Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 318. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087
Isn't trading fun!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Hey wasn't it rpetelia or someone in here who said "the recovery can't just happen with a flash and a bang"? That looked like a flash and a bang to me. Probably a short squeeze. I can't imagine that the entire 32% range of 400-525 is just going to be hit once for 12 hours and then never seen again. That would be like if in 2013 it went from 66 straight to 86 but this actually took a week.

Ah good. Your active. I was looking for advice from a trader on here (who isn't a complete halfwit).

What is your view on the next 12 hours in Bitcoin? To me, 750 looks a sure bet, and beyond that lies 780 which will prove a very strong resistance level due to the vast level of liquidity that the 10K whale tricked the automated bot traders into buying into. I have been long since $490, and soon I go to my kip. Now, I am of the opinion that we definitely will see a retracement possibly right back into the $400's before we get out the $500s. Question is, is there enough strength in the market to get up to this $779 level (many people might not know exactly why this is likely to prove a very strong resistance level) or will the retracement kick in at a lower price level?

Having a better idea of how this might play out will make the difference between me going to bed with an open position, or closing at best opportunity before I get my head down. The simple indicators that I use are in no way suggesting great rising strength in this market, although the 4hr MACD is moving towards the crossover point.

What your take?

P.S. I said that bottom would not happen with a flash and a bang, but with a whimper, and I cautiously stand by that.

EDIT: I sold at $548. Either those gargantuan Ask walls on Stamp largely consist of liar walls or this market reverses here, as it would require a level of buying power in the market that I am just not feeling to eat through those.....still interested in your (or anyone else who isn't a half-wit) take though.

EDIT 2: I am being proven totally wrong just 2 minutes later.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Hey wasn't it rpetelia or someone in here who said "the recovery can't just happen with a flash and a bang"? That looked like a flash and a bang to me. Probably a short squeeze. I can't imagine that the entire 32% range of 400-525 is just going to be hit once for 12 hours and then never seen again. That would be like if in 2013 it went from 66 straight to 86 but this actually took a week.
Activity: 118
Merit: 19
That didn't smell like capitulation but I know nothing.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Get an invite?  Cheesy I could suggest better methods.... Grin

drinks on me, just tell me when to come. you'll always have a place to stay in New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S. during Mardi Gras season, i can show ya a god time Wink
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
That is some serious Fixxer-Upper Work Rpietila! Are you sure you want to do that?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/05/Malla_m%C3%B5isa_peahoone_2012.jpg
(Hi-REZ image)
well it kinda does make it look more like a castle (to play counts and knights in).
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I guess he took his time to make a trip to nearby Estonia and checked it up, you don't pay 1 mil. eur for an image  Grin

It surely might need some restoration, it's pretty cheap.
True... just pointing out that the building is really crumbling and a dingy grey color. The yellow and all those colors were added by Photoshop.  

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Get an invite?  Cheesy I could suggest better methods.... Grin

Of course I had it photoshoped right away, how else could the craftsmen know how to repair it?

That the building exists, you can easily find from wikipedia and google maps "Malla, Estonia".
Hey, I never said it didn't exist, I was just pointing out that it didn't exist in the form you presented it. Smiley

I would like to hear these other methods, but it will be a while before my bitcoin holdings will allow me to visit - especially since the last coins I bought just disappeared via Gox.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Your gonna destroy the beautiful lawn with that pavement up to the gate.

I suggest having the road some 50m near the gate and then a red carpet, having guests to walk barefoot on it.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Building definitely exists and it was on the market for 960 000 EUR, I posted a link to that sale earlier.
legendary
Activity: 1008
I guess he took his time to make a trip to nearby Estonia and checked it up, you don't pay 1 mil. eur for an image  Grin

True... just pointing out that the building is really crumbling and a dingy grey color. The yellow and all those colors were added by Photoshop. 

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Get an invite?  Cheesy I could suggest better methods.... Grin

Of course I had it photoshoped right away, how else could the craftsmen know how to repair it?

That the building exists, you can easily find from wikipedia and google maps "Malla, Estonia".

I want an invite! If I bring several rare bottles of whiskey would that get me in?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I guess he took his time to make a trip to nearby Estonia and checked it up, you don't pay 1 mil. eur for an image  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Gox removing their site is not exactly the rumour.

yet they havent said anything clearly about it
legendary
Duelbits.com
Gox removing their site is not exactly the rumour. There's nothing worse that could come from their statement, only eventually something positive - like them being bought or so.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
I give it a 60% chance that we haven't seen the bottom yet. Volume was good today and the bounce as well, so it could be a bottom, but there are still uncertain factors and the market could take a serious dive again if the 750k BTC that supposedly got stolen becomes official or something like that. I do believe we're very close to a reversal though, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel but we still have some ways to go. I only made like a 1 BTC gain out of all of this so my trades aren't really great either, but I have to say that following this whole story is mighty mighty interesting. Someone should write a book or make a movie out of it. Tongue

+1 for the movie and that 60% chance Smiley

i also think further dip to come when Gox will officially confirm their issue. As in december, the first leg down was in reaction to some unverified rumour about some secret meeting between govs officials and chinese banks. The second leg down was when the chinese government officially declared its position toward BTC. (*although im not a fan of that news affects price thing).. so watch out people, the party has just begun Grin
legendary
Duelbits.com

I just wanted to tell you that I am finalizing the purchase of Malla Manor this week, and we will have a party there starting Friday.

Malla will be (probably) the first high-class Bitcoin retreat centre in the world. 100% owned by me, it offers 5000 sqm floor area (some under renovation) and currently 127 acres of land. The property is in the middle of beautiful countryside in Estonia, just 1 hour from Tallinn airport.
That place is a total dump... None of what you see in that image is real - the image has been manipulated. Look at the side wall and you can see how bad of shape it really is. Look at the driveway... does that look like anything but a 2D color gradient?

Either rpietila was joking or he is buying a fixer upper.
legendary
Activity: 1246
I give it a 60% chance that we haven't seen the bottom yet. Volume was good today and the bounce as well, so it could be a bottom, but there are still uncertain factors and the market could take a serious dive again if the 750k BTC that supposedly got stolen becomes official or something like that. I do believe we're very close to a reversal though, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel but we still have some ways to go. I only made like a 1 BTC gain out of all of this so my trades aren't really great either, but I have to say that following this whole story is mighty mighty interesting. Someone should write a book or make a movie out of it. Tongue
legendary
Duelbits.com
As I said, that's your problem. You want GBP, you get your GBP. Once big rally starts you have less Bitcoin and thus make less gain on price rise.

What I am talking about is that my crypto USD net worth currently is about the same, and probably even bit more, like it was when Bitcoin was 800$. But I approx. doubled my Bitcoin count in that period so the drop to this level haven't made any difference. As long as I maintain to rise my Bitcoin count similarly to the percent of Bitcoin price drop, and so far is relatively good, I am not too worried about Bitcoin price. I just have to wait for next rally for that net worth to become much bigger.

That's a difference between two of us. You trade and short to gain USD, I trade and short to gain BTC. So far people that did what I am doing got much more than people who did what you are doing. We'll see if that will change but I don't think so. I don't expect you to change your trading philosophy though  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
I did buy. I bought $400, but just sold $520. I will rebuy on 4 hour macd.

Why are you not already richer than me?  Shocked
I've only been in bitcoin for almost a year and I started with a VERY small deposit. It was supposed to be just for fun and to experiment with arbitrage (which never happened).

Fuck me.

Despite Bitcoin doing pretty much what I said it would do I have done pretty shite with the trades.

Came out my $626 short at $550, fearing yet another Bitcoin retard rally eating into my profits, then watched the price slip to $500 cursing myself every step of the way. I then went to bed setting 60 BTC worth of buy-ins at $390 ($391.34, to be precise). No staggered buy-in tranches or nothing, just all or nothing bet. Woke up and Bitcoin was back at $500. Turns out I missed 'all' by $8.66, so got nothing. I am way too overly impulsive to really make a good trader and this demonstrates exactly the sort of school-boy error that I am destined to repeat and repeat ad infinitum.

Give me a shout when you are next weighing up entering the market if you would! (like when u feel certain about a trade as opposed to the addictive impulsive bets that we all partake in, despite the fact they normally come to nothing and/or lose us money).

Here's a small tidbit of advice:  if your math comes out on the far side of a round number or other psychological support, put at least some of your bid on the near side of that support... because your math does not take into account human psychology.
Jump to: