heard from FC or Phasebird? I have 4 dead boards and getting NO response from AM, did they finally collapse under the weight of their GIANT heads? 30PH/a month my A$$, ton of garbage boards shipped.

Question is this a Phasebird issue or a direct Asicminer FriedCat issue?

Are they not a different company and Phasebird and iAsicminer are distributors of Asicminer products?

----

How deep does the problem go?

I see that Canary in the Mine has few issue shipping units or am I mistaken?

Is shipping 1 month late?
Are customers going to be compensated?
  Minersource highly questionable tactics.

There have been many complaints and they still continue to put out dogshit after steaming pile of dogshit excuses for failures.

Pieces of shit and utter liars...

How did your refusal of your miners go? Did it get a rise out of the dickheads at MS?

After refusing the package, which should never have been sent to me, and contacting them several times I received the following template mail. Notice how they didn't even bother to remove the first line and fill in the _<..>_ blanks..  Undecided :

We understand that you have refused delivery and instructed the shipping company to return the equipment to us. We are sorry that you are unhappy with your order, but we are not able to refund the value of your order if you cancel it. We did our best in a challenging situation to deliver your ___ as quickly as possible, and had even worked with our supplier to add an additional ____ units to your order, free of charge. These additional units were included in the shipment we sent to you. While we appreciate and acknowledge that the wait has been longer than you had hoped, this was a “pre-order” of mining equipment which, according to the terms of purchase posted on our site when you placed your order, is non-refundable if cancelled. Those terms (www.minersource.net/____) explicitly notified buyers that delivery dates were not guaranteed, and that buyers should not rely on them as a factor in making the decision to place an order with us. We will initiate delivery of the shipment to you again at no additional shipping charge within 5 days of the date of this communication unless you provide notice to us in writing that you are not interested in receiving the equipment, in which case we will provide you with in-store credit in the amount of your original purchase, less the shipping fees, instead. Again, we are sorry that this order took so long to fulfil, and encourage you to contact us with any additional questions.

Thomas Salvatore
Head of Logistics
[email protected]

I've been very patient the first 6 months after ordering but my patience has turned into anger. All they have to do is send me a refund and it's finished. In the meantime I contacted 3 different consumer organizations and will continue to do everything until I get my $ back.
Technobit.eu not answering customers emails or posts.

Seems to be an ongoing mess with the operation of many of the Technobit.eu products requiring a lot of hand holding and reworking as well as RMA's. Unlike other fabricators where it is simply plug and play.

I hooked up my 3e miner today and im having some issue's with it..

it can not run on the default clock and voltage settings. it preforming 20 to 50% less than my other 2 and it cant run on lower clock setting like my other 2 miners can.. ?

Technobit.

I still did not recieve an answer to my problem.
Send you an email a week ago, no reply.. !!

And finally a customer gives up trying to get their boards.

I still waiting for technobit to shipped 67 more boards to me.  I would really like to transfer ownership to someone else. I'm asking $12,000 for 67 HEX4M boards, that's 26,800GH. Or make an offer I can't refuse.  BTC preferred, your choice of escrow.  Thank you..

Another ordered in August promised September shipment now November.

Has my order WDCXLFPXA been shipped yet? I placed this order for a HEX16E on the 4th of August, was told about the problems with it and it should be shipped at the end of September. Since then, nothing, not even an reply to my emails. My previous orders arrived ok so why not this one? I want my miner.

Same question again and again and again.

Marto any news when my 25 boards are gonna be shipped
Customers for the Block Erupter Prisma distributed by Phasebird / iAsicminer concerned about late shipments and little communication.

We will need to monitor the situation and this is why I wanted to separate out ASICminer with any entity charged with distribution, which is iAsicminer, and not ASICMiner proper. It is unfortunate this is happening I would like to review more customers comments before changing this companies rating, iASICminer that is.

This is the email we sent Phasebird this morning. Including here to escalate greater transparency for all ASICMiner customers.

Good morning,
This is Ronald again, it has been nearly a month since our order was placed, and since that point we have not received any replies from you. Keeping tabs on your thread at Bitcointalk shows only one brief reply to the thread acknowledging the delay from Phasebird on October 25th. I had to go to ASICMiner's Facebook page to read friedcat's explanation of the issues with the BE200.

We are extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism ASICMiner has demonstrated with this product launch, and the lack of communication that typically follows scam pre-orders, not legitimate sales. At nearly 15 BTC per order, you are not dealing with small home miners who have limited funds at risk, or who are only interested in small batches of hardware.

We fully expect an update today via email, and an update to your customers who you owe a response to on your Bitcointalk thread. We likewise fully expect compensation in the form of a partial refund and coupons -if- we decide to do business with you again, although from the irresponsible manner this launch has been handled, that is unlikely.

With a MOQ of 10 miners, and a minimum purchase price of 14.9 BTC, this level of delay is entirely unacceptable. If you are unable to respond to your customers' inquiries today, we will bring the matter up directly with friedcat in an attempt to arbitrate a solution, preferably one which does not attach ASICMiner's name to a product that, at present, entirely lacks customer support or feedback.

This has been a very disappointing experience for us in relation to ASICMiner, and future purchases will likely require the use of an escrow service to keep you honest and communicative, since apparently your priorities lie elsewhere from your hardware sales customers, and if that is the case, then I have to wonder if this is how ASICMiner will treat their investors after the IPO investments are raised.

To help improve our transparency in this exchange, I am going to make this an open letter and include it on the Bitcointalk thread verbatim to this email, but I still expect a reply via email today with regard to our hardware order.

Sincerely,
Ronald (Praeluceo)

This is why you NEVER pre order mining gear... Not sure how many times it needs to be posted for people to let it sink in...

I totally agree Blazedout419, and I do not participate in pre-orders. I have had great success with ASICMiner and Bitmain hardware in the past, both companies have been very straight forward with issuing refunds on delayed hardware, and coupons for loyal customers. The Prisma was not represented to be a pre-order however. The posted shipping date was October 8th, which was right around when we placed our order. The expectation being that this would be like my other purchases from ASICMiner, where the order is placed, and then shipped within the next few days.

Brief
Round 1 Sales

Shipping date: 8th October, 2014 to 27th October, 2014
General Policy
1. Payment before shipping. The shipping order follows the payment order.

2. No refunds after the generation of tracking numbers.

3. If the corresponding tracking number has not been generated, we provide full refund starting from 27th October.
(The nominal refund amount follows the actual payment method, for example, 1 BTC refund for 1 BTC payment, 4k
USD refund for 4k USD payment)
Purchasing Procedure
1. Contact customer service via forum, email, IM or phone.
2. Fill the order details in the form provided by the customer service. (name/address/zip code/phone/email)
3. Pay according to the Bitcoin address given by the customer service.
4. Check for the tracking number when we start shipping.
5. Ask for refunds starting from 27th October if the tracking number has not been generated at that time.

However their ship date is now almost a month past, with only one official word from Phasebird, and it didn't articulate what sort of issue they had with the BE200s and their hashing board solution. We sent multiple e-mails to Phasebird when our order didn't ship, we got a re-negotiated ship date (the 15th) which slipped without response, and when the 27th came and went, we requested a status update again, and still no reply. So now I've made our latest inquiry to phasebird public, and subsequent correspondence will be handled directly with ASICMiner.

In the future, it seems that we will have to use escrow services even with previously reputable companies unless they actually have hardware that has already shipped. Batch #1 always gets burned, but for one of 2 ASIC manufacturers that I trust, this has been a terrible experience.

Edit to add this criminal investigation started against Black Arrow in the UK.

Got an update in regard to my fraud case i opened with the police, It's been passed now to thames valley police and things look like they are picking up.

04 November 2014

Dear Mr Kennerley

NFRC141000810656

I’m writing to inform you about the current position of your report.

Experts at the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) have reviewed the information and have found enough evidence for a possible police investigation. I am pleased to inform you your report has been sent to Thames Valley Police, who have recorded it under: • reference : awaiting local reference number allocation - in process

Thames Valley Police is responsible for any resulting investigation and for providing you with further updates to your report. Their contact details are details:

• Thames Valley Police by email at [email protected] or

• by phone 01865 841148

When you contact Thames Valley Police, please give them your reference number (above).

If you would like more information on how to protect yourself from fraud, there is information

on the Action Fraud website at or you can call them on 0300 123 2040.

Thank you again for taking the time to report and helping us to make the UK a safer place for you and others.
BFL is circling the drain.

FTC is seeking approval for the transfer of BFL assets so that they can finally start reimbursing all customers that were never compensated adequately by BFL.

BFL gave Lykle de Vries aka SLok bitcoins and miners in compensation for lying for the BFL in Bitcointalk and BFL forums for years. He is a thief and should comply with the FTC order to return assets so customers can be reimbursed what they are owed.

http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.123.0.pdf

ORDER GRANTING MOTION FOR APPROVAL OF TRANSFER PROTOCOL AND
METHODOLOGY FOR TRANSFER OF ASSETS TO COURT CONTROL

This matter is before the Court on the Motion for Approval of Transfer Protocol and
Methodology for Transfer of Assets to Court Control, filed by the Temporary Receiver Eric L.
Johnson (“Temporary Receiver”), on October 29, 2014. Doc. #122. The Court finds that the
Motion should be granted.

The Stipulated Interim Order empowered Temporary Receiver to manage all assets of
BFL and to manage and administer the business of BFL. Doc. #54 at §§ X(B), X(H). The order
also authorized the Temporary Receiver to “begin establishing an adequate cash reserve to cover
potential refund liability. In this respect and under the supervision of Temporary Receiver, the
following actions may occur immediately . . . Conversion of Receivership Defendant’s
substantial bitcoin holdings to cash on a systematic and reasoned basis.” Doc. #54 at § XI(E)(4)

The Stipulated Interim Order requires all parties to “cooperate in transferring
Receivership Defendant’s bitcoins to a Court-controlled bitcoin wallet, under the direction and
supervision of Temporary Receiver. Temporary Receiver may hire independent professionals
and/or contractors, as he deems necessary, to ensure safe and secure transfer of bitcoins.” Doc.
#54 at § XI(C)(5).

IT IS ORDERED that the Temporary Receiver’s proposed Transfer Protocol containing
the methodology for transferring bitcoins held in Receivership Defendant Butterfly Labs Inc.
(BFL)’s Storage Wallet to a Court-controlled bitcoin wallet, Doc. #122 and Ex. A thereto, is
approved.

Technobit.eu continues to ignore customers questions.

The group buy that minersource and technobit.eu continues to underwhelm customers and the community. Avoid these entities if at all possible.

I appreciate Marto's and technobit's intention to provide an open,  transparent process.  This question should be easy to answer.  Could you answer it please?

Hello? How far behind are you guys, exactly?  Is there any way to get specific information on our orders?

?
  Black Arrow Fire Sale.

Do not buy new or used. Fire hazard!!!

So this latest unit to burst into flames didn't have the large green electrolytic capacitors and it was "CE" certified with the new PSU?

It seems so.  the guy said he got it on October 31.  That picture looks very much like the pics the first guy posted also.

I fixed the image for you so that it'll load better.

http://ecointalk.net/topic/1739-my-prospero-x3-stop-working-have-image/?p=21070

Shitaki, on 03 Nov 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:
Are you saying that BOTH of your X-3 modules caught fire?
robotbtc said: Yes sir BOTH X-3 modules caught fire.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Well home mining is dead for sure...I have free power and can barely turn a profit with used gear. I just do not understand why people still buy retail with a 0 chance of positive ROI. Either way miners are still selling so guides like this are needed.
Keep up the nice work...this guide is pretty much spot on.

You should add more companies though...
Bit crane seems legit
Hashra does not seem legit

At this point adding lower volume companies that have little or no comments from paying customers is an issue trying to have more of a customer centered perspective versus the paid review type option here in the forum. I think it is more representative to have customers views obviously. Low volume sellers I don't think is a good option given the higher volume quality, price and support currently available. Suffice to say BitCrane is not very well talked about here in Bitcointalk from customers.

Can you find a lot of responses from customers? BitCrane can't find more than 1 person who purchased from them. Hashra is mess but I will review their thread and see what if anything should be added. Again home mining is not a good way to invest in Bitcoin at this time. So not sure how long this mining section will last anyhow given there is now no way to get a return on buying miners.

But again if you can point me to a large volume of customer reviews I will certainly add those and others.
Pages:
Jump to: