Author

Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free) - page 403. (Read 835499 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Betta came out for the greens. Hooray!

Like everything is cool, overclocking works!

The only problem, powerlimit -  is not working =(

my 1080rig ^^ Cheesy
http://pp.userapi.com/c837723/v837723412/50b4a/lmVmJ25BJSM.jpg
Activity: 292
Merit: 250
Whn a different miner for every rig? thanks
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Joining the hypetrain for the Nvidia OC, should be out today right?

The image is out already -- see download page - you need to reflash though

Anyone got the 1070 to scream with this new OC feature?

I tested with GTX 1060, it did not work for me.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

The image is out already -- see download page - you need to reflash though

Anyone got the 1070 to scream with this new OC feature?
Activity: 23
No AMD cards found?  WHAT?? there are 6 cards on this rig. NEW rig..   Why is this popping up in red and resetting.?
Activity: 4
This is very good sollution but in my case (RX480 8G) there is problem: computing slowing down 29MH/s, 28 MH/s, 27MH/s, 26MH/s and restart - all the time. I have modyfied BIOS - only copied 0:1750 -> 0:2000. Whats is wrong? In Panel i have settings for OC: 1145MHz and 2250MHz - on Windows this settings are ok.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Activity: 26
Is it sure that by reducing DPM Levels Vcore is decreased for all GPU brands?

Is there a way to check reported voltage with software?

DPM does nothing to vcore, doesn't matter the brand.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Anyone have luck with SGMiner mining Ethereum with RX cards? The settings in SimpleOS don't seem to translate well into that mining OS...

To run ETH on sgminer-gm properly you need the "ethash-new.cl" kernel, I dont think its in the smOS sgminer build.

I tested it on sgminer/gateless-gate/zawawa's Windows version and it works quite well

I wonder if you can manually upload it from Windows kernel folder to smOS.... will it work?

Anyone tried this before?
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.

Guys anything on this question
paD
Activity: 11
Hey dudes,

how can i set the OC with different cards?
And why show me the front-end only 3 different speeds with 4 cards?

I used simple mining OS since a few days - so i rly new in it Wink

https://i.imgur.com/dd2ZVWj.png

Thanks in advance

paD
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
Anyone have luck with SGMiner mining Ethereum with RX cards? The settings in SimpleOS don't seem to translate well into that mining OS...
Activity: 6
So I tried SMOS for my 8x1080ti rig (running with 2 psu), I understand that the OC function is not available for this alpha version, but for the Power consumption, the accepted value is only from 70-150, can you make it from 70 to 300 so I can manage it better? In addition, when I set the Power to 0, or to 250, which mean I want it to run at factory setting, the system just does not recognize my 3 GPU which run via a 2nd PSU, but if I set the power value to 150, the system will recognize all 8 cards.

So for easier to understand:

1- If I set power to 150w, everything is fine, although the hashrate is as now as 580 sols, but the 8 cards running fine.

2- If I do not set power or set to 0 or 250, the system initially recognize all 8 gpu, then it display the error code
"The pci:0:0:2 has fallen of the bus"
"The pci:0:0:3 has fallen of the bus"
"The pci:0:0:4 has fallen of the bus"

These 3 gpu is powered by the 2nd psu, the 5 remaining gpus which powered by my main PSU running well at 250w and 720sols.

Do you have any ideas how can I solve this issue?
oc only works on kopiemtu
Activity: 508
Merit: 250
I have another question guys.  I haven't been able to get all 6 cards running on windows lately, it only allows me to connect 5.  Does this OS illuminate these kind of problems or will I still have to deal with the drivers issues of the cards?  Thanks! Smiley

Windows requires an update to run more than 5 gpus.

Linux/Ubuntu/SimpleMiningOS can do more than 5 natively.  You shouldn't need any help running 6 cards with this OS.

Yes I've already got everything started and it recognizes 6 cards no problem now! Thanks! Smiley Although I still haven't figured out how to fill in the pool address, wallet and rig name because as soon as it starts to mine after my modifications on ethermine pool it says share rejected retry in 20 seconds and if I leave it on default on dwarf and just add my wallet address at the bottom when I go to dwarf website it says no worker found. Sad  so I'm still waiting for someone to help me on setting this up correctly. Smiley
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
I have another question guys.  I haven't been able to get all 6 cards running on windows lately, it only allows me to connect 5.  Does this OS illuminate these kind of problems or will I still have to deal with the drivers issues of the cards?  Thanks! Smiley

Windows requires an update to run more than 5 gpus.

Linux/Ubuntu/SimpleMiningOS can do more than 5 natively.  You shouldn't need any help running 6 cards with this OS.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
As what Tytus told me a few days ago the NVIDA version should probably be released in the next days.

He also wrote somewhere here that we should be prepared to reinstall the image since this is only alpha so far.
Activity: 4
Just out of interest. I've 15 rigs, some Nvidia, some AMD, but wanting to go live with SMOS with all of them tomorrow.

Question is, is that the Nvidia Alpha auto update to include the overclocking feature, or will it require a new flash?

Thanks in advance.

Looking for answer for this as well. Also any ETA on next version/update?
Activity: 587
Merit: 500
Just out of interest. I've 15 rigs, some Nvidia, some AMD, but wanting to go live with SMOS with all of them tomorrow.

Question is, is that the Nvidia Alpha auto update to include the overclocking feature, or will it require a new flash?

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
So I tried SMOS for my 8x1080ti rig (running with 2 psu), I understand that the OC function is not available for this alpha version, but for the Power consumption, the accepted value is only from 70-150, can you make it from 70 to 300 so I can manage it better? In addition, when I set the Power to 0, or to 250, which mean I want it to run at factory setting, the system just does not recognize my 3 GPU which run via a 2nd PSU, but if I set the power value to 150, the system will recognize all 8 cards.

So for easier to understand:

1- If I set power to 150w, everything is fine, although the hashrate is as now as 580 sols, but the 8 cards running fine.

2- If I do not set power or set to 0 or 250, the system initially recognize all 8 gpu, then it display the error code
"The pci:0:0:2 has fallen of the bus"
"The pci:0:0:3 has fallen of the bus"
"The pci:0:0:4 has fallen of the bus"

These 3 gpu is powered by the 2nd psu, the 5 remaining gpus which powered by my main PSU running well at 250w and 720sols.

Do you have any ideas how can I solve this issue?
try 160 try 170  or stick with 150.

for now I dont use his nvidia    It is not ready for primetime.
Jump to: