Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 310. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
This is the quality TA thread, right?

Does anyone want to analyse the double pennant formation on Stamp right now? The second has formed at a lower level than the first.
Activity: 180
Merit: 117
Spent hours after hours time going through Risto and MadTheCat threads. Decided to follow Risto's suggestion to hold, and so far the strategy worked out to be correct for the moment.

Although the centralized mining is on the rise, I'd like to see Risto's take on this one. I can really only think this one could be a near-medium term bump on the road.
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Well, Ukranians got until 3:00 GMT to surrender.  

-> http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/03/03/uk-ukraine-crisis-ultimatum-idUKBREA221AI20140303

Shit is about to hit the fan big time... Shocked

No. Deadline passed. Nothing happend. Same as yesterday

Russia claimes there never was a deadline.
http://rt.com/news/russia-dismiss-ultimatum-ukraine-644/

Haven't seen the last of this yet though. Rising tensions in Europe will continue over the next years and military conflict will probably ensue
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
Is it the newcomers after the massive media coverage of the gox incident?
New comers from the bankruptcy of "one of the biggest and oldest" exchanges, and theft of millions of USD worth of BTC?

The only thing that could happen would be old mt.gox users finally accepting losses and rebuy some of their lost coins.

Massive media coverage of bitcoin, because Mt.Gox. Lets say, that 1% of the people who heard of bitcoin, got it, and decided to buy. But I agree it's more likely that, goxbtc owners are forced to rebuy.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Well, Ukranians got until 3:00 GMT to surrender.  

-> http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/03/03/uk-ukraine-crisis-ultimatum-idUKBREA221AI20140303

Shit is about to hit the fan big time... Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
However, I smell potential CCMF here. Bitstamp was doing fuck all. And then these massive ramps, the majority coming from just one account, possibly all of them coming from just one account. They happened during Eastern European office hours. Someone taking precautions due to Ukraine conflict?

Please excuse my ignorance but how can you tell that certain buys/sells are coming from the same account?

If there is a 3K order, which keeps jumping around in unison, you can be pretty sure it is just one person doing it.

I see now, thanks. For a confused moment I thought it might be possible to find this sort of data somewhere.

This whole Ukraine business is starting to smell more and more like Cyprus 2.0 to me (just on a much grander scale obviously). Gold is reacting pretty strongly, too and seems to be on its way to confirming a trend reversal, from what I can tell.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
However, I smell potential CCMF here. Bitstamp was doing fuck all. And then these massive ramps, the majority coming from just one account, possibly all of them coming from just one account. They happened during Eastern European office hours. Someone taking precautions due to Ukraine conflict?

Please excuse my ignorance but how can you tell that certain buys/sells are coming from the same account?

If there is a 3K order, which keeps jumping around in unison, you can be pretty sure it is just one person doing it.

Or group of it Wink

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a group rpietila is member of, just look at his last post, he looks pretty cocky Wink

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
New comers from the bankruptcy of "one of the biggest and oldest" exchanges, and theft of millions of USD worth of BTC?

The only thing that could happen would be old mt.gox users finally accepting losses and rebuy some of their lost coins.
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I refuse to believe that one whales manipulation like this can reverse the trend completely... we need to see much more than this, surely? I'm holding off.
at this point its not much about reversing the downtrend. its more about how far that son of a whale is going to push to price up. (meaning profit opportunity for us little followers)

I appreciate that, but it seems to me the only opportunity it presents is whilst the whale is still active. Even now he's gone, it's going down. Certainly doesn't make the whole thing "bullish" to me.
legendary
I refuse to believe that one whales manipulation like this can reverse the trend completely... we need to see much more than this, surely? I'm holding off.
at this point its not much about reversing the downtrend. its more about how far that son of a whale is going to push to price up. (meaning profit opportunity for us little followers)
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
legendary
Duelbits.com
I sold nice first time, some 575-580 average. But today I was doing 30 seconds wrong timed trades all the way since these walls started to appear. I sell, he appears. It gets eaten, I sell, another one back in a minute. And so on..

I bought lot in 610-620 range now, wouldn't be shocked if I get burnt here, there's still barely any support beside whale's walls..
legendary
I guess I should have just listened to Risto when he was shouting BUY BUY BUY at me at $480 and went all in, and went in cold storage, and been finished with trading. Why do I overcomplicate everything.

Because he is operating of a 200 day MA theory and and exponential average line.

It is more complicated than that and the fact that it is all working out nicely to that theory for now doesn't mean it always will do.

Keep an eye on 610. If Bitcoin fails to breach and hold above there, then we could simply be at the maxed out stage of a 610-530 post crash flag formation, in which case buying would be a terrible thing to do at this point in time. but if that is taken out.........then it could be BOOOM TIME!

P.S. I also bought in at $480....sold at $550, 2 seconds before 6K of BTC purchasing took Bitcoin to $570.

exactly the same here
what do we do what do we do??  Undecided
I guess I should have just listened to Risto when he was shouting BUY BUY BUY at me at $480 and went all in, and went in cold storage, and been finished with trading. Why do I overcomplicate everything.

Because he is operating of a 200 day MA theory and and exponential average line.

It is more complicated than that and the fact that it is all working out nicely to that theory for now doesn't mean it always will do.

Keep an eye on 610. If Bitcoin fails to breach and hold above there, then we could simply be at the maxed out stage of a 610-530 post crash flag formation, in which case buying would be a terrible thing to do at this point in time. but if that is taken out.........then it could be BOOOM TIME!

P.S. I also bought in at $480....sold at $550, 2 seconds before 6K of BTC purchasing took Bitcoin to $570.

legendary
Duelbits.com
I have a feeling it's rpietila and his gang that are doing these walls.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Jump to: