Author

Topic: Long term vs. Short term - page 113. (Read 11521 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
January 19, 2018, 09:00:53 AM
If you constantly trade on short distances, you can miss an important point.

Personally, I keep coins in which I believe in long, it's primary for me. And already in addition sometimes I raise on short-term positions that again to buy long-term from the received profit.

Look for your personal strategy and stick to it.
I agree with you. Have we not learned from the stories of others who regret selling their coins at a certain time but when they realized the coin pumped so high, It was already too late for them because they already have nothing to sell. I will still prefer to hold and watch how is my coin doing in the market.
Activity: 182
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
January 19, 2018, 08:57:55 AM
I do not do short term. I prefer long term, it will give me more profit. I also do not have more time for daytime trading due to the time demand of my day time job. All my coins are for long term Hold. I see less risk in long term and less regretful because I have plenty of time to observe its performance in the market.
Activity: 196
January 19, 2018, 08:57:18 AM
probably most altcoin for now is a long-term investment because prices are unlikely to go up quickly and all require a process to take some profit
I hold most of my coins for long term and I only sell the one that can bring me much money.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
January 19, 2018, 08:53:45 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
In actual trading of both type can leads into profit as well as loss because here we are not familiar with the future conditions ( like rumours ) that can leads into big dump and also in big pump in the altcoins market and also sometimes in bitcoin market .
So anything is non scripted .
If you will go for long term trading then you will surely needed to have lots of patience because sometimes we need to wait for a coin to jump its price after 1-2 years ( example of 1337 coin @ yobit ) .
And if you will go for the short term trading then here everything will work like the gambling , but surely you will needed to have bulk amount of Money for day trading because in day trading we have to suppose that we will make 2-3% profit atleast , so there remains chances for low profit with less risk stretagy .
Activity: 140
Merit: 15
January 19, 2018, 08:52:29 AM
I keep about 70-80% percent of my money in long term investments. Although short term investments are appealing because they offer huge opportunities to make money, they are incredibly risky as well; so I don't really want to keep worrying about my money doing short term trades all the time.
Activity: 168
January 19, 2018, 08:49:41 AM
In general, I would put the money into three parts, part of the investment of ICO, BTC part of investment, altcoin part of investment, the investment portfolio in the bull market return is amazing, but when a sharp drop in altcoin,BTC also has a small drop.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
January 19, 2018, 08:44:46 AM
I am investing mostly in long term prospective. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano and couple of small ones.

It is very rare for me to invest in something I have no faith in a long run, because if the price don't go in the right direction I have a hard time holding something I don't believe in it. 
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
January 19, 2018, 08:35:56 AM
For long term hold i like BTC, Eth, Litecoin, Dash, Monero. For short term i prefer Omisego, Stratis, Ark, Iota, Cardano and Neo. There are others that fit the short term category, it all depends in preference.
Activity: 378
January 19, 2018, 08:31:59 AM
i do prefer short term because the profit on it was fast but if you are lazy enough why not go for long term one so you can get a lot of profits while waiting on it
Activity: 1176
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
January 19, 2018, 08:30:45 AM
Long play - Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gobyte, Xem(Nem). All are perfect assets.
Short play - altcoins like Ripple, Waves and XNN that are good for trading and buying something.
nice. you provide useful information I think ripple goes into the short term because much speculation comes when the ripple is in the long-term investment class and that's wrong.
Activity: 210
January 19, 2018, 08:28:27 AM
Long play - Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gobyte, Xem(Nem). All are perfect assets.
Short play - altcoins like Ripple, Waves and XNN that are good for trading and buying something.
Activity: 266
January 19, 2018, 08:26:52 AM
If you constantly trade on short distances, you can miss an important point.

Personally, I keep coins in which I believe in long, it's primary for me. And already in addition sometimes I raise on short-term positions that again to buy long-term from the received profit.

Look for your personal strategy and stick to it.
Activity: 164
January 19, 2018, 08:25:57 AM
How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?

If you manage to find a good presale with a huge bonus, it worth thinking about selling after short term but usually you should hold your coins long term if the project has potential..
Activity: 290
January 19, 2018, 08:22:09 AM
i prefer short term because you can get a lot for profit in the short time even it is just 40% or less but if you have a lot of altcoin to sell you can get a lot more profits .on the long term you just need to wait and get profit unlike with short term you dont need to check everytime
Activity: 49
January 19, 2018, 08:17:43 AM
I mainly invest for long term.
At the moments I don't have any coins that I would sell.
I am  holding all long term.
Activity: 56
Merit: 30
January 19, 2018, 08:17:11 AM
I would say Bitcoin and ethereum for long-term and you can take chance with other alt coin for short term. Please suggest me some good alt coins , thank you.
Activity: 644
January 19, 2018, 08:16:25 AM
All depends on your free time and patience. I cant hodl anything except BTC for long-term. Now I'm looking for few coins to invest part for long-term on ICO.
Activity: 252
January 19, 2018, 08:14:32 AM
Well it depends on your portfolio. If your portfolio is have a big funds I suggest you go for 80% long term and the other 20% is for short term.
Activity: 108
January 19, 2018, 07:13:04 AM
For me coins for long-term are Bitcoin and Top Altcoins like Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, , LiteCoin, Dash etc. These coins although already more expensive but they on top because of the trade volume that keeps on.that's good profit after few months or a year.
Activity: 406
January 18, 2018, 01:32:37 PM
There are two things that many people often confuse - investing and trading. Long terms are an investment. You need to study the project well, understand the real time and forget about it for a while. Any short term is a trade. This is a more risky exercise. Good profits can be obtained in both cases. It all depends on the desire and temperament.
Jump to: