Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 187. (Read 908613 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
February 03, 2014, 10:41:09 AM
This conforms perfectly to the 20 day rule.  If you make a new withdrawal less than 20 days after the previous one, it will not be processed until the 20 days have passed.  Small withdrawals are processed out of the queue.  See the support page about deposits and withdrawals.

Also, what is considered a small withdrawal? < 500EUR? < 100 EUR?

I've withdrawn around 2000 EUR in 3 parts, 1000, ~700, ~400, between 29/jan and 31/jan, hoping for the first 1000 to arrive around the end of Feb. Do we know how long the 20day rule is gonna be up?

may be you are lucky ...but am willing to bet 1 BTC that at the latest 15. th of march GOX doesn´t exist anymore as an entity which pays back more than 50 cents of money owed

hey I will take that bet with you, where can we escrow?
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
February 03, 2014, 10:35:30 AM
This conforms perfectly to the 20 day rule.  If you make a new withdrawal less than 20 days after the previous one, it will not be processed until the 20 days have passed.  Small withdrawals are processed out of the queue.  See the support page about deposits and withdrawals.

I've withdrawn around 2000 EUR in 3 parts, 1000, ~700, ~400, between 29/jan and 31/jan, hoping for the first 1000 to arrive around the end of Feb. Do we know how long the 20day rule is gonna be up?

may be you are lucky ...but am willing to bet 1 BTC that at the latest 15. th of march GOX doesn´t exist anymore as an entity which pays back more than 50 cents of money owed
Activity: 138
February 03, 2014, 10:21:27 AM
I also have money and BTC tied up in the MtGox withdrawal process, it's generally pretty upsetting

Sad
legendary
Activity: 1357
Merit: 1004
February 03, 2014, 10:13:50 AM
Technical part nothing to do with. Just their wallets are empty, they must show us addresses cold wallets.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
February 03, 2014, 10:12:01 AM
i  got 2 emails that my transaction wasn't processed and that sent to their developmental team. I don't care about their developmental team they didn't process the transaction and all they need to do is re send. Meanwhile people  this happened to after me are getting their transactions.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 03, 2014, 07:23:39 AM

Activity: 42
February 03, 2014, 06:55:13 AM
would be good to know if SEPA withdrawls are still coming ....

Somebody knows which day they are processing right know ?   sure Sturle you are counting them Wink
End of December.  Will try to get a more accurate date tomorrow.  The FAQ only has useless information right now: Situation as of 29th January 2014: We are currently processing 20 days rule withdrawals. (backlog)

Hi there, any chance you got that mentioned accurate date regarding SEPAs yet? Smiley
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
February 03, 2014, 06:39:35 AM
He either withdrew via International wire (not SEPA) or he had another withdrawal complete successfully for the last 20 days.  Last time I heard MtGox were processing SEPA withdrawals initiated at 2013-12-30.  The reasons for the delays (SEPA and JPY) have been fully explained here many times, but please don't let it stop you from inventing your own.  It tricks weak souls into overbidding, making arbitrage very profitable.  Grin
I'm just report fatcts their payment time increased or they stoped it.
Of course you report facts, but you are omitting important facts as well.  Please read my answer again for the explanation of the delay.

How they get their own liquidity in their one direction market ? If most of the people imputs btc and withdraw fiat, how can they sustain this for long therm, were they get the money to pay arbitrage profit  ?
Deposits of course.  Every time you sell, you sell to someone who deposited money at some time.  (Or from someone who sold BTC to someone who deposited BTC at some time, etc, for many iterations.)

If any one can answer that maybe the understandable speculation will decrease !
This is how every exchange with an order book works.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 03, 2014, 06:31:57 AM
He either withdrew via International wire (not SEPA) or he had another withdrawal complete successfully for the last 20 days.  Last time I heard MtGox were processing SEPA withdrawals initiated at 2013-12-30.  The reasons for the delays (SEPA and JPY) have been fully explained here many times, but please don't let it stop you from inventing your own.  It tricks weak souls into overbidding, making arbitrage very profitable.  Grin
I'm just report fatcts their payment time increased or they stoped it.
Of course you report facts, but you are omitting important facts as well.  Please read my answer again for the explanation of the delay.

How they get their own liquidity in their one direction market ? If most of the people imputs btc and withdraw fiat, how can they sustain this for long therm, were they get the money to pay arbitrage profit  ?
Deposits of course.  Every time you sell, you sell to someone who deposited money at some time.  (Or from someone who sold BTC to someone who deposited BTC at some time, etc, for many iterations.)

This is how every exchange with an order book works.
Activity: 91
February 03, 2014, 06:08:14 AM
Any one received sepa transfers these days ?  
Negative. My brother is still waiting for payment from 2013-12-17. It is 7 weeks as of now and the "6 weeks" statement on the emptyGox webpage is simply false. Isn't it one definition of bankruptcy that a person is unable to fulfill its mature obligations?

I'm just report fatcts their payment time increased or they stoped it. But since your are a wise end knowledge man, can you explain me :

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 03, 2014, 06:06:27 AM
Why are you still persevering there? The alarm bells have been ringing since June last year.

I got back in in December with the intention to make money off of arbitrage

I sincerely congratulate you to your exceptional smartness! The story of the 13BTC comes to mind again...

Wasn't it 13.37 BTC? lol
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
February 03, 2014, 05:56:47 AM
Why are you still persevering there? The alarm bells have been ringing since June last year.

I got back in in December with the intention to make money off of arbitrage

I sincerely congratulate you to your exceptional smartness! The story of the 13BTC comes to mind again...
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 03, 2014, 05:29:53 AM

I got back in in December with the intention to make money off of arbitrage (defined as the fluctuation of the premium of Fux price over BS). As you can notice, the premium went up quite steadily and did not provide any way to profit, so I decided to cash out.

Pretty standard stuff with risk diversification. If someone says that his bitcoin allocation scheme is 100% risk free, it only means that he has not even started understanding risk management.

I also lost $100k+ in 2012 to failed investments, but luckily there was one that succeeded  Grin

Still waiting for my money from Fux though.
legendary
Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002
https://bitmynt.no
February 03, 2014, 05:12:12 AM
Negative. My brother is still waiting for payment from 2013-12-17. It is 7 weeks as of now and the "6 weeks" statement on the emptyGox webpage is simply false. Isn't it one definition of bankruptcy that a person is unable to fulfill its mature obligations?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
February 03, 2014, 04:49:24 AM
I am getting slightly annoyed to them. My 14 withdrawals totalling BTC500+ have not arrived after 8 days. They sent 2 withdrawals totalling BTC2.1 to prove that they are alive though.

In my opinion it is a very scammy thing to not process the backlog in order.

Note that I do not usually call anyone scammers, this may be the first time.

+1

Greed and sloth make people stupid Sad
Activity: 126
February 03, 2014, 04:25:24 AM

According to the 25 days estimate, I should be able to get my JPY cash on the Feb 15th/16th.

my friend initiated JPY withdrawal on Jan 7 and got it on Jan 28 (Mizuho bank). It used to be couple of days max. I wonder if JPY withdrawals to JNB account are actually faster. Has anyone successfully withdrawn JPYs to JNB recently?

I made a JPY withdrawal through my JapaNet bank account on Jan 28th, today still waiting.

I made two withdrawals on 8th and 9th Jan, JPY to japanese account.

The first completed end last week, the 2nd completed  today.

Making another withdrawal today, will update on how long that takes.
Activity: 79
February 03, 2014, 03:55:44 AM
More than 48 hours, and still waiting a SMALL AMOUNT of BTC withdraw. It doesnt even show in the blockchain.
Activity: 136
Merit: 13
February 03, 2014, 03:51:56 AM
Activity: 80
February 03, 2014, 03:51:09 AM

According to the 25 days estimate, I should be able to get my JPY cash on the Feb 15th/16th.

my friend initiated JPY withdrawal on Jan 7 and got it on Jan 28 (Mizuho bank). It used to be couple of days max. I wonder if JPY withdrawals to JNB account are actually faster. Has anyone successfully withdrawn JPYs to JNB recently?

I made a JPY withdrawal through my JapaNet bank account on Jan 28th, today still waiting.
Activity: 2
February 03, 2014, 01:38:44 AM

Jump to: