Pages:
Author

Topic: Merit "trading" - buying and selling Bitcointalk merit - page 27. (Read 36191 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 2
can you discuss to me what is merit all about? thankyou Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 12
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

"Trading" merit will undermine this and render it eventually useless.

Keep contributing!

I agree that merit is a good thing, due to reduction of low quality posts. And trading isn't an issue, because everything is checked and controlled by forum moderators (hopefully) and they'll cut off such actions. But there are some other problems: people give merits quite seldom, if we compare to "likes" on fb, and it would be great if people truly gave merits for what they like. But the thing is - lost of people barely even read others posts, or even if they do they don't feel like meriting someone due to rivalry. But I like the conception and I hope that it will go off well.

Yes I definitely see the point of rivalry and there is of course the element of scarcity - because as you said Facebook likes are a limitless commodity so people usually give them freely. But even there sometimes people don't give a like because of jealousy. So it is similar in a way.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 622
Very interesting to see the reactions to the newly introduced concept of merit as an additional indicator of account maturity and quality beyond just pure number of posts / activity. While this was introduced to increase post quality it has of course created a counter movement and a market place for "trading" merit - for money.
So this is just a reminder for everyone that the introduction of merit is a GOOD thing because it will help improve the quality of this forum for everybody.

Keep contributing!

I agree that merit is a good thing, due to reduction of low quality posts. And trading isn't an issue, because everything is checked and controlled by forum moderators (hopefully) and they'll cut off such actions. But there are some other problems: people give merits quite seldom, if we compare to "likes" on fb, and it would be great if people truly gave merits for what they like. But the thing is - lost of people barely even read others posts, or even if they do they don't feel like meriting someone due to rivalry. But I like the conception and I hope that it will go off well.
Activity: 476
Merit: 259
Merit was made to determine one's post quality.
If someone buys and sells merit it means that he abuses the system.
I can guess that Merit trading is forbidden and those who try to trade Merit will probably get their thread to be deleted.

Merit also very helpful as it gives users the option to thank other users for their posts.
An ability that wasn't available before.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
Indirectly "sMerit" is given to the person who plays a role behind an account. If it is sold then the account changes character because of owner change. And it will be different sMerit to get, the new owner can get faster sMerit because more qualified or otherwise never again get sMerit.
Activity: 70
Merit: 12

Keep contributing!

Pages:
Jump to: