Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 127. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 101
There is no one universal answer to this questions. The variables are way too much. Sometimes ICOs hit hard cap and open below ICO price (+discounts). It depends on whether you are buying with fresh fiat money or BTC/ETH. It depends whether it is a bull market or bear market.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

I think it's better to buy when the project hits the exchange market. You will see real demand of the token/coin (project), I have noticed a lot of projects claim specific price in whitepaper, but when it hits the markets, it is totally different, most of them much lower and no where near the price, that was claimed in a whitepaper! If you are a trader you shouldn't risk investing in ICO, as it is called a cat in the bag, low probability that you will invest right and get your profit straight away, once the coin/token hits exchange market! It might take ages for the project/coin/token to work and reach the price, that had been claimed, as written in a whitepaper 

Yes its true what you said above but the risk and reward of both two strategy is different.
Joining in ico can give us good and more income if the price up because we get the low ico price and also bonus from ico.
But the risk is also higher.
Buy in market also good but its not always down and also no bonus to buy it when market.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
mostly ico price from the token is dropping when listed on exchange because of bounty hunters, they will sell out their token and thats the good time for buying the dip

So true and if you don't wanna undergo in kyc this will be advisable for you.

Personally, even there's always a big discount in pre sale or in main sale I didn't participate it as first I don't want to be get scam and second I don't want headaches that joining ico can give you. Like in the end of the day, you'll demand a refund.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
In my own point of view I think it is better to buy  during  the ico  because  it is more  of benefit  because  the token might  be of low and later when get to market.it will surely  be of profit  for the buyer at the time of been exchange
Activity: 363
Cryptocurrency is Dilema
mostly ico price from the token is dropping when listed on exchange because of bounty hunters, they will sell out their token and thats the good time for buying the dip
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

buy in the first week of launch market. Many people sell at low price. YOu will get  a lot of profit because sometimes the price is cheaper than ICO price. The first lauch of FYP token is very cheap after a month is only about 5 % increase but then after two or three months , fyp jump to 100 %.
Activity: 223
according to this, It depends on the ICO whether it will work or not specifically if it has great potential in the future. But for me, it's better to buy during ICO because it has a lot of privileges and bonuses at that time than in the market. And Volatility is high and there is a possibility the market is just trying to get rid of tokens in reaction to external forces. Wait until there is stability in the market.
Activity: 154
In the crypto money world, this is actually the strategy that investors apply. ico I think the market is the most sensible form of investment. During the ico period you get bonus benefits when you buy coins. so ico is better
Activity: 229
Every investor pay attention on the idea of the project and it’s future success. If it has good chances and possibilities to have future market success, investor will buy tokens even in ICO stage and as a result will get huge profit.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102

#Datarius

Hi!
It is true, it is better to by coins/tokens on exchange after ICO and there are two positive things there:
1. As you mentioned above, price usually lower on the market rather then on ICO;
2. The fact that project went to the exchange, mekes it more trasted instrument of investment. So, less likely that project would be a scam.
Activity: 161
Firstly every investor pay attention on the idea of the project and it’s future success. If it has good chances and possibilities to have future market success, investor will buy tokens even in ICO stage and as a result will get huge profit.
Activity: 20
ICO if a good product.
Activity: 357
Merit: 260

#Datarius

Yes, that is possible because it depends on the status of the project. If their project has a potential to hit in the market why not? That's good, maybe it is better to invest a big amount. During the ICO, you can see there if the project were going to be successful, you can see the progress of the token sale, if many people want to invest on in, the project are near to success that's  a good sign.
Activity: 420
Buying during the ICO,will give you advantage of buying with bonus. If the ICO is promising then when your coins or token grows in Price you will make more profit. If you buy on the exchange, it will be more expensive and you will not have the benefit of buying any bonus.
Activity: 350
Best time to buy is during Pre ico because is very cheap
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
At the current period, it is better to buy ICO after the release at the market. Except if you get a very big bonus compare to the last investors.
Last year, it was very profitable to buy the coins at the ICO, because the crypto market was in the uptrend. It depends of the crypto market.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
There are many tokens that are dumped below ICO price once they got listed on exchanges, especially decentralized exchanges.
So you can try buying tokens when it is distributed. You have good change to get it at discount prices.
Activity: 736
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

#Datarius

Yes many of the coins that have an ICOs when they enter at the market, the price become lower than their ICO price but some can give a high profit when they enter at the market. That's why it is important to study first the ICO before investing so that you didn't regret on what is the price may become in the market. If it fall from the ICO price but the project is good it is better to hold it or buy more because it is also a chance to grab this while in low price because it can also increase anytime depending on the support of its community to the project.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
It happens that when you go to the exchanges, the coin starts to trade x2 and more, then the chance to buy it at the price of ICO is not great. And one more thing, it happens that unsold tokens are distributed among investors and when entering the exchange, the price is the same as for ICO, but it is cheaper for investors!
Activity: 143
To my knowledge, ICO time will start the price will be
stable and if ICO will end the price must come down rapidly because many holders of medium-sized shareholders will sell, upside down with middle-upper stockholders will chase prices as low as low.
if at the market price it will not necessarily the price of rising because all the circles of middle and lower middle-income shareholders must be gathered in the market and not waiting ICO will be completed.
Jump to: