Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple or bitcoin - page 12. (Read 2151 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 106
June 09, 2018, 04:49:30 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if someone offers you $10,000 to hold in one coin, only condition is to hold it for 2 years, which coin would you choose to hold?

You can choose between only 2 coin, one is bitcoin and other one is ripple. What would you choose?
If someone offers me money to invest in either Bitcoin or Ripple I wouldn't hesitate to go for Bitcoin because it is a decentralized coin while ripple should not be really called a cryptocurrency because it oppose to the original concept of cryptocurrency being decentralized and creating a wallet for Ripple will cost you 20 XRP while creating or generating a new Bitcoin wallet is only free. We all know that the purpose of Ripple is to help banks to improve their banking system but why would banks have to trust this company if banks can just make their own blockchain based system or create their own cryptocurrency to improve their service or security of money? Also the company that created Ripple have the control of the supply which means that they only be releasing new supplies on a certain time.
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
June 09, 2018, 01:26:08 PM
I would choose bitcoin, because the most coin popular in the world and have high volume. 2 years into the future bitcoin will become scarce, then prices tend to rise higher.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 12:49:02 PM
Of course Bitcoin because it's suitable for long term investment. I think Bitcoin can recover from $7k until $20k in 2 years when the bear market end. But for Ripple I think it can't. It just can grow slowly.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
June 09, 2018, 12:47:57 PM
I chose bitcoin. I think with Ripple you can only play for a short time. I would not be able to keep 2 years of money in Ripple. I don't trust this project internally, but I believe in bitcoin.
If bitcoin's course is going down I don't care, but if the rate of Ripple was greatly lowered and I would not have the opportunity to sell, I would be very nervous and panicked.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
June 09, 2018, 12:47:41 PM
If it has to be done according to your rules, then i would buy btc. 2 years time is a very long period and we should choose most secure and stable project with a huge potential. Ripple is a good project. But BTC is far better than that.
Activity: 10
June 09, 2018, 12:43:09 PM
I would say Bitcoin is already pretty high but as new investors come in it could rise again. Ripple will never have such high prices because there are just to much ripple tokens.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
June 09, 2018, 12:40:36 PM
No doubt I will choose to hold Bitcoin. 2 years is consider a long hold, I will prefer to hold a coin which is less risky and a stable number supply of coins.
Activity: 336
June 09, 2018, 12:36:02 PM
Question should be centralized or decentralized. Of course I choose decentralized.
Activity: 602
June 09, 2018, 12:35:26 PM
Way too much sell pressure on ripple now https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/ripple/usd
i dont know how it gonna back to $2 days
Activity: 113
June 09, 2018, 12:34:27 PM
Bitcoin will always be first but in this scenario I would go with ripple, still has wayyy more growth on it's way and would definitely make a lot more profit at the moment. Also, I see some saying ripple is older than bitcoin, what's the source of info for that? I'm pretty sure Bitcoin is quite a bit older than Ripple, I actually  thought it's the first successful crypto currency, the only older cryptocurrencies I know were all failures?
Activity: 358
Merit: 11
June 09, 2018, 12:31:39 PM
I will choose Ripple to hold it for 2 years with such amount. Ripple is a safe haven than bitcoin and with such an amount I can obtain more of ripple than bitcoin. Bitcoin price hasn't been profitable since the last six months and by comparison, ripple is more valuable in terms of price appreciation than bitcoin.
Activity: 153
June 09, 2018, 12:30:49 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if someone offers you $10,000 to hold in one coin, only condition is to hold it for 2 years, which coin would you choose to hold?

You can choose between only 2 coin, one is bitcoin and other one is ripple. What would you choose?
My choice is bitcoin. I believe in bitcoin rather than ripple. Many argue that ripple has potential, but for me ripple is hard to predict because it is more unstable. I'm optimistic bitcoin will be more valuable in the future, so big profits may be obtained.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
June 09, 2018, 12:29:07 PM
If you set such conditions, now it is more promising to invest in Ripple or other Altcoins.

Even if bitcoin grows by 100%, Ripple can grow by 500% or more
Activity: 364
June 09, 2018, 12:27:19 PM

I voted for Ripple and I trust in its technology. It is more friendly coin for banks, goverments, Ripple is also older than a Bitcoin Tongue
XRP is the centralized digital currency and the reason digital currency such as E-gold and Tencent have failed in the past is centralized.
Whenever the government could be a threat to XRP because the centralized digital currency is easy to kill by regulation.  
Will the government be an enemy or friend to XRP ? only time can prove it
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
June 09, 2018, 12:23:56 PM
I prefer bitcoin over Ripple, Ripple has a high Gian potential compared to Bitcoin but is more unstable so if I have to hold for 2 years Bitcoin is more likely that will stay here after 2 years, and I'm sure Bitcoin will be more profitable.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 09, 2018, 12:20:54 PM
Of course I choose bitcoin, bitcoin is the king of all coins and without Bitcoin altcoins will not exist.
Bitcoin is a lot of change for the currency in the world.
Potential bitcoin is also quite good compared to other altcoins.
Activity: 252
June 09, 2018, 12:13:01 PM
Ripple has established itself in the five popular currencies and has become almost as well known as Bitcoin. Whether or not the project will become a “blockchain for banks”, its technologies will find application in many other areas. Unlike Bitcoin, he is friendly to business, since it follows the financial laws. If Bitcoin is counting on user loyalty, Ripple is committed to wider adoption in the financial environment. This makes it attractive to investors who consider cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin to be vulnerable and therefore are in no hurry to introduce them into the trading industry.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
June 09, 2018, 12:03:29 PM
Bitcoin, Ripple is not a cryptocurrency in my eyes and is the complete opposite of decentralised. Decentralization is important in this space and without it I think XRP will do worse in the longrun
Activity: 31
June 09, 2018, 12:00:37 PM
No second thought it’s Bitcoin, because Ripple investment has higher risk. Bitcoin investment is safer investment than Ripple investment.
Activity: 616
Merit: 114
Bountylord.com
June 09, 2018, 11:58:53 AM
Now I think that Ripple is one of the worst investments that can be made. I think that Ripple is overvalued at the moment and I don't think that Ripple has the potential for further growth.
Pages:
Jump to: