Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide - page 11. (Read 29127 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Keep up the nice work...this guide is pretty much spot on.

Absolutely. Shows other "guides" out there to be what they actually are - paid advertisements by manufacturers employees. Good work.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Keep up the nice work...this guide is pretty much spot on.

You should add more companies though...
Bit crane seems legit
Hashra does not seem legit
 Black Arrow continues to disappoint.

We have seen a number of companies do this. Fail to deliver and move on to the next chip with 100s or 1000s of unhappy customers still waiting for product. Black Arrow is a company that should be shut down and their executives brought to trial.

^^^ lol

But.... seeing as I took delivery of an X1 earlier this month it looks like I'll (allegedly) be missing out on a X1.5.

That's good. People who ordered after me get a more powerful product.
Feeling the love here  Undecided

I ordered a year ago and have gotten nothing. No X3, no X1s. Now they talk about 14nm. What a joke. If they get one single preorder then i will have seriously lost faith in human intelligence.

My definition of a scam company is one that takes money from customers by deceiving them then, fails to provide anything of value in return.

Black Arrow's own contradictory words proves they are liars and covers the deception angle. I've received nothing of value in return for the money I paid almost a year ago, so there you go.

We have a proven scam company actively soliciting a million dollars+ from potential investors for vapour-ware miners made from Samsung wont give you 14nm in a month from now you fucking clowns ASICs.

Not to mention violating every consumer protection law in the book, mail fraud and tax evasion on the $90,000 in coins they mined.

To any potential investor I can guarantee they're going to be so in your face with the tens if not more millions of dollars they'll make off your investment while giving absolutely nothing in return for your cool mil. In-fact I wouldn't be surprised if they've even figured out a way to leave you with a bill to pay when all is said and done, you know just for that little extra bit of spite.

well, they sold these based on promises that they are not keeping.

they are violating consumer laws all over the world.

fraud?  as far as I'm concerned no doubt about it.  a company run by a known credit card fraudster that has done nothing but change his game to a new kind of scam as far as I'm concerned.

anyone that sends these people a dime at this point needs a CT scan. 

they failed technically with miners that start on fire, they failed logistically by being unable to develop this or ship this in any sort of reasonable timeframe and they have failed financially, by squandering their customers' money,  they have failed miserably in terms of customer service/relations.

To me it seems that they have failed in every aspect of this project and this business. 

anyone would be better of plunking that money down on the craps table than investing with a  company with a performance record like this.
 Former customers warn people off Avalon re-branding even with a paid spokesman assurance they have changed.

There is certainly been no reasonable explanation or apologies from Avalon or the executives and paid spokesman for this new company as to what happened with regards to chips and the millions in dollars in damages it caused the community. There is certainly no reason to purchase from Avalon or Avalon re-branded given the unlikelihood their products will fail to come close to ROI or break even for miners. Nothing at this stage is really going to break even so waiting for products that are likely even worse than existing products is simply not a good strategy. If you are still buying there are others delivering right now. No need to wait on Avalon gear if you are still engaged in mining ASICMINER, BITMAINTECH and SPONDOOLIESTECH are your best and only real options currently.

Avoid this scam company....new name does not make the past disappear.

F YOU scammers - reimburse people for your crap from last year. otherwise gtfo

2btc/TH ?
only chips?

omg, too much Smiley

whats wrong with that? By the time you build a PCB, receive chips, and assemble the entire thing you'll have a device that costs only 3BTC/TH by late october!

It is November... anything in the wild besides the fubar version by Technobit that will certainly ship to you with significant delays?

F YOU scammers - reimburse people for your crap from last year. otherwise gtfo

You are supposed to forgive them now...it is different this time  Cool

f*ck yifu and his shady bs outfit. scammer for life. he can shove his tech up his as* until he reimburses what he stole

Bitsyncom(Yifu Guo) have left Avalon project, right now the Avalon project running by Canaan Creative, Ltd., (founded by     ngzhang) Locate Beijing China.

Even though Yifu has left Avalon (Canaan Creative or whatever) all other particpants like ngzhang are responsible for the Scam of last year!  Angry

Avoid by all means! Scam!
  SP20's slip and SPTech offers compensation.

So we see that for the first time SPTech has slipped on a delivery deadline but is offering compensation. In the past compensation was offered to missed technical specifications but that compensation was offered in October after shipments made in August. Given the honesty and direct nature of the Guy and the SPTech I think consumers are still well protected if you are still buying mining equipment from SPTech. Price and ROI are still the biggest worry for all customers in the current depressed market. This is a thumbs up and thumbs down situation so it is an over all push on reliability.

Edit: Guy responds immediately to when the compensation processing will start. This team is on top of communications as always.

You mean about the fact that 3 days prior to their shipping deadline they had no clue if they could ship or not? ...
We're working through the weekend to meet the October shipping deadline.
The reasons for the last minute shipping are numerous and has also very much to do with unauthorized strikes in Israel sea ports, see for example here.
It happens also in previous months, we had to ask the carrier to change route, deliver to cypress and fly the parts into Israel.
We're going through hoops to make sure the entire material needed for production arrives on time. It's an enormous, challenging task.
Right now we're producing the SP20 and we'll ship them after the proper burn-in tests in Flextronics. It might be slipped to the beginning of next week. If this will be the case, we'll compensate.

Guy

The production of the SP20 is slipping into the beginning of the next week. We are working hard to make sure all units are shipped by Monday.
We will offer a BTC compensation for lost mining time.

Compensation and ship all SP20s by Monday.

First real slip in timeline we've seen. But with compensation I suspect customers will be happy at least in that regard. How long for compensation?

During November. We'll contact SP20 customers and ask for wallets addresses.

SP31s ship on time and arriving at customers doors.

My SP31 is out for delivery, and it just shipped 1.5 days ago, that's pretty fast!

I have ordered every Spondoolies-Tech Product that they has shipped so far, and every order has arrived within the time frame promised.    Customer service has been excellent!

I will continue to be a customer on future products, their pre-sales and post-sales customer service and honesty cannot be touched, and their products are rock solid.

Thanks Spondoolies-Tech team, keep up the great work!   Looking forward to hearing more about the next-gen!!

Shipping units fairly quickly is a positive sign as well.

Seeing the level of communication provided by SP in this thread makes me want to order some hardware.  What are the lead times for orders placed this week or next?
SP20 - less than a week
SP35 - one month
Shakes head. Still no love from Technobit for some customers.

I appreciate Marto's and technobit's intention to provide an open,  transparent process.  This question should be easy to answer.  Could you answer it please?

Hello? How far behind are you guys, exactly?  Is there any way to get specific information on our orders?

After 4 months you should know the answer is no.

STILL AWAITING ORDER:

XXXXXXXXXXX

2 x TL-MR3020 router

2014-07-15    

107,40€

PD PayPal + Extra Fee    Payment accepted
And on and on and on.

Rinse and repeat fraud by Technobit.

Vesi,

Any word on the AMD brackets ?

up
HI,
Yours will be out today.
For others we'll put a product on the website with 0 price and no transport costs , you just have to provide your hex4m order ref

Regards: Vesi

Vesi,

No brackets have arrived yet ??
Can you check if everything was send out correctly pls..

Thanks.

No brackets or chip received yet. !! its been almost 3 weeks now..

Technobit with RMA's on top of delays.

Vesi,

Where to send the defective board? To same adress as RMA?
Could you plz send me PM with details?
 Minersource is often a black hole for emails.
 Black Arrow puts out questionable quality X-3 even after long delays.

As many have noted emails and correspondence with Minersource is usually all miss no hit some support late in the day is not enough to make them trustworthy at this stage. Avoid Minersource and Black Arrow at all costs.

I put a PSU from another unit in that machine, and it reads alarm/fault - and the psu that shot sparks out works fine in a different unit.

So i've concluded that rather just being a power supply - it's the actual miner.  anyone know how to reset the bugger

I would start by looking at the backplane caps, and removing them if they look like they've failed.

If no help is to be had there, I would then remove all but one of the hashing modules from the backplane and see if it will start up like that.  If so, reconnect another, etc, and see if you can isolate one of them that pisses it off.

Did just that.  It worked.  Found a dead module.  Another module has 1 dead chip and 1 live chip.  So I've asked BlackArrow to send out a few replacement boards and I'll just swap the heatsinks over.  Let's see if they will do that.   I'd contact MinerSource, but since they don't respond to emails, private messages and they cancelled their phone number, I'm not sure how to get a hold of them.

Update: while MS normally has not responded promptly, I got a response about the faulty hashboard and he said that they have replacements.  So perhaps there is some light in all of this.
Technobit why you still no answer?

Technobit is failing to provide critical information yet again on shipping. Same pattern as previously stated last year by many who were burned.

Thanks Vesi, but my question specifically asked where you are in the queue,  and how you were handling the queue.  Are you almost done with batch 1 orders?

I appreciate Marto's and technobit's intention to provide an open,  transparent process.  This question should be easy to answer.  Could you answer it please?

We note that being polite doesn't get your answer any faster no matter the claims from Technobit to the contrary.
  More and more reasons not to buy Technobit.

I have not received a single board yet.  Waiting on 25 boards.

Where any boards shipped out this week?  I didn't get my usual email from DHL that a package was being delivered...  Still waiting on 67 more boards plus 1 rma.

second week of no boards delivered. still waiting for 67 more boards.
And the shut down's of smaller miners continues... why are you buying miners?

The signs are there. Are you reading the signs people? 5 cents a KWh.

You can also add me to the turning it off bunch. Moving out of colo, and retiring some 50+ TH of FrankenJups, S1s, Dragons, SP10s, S3s and BTCGardens.

We're moving 60TH to a warehouse with 5 cent power and about 50kw of capacity, and after the winter we'll likely be totally out. With the warehouse we can turn it off/on when profitable, which doesn't work in a colo situation.

And the band plays on. Technobit.eu is not the manufacturer you are looking for.

Where any boards shipped out this week?  I didn't get my usual email from DHL that a package was being delivered...  Still waiting on 67 more boards plus 1 rma.

second week of no boards delivered. still waiting for 67 more boards.
 Technobit's no answer answers.

And the shell game continues. Given the current price of BTC anyone buying miners really should not be buying from people who are willfully ripping people off without compensation. 15 weeks?

Hello? Anyone out there in technobit land?
Hi,
We are here.
Shipping every day.
If your order is packed you are getting e-mail .
Again We know you wait too long and we sorry about that situation.
If you want off the deal , just give us shipping address and we'll ship you back the chips

Regards: Vesi

Thanks Vesi, but my question specifically asked where you are in the queue,  and how you were handling the queue.  Are you almost done with batch 1 orders?

Technobit goes dark on customer questions.

Hello? Anyone out there in technobit land?
Of course, never intended to hide it though I am only asking them to take into consideration. Even without my comments, it is clear that they shipped and have a product that they sold from stock. It's their own product (despite not manufacturing their own chips).

I will only add fabricators that have a number of happy / sad customers. What you have stipulated are known agents or resellers and given Minersource's lack of refunds for some of their product lines I would rather not add Bitcrane based on that crappy company's recommendation. Bobsag has a so many wonky deals that if he is recommending it you want to have a long hard look at it. I'd prefer adding Bitcrane if customers come forward. Not seen any customers yet.

And at this point I think it is better to be clear that mining on the small or home scale is done like dinner, for the short term and possibly forever.

There might be some use for home scale mining for altcoins given the potential growth vs the difficulty of getting coins on exchange. Then again if they are hard to get on exchange there is little point to a coin then as well.

$1300 for 1THs is so 6 months ago! Lol. Who on earth would pay that much these days? You can buy an S4 and get 2THs for the same price.

That's why I'm waiting.  Even the S4 with a coupon is still a little overpriced.  You can pick up used Dragons in the $400ish range, so $800-900 should be the sweet spot.  But what do I know, Bitmain seems to be doing well.

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Of course, never intended to hide it though I am only asking them to take into consideration. Even without my comments, it is clear that they shipped and have a product that they sold from stock. It's their own product (despite not ma nufacturing their own chips).
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Please kindly add BitCrane to your list of manufacturers. http://www.bitcrane.com/

They have a phone number and a business address and they respond readily to e-mail and also have shipped their products out with no issues.

I've had extensive dealings with them and they're a stand up company with a track record of at least two iterations of miners (the T110 and T110S) which actually are still selling units. They also ship from stock.

Leaving them out would be unfair given their thus far excellent business practices. I think Dogie, bobsag3 and maidak all received their units as well.

For transparency sake, you really should disclose your business relationship with them perhaps in your sig or wherever you post about them.

Hi I am an actual paying customer. For full disclosure one of my gadget companies GeekZen is also now an authorized distributor of BitCrane as well. I only entered into the distributorship after I had purchased the miners myself and was happy with it.

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Please kindly add BitCrane to your list of manufacturers. http://www.bitcrane.com/

They have a phone number and a business address and they respond readily to e-mail and also have shipped their products out with no issues.

I've had extensive dealings with them and they're a stand up company with a track record of at least two iterations of miners (the T110 and T110S) which actually are still selling units. They also ship from stock.

Leaving them out would be unfair given their thus far excellent business practices. I think Dogie, bobsag3 and maidak all received their units as well.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Well put together. And it makes sense that it would scale to larger farms. Most people have this idealistic view that they should be mining in their homes for profit. It just is not going to happen unless there is some kind of HUGE semiconductor revolution that solves the engineering problems of heat and performance.

At the end of the day if anything a miner should have a plan to expand into large farm. It is possible, just gotta plan it out and put the work into it.
 Home Mining Reality Check. Time to stop buying miners was 6 months or more ago.

Given all the numbers available it makes little sense right now to buy miners for small scale or home use if you are looking to get a return or find profit.

Do you have some comments on how mining will turn now? A lot of home miners stopped mining due to -ve ROI.
Interesting question. All the more interesting because no one has actually asked me before on the forums, even though I've discussed it at length on IRC and am very happy at any time for people to know what I think.

Mining died for the community/home miner a long time ago. It's just that the community miners haven't realised or accepted it yet. Community mining is only 15% of the hashrate now and shrinking. They're always hopeful and expectant but there really is no reason for them to be that way. Mining has gone to the data halls and the massive farms, mostly run by the manufacturers themselves who have the ability to create hardware on the cheap and offer it to the select few entities who can help their mining operations or provide funding or cheap hosting, instead of the consumer buyer market which is annoying, small time, noisy and boring. The only reason they continue to sell to that regular consumer market is there are enough people who have unrealistic expectations of making a profit somehow because they simply cannot believe that the numbers are stacked against them, such that the hardware manufacturers can charge a ridiculous premium to sell to that market to make it worth their while.

This should come as no surprise to anyone who's been watching bitcoin at large, but it will continue to surprise bitcoin miners, past, present and future. The reason miners don't see it is they're so blinded by the concept of a "money making machine" or the "goose that laid the golden egg" that they just can't see it.

Here's a quote of mine. Note the date on it:

Long term, cgminer will be the lowest overhead c software to drive ASICs to do bitcoin mining, with lots of code in it that is no longer relevant to BTC mining. What I really worry about, is that new hardware will continue to come out frequently enough that people end up on a cycle of investing in hardware that basically never pays itself off as slightly newer hardware and higher diffs keep coming out. Sure at some stage the limits of technology will be reached, but given the best tech at the moment is going to be 65nm ASICs when CPUs are 28nm devices, I can see the cycle going on for some time, and then even if btc mining ASICs end up in line with CPU manufacturers, they still continue to evolve over time. Dramatic profits from ASICs will likely only last a couple of weeks at most for a lucky few. The rest of you who paid for devices that don't even exist yet will not be making any magical profit no matter how big the hashrate appears. Your proportion of the total bitcoin hashrate will remain pitiful.

To give you an idea of how long this has been known to the bitcoin community, even if miners refuse to see it, I think it's best to leave the final word to Satoshi himself, the inventor of bitcoin:

The current system where every user is a network node is not the intended configuration for large scale.  That would be like every Usenet user runs their own NNTP server.  The design supports letting users just be users.  The more burden it is to run a node, the fewer nodes there will be.  Those few nodes will be big server farms.  The rest will be client nodes that only do transactions and don't generate.
Pages:
Jump to: