Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide - page 2. (Read 29127 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Sidehack and Novak moving forward on the BM1384 Project. We all hopeful they will rescue the home user market.

Good Job Gents thanks for all the effort the community is behind you.

We as a community should, when asked and when they are ready to deliver product, help support this effort. Save a few coins everyone to help push this project forward or purchase PSU's from them at their product page here gekkoscience.com to keep them moving forward. Home mining might not be currently profitable but it might be worth the effort to keep home mining alive if it supports local builders like this. They are the real deal attempting to keep all production at the local level supporting their community in the US which is a great idea and something that should be supported.

If everything's working proper it should level out around 16.5GH. I don't have remote access to the stats page (shifted it off the VPN-capable subnet so Novak could play with the code more readily) to verify it right now, but I am admittedly disappointed in the 3-hour average currently presented. It's been running at speed for right around 4 hours. Of course, 16GH on a min-diff 128 makes for some pretty gnarley variance. The 12-hour should look much better.

Hopefully tomorrow early I can get the string L working, swap a fresh chip on and get the 3.3V RX back up. If it ends up working like I'm pretty sure it should, all I need to do after that is iron out the Compac regulator noise issue, get some solid numbers on minimum node-level capacitance to maintain balance during a two-chip initialization (testing so far indicates it's somewhere between 200 and 2000uF) and lay into some PCB redesigns. Heck, if the Compac gets to working, the Amita should be a single revision because the chip extension is pretty trivial compared to the friggin' month I've lost to regulator issues.
I am so sorry jekecoin there were too many mix signals sent out from this community on these scammers and it is a shame considering how much clear evidence there was that this would happen.

Why were Loshia and Dogie such big supporters of Technobit.eu given the substantial evidence of fraud from the company very very early on?

Why do they still constantly harass me in these forums and this thread?

Is it because I called them out on supporting Martin and they were part of the fraud?

Maybe just maybe they should ADMIT they were wrong or accept they were part of the scam before this gets worse?

I hate to say it but I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I bloody told you so!  Angry

ive been waiting since 2015-02-17 for a HEX4RBox

sent 3 emails now to them and not a single reply and 3 dates have passed on there site for shipping and yet no box or even a reply to my emails

good ive pay for them via paypal
going to give them 2 more weeks and still if no box or at the very least a email will report them for fraud as there selling goods i don't even believe they have  

if your reading this TECHNOBIT my order is FUCVIKLCA
i suggest you get back to me asap
I'm waiting from 2014-12-21, and I don't get my money......
Looks like Martin Sirakov aka Technomachinex/Technobit from Sofia ran off with the money, that is $565,000 in bitcoin alone, plus a yet unknown amount in cash/bank/credit card payments. Has anyone contacted their banking or credit card company yet and reported fraud? I can't believe the inertnes of some on this matter while Martin Sirakov is laughing all the way to the bank. Time to address Bulgaria's justice authorities on this matter, this guy belongs in prison.

And I maybe never get my money back Sad
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
Why were Loshia and Dogie such big supporters of Technobit.eu given the substantial evidence of fraud from the company very very early on?

Is it because I called them out on supporting Martin and they were part of the fraud?

Maybe just maybe they should ADMIT they were wrong or accept they were part of the scam before this gets worse?

I hate to say it but I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. I bloody told you so!  Angry

sent 3 emails now to them and not a single reply and 3 dates have passed on there site for shipping and yet no box or even a reply to my emails

going to give them 2 more weeks and still if no box or at the very least a email will report them for fraud as there selling goods i don't even believe they have  

Looks like Martin Sirakov aka Technomachinex/Technobit from Sofia ran off with the money, that is $565,000 in bitcoin alone, plus a yet unknown amount in cash/bank/credit card payments. Has anyone contacted their banking or credit card company yet and reported fraud? I can't believe the inertnes of some on this matter while Martin Sirakov is laughing all the way to the bank. Time to address Bulgaria's justice authorities on this matter, this guy belongs in prison.

And I maybe never get my money back Sad

Why integrity matters or why people will buy from GekkoScience once they are ready to sell even if it isn't really economically viable to buy small units for home use.

Home mining might be dead. There maybe no real reason to buy anything for the home market but that won't stop Novak and Sidehack. If you are still really looking to support something good before home mining eventual dies a slow agonizing death. Then please check out these guys. They have a modest plan, a singular vision and skills to make it happen and they are doing it with their own cash.

What I meant was, BFL kept getting sales a year after the whole world should have known not to trust them because of their marketing team. Their ads were very visible and any n00b looking for a miner would probably find their stuff first. Of course if you followed up on literally any claim they pushed about their product line you'd find it was an outright lie, and I'm still impressed they weren't called to account on that a lot sooner. But the only advertising we've ever done for anything we've ever made was posting here on the forums. No SEO optimization, no banner ads, just building stuff that doesn't suck and trusting the numbers to speak for themselves (and also satisfied customers, that helped too). I've done exactly zero advertising for our miner line as well. I've mentioned it to a few people when they ask me what I'm up to, and then this forum thread. That's it.

Also, I recall a study someone did where they interviewed a bunch of people entering the job market and asked why they went into their respective fields - because it was fun and interesting, or because they sought wealth. 20 years later they tracked down the same people and measured their financial successes. Of the original sample, I believe there were 300 millionaires in the group; of them, 299 went into their jobs based on a genuine interest and only one because it was a path to riches. I like those numbers. Tells you a lot about human nature - you're a heck of a lot more likely to be successful if you enjoy what you're doing than if you're doing it specifically to be successful. Novak and I are both pretty much constantly broke, but we're definitely enjoying the work. I'm hoping that, between his project and mine (these miners), we can start snowballing bigger, but what matters most (beyond "being able to pay the bills") is that we keep being entertained by the job - and that we don't compromise quality or integrity for the sake of short-term profits. With what we want to do, there's literally no good reason to go down that road.

Also, we've got about a dozen old S1s running around already. Thanks though. I wouldn't turn down more smoked-out S5... heh heh...
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
CK makes a point of slamming SFARDS for a single thread but does little or nothing for Avalon / Bitmain being non-hardware threads for the most part.
Their thread became a competition thread. Support threads are still about hardware as I already explained.
Agree 100% with that assessment.

Most people that are intrinsically motivated will be able solve most if not all of their "hardware" issues barring any real product failure. RTFMYSA. This very Hardware section is riddled with 50% of that.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Yeah, you see us designing stuff specifically to educate. I don't really blame under-educated consumers nearly as much as I do lazy consumers - the guys for whom answers are readily available if they'd take the 30 seconds to look for them instead of crying for help on everything. People who appear stupid sometimes genuinely are, but for most people being stupid is a willing act they've been allowed to continue. I'm constantly annoyed by stupid customers but we sell to 'em anyway. Then we hand them enough resources to solve 90% of their problems themselves if they wanted to not be lazy and that's it. But not everyone can get away with that, especially with diverse and complex product lines.
Especially because a lot of customers are, themselves, no-brainers.

If you want to 'blame' the under-educated consumer then why build and market products for under-educated consumers? (Not directed at you personally or your company sidehack).

It makes economic sense for a larger company to simply remove 80% of the problems and deal with only 10 to 20% of the people that have the resources. Same pattern in most businesses really. Customers are being fired continuously as you see some services and goods are sold only to those who provide the best returns for companies.  

Is the hardware for mining too technically advanced to sell to the general population?

Possibly right now it still is.

Anyone out there going to change it?

Probably.

Should companies educate consumers better than they are currently?

Always.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
Especially because a lot of customers are, themselves, no-brainers.
I'm not a fan of ticket support - it's an easy way to be ignored. That's why crooks like GHash/CEX/BAN use it. A good support system is open & transparent.

Spondoolies has one.

They seem to use it well enough.

You need something more than Dogie shitting on every thread. At least they try.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt, they do however have a lot of damage to repair - & if this ticket system doesn't work out right, I fear the worst for them with regards to yet more customer backlash on this forum.....

Let's hope they do it right.

Not easy work. That is why most fabricators want the benefits of selling to fewer customers and not to the general public as it is a cost savings and a hassle savings. It is not easy to build a CRM system including finding the right team. Having 2 or 3 or 10 customers versus 1000's is a no brainer really.
Activity: 379
Welcome to dogietalk.bs
I'm not a fan of ticket support - it's an easy way to be ignored. That's why crooks like GHash/CEX/BAN use it. A good support system is open & transparent.

Spondoolies has one.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt, they do however have a lot of damage to repair - & if this ticket system doesn't work out right, I fear the worst for them with regards to yet more customer backlash on this forum.....

Let's hope they do it right.

Spondoolies has one.

Activity: 379
Welcome to dogietalk.bs
They ran out on the bill... they have done this before at least 2x maybe more. Watch Oregon Mines it will go poof just the same way.

jeez even with my puny income I could get 4,169 bucks together to wrap it up rather then be evicted...they must really be in debt or some such.

not familiar with them..just saying ..if legit the amount seems puny

Maybe it's not worth to pay the fee...
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
jeez even with my puny income I could get 4,169 bucks together to wrap it up rather then be evicted...they must really be in debt or some such.

not familiar with them..just saying ..if legit the amount seems puny

Maybe it's not worth to pay the fee...
thanks for posting this information

You are welcome came from anonymous tipster. Thought it was important info for the community so posted it immediately as I read it in my Inbox.
Activity: 310
Merit: 256
Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged
thanks for posting this information
I was certainly fooled as well by Carson and Thurber I learned the hard way in May 2014 what sort of scams they had pulled and were pulling and one particularly involving chips from fabricators in China that was never reported here in these forums. Although you saw the same scam again by them with Black Arrow accusing them of stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of miners. Amazing really.

There are plenty of people in these forums who were also screwed over by them thinking that they were legit and decent people. To his credit Gleb knew much much much earlier than most that Matthew Carson was a fraud and scam artist. One has to be very careful to comb through the behaviour of any number of accounts in these forums and unfortunately there are a significant number of  shady accounts compared that perpetuate scams and scam artists. The hardware threads have seen more than their fair share of those.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Minersource run by Matthew Carson and His father have been EVICTED.

Here is the eviction notice for MinerSource?

Why are they called Miner Hosting LLC?

Does Oregon Mines have any liability with regards to the money owed?

Saving Space

I am not to surprised sadly with this.  They took images I made for a guide for the SilverFish 28 (scrypt miner).   Was really fun asking them in person at a bitcoin conference how it happened.  They acted totally surprised... then admitted they might have gotten it off forum.   They did not take image down till they stopped selling the miner.

I don't like a lot of drama so I just let it be.  Guess karma happens sometimes.

I think when theft is involved criminals need to be given as much drama as possible.

I agree looks like he was much worse then I knew.   They said they would take image down ..... but they waited a extra month until it sold out.

But in person they seemed ok, were a lot less excited about miners then other booth's.  Best way to describe them was un-enthused they were showing I cannot remember the name but it had something to do with flowers I think.  And there was a special edition with blue colored fan's.  Can not remember for the life of me the name of the miner.

I did not pay to much attention to them.  I was all excited about S3 and SP gear.  S3 had just started shipping, and SP had a good setup.  They both were much better on showing products and being excited to be there.
Pages:
Jump to: