Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 322. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/mt--gox-slammed--why-bitcoin-s-troubles-aren-t-over-160229892.html
some really negative bitch slap news up there ^^
The poll on the side goes like this;

"Buying the dips" - 7769 people voted. 57%
"Staying in cash" - 3605 people voted. 36%
"Im out! sell sell sell!" - 2278 people voted. 17%

I think at a place like "yahoo finance" we can find the sentiment we are looking for. This is clearly a bullish bias sentiment.
We can expect further declines.

ps. vote 'buying the dips' and help to fudge the facts!
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269
Looking at the TA (I am not an expert, maybe I am wrong) the bottom is sitting somewhere between 400-460, but with Gox BS and all the negativity around I wont be surprised if we hit 300-350 (maybe flash crash?)... I am more and more reconsidering my position, now I got some Fiat on Bitstamp and I have open orders till 430, so lets see how that plays out.

Before I was so sure about not breaking the 600's, but after going back and reading all predictions again, I feel so ignorant about my past statements...

Welcome back from ignore. Yes, bottom is somewhere between 300-460, but the exact guessing can make you up to 50% richer... Wink
Risto, just curious: Do you think any positive news regarding Mt. Gox could raise the absolute bottom floor price range, or do you think it will hit that bottom range regardless?

I'd like to believe that Gox news (positive or negative) is already factored in, and capitulation to the bottom range you describe will happen regardless.  But Gox is still a bit of a wildcard IMO.  I'm not sure how much public sentiment is attached to it at this point.  For example, they could resume withdrawals and then shortly after a recovery could ensue, only to have them announce a "closing up shop" a few months later... which might affect another sharp drop in price...
legendary
Activity: 1456
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Looking at the TA (I am not an expert, maybe I am wrong) the bottom is sitting somewhere between 400-460, but with Gox BS and all the negativity around I wont be surprised if we hit 300-350 (maybe flash crash?)... I am more and more reconsidering my position, now I got some Fiat on Bitstamp and I have open orders till 430, so lets see how that plays out.

Before I was so sure about not breaking the 600's, but after going back and reading all predictions again, I feel so ignorant about my past statements...

Welcome back from ignore. Yes, bottom is somewhere between 300-460, but the exact guessing can make you up to 50% richer... Wink

I was planning on adding a few additional coins to my portfolio if we reach around $500, (anywhere above brings up my dollar cost average), so would you suggest staying put and seeing if we reach the 300-460 range?   Obviously I would like to get them as cheaply as possible, but I am long on all of the coins that I hold, so I guess the exact cost right now is less significant...
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Can anyone suggest a good staggered buy order plan for $3000 on btc-e, for a noob like myself?
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
But the street price or any longer term price, I feel the bottom is not far from 400.

Important part bolded.

All deposit based exchange prices are no longer objective IMO. "Will I even get the fiat/BTC out of the exchnage?" is now firmly a part of everyone's psychology. Withdrawal circumstances can change suddenly, irrelevant of what has happened in the past. Maybe there will be an exchange that can get a long term stable withdrawal stream, but I'm not convinced yet.

LocalBitcoins high for the last 24 hours? $1117. The 30 day high is $3000. Don't count on the veracity of the price discovery taking place in these deposit based exchanges, we've seen more than enough bot action to prove that over the past few days. When only hairless apes are trading, at the same speed they can do a real life exchange, you get a very different outcome.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

Only fools and losers don't change their stance if circumstances change  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
things you own end up owning you

legendary
I personally think Bitcoin is dead as a speculative investment, and is moving towards being used as a currency for super geeks. We will never see $2000+ btc Cheesy

Big finance corporations like visa and mastercard or Goldman whatever  will create new crypto protocols and upgrade their banking system for super fast transfers, the mainstream will never adopt an open source like bitcoin, never.

This is my opinion and hope u respect it.

We have seen drug dealers/users adapt bitcoin, and I dare say the mainstream could do it too - The full force of humanity can be captured by stupid meme's.
Paypal does not need to adapt bitcoin for it to succeed, BTCe, Bitstamp etc will grow to replace them.
the longest and greatest wave will be driven by the third world and financially butt hurt that actually need bitcoin, because they have no banking system, or because worse, they have a corrupt banking system.
smart individuals will make profits using bitcoin among poor peers, and the word will spread like wild fire.
when the stock crash comes and you know it will, there are many investors who would be glad to have 1% bitcoin in their portfolio. In the USA alone this represents 1% of around $90 trillion. do the maths.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
I personally think Bitcoin is dead as a speculative investment, and is moving towards being used as a currency for super geeks. We will never see $2000+ btc Cheesy

Big finance corporations like visa and mastercard or Goldman whatever  will create new crypto protocols and upgrade their banking system for super fast transfers, the mainstream will never adopt an open source like bitcoin, never.

This is my opinion and hope u respect it.
Activity: 155
So what do you all wise men think, how bad is it looking now? Seems like Stamp bottomed 530 for the third time now. Is this something we can see as a positive thing? Triple bottom at 530? Atleast it looks like the charts have really been glowing red for some weeks now so maybe we can start hoping for a better tomorrow soon? I guess Gox is starting to be irrelevant and we might be able to move on soon?

the bottom we are looking for will come slowly and miserably over days if not weeks. we are only hours into a fresh medium term down trend, give it some time, it will likely pass through 500 and into 450. the squeeze has only just begun, 600 was not desperate territory. 500 is getting serious. only between 200-400 will the weak be relieved of their stash.

+1

I recently got a phone call of the owner of about BTC300 who had grown so tired of this downtrend that he wanted to sell now to buy back at 300. I told him that if you are so afraid now, you can't make it to buy when it is 300, so better not sell. He had owned through the 2013 bust no problem but this was getting too hard.

200 to 400 is a double, which is the same as 400 is to 800. Because BTCe and Gox have seen 200 (or almost 100), there is the symmetry that Bitstamp also see it momentarily (not necessarily happening but I wish). But the street price or any longer term price, I feel the bottom is not far from 400.

maybe we can start hoping for a better tomorrow soon? I guess Gox is starting to be irrelevant and we might be able to move on soon?

To move on, someone must start buying. Who? Me? I haven't even really started buying at these low prices, why would I start buying higher?

Would you be buying at some point anyway? I remember ypu said somewhere that you have already accumulated as many bitcoins as you feel like is neccessary. Do you have any speculation about events and/or news that would need to happen for the price to start going up? Or is it just slowly going down and then after laying low for awhile creeping up until a rally or something? Surely you don't think that we have already seen the all time ATH?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I recently got a phone call of the owner of about BTC300 who had grown so tired of this downtrend that he wanted to sell now to buy back at 300. I told him that if you are so afraid now, you can't make it to buy when it is 300, so better not sell. He had owned through the 2013 bust no problem but this was getting too hard.

This is interesting, I also manage BTC funds for relatives, and they want to let go also these last few days. After some conversations they decided to hold. I think this is proof that the most weak hands are now out of the way, but I agree we can go deeper (we just hit the Daily SMA200).
Damn, I wish it would then happen already so we could get over with it and maybe at some point start seeing some uptrend. It's so depressing to see the price go down all the time. I mean don't get me wrong, I won't be selling no matter how low we go but this is just not good entertainment at all. Waiting for the better days that hopefully are still coming. Also I can imagine how pissed people who have something in Gox are. Unbelievable that Mark is not arrested already or something, this must fill the signs of a fraud or something because basicly he is just stealing peoples money AND btc.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
So what do you all wise men think, how bad is it looking now? Seems like Stamp bottomed 530 for the third time now. Is this something we can see as a positive thing? Triple bottom at 530? Atleast it looks like the charts have really been glowing red for some weeks now so maybe we can start hoping for a better tomorrow soon? I guess Gox is starting to be irrelevant and we might be able to move on soon?

the bottom we are looking for will come slowly and miserably over days if not weeks. we are only hours into a fresh medium term down trend, give it some time, it will likely pass through 500 and into 450. the squeeze has only just begun, 600 was not desperate territory. 500 is getting serious. only between 200-400 will the weak be relieved of their stash.

+1

200 to 400 is a double, which is the same as 400 is to 800. Because BTCe and Gox have seen 200 (or almost 100), there is the symmetry that Bitstamp also see it momentarily (not necessarily happening but I wish). But the street price or any longer term price, I feel the bottom is not far from 400.

maybe we can start hoping for a better tomorrow soon? I guess Gox is starting to be irrelevant and we might be able to move on soon?

To move on, someone must start buying. Who? Me? I haven't even really started buying at these low prices, why would I start buying higher?
legendary

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Risto, this is quite unfortunate. I've been a long time lurker and am spending large amount of time soaking up previous threads. Everyday I look forward to seeing posts from few people like yourself as it ends up being TILs. I've no opposition to heavy handed moderation as long as you let me and fellow lurkers the privileges to read. Thank you for your contributions.
legendary
Despite the drama on Gox, the chart is still following the natural conditions of a correction. as I noted earlier on the forum, the wave four of an EW progression must bottom within the price range of the previous fourth wave of lower fractal. this means that Gox will not pass $46. mark my words, if the bitcoins are still in the exchange and subject to withdrawal. The forces inside information/logic will overcome the panic before $46.
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
How likely you think that the "final capitulation", will happen as last hope of getting coins out of Mt.Gox vanishes and how low you now think we can go?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
perhaps we should start spamming the "report to moderator" button until the forum is purged of the most extreme of the nonsense.

I do believe it is the speculation sub forum that has the worst of it, but I don't spend much time anywhere else so I can't say for sure. And yes I do agree it is particularly bad, but that is I believe somewhat due to those with some experience knowing that this is "down time" post bubble pop and not obsessing over the day to day price movements as much...
Jump to: