Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide - page 3. (Read 29127 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Minersource run by Matthew Carson and His father have been EVICTED.

Here is the eviction notice for MinerSource?

Why are they called Miner Hosting LLC?

Does Oregon Mines have any liability with regards to the money owed?

Saving Space

I am not to surprised sadly with this.  They took images I made for a guide for the SilverFish 28 (scrypt miner).   Was really fun asking them in person at a bitcoin conference how it happened.  They acted totally surprised... then admitted they might have gotten it off forum.   They did not take image down till they stopped selling the miner.

I don't like a lot of drama so I just let it be.  Guess karma happens sometimes.

I think when theft is involved criminals need to be given as much drama as possible. That way others won't be taken advantage of by them.
legendary
Activity: 1456

Saving Space

I am not to surprised sadly with this.  They took images I made for a guide for the SilverFish 28 (scrypt miner).   Was really fun asking them in person at a bitcoin conference how it happened.  They acted totally surprised... then admitted they might have gotten it off forum.   They did not take image down till they stopped selling the miner.

I don't like a lot of drama so I just let it be.  Guess karma happens sometimes.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

jeez even with my puny income I could get 4,169 bucks together to wrap it up rather then be evicted...they must really be in debt or some such.

not familiar with them..just saying ..if legit the amount seems puny

Black Arrow needs to be taken down. Refunds need to be given. This is just crazy they are still running around loose.

The salt is being rubbed in the customers wounds. It would be great if someone actually reported this company on the mainland in China. Raising enough of consumer stink there does force even large companies to comply with Chinese consumer protection laws.

http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2014/04/08/china-introduces-new-consumer-protection-law.html

The latest BlackArrow wheeze:

Dear customer,

Your order is ready to ship. Please confirm the address we have for shipping for your order is correct.  If you have already done so, please ignore this email and wait for your tracking number in the next few days.

If you have not confirmed yet your shipping address, please send us an email with below fields filled in

Name:
House No, Street:
City, Postcode:
Province:
Phone no:
We are also sending shipping address confirmation requests from Black Arrow tickets system. However since the end of last year it seems that some of our correspondence sent out from the tickets system does not reach our customers' Inbox. Our messages either reach Spam folder or they do not reach the email address at all. Please do not reply to this message/email address with the above required details. This address is used to make sure our messages reach our customers. Please go on our website at: https://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/support/index.php?/Tickets/Submit , tick the Shipping department and send us the required information.

All pending orders are in our warehouse ready for dispatch as soon as you provide us the above details so we can update our records.

Please be aware that depending on your local customs regulations and taxation laws when importing goods from abroad you might be liable of paying duty fees or some other fees such as customs clearance fees. If you will not agree to pay them, the package might return to destination country or be destroyed by local customs. Please note that it is your duty to clear customs and pay all required fees. If you fail to do so and the package returns to us, you will be ceasing all rights to the package and it will not be send back to you again.

Guess what, incompetent assholes? I don't want my miners any more! If you ship them to me, I'll be throwing good money after bad for 1) customs duties and 2) electricity that costs me more than the miners will yield in BTC. I told you this directly via e-mail, and requested that you destroy my units and send me proof of destruction, and also refund the $50 shipping fees that you will not incur as a result of not shipping my order. But you chose to ignore that.

So fuck you, fuck you, and FUCK YOU. Shove my miners up your incompetent asses, where they will hopefully explode. You couldn't find your assholes with both hands and a funnel. You couldn't organize a piss-up at a brewery.
 Bitmain. More issues. Are we seeing too many problems to recommend buying from them?

It seems that there are a growing amount of concerns with the S5 and shipments of questionable products. It would be good to hear from Bitmain on these concerns here or in the thread posted below. Xian01 is a reputable member of this community and I personally value his radar on scams / customer service failures given his experience here in these forums in the past 2 or 3 years.

What do others think?

@ Bitmain:

Are these brand new & unused - or are they from your mining farm?

Ta.

Hi cathoderay,
Brand New.

Honestly, seeing this post by Bitmain, and hearing reports of them sending out dusty units with the old heat-sink design for Batch 5 completely destroyed any trust I had in them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the performance of the B1 S5's I have, but I bought them because they were advertised as being quiet, and ~75dBA is not quiet by any reasonable measure.

Also, had some private communication with them that didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about doing more business with them. Their pricing shenanigans with the S5 was the final icing on the cake that made me buy a bunch of SP20's and finish out my farm for the time being - It's been making more sense to just buy BTC outright than purchase miners at the current prices.

Will probably be getting out of the mining game entirely this year unless the economics significantly change.

bitmain could fix the noise problem by sending the fans quiet to all their customers, but it certainly will not do it because the Chinese are too greedy for money

the fans mentioned wont fix the noise issue. the problem is the s3,2, and 1 are full contact heatsinks. while the s5 uses the same heatsink it seems the metal only touches the chip so the full amount of heat isnt being pushed into the heat sink anymore and ontop of that the second one that would go on the other side of the miner isnt being sent to customers like with the s3's signs that this was used can be seen on the components on the sides that face the plastic side plates. there is thermal paste applied there and partially whiped off which imply bitmain has run an additional cooling components on that side of the boards as well which we dont have. Other signs are that there are screw hols that arent being used that follow the same design as the otherside heatsink on the s3 which if there is no additional heatsink that is being used on that side then those screw hols wouldnt be there at all since they arent needed.

now i got refunded for my issues with bitmain. I said i would update this thread but i wont outright delete this thread because it is info that is needed. i also stated that i will revise it when an agreement is reached. so i will go do that now.

Edit: S5 has some sort 80c cut off issue?
Yes, it's not a problem to discuss the future of hardware in the hardware section. But it does seem off-topic to talk about stuff not pertaining to miner sellers trustworthiness in this particular thread.

I think it shows a lot of confidence to the community that a fabricator comes here and TALKS openly without any fear, (not here to abuse or chuck shit around) but to talk about the nature of hardware. I would buy from you unreservedly and that is directly related to the thread. As soon as you have units available for sale I will be recommending Gekkoscience.

Feel free to take as much liberty here as you like it all goes to credibility of your offerings. Bitmain, Spondoolies regularly chime in here on and off topic again allows consumers to judge and decide who they would trust. Also note self-moderated threads are allowed to BE OFF TOPIC as per the rules even though Dogie has blown the police whistle here on this thread more than once or twice on posts the rules are that the OP can go off topic and others are welcome to follow that lead to a point. There is a lot of value in this discussion as it relates to being trustworthy.
legendary
Activity: 1456
As long as I have resources available to keep making for the small miners, I'm gonna. When solving blocks is the sole domain of rich guys I might just walk away from bitcoin entirely, but not until it becomes impossible. I've already had someone with money asking me (a month or so ago) about the feasibility of making their own chips and building miners for their own farm; said someone is interested in our miner designs and might end up contributing to the overall project. If it turns into a relationship able to sponsor chip fab (unlikely but not impossible), I could redirect our take from that work to use some of those chips for affordable and non-crappy miners to sell to whoever I want. That'd be alright.

Yes, it's not a problem to discuss the future of hardware in the hardware section. But it does seem off-topic to talk about stuff not pertaining to miner sellers trustworthiness in this particular thread.

I would love to see you get your own chip if at all possible at some point.  I think it would be a good product for the community.  I would guess it could be pretty pricy though.

Would be nice to see you own every part of the hardware you put out as far as design and chips.  But I realize that is a massive undertaking.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
As long as I have resources available to keep making for the small miners, I'm gonna. When solving blocks is the sole domain of rich guys I might just walk away from bitcoin entirely, but not until it becomes impossible. I've already had someone with money asking me (a month or so ago) about the feasibility of making their own chips and building miners for their own farm; said someone is interested in our miner designs and might end up contributing to the overall project. If it turns into a relationship able to sponsor chip fab (unlikely but not impossible), I could redirect our take from that work to use some of those chips for affordable and non-crappy miners to sell to whoever I want. That'd be alright.

I dunno. Maybe. If a revolution results from me doing what I want to do for folks, then yes. Otherwise, no, but I'm still gonna do what I want to do. I wouldn't take the same deal that was offered to Spondoolies because I think being a publicly traded company is stupid, and nobody will ever be able to pay for the right to make decisions about my company. I doubt we'd get to having our own chip fab anytime soon - if ever - because I'm unwilling to take in outside investment money, especially on things that aren't guaranteed, so I'll have to settle for buying chips from the big guys. But if we ever get to being able to mass-produce our own miners affordably you can bet the prices we offer to million-dollar farms will be the same as we offer to mom and pop. No selling out, and no favoritism for the rich. If that way of doing business becomes a revolution, the more the merrier. All I can guarantee is there'll be at least one outfit doing it.

But there's no real reason to clutter up your thread with off-topic opinions.

No this thread is a going the way of the dodo soon as there will be only 1 or 2 sources of hardware for the little guy left at the end of the spring and more likely ZERO left in early 2016, except those flogging used units and possibly scraping together what chips are left over and making USB miners for education. I think it is fair to debate the direction of HARDWARE in the HARDWARE section.

---

Well there is reckoning coming. Chips won't be available much longer. I bet your version of the home miner being offered will be the last. Avalon/Bitmain/Sfards are looking for mergers/deals where they go 100% mining farm or partner with those who want massive farms. Bitmain has farms and Sfards/Avalon will as well as they are located in China if they don't already. If they don't they are dead by 2016. The winter is coming John Snow. No chips, no mom and pops, but that has been said a million times before by a million people more visionary than me since 2013 or even earlier.
legendary
I dunno. Maybe. If a revolution results from me doing what I want to do for folks, then yes. Otherwise, no, but I'm still gonna do what I want to do. I wouldn't take the same deal that was offered to Spondoolies because I think being a publicly traded company is stupid, and nobody will ever be able to pay for the right to make decisions about my company. I doubt we'd get to having our own chip fab anytime soon - if ever - because I'm unwilling to take in outside investment money, especially on things that aren't guaranteed, so I'll have to settle for buying chips from the big guys. But if we ever get to being able to mass-produce our own miners affordably you can bet the prices we offer to million-dollar farms will be the same as we offer to mom and pop. No selling out, and no favoritism for the rich. If that way of doing business becomes a revolution, the more the merrier. All I can guarantee is there'll be at least one outfit doing it.

But there's no real reason to clutter up your thread with off-topic opinions.
To be fair, the question was for the most part rhetorical, and a commentary on making yourself sound important by adding a lot of syllables to a really common task. I know they do a whole lot more, but to use that many big words to say "mining farm" is pretty clearly self-inflation.

Agreed. Grin

As for the rest those that fight to keep the big WalMart out to save the mom and pop stores are fighting a noble battle and one that really can be won. In this battle I don't see how it can be won unless mom and pop team up with WalMart to at least get the chips.

Bitmain will take the same deal if offered as Spondoolies.
Avalon will take the same deal if offered as Spondoolies.

Who does that leave the consumer or this community?

The only way for you vision to work is to collectivize / socialize your mom & pop shops and build & design your own chips. Unfortunately that would require millions of dollars and a team. Given the economies on chips and hardware trying to overcome the head start these other companies who are transitioning and transitioned I don't see a lot of potential for making enough to pay wages of those who are putting in their time and effort.

You can try but at some point those Bitmain and Avalon chips are going to be overpriced and more likely they will just dry up as BitFury chips did one day they exist the next day they don't. Mining is a dead end for an individual users unless a large number of people volunteer time and money to change that dynamic are you going to lead that revolution?
legendary
To be fair, the question was for the most part rhetorical, and a commentary on making yourself sound important by adding a lot of syllables to a really common task. I know they do a whole lot more, but to use that many big words to say "mining farm" is pretty clearly self-inflation.

Regarding Spondoolies, it's mostly from an engineering standpoint. They're the only company that's made a single large chip work well so far, partly because they built the darn thing to run at 120C continuous to avoid exotic cooling requirements. In general, I don't like high power density and the constraints that puts on a system. Tiny inefficient fans, really low intake temperatures to avoid cooling issues, stuff like that. I don't like BGA packages. I don't like that they require multi-phase 200A DC-DC converters. I don't like the nonstandard IO protocol with its own FPGA implementation. I don't like complexity because it adds cost and a lot of potential failure points.

I'm impressed that they've gotten the efficiency they did out of the Rockerbox and its regulator requirements. I'm impressed that they can keep a chip running that's dissipating well over 100W through about one square inch of surface area using only forced air and a standard heatsink. I also, as mentioned, have nothing to complain about regarding the effectiveness of their customer support - those guys are on the ball. But I would much rather see a more modular miner with a matrix of small chips. I won't say "Well here's how I'd do it if I was gonna do it" because there's enough of that in the thread where I am doing it. But I'll probably never build a miner around a Spondoolies chip if they keep doing chips the same way, even if their chips are awesome, because the complexities required to power and interface to them tend to violate our general engineering philosophy of simplicity and durability.

I also lean heavily toward supporting individual miners rather than large businesses. I will admit that most of our income from power supplies has come from bulk customers, but about half of that bulk business was resellers with more visible outlets than our own boring website and forum presence. I don't like supporting the big guy, and we got into selling server PSUs so individuals could get quality power for cheaper than the retail options they'd previously been stuck with. My hosting facility actually has a maximum per-customer power draw, not a minimum, and an open-shelving setup to accomodate any kind of hardware, because I don't want to share out our space to rich guys with their stacks of fancy rack-mounted gear - that's the whole reason we set up that side of the shop to begin with. So I know it's what literally everyone is doing, and I know the internally-focused economic reasons for it, but I also can't fully endorse anyone that bails on individuals in favor of catering to a handful of wealthy industrial customers.

That's my opinion. I'm well aware that my opinions are generally polar opposite to going trends. There's more Spondoolies stuff hosted on my shelves right now than any other manufacturer, so the customers have spoken for sure, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
donator
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051
Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs
... I pretty much disagree with most of the decisions Spondoolies has made so far.
?
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
This should come as no surprise, trouble is, several people saw this opportunity a long time ago so they're way behind the curve.

Its a shame that individuals will lose out but it was inevitable if you chose to effectively finance companies that didn't care about the little guy by buying their products.
That doesn't actually answer my question.

But four things I love above all else are one-stop-shops (O Glorious WalMart!), publicly traded companies, management speak (like "leveraging" and "strategic partner"), and feigning approval in a highly sarcastic manner. Call me old-fashioned but I'm gonna have to pass on that one. To be completely honest, aside from their effective customer service, I pretty much disagree with most of the decisions Spondoolies has made so far.

Didn't say I liked it or it was good for anyone other than those companies. Just said it is how the market will go.

As for your question. Better ask Guy if you want to know more or do not want to read about what there potential merger partner does in the Bitcoin economy. Are they just a huge mine? I think there is more to it than that given their website.

I am pretty much resigned to the fact Bitcoin mining companies will all adapt / be absorbed into larger and larger entities until you have one or two companies that dictate the network it has always been a rich persons game if you even go back to CPU / FPGA days. I didn't see many poor people mining did you?

Anyhow Bitmain / Avalon etc won't be able to compete in the ever shrinking marketplace if there are deals where those that farm bitcoins also own all the fabrication. That is something that is not going to be stopped. BitFury KnC etc... that is how it goes. If you are building then selling you are dead in the water come 2016.

Personally distributed mining in the hands of EVERYONE on the planet is the only fair and equitable way to run bitcoin properly. That will never happen and was never intended to happen given expectations by Satoshi. Bitcoin is fundamentally flawed in that respect.
legendary
That doesn't actually answer my question.

But four things I love above all else are one-stop-shops (O Glorious WalMart!), publicly traded companies, management speak (like "leveraging" and "strategic partner"), and feigning approval in a highly sarcastic manner. Call me old-fashioned but I'm gonna have to pass on that one. To be completely honest, aside from their effective customer service, I pretty much disagree with most of the decisions Spondoolies has made so far.
So "BTCS is a blockchain technology company that provides transaction verification services for digital currency", doesn't that just mean "BTCS solves blocks"?

http://www.btcs.com/index.php

Check em out here Sidehack.

They do more than verify transactions.
legendary
So "BTCS is a blockchain technology company that provides transaction verification services for digital currency", doesn't that just mean "BTCS solves blocks"?
Has Spondoolies seen the hardware writing on the wall and made a deal to keep it viable?

Interesting and probably bad news for any Spondoolies competition seeing as how they will have more than miners in their product portfolio. This is the future of mining consolidation beyond pools, clouds and hardware farms.

I wonder how this will shake out longer term?

Will we see others like BitFury and Bitmain do the same?

http://www.spondoolies-tech.com/blogs/news

Big News Regarding the Future of Spondoolies-Tech

Spondoolies-Tech Signs Letter of Intent to Merge with Bitcoin Shop
Fully Integrated Transaction Verification Services Business Expected to Drive Diversification and Revenue Growth

Dear Bicknellski,

Big things are happening on our end.

In these very moments, we are publishing a very important press release with the different media outlets and wanted share the great news with you as well.

The content of the press release can be found below.

If you have any questions feel to reach out to us by email, facebook, or twitter.

Best Regards,

Guy Corem and the Spondoolies-Tech Team

Arlington, VA – (Marketwired – April 28, 2015) – Bitcoin Shop, Inc. (OTCQB: BTCS) (“BTCS” or the “Company”), a blockchain technology company that engages in transaction verification services, announced today that it has signed a Letter of Intent (“LOI”) to merge with Spondoolies-Tech Ltd (“Spondoolies”), a digital currency server manufacturer. BTCS is embarking on a mission to build a fully integrated transaction verification services business using Spondoolies' state-of-the-art bitcoin mining technology. In the bitcoin network, transactions are typically verified by operators of specially designed servers which ensure speed, efficiency, security and accuracy. Currently, there are only five companies globally manufacturing these servers and Spondoolies is widely recognized as a leader in the space. Both companies believe the anticipated combination of BTCS and Spondoolies will create the world’s first publicly traded company to produce Bitcoin transaction verification equipment and deploy Bitcoin mining resources. The merger is subject to a number of conditions, including satisfactory completion of diligence and execution of definitive agreements. There can be no assurance that the conditions to closing will be satisfied or merger will be completed.

“Our key goal in 2014 was to create the partnerships needed to build an ecosystem and start laying the foundation to put our vision into place,” said Charles Allen, CEO of BTCS. “Once completed, our merger with Spondoolies would be a significant leap forward in making this ecosystem a reality. We believe this merger once completed would create significant value for BTCS and Spondoolies shareholders, customers, and employees and serve to accelerate the strategic plans in which both companies have invested. As a collective, our next objective will be to complete the development and production of a next generation chip to drive our transaction verification services business and to generate revenue from the combination.”

“Over the last several months, we've worked closely with Charles Allen and the BTCS team to establish the nature of our potential partnership,” said Guy Corem, CEO of Spondoolies. “The synergy between the teams is amazing. I have the utmost of confidence that together we will build a very successful and prosperous company by growing and expanding our business beyond bitcoin mining equipment.”

About BTCS:
BTCS is a blockchain technology company that provides transaction verification services for digital currency. BTCS is building a universal digital currency platform with the goal of enabling users to engage in the digital currency ecosystem through one point of access. BTCS continues to actively partner and integrate with strategic digital currency technology companies who provide products or services that are complementary to its business strategy. BTCS operates its public beta site (www.btcs.com) where consumers can purchase products using digital currency such as bitcoin, litecoin and dogecoin, by searching through a selection of over 250,000 items. For more information visit: www.btcs.com

About Spondoolies-Tech:
Founded in 2013 by a group of Israeli high-tech veterans, Spondoolies is a digital currency hardware manufacturer. Spondoolies raised ten million dollars in capital from leading Israeli venture capital firms and assembled a team of leaders in the Israeli Semiconductor industry, with the goal of building the infrastructure on which digital currencies will flourish. Building bitcoin transaction verifying servers from the bottom up, Spondoolies is producing machines that are designed for efficiency and performance. During 2014, Spondoolies successfully launched five different products.

Forward Looking Statements:
Certain statements in this press release constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Words such as "may," "might," "will," "should," "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate," "continue," "predict," "forecast," "project," "plan," "intend" or similar expressions, or statements regarding intent, belief, or current expectations, are forward-looking statements. While the Company believes these forward-looking statements are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on any such forward-looking statements, which are based on information available to us on the date of this release. These forward looking statements are based upon current estimates and assumptions and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, including without limitation those set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, not limited to Risk Factors relating to its digital currency business contained therein. Thus, actual results could be materially different. The Company expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.

BTCS Investor Relations:
Michal Handerhan
Bitcoin Shop, Inc.
(202) 430-6576
[email protected]

Spondoolies Media Relations:
Stefanie Guzikowski
E & G Public Relations, LLC
(603) 501-0052
[email protected]
Copyright © 2015 Spondoolies-Tech, All rights reserved.
Pages:
Jump to: