Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 321. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
I wish if I had more FIAT in stamp now.... I would be really happy, I waited for this day for 3 weeks now and I used all the $45K I had there

Mine was invested during the last hours at midprice $448. So the 2-month long quest is over. Gained about BTC400, though my loss of BTC250 in Mt.Gox should be debited from this amount.

Bitcoin, you may now rise! Smiley

I will go to my castle and occasionally post if there is something important.

my total average is $455 now, I was thinking about investing more money, but I was having second thoughts as I sent yesterday a letter to quit my job and start working on various bitcoin projects professionally, so I had to make sure to keep some FIAT reserve in my Bank account for "you never know" case....

But I am pleased in general, I am sorry for the past misunderstanding and congrats for your castle, enjoy.... hope to be hearing from you more often...

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 943
Gotta say mate. I do love your analysis and advice on here. Would be a shame to lose your input on this forum
Activity: 896
Merit: 115
Fuck you're good.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
127 acres, jeez, that's what you call privacy.

It's pretty cheap for million euro to be honest. Building(s), land, history..

http://www.arcovara.ee/en/malla

Only one million? That is shocking. I thought it would be more like ten million. I might even be able to afford that in the not too distant future...

yeah, it's cheap but not really 10 millions. You can buy some great stuff in France for 2-3 millions.

http://www.sifex.co.uk/PropertySearch.asp
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Congrats for your purchase Risto! Seems like a nice house with a proper yard also:) So what is this place going to be like? Invitation only or can everyone interested in bitcoins come and pay a visit? Will definitely visit next summer if you allow guys like me in:D Not too far from Finland. How about this Gox think, are they now really going to close the shop and go underground with everyones coins and fiat? I guess atleast THIS can now be counted for the final capitulation and after laying low for awhile we can finally have some hope of and upward movement after the dust settles and all the blood is washed away from the streets. 
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
rpietila - I hope you build lots of secret pathways, boobie-traps and hiding places that lead to clues and fragments of information that unlock keys and passwords to all your hidden treasure. make it a real mystery mansion! also make one room a super computer and mine some coins!

anyway, looks like the time to buy is approaching in the coming days, if not only to get the hell out of the exchanges.

I was correct to predict a wedge over 500, and it has just broken a major trend line and is exploring new lows.

two things to keep in mind from an EW point of view, this wave C must pass the extreme of wave B. (431) and some. I believe that we will therefore see $3xx coins.

also, having broken out from a wedge, the EW analysis implies that the coming movement is a terminal movement (as we hopefully guess). This is super exciting, having seen the charts obey some really fundamental EW principles so far.

for the sake of alternation, I expect that lows will be retested after the coming low.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Only one million? That is shocking. I thought it would be more like ten million. I might even be able to afford that in the not too distant future...
Activity: 266
I just wanted to tell you that I am finalizing the purchase of Malla Manor this week, and we will have a party there starting Friday.

Malla will be (probably) the first high-class Bitcoin retreat centre in the world. 100% owned by me, it offers 5000 sqm floor area (some under renovation) and currently 127 acres of land. The property is in the middle of beautiful countryside in Estonia, just 1 hour from Tallinn airport.

That looks incredible.  Are you planning to use it as a residence as well or will it function as a gathering point for elite BTC-ers?

Bitcoin Bilderberger
legendary
Duelbits.com

It is a very good purchase. I am not familiar at all with the Estonian real estate market, but it is apparent to anyone with experience in real estate that the value is there. Having said this I suspect the real hard part here was not the purchase of this property, but rather getting the million euro out of MTGox.  Wink

The amount of land is what makes it specially good purchase.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team

It is a very good purchase. I am not familiar at all with the Estonian real estate market, but it is apparent to anyone with experience in real estate that the value is there. Having said this I suspect the real hard part here was not the purchase of this property, but rather getting the million euro out of MTGox.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Congratulations! I will definitely come by if I ever come nearby.

How long will the renovation take? How much has already been done? Does it still like this, or has renovation already been underway?

http://register.muinas.ee/?menuID=monument&action=view&id=16010
legendary
Duelbits.com

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
I just wanted to tell you that I am finalizing the purchase of Malla Manor this week, and we will have a party there starting Friday.

Malla will be (probably) the first high-class Bitcoin retreat centre in the world. 100% owned by me, it offers 5000 sqm floor area (some under renovation) and currently 127 acres of land. The property is in the middle of beautiful countryside in Estonia, just 1 hour from Tallinn airport.

Congratulations on your purchase.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

https://i.imgur.com/PBCbZKd.png

Very impressive! I've been watching your thread for a long time although I haven't been active on this forum. I'm sad to hear that your thinking about leaving the forum, so I just want to thank you for the quality of the posts that you have provided and wish you the best.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
Trades on Localbitcoins are not verifiable. You can trade with yourself using multiple accounts. As long as you use their escrow system, the trade "happened." Likewise, all the people who use Localbitcoins to trade P2P for cash with no escrow -- those trades "never happened."

It's interesting though that when you look at long term LocalBitcoins charts, the bias is always towards over-expensive rates. Why hasn't there been corresponding attempts to depress the price, selling to yourself too low? Not sure how to account for that.

The SSL logs for trade verifications project looks promising as a way of proving the fiat quantity paid (LocalBitcoins will accept a webpage screenshot  Cheesy), but I expect a commercial/centralised service will never implement it. Fortunately, p2p exchanges are more developed than the last time I checked, and some are intending to use it, and could do so without system-wide issues. If they were to broadcast a feed of trades too, then we might well have the best platform for price discovery yet. I wonder what would happen to the charts if the majority of trade was done with the minimum friction that those exchanges would bring. Disincluding p2p cash trades from any trading API would be a must, of course.

I no longer accept that Stamp or BTC-e & Kraken etc really represent an undistorted price discovery mechanism, the Gox issues have brought the redeeming/withdrawal issues to the front of everyone's minds when making trading judgements. This may improve. Or get worse. Currently, the indications are that free market price discovery with commercial exchanges is going to be made exclusive at some future point. I'm not impressed with such a prospect, personally.

Haha, that's amazing. Hope the deal goes through ok, bitcoin country mansion retreats FTW. Wearing monocles should be mandatory.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

https://i.imgur.com/PBCbZKd.png

That looks incredible.  Are you planning to use it as a residence as well or will it function as a gathering point for elite BTC-ers?
Activity: 434
http://www.macabenefits.net/malla/

I don't recall the name of the poet who remarked something along the lines of "there are many good people in the world, they just don't have each others phone numbers".

Yours is a terrific effort, looks great, congratulations.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Activity: 826
Merit: 508
But the street price or any longer term price, I feel the bottom is not far from 400.

Important part bolded.

All deposit based exchange prices are no longer objective IMO. "Will I even get the fiat/BTC out of the exchnage?" is now firmly a part of everyone's psychology. Withdrawal circumstances can change suddenly, irrelevant of what has happened in the past. Maybe there will be an exchange that can get a long term stable withdrawal stream, but I'm not convinced yet.

LocalBitcoins high for the last 24 hours? $1117. The 30 day high is $3000. Don't count on the veracity of the price discovery taking place in these deposit based exchanges, we've seen more than enough bot action to prove that over the past few days. When only hairless apes are trading, at the same speed they can do a real life exchange, you get a very different outcome.
Where are you seeing such crazy prices?  Localbitcoins is probably a good TA indicator to consider.  During last blow off this past run up the premiums charged over exchange prices was laughably large.  Do they have an avg price feed/chart?

Trades on Localbitcoins are not verifiable. You can trade with yourself using multiple accounts. As long as you use their escrow system, the trade "happened." Likewise, all the people who use Localbitcoins to trade P2P for cash with no escrow -- those trades "never happened." I have never used escrow and have sold a good deal there.

Anyway, there's this: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/localbtcUSD#rg60ztgSzm1g10zm2g25
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
But the street price or any longer term price, I feel the bottom is not far from 400.

Important part bolded.

All deposit based exchange prices are no longer objective IMO. "Will I even get the fiat/BTC out of the exchnage?" is now firmly a part of everyone's psychology. Withdrawal circumstances can change suddenly, irrelevant of what has happened in the past. Maybe there will be an exchange that can get a long term stable withdrawal stream, but I'm not convinced yet.

LocalBitcoins high for the last 24 hours? $1117. The 30 day high is $3000. Don't count on the veracity of the price discovery taking place in these deposit based exchanges, we've seen more than enough bot action to prove that over the past few days. When only hairless apes are trading, at the same speed they can do a real life exchange, you get a very different outcome.
Where are you seeing such crazy prices?  Localbitcoins is probably a good TA indicator to consider.  During last blow off this past run up the premiums charged over exchange prices was laughably large.  Do they have an avg price feed/chart?
Jump to: