Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 131. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
There are projects who run ICO and enlist on exchanges simultaneously.
And the price for tokens of ICO is fixed.
So investors can compare prices and buy tokens where it is profitable for them.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
I am not an Investor. But I joined several bounty programs in a telegram. On that group, I've seen many investors complained that the ICO price was dropped after ICO end.
Another investor then replied that he bought the token after ICO end, it's more cheapest than ICO price. So, the point is, I think these days its' better to wait until ICO end to buy the tokens.
Activity: 375
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
This may depend on the potential of the project of the project is promising why bot invest on it but if you want to invest on the project but they do not have working product yet why not wait for it to the market and then buy it yhen hodl and sell
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

I dont think it always be the case. Some ICO had the price dropped as soon as it hits the market. While some other ICOs had their price went up and never reach its ICO price ever again. So I guess you cant just generalize it like that. To me it is pure luck, even good project has bad price
Activity: 219
Merit: 10
I used to take part in many ICOs, but over time, when I entered the stock exchange, the coin began to fall strongly in price, I do not know why this happens, probably the investors who bought on pre-ico are selling. Now I buy tokens when they go to the stock exchange.
Activity: 133
Sincerely, it all depends on the potential and hype of a project. Some projects are listed and starts trading below ico price because it doesn't have enough potentials while some other projects starts trading way above ico price. Example of a  project that traded above ico price is wanchain
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
It depends on the Project. Mostly if its a new coins with a own blockchain, buying on ICO its the best price. On Initial Token Offerings, i just buy when theres no or just a small bounty pool. If theres a huge bounty pool, you can be shure that the most bounty hunters will dump their coin ond forkdelta. So then you can buy the Token for 50% or less of the Initial Token Offering price. Or you can participate by yourself on the bounty campaign
Activity: 1
Best altcoin on 2018, honestly you could debate it for several days and never find out since there are a lot of great one’s out there, it’s up to personal preference mostly but innovation plays a part in it. My favourite this year is mtc since it’s community driven and eco friendly which in the growth of market is invaluable. It’s a based on the community, which makes it invaluable in social growth and social hacking. The ICO is extremely well done and the response from the community has been to say the least amazing. Marinecoin has a ICO in which you can earn 20,000 mtc by performing PoP tasks, it’s recurring every day with plans to expand it further onto other platforms alongside btc as much as I know. The artificial intelligence which is the core of the Marinecoin, checks the post afterwards for proof of promotion to ensure that you didn’t just post random words with all of the keywords just chucked in there. It’s the first of it’s kind in terms of crypto-currencies that employs a artificial intelligence to ensure true machine to machine transaction technology.It’s really next-gen and solves major issues such as slow transactions since it’s up to 500 times faster than Bitcoin’s blockchain. Almost always has zero fees on all transactions. Another major plus is that it includes the time dilution technology that it utilizes, it’s a new thing in the crypto market so it’s obviously a innovation that is worth paying attention to rather than just going for the usual farm like crazy mindset. I’ve already invested in it and plan to keep going as it’s one of the cryptocoins that worth HODLing. So yeah it’s got ways to go but I see great things in it’s future.
Activity: 58
It will depend on information available to you and bonuses offered, sometimes its better to go to the market and sometimes during an ico.
Activity: 154
more safe to buy tokens during market. you actually have more information about project
but if you want to earn much money it is better to buy during ICO. You just have to invest in the best ICO. I recently found one project called  lccx.io - looks like promising exchange based in London.  Well developed white paper, experienced team, located in politically stable jurisdiction.
Activity: 50
more safe to buy tokens during market. you actually have more information about project
Activity: 658
It is more profitable and more sensible to buy you ICO when different incentives like bonuses and future airdrop  is given to the early investors ! If when your ICO hit the market and tank,  then you could buy more and average down.  Always remember first mover advantage.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 504
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

You are right. Most ICO tokens are dumped when they are listed on IDEX.
One reason is that more and more tokens can't sell out during ICOs, which shows there is no much interest in it.
Another reason is some tokens are sold with big discount during presale.
The ICOs that is good to invest is the most hype icos but that has a big fundamental like the coins before, BLZ and Wanchain which has gained more than the ico price much more for early investors. It is good to invest on those kind of Ico but don't forget you still not sure if it will have no any problem or the other thing is wait on the exchange if it drops.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501

#Datarius

You are right. Most ICO tokens are dumped when they are listed on IDEX.
One reason is that more and more tokens can't sell out during ICOs, which shows there is no much interest in it.
Another reason is some tokens are sold with big discount during presale.
Activity: 686
Merit: 262
I agree with your statement. It is advisable to buy a coin after it has been listed on exchange. The reason behind that is that most of the bounty participants sell their tokens immediately after it is listed on exchange. This results in the huge dump of the coin and it starts losing its value.
But, this only stands true for the ICOs that pay bounty participants in their tokens. On the other hand, BTC paying ICOs do not feel this heat as all of the tokens are distributed to the investors. Datecoin and Eligma are two such ICOs which are distributing BTCs instead of their tokens and hence we can expect their price to not fall as much once they are listed on exchange.
That is why it is advisable to thoroughly research about the coin you are going to invest in. It is your money and should be used wisely.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

This is now the trend and even a most promising project could even hit 50% below ICO price when it hit exchanges and the reason, as you explained. I think it's a good decision to buy on ICO (just to make yourself sure you are part of ypur chosen project) and buy even more when it hit exchanges or say, when the hunters dump it all.

Kinda depends on where the project is listed on first. Imagine if it was listed in Binance immediately, the entry price would skyrocket immediately, and in that case buying at an ICO would be cheaper.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257

#Datarius

This is now the trend and even a most promising project could even hit 50% below ICO price when it hit exchanges and the reason, as you explained. I think it's a good decision to buy on ICO (just to make yourself sure you are part of ypur chosen project) and buy even more when it hit exchanges or say, when the hunters dump it all.
Activity: 912
It all depends on whether you have available funds. If so, you can invest in a prospective ICO project and profit from it. If you do not have the means to invest, then you will be helped to participate in bounty campaigns in order to get tokens.
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
“Blockchain Connection Framework”
Is it better to buy during ICO or Market?  Buying at ICO is relatively cheap price than in Market, but the price can be uncertain at any time can change and to buy in the market its price is certain if my knowledge so far.

That's right, if your question is when is the "better" time to buy, then ICO period, no doubt. I say that because when it becomes public, and the token is open in the market, its price points balloons to about triple or even more of its value during its ICO period, so if you are looking for it as an investment, then it would always be better to buy while it's low. However, this consideration is with the ideal scenario that it will be a successful project as supposed to one that will fail. So, it's very critical that you choose a good project before buying, because whether you buy in the ICO period or the market period, would not be significant if the project would turn out to be a failure.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
it depends. if project is really good and if you think that there wont be an opportunity to buy it cheaper when it is listed in an exchange you should try to buy from ico. i dont like to buy from ico so much nowadays because i hate kyc. i dont like to share my id details with anybody.
Jump to: