Pages:
Author

Topic: Removal of escrow.ms? Update: Recommend users for DT 2, as escrow.ms is removed - page 4. (Read 19652 times)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064
i saw his profile just now henceforth gotta know he was arrested , thing is i dealt more than 100 btc worth of deals with him directly to my bank account  so is there any problem?

Not much, if there were any problem you already did got summoned from Police. 

Police just investigating debit card fraud so there is no issue in your selling BTC.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
i saw his profile just now henceforth gotta know he was arrested , thing is i dealt more than 100 btc worth of deals with him directly to my bank account  so is there any problem?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Any update about escrow.ms?
Feel sorry to all this mess around the old trustworthy escrows... This isn't helping the community nor btc at all...

Dont think it'll be that bad though to be honest. With the right amount, im sure anything can be 'settled' there. http://www.transparency.org/cpi2015

Though he probably has no "right amount" to embezzle some corrupt person that can help him out of this case. The police wanted this case big so the amount will be pretty high. If it would only be on a low basis, not in the press, then he might have had no problem.

I mean when he would have had the money he would not have started such a stupid thing.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
Feel sorry to all this mess around the old trustworthy escrows... This isn't helping the community nor btc at all...

Dont think it'll be that bad though to be honest. With the right amount, im sure anything can be 'settled' there. http://www.transparency.org/cpi2015
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
Did the sarcasm not come through in my post?  Lol.  I really need to start doing the [/s] thing.
Oh no no, it clearly did. I was more addressing Indiana, who suggested it, than you/mexxer, who turned his suggestion down.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Well anyone is free to suggest anyone directly(via a post) and as polls are abusable, I'd rather not add one.
Using a poll to vote in a member of DT?  What could go wrong with that?  Seriously there are enough problems with trust on the default trust list that we don't need to start doing sketchy shit like that. 
No DT1 user would add someone to his downlist because that guy got alot of votes in a poll.
Heck, probably no user at all would add someone into his downlist because of that.
Did the sarcasm not come through in my post?  Lol.  I really need to start doing the [/s] thing.
copper member
Goodbye, Z.
Well anyone is free to suggest anyone directly(via a post) and as polls are abusable, I'd rather not add one.
Using a poll to vote in a member of DT?  What could go wrong with that?  Seriously there are enough problems with trust on the default trust list that we don't need to start doing sketchy shit like that. 
No DT1 user would add someone to his downlist because that guy got alot of votes in a poll.
Heck, probably no user at all would add someone into his downlist because of that.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
It is better to add a poll in this thread with all the members listed on escrow.ms's trust list.
Based on a minimum poll, lets say 20, list those members on DT.

Obviously there will be an abuse to the polling system since all entries are anonymous but it would be better if the one who voted there should write the name whom he voted by replying this thread.

Btw how is that cake popped up on his profile? I don't know about the tweak maybe.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
It is better to add a poll in this thread with all the members listed on escrow.ms's trust list.

Obviously there will be an abuse to the polling system since all entries are anonymous but it would be better if the one who voted there should write the name whom he voted by replying this thread.

Btw how is that cake popped up on his profile? I don't know about the tweak maybe.

As for the Cake, try setting your birth-date as today, it an easter egg. I hope you've heard about the "leet" easter egg at the very least
Activity: 406
Merit: 252

copper member
Goodbye, Z.
Wanna go halfsies on a cake?

We can either send it with or without a file, your call.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1003
4 Mana 7/7
Lets wish him a happy birthday: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/escrowms-76380

It seems the issue around removing escrow.ms from DT and adding some fresh members seems to be resolved. Unfortunately this thread is ow turned into another Quickseller discussion.

Mexxer, I suggest you lock this thread to prevent it from going off topic further. For those who'd like to discuss Quickseller and their reputation go to one of the existing threads or open a new one. Thanks!
Yeah seems there are not many users who deserve DT 2 but aren't in there.

Edit: Just unlocking the thread if we're not going for any more QS hate discussion
Activity: 764
Merit: 500
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
It seems the issue around removing escrow.ms from DT and adding some fresh members seems to be resolved. Unfortunately this thread is ow turned into another Quickseller discussion.

Mexxer, I suggest you lock this thread to prevent it from going off topic further. For those who'd like to discuss Quickseller and their reputation go to one of the existing threads or open a new one. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 4440
Congrats to Blazed for making DT list and also mexxer and the others as well.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
If this is life , then I prefer death !
Why all of the QS hate? He did 1 bad move, but before that 100s of good ones. Should he ever escrow again...? Obviously not. Has he helped the community...yes.

I agree he did helped the community, but he is the guy who can't hold power with responsibilities.

When he get power he is different person and think himself superior and other inferior.

QS has repeatedly made the accusation that I am an Alt of a person who has set up a post your cash in the mail and receive BitCoins in return service.

No proof.  Nothing.  Just a baseless accusation, all because I "didn't ask enough questions" of the user who was setting up the service.

I again call on the moderators to verify the IP's don't match.

*edit* link to QS defamation https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13679388

I feel that you are assuming QS as untrustworthy only on the context that he defamed you , man this is personal.

Even though I don't trust qs , o have seen him accepting that he has many alts here , who know he might be pulling some scams with those.
He is smart enough to fool people around.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Why all of the QS hate? He did 1 bad move, but before that 100s of good ones. Should he ever escrow again...? Obviously not. Has he helped the community...yes.

I agree he did helped the community, but he is the guy who can't hold power with responsibilities.

When he get power he is different person and think himself superior and other inferior.

QS has repeatedly made the accusation that I am an Alt of a person who has set up a post your cash in the mail and receive BitCoins in return service.

No proof.  Nothing.  Just a baseless accusation, all because I "didn't ask enough questions" of the user who was setting up the service.

I again call on the moderators to verify the IP's don't match.

*edit* link to QS defamation https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13679388
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe
Why all of the QS hate?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ?

you are favouring QS because
Location maybe ?

He did 1 bad move, but before that 100s of good ones.
That 1 bad move was abuse and which makes it impossible to judge that all those previous moves were abuse or help.

Anyways this is off topic I suppose Tongue
How is it off-topic ? He is self-recommending for DT2 and people are discussing on it , NO ?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Blazed, I realize this thread is not about QS but I'm just going to say this:  I realize QS has done good for the community.  I've seen that.  But after watching him try to defend his self-escrow thing, it's quite obvious he does not realize exactly what's wrong with what he did.  And therefore I don't trust the guy.  This is a forum about money, right?  It doesn't matter if QS can spot scammers and call them out--a scammer can very easily recognize a scammer, and he will point them out to potential scamees in order to gain trust.  QS has proven that he can't be trusted in a deal that involves money.  He took two out of three sides of a deal whilst allowing the outside party to believe the other two sides were independent of each other.  And they were not.  That is fraud, and his rationalizations after he got caught were breathtakingly dishonest.  And he hasn't learned from that.

All I can say is that if I sent him 5BTC right now I would have 0 concerns about getting it back. I really do not get the self-escrow mess, but I know he would not have stolen/scammed someone out of their funds. Anyways this is off topic I suppose Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: