Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide - page 5. (Read 29127 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Spondoolies unparalleled customer service. It will be a sad day when they stop making home miners.

What does it take to be the preeminent supplier of miners to this community?

Hello all...

Just wanted to add a few thoughts.  

I'm a small time miner that is running 6 sp20e and 2 sp10's.  I got rid of all my antminers to stick with SP-Tech after the success and ease I experienced with my first SP10.  

Lately one of my SP20e's developed a problem that baffled support@SP-Tech enough that Zvi had to get involved.  He spent a good 40 minutes working with me to resolve the problem, with a great attitude and the patience to explain what he was doing at each stage and answering my questions.  I don't think there are too many other lead engineers that would spend that kind of time and effort on a small customer!

So, I'm even more impressed and extremely satisfied with Sp-Tech and just wanted to share my experience.  With support like this, I'm sure I'll find space for the "industrial" class miner out next.

Thanks Zvi and SP-Tech

If you are tackling sellers, not just manufacturers, how about CrazyGuy and ASICPuppy.net they seem pretty reputable reseller.

Are they still selling?

Look at the groupbuys subforum

Not the one making the suggestion. I know where to look but given that section is dead except for PCFLI and Canary hawking some non-miner wallet I am going to say no need to bother unless Biffa thinks there is a lot of volume lately not indicated in the group buy section but somewhere else. Looks like the market is drying up.

Activity: 427
Merit: 250
If you are tackling sellers, not just manufacturers, how about CrazyGuy and ASICPuppy.net they seem pretty reputable reseller.

Are they still selling?

Look at the groupbuys subforum

Are they still selling?

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
So Bitmain makes good on customer complaint.

I think personally this customer puts it in perspective. I am still recommending Bitmain not necessarily because they are best in customer service or because they deliver on time all the time but because they do listen. They do try and they will work things out with customers given you get the right line of communication going. That means what for consumers? If you ever have a problem go directly to the US support numbers and be persistent.

Of the t-shirt that is.

Wow after this story bitmain is a big NO NO to me. Where from did you gather enought nerves to wait that long time without compensation?
Mind tell us how mutch did you exactly lose in that time? I'd just gater it up, write up summs in excel and tell them to cover it.
It's their fault anyway.

I'm kind of like Batman. See OP for amount.

.                                                                                                                                                                                                                .

Update: I spoke with a representative from Bitmain on the phone. I have three articles to share.

1) Advice for anyone in a similar situation
A. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose.
Okay, now the real stuff.
B. Document everything as I did above, especially, the timeline.
This will make things significantly simpler for everybody. I will admit that I presented this documentation in this thread before I shared it with Bitmain. I did this because I assumed that because they were the second party involved in this series of events, they understood it in the same light I did. This is not true. A big reason, being, I'm sure, that I spoke with multiple representatives throughout the 2+ months.
C. Share the documentation with the manufacturer before you publish it.
As soon such information enters the public domain, both parties are encumbered by public opinion. In a court of law, this can be potentially construed as blackmail or extortion. The manufacturer, in this case, is then precluded from further cooperation. The purchaser, is then vulnerable to legal action. This is extremely sensitive. Note that it is okay to publish, but if you do, expect nothing. Consider yourself effectively forfeiting any opportunity.

2) My impression of the process
My impression is that Bitmain is busy. This is not unethical nor malicious. It is a lean model, which is due for an iteration. The best I can think to do as consumers is to encourage RMA Process Development through positive feedback.
In speaking with the Bitmain USA Rep, I got the impression that they do want to help. We are all in a maturing industry, which requires patients from both organizations and individuals. Self disclosure: I also work in an immature industry and completely understand the difficulty of doing business in a rough industrial environment - it's still the wild west, as they say.

3) My concerns are addressed
As mentioned, the publication of documentation, as I have done, assumes an encumbrance. Thus, regardless of Bitmain policy, compensation is not an appropriate option. I am inclined to avoid further encumbrance, so I will simply say that my concerns were addressed. Sorry for the lack of narrative; I promise nothing extraordinary happened, only some well had communication... Nah! Just kidding, I'l provide some closure: they offered a fair sliding scale refund based on down time. The refund has been declined, but I think it is appropriate and am a happy Bitmain customer in the end.

I am not above posting a tip jar if you found this information helpful: 1CaWCw2tj5zmRdDDSNiT5NP3HDdzshiXs5
Thanks for the info... I hope customers in future use this information to get better service. I guess issue can develop for people trying to get things resolved through the Chinese end of your operation when you have representation already in the USA.

For: None Main land China Customers:

For faster warranty/tech support, please contact

+1-844-248-6246 option 2 via telephone

Support Ticket: [email protected]

Live Chat
https://v2.zopim.com/widget/livechat.html?key=2ZaJsbRPVUUFCqOE8MmgXgbFFdNYxOBP

Simply Return the defective item to the following address with a Tracking Number.
*90-days from the purchase from the manufacture (not when you purchase it from someone who is reselling it)

Bitmain Warranty
3700 Quebec Street
Unit 100-239
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Please include the printed Bitmaintech.com Order Confirmation Page and Printed Return Address and a Brief Description of what is not working for you and a way to reach you

Expired Warranty Item can be serviced for fees. (Cost varies)

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
For: None Main land China Customers:

For faster warranty/tech support, please contact

+1-844-248-6246 option 2 via telephone

Support Ticket: [email protected]

Live Chat
https://v2.zopim.com/widget/livechat.html?key=2ZaJsbRPVUUFCqOE8MmgXgbFFdNYxOBP

Simply Return the defective item to the following address with a Tracking Number.
*90-days from the purchase from the manufacture (not when you purchase it from someone who is reselling it)

Bitmain Warranty
3700 Quebec Street
Unit 100-239
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Please include the printed Bitmaintech.com Order Confirmation Page and Printed Return Address and a Brief Description of what is not working for you and a way to reach you

Expired Warranty Item can be serviced for fees. (Cost varies)

Bitmain hit and miss at times with customer service.

It is not a good day when you see these sorts of posts especially when you have been trying hard to solve issues and help customers. Is Bitmain slipping?

This is just one in a handful of such complaints but is this a sign of Bitmain slipping to a state where people should not buy from them? Comments are welcome.

…just kidding, the t-shirt is actually nice.

TL;DR Bitmain mailed me two broken miners in January. I sent them in for repairs 3 times, which took over a month. I lost out on ROI, asked for compensation, was send 20 mBTC, some stickers and a t-shirt.

Basic Narrative:
I received the miners on schedule. One wouldn’t turn on at all. The other turned on, but I was having a hard time finding the IP address to be able to log in and change settings (which was just my lack of familiarity with Antminers). I emailed Bitmain informing them of both problems. I was in contact with a technician in China which was a slow process (about 1 email a day).

After a few days and getting put in touch with Yoshi (locally, in the States), I was directed to mail in the controller board of Unit #1. I sent it in. While Unit #1 was getting replaced, I noticed that Unit #2 had been hashing at about ½ speed, implying that one of the chips wasn’t working. I checked in with Yoshi, who assured me that nothing was wrong.  While we were still going back and forth as to whether Unit #2 was functioning properly, Unit #1’s control board arrived.

Unfortunately, Unit #1’s control board arrived still broken (not being able to turn on). I asked Yoshi if I could just send both miners in. He said yes, again assuring me that nothing was wrong with Unit #2. I respectfully disagreed and asked for compensation for all the downtime/lost ROI. He agreed that he would consider it. I sent both in. Just over a week later, both units arrived along with 2x 10 mBTC paper wallets and some stickers.

Unit #1 was working and the control board was replaced. Unit #2, however, was still hashing at ½ speed. I called in this time and spoke with Billy. I asked if he would cover shipping costs this time and he agreed (I had paid for shipping the previous two times). I asked Billy about “more” appropriate compensation for all the issues and he agreed to look into it.

About a week and a half later Unit #2 arrived in working condition, along with a couple more stickers and a Bitmain black t-shirt. I spoke with Billy and Yoshi multiple times since and I have been declined further compensation.

Timeline:
12.27.2014    Placed order for 2x Bitmain Antminer S5s; scheduled ship date for 01.04.2015
01.04.2015    Units arrived
01.09.2015   Emailed Bitmain in China asking how to change settings
01.10.2015   Informed Bitmain that one miner was DOA; broken controller board
01.14.2015   Transferred to Yoshi
01.15.2015   Unit #1 controller board shipped to Bitmain; ~$25 shipping cost
01.20.2015   Unit #1 arrived at Bitmain
01.21.2015   Recognized unit #2 was hashing at ~600 Gh/s; emailed Yoshi
01.22.2015   Unit #1 controller board shipped from Bitmain
01.23.2015   Unit #1 controller board arrived; it still does not work; email Yoshi
01.26.2015   Units #1 and #2 shipped to Bitmain (not just controller board); ~$25 shipping cost
01.30.2015   Unit #1 and #2 arrived at Bitmain
02.XX.2015   Units #1 and #2 shipped from Bitmain
02.04.2015   Units #1 and #2 arrive; Unit #1 is fixed; Unit #2 is still hashing at ~600 Gh/s; Bitmain included 2x 10 mBTC paper wallets and stickers;  emailed Yoshi
02.05.2015   Unit #2 shipped to Bitmain; $0 (shipping covered by Bitmain)
02.11.2015   Unit #2 arrives at Bitmain
02.12.2015   Unit #2 shipped from Bitmain
02.16.2015   Unit #2 arrives from Bitmain; Unit #2 is fixed; Bitmain included stickers and a Bitmain t-shirt

02.17.2015   Began proper compensation request emails; multiple dropped emails by Bitmain and follow ups by myself
03.12.2015   Yoshi confirmed that no further compensation will be offered.

Narrative Part II:
When I received these in working condition, I began posting them for sale. I sold them in two separate sales, both to PokeyJones. He was made aware of everything above, in real time. He just received Unit #2 and has noticed that when comparing it to Unit #1 and an additional S5 he purchased, it is not running up to par. Issue can be found in this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10794078

He is currently emailing with Bitmain. We are also discussing where to go from here. I have offered him a full refund. However, we would both like to find proper resolution from Bitmain, so I can keep the sale and he can keep the miner.

Personal Debrief:
Obviously, I’m disappointed. I mined ~BTC.15 from the day I received the miners to the last day they were returned to me. By my estimation I would have generated ~BTC.86. Granted ~BTC.3 would have gone to electricity costs. But I also incurred ~$50 in shipping charges, which is more than I mined. And, no disrespect to PokeyJones, the circumstances pushed me into a position of having to sell the miners at a loss, which I did not plan on doing.

I’ve never heard of Antminers having such issues. Maybe it’s a fluke that both of these arrived defective. I have no idea. I hope that if anyone else has experienced any similar issues, they post about it. If I had seen anyone post anything similar, I would have started writing about this earlier. Even now I’m hesitant posting this, because it is far from my intention to post some victimization piece on my experience and I wouldn’t be happy for it to come off that way.

I tried working with Bitmain to sort this out as best I could. So now I’m turning it over to the forum. Thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

Cheers!
BLC

Special thanks to PokeyJones for being patient and proof-reading.
Does Oregon Miner employ Matt Carson?

When asked about the involvement of Matt Carson in OregonMiner business there has been no response. Customers who want to track him down might want to stop harassing Bitmain and start asking Oregon Miner where he is. There is no doubt that the owner of Oregon Miner knows where Matt Carson is and can contact him without hesitation.

We are still getting contacted from the customers of Minersource.net and Miner Hosting LLC... so let us repost this!

Also, we are getting inquires from minersource.net customers regarding hosted miners went offline for weeks and missing. We are NOT affiliated with minersource.net or Miner Hosting LLC and we DO NOT have information regarding their business status.

We have nothing to do with any miners being hosted by Minersource.net or bobsag3 or Thomas_s.  They were either hosted in their Aurora, Colorado facility or some at various locations.  Some users posted that Minersource.net was hosting miners at other facilities as well.  Please look at the trust feedback related to bobsag3 or Thomas_s for additional information.

According to some customers, some miners were sent to MinerSource's Facility in State of Oregon in USA. (We never verified that but it appeared the facility belonged to other company.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976172.20
OregonMines.com

Since we are getting inquires from MinerSource.net customers, not able to communicate with the sellers....

We have no idea of their status.  It could be just their website is down or DNS setting may went bad or whatever the cause may be  Huh

If you are MinerSource.net customers who purchased Bitmain Antminer Products and needing tech support or warranty be taken care of, please submit a ticket at http://bitmain.zendesk.com or PM us or call us at +1-844-248-6246 Option 2

We CAN NOT issue refund on items purchased from MinerSource.net or Miner Hosting LLC, however, we may be able to assist you with the warranty or tech support need for the Bitmain Antminer Products.

Bitmain Product Warranties are 90-days from the factory shipping date.  (Not the day you purchased from someone reselling them.)  However, we do service miners that are even out of warranty for a small fees.  Just let us know what you need and we sure have some solutions for you on Antminer Related Products.

Thanks for the info Oregon Mines.

Is DG Rollins LLC or you 'OregonMines.com' related to Matt Carson aka bobsag3 or Minersource.net in anyway? And if so are you still in partnership with Matt as you were before?

Is Matt Carson working for Oregon Mines or part of the DG Rollins LLC?

You seem to have avoided that question.

The only person pushing this thread down a rabbit hole is Loshia. Typically off topic and has nothing to do the with the thread.

Simple questions being asked and answered. The only person that is being impolite is Loshia here, which doesn't surprise anyone given his defense of Martin and Technobit and their scams right up to present times. His personal and sustained attacks on me is well documented. Even though he was warned not to do this by forum moderators he continues to harass me in countless threads.

It is fair to ask what Matt Carson's involvement in this is, given the mess he has left behind with a number of deals here in these forums. Any potential customers of DG Rollins LLC should rightly know if he is involved. If he is why isn't Matt coming clean and resolving the countless problems he has with former Minersource customers? Does DG Rollins LLC have contact with Matt Carson? If they do can they not persuade Matt Carson to resolve issues he has with his customers?

Given those trips to Black Arrow and Spondoolies involved DG Rollins LLC and Matt Carson together there is certainly a reason to question the current standing and relationship of DG Rollins LLC and Matt Carson. The fact the "Loshia" is involved should also give any customer pause on anything related to a company, he seems only to post in an attempt to defame others and away from the specific question being asked. Smoke screens seem to be unnecessary here given that the principals are willing and able to respond to polite questions about who is involved in their business without resorting to name calling like Martin and Loshia did when questioned about their less than reputable business practices.

Clearly there is a "relationship" with Minersource and that might give at least former customers worry if not the whole community. That is why I asked the question so that consumers at least know a relationship did / does exist with these companies. The consumers who might be interested in what is being offered can now measure that information and weigh the risks involved. Without asking that question it was clearly never going to be brought up voluntarily by Oregon Mines.

Sample complaints from Loshia favorite company Technobit:

one more day with still no reply  Huh Huh Huh
This is getting nowhere, the guy isn't even reacting anymore here. Lying about shipping week after week, looks as if this is going like minersource. Pooofff, and they are gone!!
not reacting...not replying to contact...email...nothing...looks like this time they are stealing our money Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
another time?
Regarding AM:
Five different Chinese friends told me that FC really disappeared. Four of them has no connection to AM/RM.
I don't really know, but I find the coins movement very strange. I can think of three reasons: coercion, AM decided to TO and disappear (e.g. do self mine for their benefit only), AM decided to disappear/hibernate and split the coins betweens the various Chinese stakeholders.
I don't have any other explanation. It's all un-based speculations by me.

Regarding BMT price hike, I will refer you the following: https://twitter.com/bitfurygeorge/status/575164367370461184

I certainly hope FC is fine and safe somewhere it is all fun and games until someone kidnaps you and steals all your bitcoins.
I share your hopes. I really like him.
I also hope that all will be resolved in a way that will make AMHash customers whole.

Guy

Doesn't look good...

update :

1. We have lost contact with Friedcat more than 40 days, we are now still focusing on finding him.
2. A lot of evidences we have found shows that he is safe, which is the only good news recently. In addition, all rumour around the community are baseless and untrustworthy. We know so far nothing about where has he been and where is he at the moment.
3. We have to focus on finding him currently so there are indeed some delay on replying email of [email protected]. However, since we have all records of your emails so it is only a problem of time, please understand and be patient.
4. AMHASH project is not from sale team of ASICMINER, we know nothing about the deal between Friedcat and ROCKMINER, no one else has seen the contract between them either ,therefore, we sale department of ASICMINER is not be in charge of AMHASH project, please be patient to wait till we find FC.

Is the new chip in production Phasebird?  Or what is the status of that project?

hello, BE300 project is still on going with the rest of AM team as I know. however ,since AM lost FC, a lot of decisions are probabaly hard to make.

In terms of our hardware sale department,we have saved all emails and will try to re-build our bussiness team as quick as we can.

please wait the upcoming statement from the board of AM.
It is not ongoing.  The sample chips were ordered on a shared wafer last year.  However, production chips were NEVER ordered, so nothing is ongoing Phasebird.
Even if some board members finally decide to do their job, the first order of business is to get rid of Dave.  Then if they put together funds and order the chips, how many months before a working product can begin to ship? By that time it's irrelevant.  Whatever monies would be spent, would again be a complete waste.
It's over for AM.  Maybe something can be rebuilt with new real management and a proper sales team but it won't be AM anymore and would be a gamble bigger than AM.
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
Regarding AM:
Five different Chinese friends told me that FC really disappeared. Four of them has no connection to AM/RM.
I don't really know, but I find the coins movement very strange. I can think of three reasons: coercion, AM decided to TO and disappear (e.g. do self mine for their benefit only), AM decided to disappear/hibernate and split the coins betweens the various Chinese stakeholders.

Regarding BMT price hike, I will refer you the following: https://twitter.com/bitfurygeorge/status/575164367370461184

I certainly hope FC is fine and safe somewhere it is all fun and games until someone kidnaps you and steals all your bitcoins.
I share your hopes. I really like him.
I also hope that all will be resolved in a way that will make AMHash customers whole.

Guy
Regarding AM:

BMT price hike... meh. Whatever the reason I think it is good cover to get out of the consumer miner game. Make it so unreasonable with pre-orders and price hikes that you get a tidy profit off the backs of people who just don't get it consumer mining is done. Read that as DO NOT BUY MINERS FOR HOME OR SMALL OPERATIONS USE. I don't see how anyone at this point is still mining at home or thinking about a tiny mine. (Unless you know something about a SHA256 altcoin that is not merge mined and that others don't know about the potential of that coin that is.)

BULK hydro and hardware with cheap warehousing space. Ukraine? China?
donator
Regarding AM:

Asicminer chips on hold rumor has it.

As little information seems to be officially coming out on the ASICMINER / FriedCat front we all are left wondering about the companies future.

Mystery in Bitcoinland…. the disappearance of FriedCat

http://www.btcreporter.com/2015/03/04/mystery-in-bitcoinland-the-disappearance-of-friedcat/

Can anyone confirm/deny?

I can verify I heard this too from an inside source...the project is on hold until FC reappears
Disclaimer: Un-based speculation, no source behind it, just me thinking.
Someone should check if the coins that were moved from the various AM wallets ended up in known exchanges addresses.
TO cost + initial wafer ordering will be anything between $2.5M and $10M
Again, disclaimer: Un-based speculation, no source behind it, just me thinking.

Did you just hint big time?

Also doing this as a smoke screen to hide a new chips development could be news.

Seems like BITMAIN thinks he didn't order up anything according to their spies.

Certainly something to work through for those with a BLOODHOUND and some sparetime.

Chip hype...

I would like offer a best ever miner design in exchange for such chip. What I mean of 'ideal miner'. Manufacturing costs for miner will be only around 1/5 of overall price. 4/5 of price will be net cost of chips.

Miner will run at high voltage with great efficiency ~95%.
I have prototypes for different current chip manufacturers, so I can provide proof if needed. Also I have a farm for personal use that employ such technology.
whay you joke around bitcoin.If you good chip designer.Apple,AMD,Samsung pay you couple bilion $ and more if you design working FinFET in 14-16 nm.
But if i can design working 14-16 nm chip i sale patent right in first year 100$ by chip and colect 20-30 bilion $ second year by apple,samsung,AMD,Intel and all other smartphone company.

TSMC: We're "Far Superior" to Intel and Samsung as a Partner Fab - See more at:  year 2013 http://www.dailytech.com/TSMC+Were+Far+Superior+to+Intel+and+Samsung+as+a+Partner+Fab/article34148.htm#sthash.2SBQbwb0.dpuf
today after spending 10 bilion in FAB
http://recode.net/2015/02/04/apple-taps-samsung-to-manufacture-next-iphone-chip/

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2015/02/18/2003611800

you must contact  http://www.tsmc.com/english/default.htm tsmc produce chip You must have only $ in advance cuple year.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying bitcoin chip designers should be working toward a FinFET 14-16 nm chip.  I've read that there are two companies getting close.... and one company has reached tapeout saying the chip is 0.07 W/GHS???:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/02/bitcoin-brothers-aim-to-disrupt-bitcoin-mining-with-new-more-powerful-supercomputers/

http://cryptomining-blog.com/3854-kncminer-solar-new-16nm-asic-chips-coming-in-2015/

http://www.creandum.com/accel-partners-invests-in-kncminer-16nm-tape-out-completed/

Maybe we won't see these 2 manufacturers with the super efficient mining rigs using the FinFET16 chip for a few or several months?:

http://wccftech.com/tsmcs-16nm-finfet-faces-delays-qualcomm-jumps-ship-samsung/

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-moving-to-tsmc-16nm-finfet-process.html

All in all, it looks like a new "chip efficiency race" is ready to begin??

or

Is it all hype???

Bottomline:

Most miners love what Bitmain has done for the industry. If these new super efficient chips are close to becoming a reality, then Bitmain is likely exploring/developing them too.... so that they can maintain their share of the market.
donator

As little information seems to be officially coming out on the ASICMINER / FriedCat front we all are left wondering about the companies future.

http://www.btcreporter.com/2015/03/04/mystery-in-bitcoinland-the-disappearance-of-friedcat/

Can anyone confirm/deny?

I can verify I heard this too from an inside source...the project is on hold until FC reappears
Disclaimer: Un-based speculation, no source behind it, just me thinking.
Someone should check if the coins that were moved from the various AM wallets ended up in known exchanges addresses.
TO cost + initial wafer ordering will be anything between $2.5M and $10M
Again, disclaimer: Un-based speculation, no source behind it, just me thinking.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Bitmain Price Hikes

Neither a thumb up or down in my opinion.

Anyone who has been buying small amounts of miners is not being realistic about ROI anyhow. So this price increase and pre-order is a default setting as such by Bitmain to get themselves out of the consumer marketplace. It is the final nail in the coffin of the home to small miner.

If you want lower priced units you will be buying in BULK or B2B. So it is clearly game over for consumer mining sales.

The only potential might be DIY boards with Spondoolies Tech or Bitmaintech chips. But given the costs involved and no chance for sales to exceed the investment it makes little or no sense to build boards for the consumer market. It is over.
Where has Asicminer / FriedCat gone?

Not a very organized fellow are the rumors I hear about FC but is this just a throw your arms in the air run for the hills to retool and relaunch your company because you are overwhelmed or are we looking at the end of Asicminer? Clearing out offices without notice seems more than odd. 2 months without contact is even stranger still.

after chinese new year. amhash announced they didn't get cloud mining bitcoin from asicminer.
we found that:
1, friedcast lost contact from 2 month ago.
2, asicminer moved from their shenzhen office to some place in early of Feb.
3, other member of asicminer kept silence.
wtf happened in china, company corrupted one by one.

Pages:
Jump to: