Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 293. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I have motherboard GA-MA770T-UD3P and 5x RX 470. I can boot and mining with 4 cards fine but when I add 5th card there is a problem. Tryed another same mainboard but nothing changed

I have no idea. Can you help me please? Mainboard support 5th card i saw somebody have this board on his rigs.
Try those settings:
1) Make sure you're running the latest BIOS!
2) Enable 4G
3) Set PCIe support to "Auto" - DO NOT MANUALLY SET TO GEN1. THIS CAUSES MAJOR ISSUES
4) Enable onboard graphics startup as first! I believe this is changing "PEG" to "IGD" or something in the Advanced BIOS
5) Plug your monitor into the ONBOARD graphics
6) Use either simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0.imgc or simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enablerc60.imgc (sorry, I don't remember which I used!)
https://simplemining.net/download/

Is the SIA standalone miner more profitable than claymore dual ?
Anyone have some stats ?

Hi Tytanik,
Is the Simplemining download site down??? 
Where can I get old img?

Thanks

Use this link

http://download.simplemining.net/
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I have motherboard GA-MA770T-UD3P and 5x RX 470. I can boot and mining with 4 cards fine but when I add 5th card there is a problem. Tryed another same mainboard but nothing changed

I have no idea. Can you help me please? Mainboard support 5th card i saw somebody have this board on his rigs.
Try those settings:
1) Make sure you're running the latest BIOS!
2) Enable 4G
3) Set PCIe support to "Auto" - DO NOT MANUALLY SET TO GEN1. THIS CAUSES MAJOR ISSUES
4) Enable onboard graphics startup as first! I believe this is changing "PEG" to "IGD" or something in the Advanced BIOS
5) Plug your monitor into the ONBOARD graphics
6) Use either simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enableexe0ANDips0.imgc or simpleminer-RX-v1093-4.11.rc8-16.60-enablerc60.imgc (sorry, I don't remember which I used!)
https://simplemining.net/download/

Is the SIA standalone miner more profitable than claymore dual ?
Anyone have some stats ?

Hi Tytanik,
Is the Simplemining download site down??? 
Where can I get old img?

Thanks
Activity: 65
Anyone have the Asus B250 Mining board and can't get restart to work?  If my system resets overnight, it just goes in a loop instead of automatically mining.  I have to shutdown first in order to get it to work again :/

I'm having the same problem, and neither in the new beta has been solved.
Activity: 847
Merit: 383
I can't get a TB250-BTC+ to boot on this OS?  Anyone have one working?
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Anyone have the Asus B250 Mining board and can't get restart to work?  If my system resets overnight, it just goes in a loop instead of automatically mining.  I have to shutdown first in order to get it to work again :/
Activity: 32
Hey guys, I'm having this very strange and odd behavior on my first 12 GPU rig (TB250-BTC PRO, 1070's). The bios is set up properly, the USB flashed with the latest SMOS but the only thing I get after power-on and ubuntu startup is the following screen with non-ending repeating message... No updates starting, the rig obviously not visible in the web console. I spent the whole day trying all possible stuff... I would appreciate any kind of helping hand here. Thank y alot.

Screen shows:

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS simpleminer tty1

simpleminer login: miner (automatic login)
Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.11.12-041112-generic x86_64)

* Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com
 * Management:    https://landscape.canonical.com
 * Support:           https://ubuntu.com/advantage
There is no screen to be attached matching miner.
[    26.260057] rc.local[776]: /root/utils/rclocal.sh: line 13: [: ==: unary operator expected
[    26.260210] rc.local[776]: /root/utils/rclocal.sh: line 17: [: ==: unary operator expected
[    26.260096] rc.local[776]: /root/utils/rclocal.sh: line 21: [: ==: unary operator expected
etc.

I had the same thing the first time but that was so long ago I don't remember. I would down to 1 card and also make sure your BIOS is set to iGPU (the CPUs GPU) as the default video out. Don't leave that on auto. There were two or three things I had to change in the BIOS on my ASROCK Mining board but after that it was golden.
Activity: 76
You could have a bad riser? Have you unplugging all the cards and just leaving 1 in?
Activity: 49
Not GPU's posted. Check risers first. Start with one GPU and increment... literally.

Hey guys, I'm having this very strange and odd behavior on my first 12 GPU rig (TB250-BTC PRO, 1070's). The bios is set up properly, the USB flashed with the latest SMOS but the only thing I get after power-on and ubuntu startup is the following screen with non-ending repeating message... No updates starting, the rig obviously not visible in the web console. I spent the whole day trying all possible stuff... I would appreciate any kind of helping hand here. Thank y alot.

Screen shows:

[    26.260057] rc.local[776]: /root/utils/rclocal.sh: line 13: [: ==: unary operator expected
[    26.260210] rc.local[776]: /root/utils/rclocal.sh: line 17: [: ==: unary operator expected
[    26.260096] rc.local[776]: /root/utils/rclocal.sh: line 21: [: ==: unary operator expected
etc.
Activity: 6

Screen shows:

etc.
TRY

--rawintensity 1000

omit the "-w 8"

What will that do? I have it working now, I've tried 1000, 1008, 1024, 1156.
1156 gets about 730MH a card where as the others I get 676MH a card.
So no one knows if you can make SGMiner run 2 threads in SMOS? Or a way to get Claymore XMR to work?

I'm just disappointed with the hashrate.. I get almost 31MH/s out of these same RX 580s on ETH. I figure I should be in the 900s for this algo.
Activity: 12
Claymore 10.2 freeze all the time not matter what you do...

Sgminer is just a tad slower but it works beautifully. I'm mining Monero and this works for me:

--no-submit-stale --kernel cryptonight -o xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444 -u yourwallet.yourrig.youremail -p x --rawintensity 1000 -w 8 --text-only
Activity: 1
Good day, Gents,

A quick shout out to simplemining OS - congrats on the project, real easy to start mining. I really love the UX there and simplicity.

However, after ~2weeks of mining I have experienced an issue.

After adding 2 new GPUs to my 8 GPU rig, my miner stopped mining. It started by showing message (after booting up) that "No open gl or cuda devices are found" and keeps restarting itself every 10 sec.

I thought to myself - maybe I should just remove those 2 new cards and I did, but here it gets weird - after removing my new GPUs miner doesn't boot up at all.

In fact, when I am starting it up, it does not show miner even booting up. I have a monitor connected to miner via hdmi, connected straight to motherboard, and not to GPU.

Does anyone know what is going on? Maybe some of you might have experienced something similar?

Hardware I am using:

1. asus b250 mining expert MB (should support 19gpu, but we all know it doesn't)
2. nvdia 1070 GPUs - all of them are the same. I'm not mixing amd with nvidia.
3. 8 class raiser connections

Huge thank you on comments in advance   Roll Eyes
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
does smos support 1050ti ? how many gpu is the max smos can it support ?
thanks

1050ti is supported.

Tytanick did say max 15 x GPUs

1050Ti works nice and stable on SMOS, I have one small rig with them and I am happy. Except for OC function for Nvidia is a pain in the place where the sun doesn't shine sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Is there a way to mine Electroneum with claymore-xmr-v10.2 in SMOS with AMD?

I managed to get my RX 580s to run sgminer-gm-5.5.5 with this string.

--no-submit-stale --kernel cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://electroneum.hashparty.io:7777 -u etnkB5oi7TadHKKrKf5d89M9XLAekyHXNG84Mi2j4Gi7BvohmSrx3CKKjAw2fN1WGXGGgUWWV3HfpLR U1BUAqwW219jmQJQJcT -p x --rawintensity 1152 -w 8 --text-only

The problem is, my hashrate is only 730MH/s, I have tried rawintensity 1000, 1008, 1024, etc. Running 1152 gave me a small boost but it is still bad.
Is there a way to run 2 threads? I tried the below command but I guess 2 threads isn't an option in SMOS?

rawintensity 512 -w 4 -g 2

I should be able to get ~900MH/s out of these cards with the BIOS and OC I have. So if anyone knows a string to get claymore-xmr-v10.2 in SMOS working with AMD cards to mine Electroneum then please get back to me.

Thanks!

TRY

--rawintensity 1000

omit the "-w 8"
Is there a way to mine Electroneum with claymore-xmr-v10.2 in SMOS with AMD?

I managed to get my RX 580s to run sgminer-gm-5.5.5 with this string.

--no-submit-stale --kernel cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://electroneum.hashparty.io:7777 -u etnkB5oi7TadHKKrKf5d89M9XLAekyHXNG84Mi2j4Gi7BvohmSrx3CKKjAw2fN1WGXGGgUWWV3HfpLR U1BUAqwW219jmQJQJcT -p x --rawintensity 1152 -w 8 --text-only

The problem is, my hashrate is only 730MH/s, I have tried rawintensity 1000, 1008, 1024, etc. Running 1152 gave me a small boost but it is still bad.
Is there a way to run 2 threads? I tried the below command but I guess 2 threads isn't an option in SMOS?

rawintensity 512 -w 4 -g 2

I should be able to get ~900MH/s out of these cards with the BIOS and OC I have. So if anyone knows a string to get claymore-xmr-v10.2 in SMOS working with AMD cards to mine Electroneum then please get back to me.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
thanks

1050ti is supported.

Tytanick did say max 15 x GPUs
Activity: 34
thanks
Activity: 93
I deleted a RIG in the admin panel and flashed a new copy of SMOS but the rig was not added to my admin panel. Also, it's mining the same coin it was mining before I delete it.

How can I fix it?

Try to change email address or use a default one, power it up and then change back to yours. Should work then.

Fixed, thanks for your help Smiley

Activity: 81
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
I deleted a RIG in the admin panel and flashed a new copy of SMOS but the rig was not added to my admin panel. Also, it's mining the same coin it was mining before I delete it.

How can I fix it?

Try to change email address or use a default one, power it up and then change back to yours. Should work then.
Jump to: