Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 56. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 107
The ICO market was quite in a bad state in the past months. Looks like ICOs are getting more attention again. During the bear market, I usually waited for the ICO to hit the market since the price usually dropped.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
Of course, bounty hunters immediately sell their coins, but this is normal. If the project is promising, the price of the tokens will go up.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
There such coins that pumped when hiting the exchanges. But I have to admit that there also loser coin when they was unfortunately being controlled by shark like Exacoin.
So this is the advice.
if you invest ico, make sure the project have the ability to hit exchange, because once it can do that, as my personal experience, it will pump right in the first day of hitting and after that will dump alittle, dont be so greedy, sell it went the price x3 or x4, you cant not expect to sell in the top because you never know where will be the top. After that when you get back your capital just play with the rest.

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
I think it all depends on the situation.  If the market is unstable as it is now and the price of coins is very low, then it is better to buy coins on the market than to risk and invest in ICO.
Activity: 41
If you want to earn more profit then of course you have to take higher risk and buy from ICO or even pre ICO. The advantage of buying on ICO is that the price is really good but be careful to control the token to make sure the investment is a good
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
I prefer to buy during ICO, if the project is good, the price will do x5 - x10 of the bought price, and that is a  very huge return. If the project is shitty, then the best thing to do is just to buy as soon as it gets launched, becuase the price will be cheap
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 2
Nowadays ICO investments are not attractive anymore. The price tends to decrease once it gets to the market so the only profit you can benefit is the bonus. Sometimes too they get to the market and they are not able to perform well because the team is not able to push the project forward.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
That mostly depends on what current market state is. If market cap is falling and ICO tokens are listed then it would probably be a smarter thing to buy tokens from market, and vise versa.
Activity: 392
The problem is that it is very difficult to predict in advance where the price will be more profitable. I prefer not to take risks at the ICO stage, this gives an opportunity to get bonuses or discounts. But there is also a possibility that after the release on the exchange, the price of tokens may temporarily decrease.
Activity: 532
Merit: 254
Investors are people that different from trader, if they knew the product of ICO are really potential they don't really care about pump and dump from impatient short desires people, because investors know true value of ICO.
Activity: 504
Merit: 12
In the current market, it is better to buy the project tokens after ISO and buy not immediately upon entering the stock exchange, but a little later. Most of the tokens now immediately after logging on to the exchange, the price falls at times, even for successful projects.
Activity: 45
The price on the market is often half the price of the Ico. Sometimes even less. And many experienced investors buy coins by buying on the exchanges.
Activity: 588
It seems to me worth investing in ICO.  If it is a successful company, then you will get a good profit, because in the market the price of these coins will be much higher.

There is risk involved with either of the 2 options. Best is to wight the risks and benefits and make your choice. if I may be biased, I'd too think ICO would be a better investment because of the potential it has.
in any case it seems to me that it is better to be guided by the prospects of the project itself and the relevance of such an idea in society. After all, the fact is that even after the sale of the tokens, the coins start almost in value, so it's better to buy coins during the company's ico and use bonuses. But as a rule there are situations with the exact opposite.
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
I don't think of investing in any project that comes onto the market and doesn't prove itself. Formerly, we used to buy tokens in the ico process and later used to sell it when it came on the market. But now it is obvious that this isn't a profitable method.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500
for sure it is better to buy after ICO end even you have to wait long time (5 -10 months at least ) after the coin listed in different exchange not only one , i had bad experience with many icos last for one year and caused total damage .  
Activity: 98
I would normally avoid investing on ICOs, but if the project looks promising and overall reliable then I could give it a chance, in my opinion, I'd still take way more risks than investing on the cryptocurrency directly for example.
Activity: 66
I think it's better to buy in the pre-sale or even main sale stages because almost all projects offer a discount at buying a specific amount of tokens which you will not have when the token will be listed on exchanges. In my opinion, this opportunity of having a discount, small, but a discount, at purchasing something, gives you an advantage comparing to those people, who will buy the same coin on exchanges
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

Perhaps this will depend on the flow of the ico result, if their token is really potential and has been list at once at the coin marketcap, it means better to buy while their ICO is running, if the token is not in the coinmarketcap yet much better to buy their token in the ico.
Activity: 53
Merit: 4
ico is a form of capital raising, it is risky but can be up to 10 times the initial value, you can buy at the market, but it seems a bit expensive
Activity: 574
it seems that in this situation it is better to buy in the market after opening on the exchanges, because prices fall several times.
Pages:
Jump to: