Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 296. (Read 835509 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi,
I got surprising result after DAG fix on my 13 gpu rig.its my/s increased from 300 to 354.
I have 6 Nvidia p106 rigs also. I want to know when the similar DAG fix shall be available on SMOS? Also please add claymore 10.2 xmr for NVDIA cards. It looks like most of the provided program and fixes are for and cards
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
Any eta when this will be added:

Latest version is v10.1:

- now if miner has to recreate DAG for devfee, new DAG generation time will be included in devfee time.
- improved "-gser" option, now you can set custom delay between DAG generation on GPUs, check Readme for details.
- added detailed stats about rejected shares per GPU ("s" key).
- added "-logsmaxsize" option.
- fixed issues with "-r -1" option value.
- EthMan: added detailed stats mode in web server.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
Is it possible to add a second server as a failover using smos?
I just add second pool in miner option, it's working, pools are switching but pool dont see worker name

could you elaborate? what miner options.... worker name is irrelevant to me, but I'd like it to change server if one goes down.
Activity: 2
hi guys, im having some trouble setting up some rigs with biostar motherboard and RX580 Msi Cards.. all rigs got the same problem, GPU 0 shows a lower value than other cards and the data in the panel is not matching the info in the screen.. its not my first mining rig with smos and the problem is with 5 new rigs..
Activity: 56
Hoping someone can help out with a question: does SMOS support rigs with a mix of AMD and Nvidia GPUs in one rig? I see that there are different versions of SMOS available for download and that they are gpu specific, so logically, one can only have same type cards in a single rig. However, I’ve read somewhere that folks have been able to get SMOS to recognize 6 Nvidia and 6 RX card in a 12 GPU rig on AsRock H110 mobo.

ANSWERED on chat.simplemining.net: TLDR; not possible at the moment. However, possible on Linux with some tweaks. Googling on... Smiley
Activity: 3
What hashrate are you getting if mining eth and what are you oc settings? Bios mod? Thank you! I have the same cards as you but I can't go above 28 in windows for the majority. Even though I have cards that go at 30 with the same settings and mod.

Hello to all,

I have 12 x sapphire nitro rx580 4gb overclocked gpu’s, H110 asRock motherboard, 8gb ram, and I’m running rig through SMOS, I’m mining ZEN coin and when I start to mine looks like everything is fine. But after 4-6 hours is just crash, restart and show on screen:

GPU#0 IS GOING TO USE TOO HIGH INTENSITY (6), NOT ENOUGH GPU MEMORY, INTENSITY  VALUE REDUCED (2), GPU#0 ALGORITHM ASM, INTENSITY 2., and list is for all cards, so GPU#1, GPU#2....

I changed also overclock settings but than I make worst, now my settings are 1411/1750, power 6, fan speed 40, probably default settings..
Does anybody know good overclock settings for this cards in SMOS or maybe what I can do to keep stable, or how to reduce this value.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 12
Hi is it possible run claymore with minexmr pool? Is it reliable minexmr? Reviews are bad!
How should I change the default command?  -xpool stratum+tcp://xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444 -xwal YourAddress.$rigName -xpsw x -mport -3333

Activity: 147
Merit: 104
I just add second pool in miner option, it's working, pools are switching but pool dont see worker name
Activity: 1
Hi,

Windows 10 is not stable for me and want to try Smos.

I usually mine either eth or monero on 1 pc with 6 GPUS (r9 290), about 20 hours per day.

This is a remote PC and I'm on a metered internet usage plan. Charged by amount used.

Does anyone know how much bandwidth Smos consumes? More or less than mining on Windows 10?

Thanks
Activity: 7
Hello to all,

I have 12 x sapphire nitro rx580 4gb overclocked gpu’s, H110 asRock motherboard, 8gb ram, and I’m running rig through SMOS, I’m mining ZEN coin and when I start to mine looks like everything is fine. But after 4-6 hours is just crash, restart and show on screen:

GPU#0 IS GOING TO USE TOO HIGH INTENSITY (6), NOT ENOUGH GPU MEMORY, INTENSITY  VALUE REDUCED (2), GPU#0 ALGORITHM ASM, INTENSITY 2., and list is for all cards, so GPU#1, GPU#2....

I changed also overclock settings but than I make worst, now my settings are 1411/1750, power 6, fan speed 40, probably default settings..
Does anybody know good overclock settings for this cards in SMOS or maybe what I can do to keep stable, or how to reduce this value.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 49
Asrock 13 yes. Asus 19 no for now.

How many GTX 1070 Cards i can run on same MB,

can i run on Ashrock 13 of them same time, or on Asus 19 gpu ?
Activity: 54
How many GTX 1070 Cards i can run on same MB,

can i run on Ashrock 13 of them same time, or on Asus 19 gpu ?
Activity: 30
Hi,
I have a question about DAG-fix (blockchain driver update)
I have miner with 5x rx 480 with offset -100mV in bios on RM 850W Corsair. It takes 700W at the wall,
will it be ok if I update ?
Or I should change PSU  ?
I think all be ok, but why my 4x RX580 with undervolt takes 750w from the wall.?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Hi,
I have a question about DAG-fix (blockchain driver update)
I have miner with 5x rx 480 with offset -100mV in bios on RM 850W Corsair. It takes 700W at the wall,
will it be ok if I update ?
Or I should change PSU  ?
Activity: 22
How to access system logs remotely!

Hello, i have a small mining farm setup and it works great with simpleOS but i randomly get reboots or restarts and would like to find out the cause to fix it.
Is there a way to remotely find out what caused the reboot/restart?
some way to pull simpleOS logs to see crash reason?
This is pretty easy on a windows machine via checking events but i am not sure how to do this on a linux machine and on top of that remotely.
example, 1 of my rigs has been online for 29hrs but also shows 4 restarts and i would love to find out why.
I did try searching the forum for this answer but was not able to find answers.
Thank You
Activity: 16
Hello,

I have 16 miners working right now on SMOS. I have 8 miners connected to an unmanaged TPLink TL-SG1016 switch. I have the other 8 miners connected similarly to a separate switch. These two unmanaged switches are connected to my router which has DHCP enabled. Router is connected to the internet.

I'm having an issue that when one of my SMOS miners freezes, it takes down the entire unmanaged switch it is connected to. i.e. all the other miners on that switch go offline. The minute I turn off and reboot the frozen miner manually (holding the power switch for 5s) all the other miners go back online and resume mining. I'm not sure if the frozen miner is flooding the switch with packets or something, I was wondering if anyone else ran into this issue.

I am not sure what is freezing my miner as well. I find that after a couple of resets, the freezing will go away but then another miner on the network will start to do the same thing a few days later. This happens on either switch network.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Activity: 6
Hey guys,

Is there any way to limit max fan speed? The problem is that when the temp is above the target temp (70°) fans spin at 100%

Thanks for your help,

PS. Sorry for my English.

In the overclock icon, there is an option to control the minimum fan speed, but not max.  You'll need to control your top temperature less than 70C.  It shouldn't hinder your performance much, but you might not get max mh/s.  My understanding is that fan speed doesn't influence watts your pulling from the wall, but I might be wrong.  If it does it can't be much more.

Maybe, the problem is something different,
https://ibb.co/dCHHFw
as you can see, even though the gpu is cold, around 40°C and 50°C, way lower than the 70°C target,  the fans are running at +90%,what could the problem be?
Activity: 5
Hey guys,

Is there any way to limit max fan speed? The problem is that when the temp is above the target temp (70°) fans spin at 100%

Thanks for your help,

In the overclock icon, there is an option to control the minimum fan speed, but not max.  You'll need to control your top temperature less than 70C.  It shouldn't hinder your performance much, but you might not get max mh/s.  My understanding is that fan speed doesn't influence watts your pulling from the wall, but I might be wrong.  If it does it can't be much more.
Activity: 6
Hey guys,

Thanks for your help,

Jump to: