Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 325. (Read 907212 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
super Mr. Node, but you also have over $100k stuck on Gox at the moment and are a good case study for someone who has been around long enough to know better than to trust incompetence, but to have trusted it anyway - a trait shared by many Gox traders it seems.

Yes, I am terribly naïve, I know that. But the same trait let me buy into bitcoin at the time when most people in the world, or even my friends, did not do it.

Still, blaming the victim is not only lowlife and disgusting, but also against legal tradition. The conman is punished, not the victim. How did you get it the other way round?  Huh

The sum at Gox when I made it clear to them I wanted it all out (Jan 10) was over $1,000,000.

The realized losses after getting it out were over $150,000.

No, I don't have material value in Gox atm but situation may change.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
@rpietila: What's your take on the capitulation state, is it over? do you think we are going to see that $400?
The current situation with gox is a bit puzzling. $600 sounds really like a cool price, but when gox finally sorts out its shit the market response will be completely impredictable. price jumping up like with Stamp, or a big goxcoin dumping everywhere.
Actually, I think this will happen in two steps.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
If any one of you has friends that want to sell their goxBTC for goxUSD because "everything is over", let me buy them instead for realUSD. At least he gets the money, and easily more than the gox rate of 282.
My question to you is are you going to continue to use Gox once you get your BTC back from them?

I am very curious how many of these hapless Gox traders will continue to use that exchange once Gox goes back to "normal."

Hell, no. Never again. I just buy the goxfiatusd/goxfiatbtc for something of universal value. Then sell them to the ppl who want to buy at 65-70% and make a cut. My edge is that I am doing fully legally compliant, 11-year old company, all currencies, all conversions, gold&silver OK, speak English. After all, I'm a supernode, and they have these kinds on things and know how to use them Smiley

Well that's super Mr. Node, but you also have over $100k stuck on Gox at the moment and are a good case study for someone who has been around long enough to know better than to trust incompetence, but to have trusted it anyway - a trait shared by many Gox traders it seems. And I am curious as to the long term consequences to Gox - I know Gox will shrink even more in market share, but I am curious to what degree.
donator
If any one of you has friends that want to sell their goxBTC for goxUSD because "everything is over", let me buy them instead for realUSD. At least he gets the money, and easily more than the gox rate of 282.
My question to you is are you going to continue to use Gox once you get your BTC back from them?

I am very curious how many of these hapless Gox traders will continue to use that exchange once Gox goes back to "normal."

Hell, no. Never again. I just buy the goxfiatusd/goxfiatbtc for something of universal value. Then sell them to the ppl who want to buy at 65-70% and make a cut. My edge is that I am doing fully legally compliant, 11-year old company, all currencies, all conversions, gold&silver OK, speak English. After all, I'm a supernode, and they have these kinds on things and know how to use them Smiley
donator
What is being manipulated, is the media.

- Gox has not been telling about its problems anything, ever to its general userbase. Now it is starting to make sense.

- Media is telling, esp. in the days to come, that Bitcoin is crashing and is finished.

- Most of Gox customers (by number at least) still have no picture what is happening in there. Many don't even follow any price (or any other price than gox), and if they are tempted to sell before it goes to zero, gox is their only way to sell.

- They might think that "at least they get the USD out". Well, that they most surely don't do.

- I believe this explains why goxbux is trading at such a premium even though the professional market (goxbtc/btc) is only pricing gox failure at 10-15%.

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
RicePicker
Mat, y u jealous?  Grin

You can do it too, you just have to stop being angry on whole world because you thought Bitcoin popped at 10$.  Grin

For someone that has made so much money through bitcoins you spend a lot of time on the forums arguing against other people that you disagree with. Do you not have anything else better with you time other than criticize other peoples opinion because they are not similar to yours? Yes we know you have made a good amount of profit through bitcoin trading, but does it make your ego better rubbing it in other peoples faces?   
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
http://nypost.com/2014/02/15/welcome-to-21st-century-ponzi-scheme-bitcoin/

beautifully crafted piece of mainstream FUD.

I think this means we are closer to the bottom than the top, but perhaps still quite far from the bottom.

Wow! Masterpiece.
Piece of collection, to store for a bitcoin museum in few years.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
wow I was completely wrong with my analysis of gox bottoming. I guess anything is possible with the right fundamentals.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I'm not down a single penny since December 2013, I'm up way more.

But unlike you, I haven't spent last 2 months talking utter nonsense and presenting it as facts here but made at least 300 BTC trading all kind of shit. For example I'm just closing my McxFees trade that will pocket me 190-200 BTC of pure profit in some 2 weeks.

As long as my BTC wallet is rising with such speed I couldn't give a less shit where Bitcoin will be in next few weeks  Wink. And you just keep talking your theories, that will send you very far Cheesy

It is because of cockroaches like you, that a part of me would love to see Bitcoin go down the pan. Perhaps it will one day and if it does, probably you will still be riding on it, perhaps with 3000 BTC by then, bragging about how many coins you have in your wallet all the way down and into the black hole. As every Pro Trader will tell you, there is a shit-load of dumb money in Bitcoin, because a shit-load of dummies got fkn rich for being nothing but fkn dummies. Now they think that being like a dummy, is being smart.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Bitcoin is once again looking like a terrible prospect.

Hi Mat, we've spoken before.
I'm rather disturbed by that statement - not its content per se but if you genuinely think this, why bother spending time here.  As someone commented a few days back: "perhaps you don't like classical music, but would you spend you time on a classical music forum, where people love classical music, telling them they were wrong and had bad taste."  

Personally, I don't think BTC is a "terrible prospect" but I do think its under fire at present, probably for doing so well recently (or as we call it in Australia "tall poppy syndrome") but I think it is wise to keep our judgements in perspective.

Yeah Mat. Get onto the Beethoven forum and tell them you think Beethoven fans are a viper's nest of thieves, liars and starry-eyed fools!  Cheesy

Beethoven's rubbish, Faure, Schubert or Wagner thanks.

Seriously, this wasn't an attack on Mat, just a continuation of an exchange we had about the futility of forums really.  But let's not take this too off-topic.  Risto will ban me at this rate.

Then you must love Tannhauser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHLGVl9Ek8E
EDIT: "watching the bitcoin charts" remix!

Last off-topic post, promise!  Smiley

I cannot comprehend how someone who loves Schubert and Wagner could think that Beethoven is rubbish. Honestly, I think people who think Beethoven is rubbish are lacking a complete human soul.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I'm not down a single penny since December 2013, I'm up way more.

But unlike you, I haven't spent last 2 months talking utter nonsense and presenting it as facts here but made at least 300 BTC trading all kind of shit. For example I'm just closing my McxFees trade that will pocket me 190-200 BTC of pure profit in some 2 weeks.

As long as my BTC wallet is rising with such speed I couldn't give a less shit where Bitcoin will be in next few weeks Wink, I'm perfectly fine with 400$, even 300$ though it wouldn't be such fun Cheesy.

And you just keep talking your theories, that will send you very far Cheesy
Speculators like nothing more than times like this.

Then why don't you pile in and go long Bitcoin, Herr Speculator?

This past few days I observed gox hit rock bottom at 300 and reverse. that's what it looks like, and that's what it looked like in july with 66. when its just smashed against the same level for 3 days with a slowly increasing support and theres one guy dumping relentlessly on high volume and another guy using a stealth pattern to accumulate an unlimited amount of coins. I have no idea what this means for the rest of the market trading at 650 though.

Leave MtGox to one side. It is a silly place.

On Bitstamp in July 2013, there were 6 days when Bitcoin could have been had for less than $70, and it looked and behaved undeniably shit for around 2 months prior to that.

On Bistamp on Feb 8th and Feb 12th, there was a 2 minute period, and then perhaps a total of 60-90 minutes, where Bitcoin could be got for around $570 or less. Outwith those flash crashes, Bitcoin has been in either $700s or $600s. Bitcoin also behaved undeniably shit for just about 10 days prior to the first of these flash crashes, when $765 support was breached and break-down from wedge confirmed (you could argue that the whole $765 support wedge was Bitcoin behaving shit, but plenty people here 'expected' break out from there.....not me of course).

These two bottoms, are two very different kinds of bottom, that much is clear. The recent double bottom, which has lots of bullish indications about it if not for the time in the market phase when it occurred has shown far too much buy pressure and far too much resistance to sell at these lows which resulted in the buying pressure pushing the price dramatically northwards and shows that there is probably still too much positivity left in the market for $540 to be the double bottom of the bear trend reversal. In July 2013, there was a huge amount of volume relative to the time, yet the price remained relatively stable around the bottomed out price range over a (in Bitcoin terms) long period of time.

How rich for someone who thought same and sold his Bitcoins at 10$ piece.

I wasn't speculating in Bitcoins back then. To me, Bitcoins were a form of online currency, that I used to make purchases with. I was using $10 BTC, and considerably cheaper than $10 BTC in the market place, helping to provide Bitcoin with an economic backbone and thus enabling parasite leech fucks like you to get in nice and early on the Bitcoin pyramid scheme hoarding game. Providing nothing of value but just sitting there sucking up the wealth of the later arrivals.

Back then, I subscribed to the gold bug fight the bankers paradigm and would have held even if Gold hit $5000 and Silver hit $500, like all the internet gold bugs and silver stackers were assuring everyone that they would. It took a long time into the metal's bear trend for me to stop believing in all the bullshit stories and finally admit to myself that I was only going to lose value on these investments. I have learned my lesson from allowing myself to become emotionally attached to investment vehicles. You haven't and one day you will be punished for it. Indeed, you have already been punished. You are already down around 50% of your net worth compared to Dec 2013, but you have much harder lessons to come yet.

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Personally, I don't think BTC is a "terrible prospect"

Nobody feels excited by Bitcoin anymore. And by nobody I mean no speculators. When speculative sentiment turns lukewarm, indifferent, and then even negative on a largely speculative asset, there can only be one logical conclusion.

Bitcoin will find it's low in this bear trend, not with a flash or a bang, but with a whimper. Holders of $200 - $300 (or whatever) Bitcoin will think nothing of selling them and buyers will think nothing off buying them. That will be how sentiment is by the time this bear trends reverses, by which point the majority will not even recognise or care that is has reversed. That is how it was in Bitcoin twice before, that it was how it was in the precious metals markets up until very recently (they are taking off again).

This is how it will happen. Feel free to 'quote for truth' in order to remind me of how wrong I was at some future date, cos the opportunity aint ever gonna arise as far as this call goes.

How rich for someone who thought same and sold his Bitcoins at 10$ piece.

Hahaha
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Bah.  Crazy talk. 

Speculators like nothing more than times like this.
Activity: 728
This past few days I observed gox hit rock bottom at 300 and reverse. that's what it looks like, and that's what it looked like in july with 66. when its just smashed against the same level for 3 days with a slowly increasing support and theres one guy dumping relentlessly on high volume and another guy using a stealth pattern to accumulate an unlimited amount of coins. I have no idea what this means for the rest of the market trading at 650 though.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

Nobody feels excited by Bitcoin anymore. And by nobody I mean no speculators. When speculative sentiment turns lukewarm, indifferent, and then even negative on a largely speculative asset, there can only be one logical conclusion.

Bitcoin will find it's low in this bear trend, not with a flash or a bang, but with a whimper. Holders of $200 - $300 (or whatever) Bitcoin will think nothing of selling them and buyers will think nothing off buying them. That will be how sentiment is by the time this bear trends reverses, by which point the majority will not even recognise or care that is has reversed. That is how it was in Bitcoin twice before, that it was how it was in the precious metals markets up until very recently (they are taking off again).

This is how it will happen. Feel free to 'quote for truth' in order to remind me of how wrong I was at some future date, cos the opportunity aint ever gonna arise as far as this call goes.

This +1
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Two recent booms coincided with ASIC tech coming out which made people throw money indirectly into bitcoin by purchasing miners.  While their decision was wrong from ROI standpoint the fiat investment totals were likely massive.  We should have one more boom wave coming in about 1-2 months with 3rd gen chips coming out.  How big a boom will depend on diff and chip specs.

Only 1 boom left?
Maybe after the 3rd gen chips come out, there will be more powerfull asic miners.
Maybe even for less money to, can we expect more booms then?
I think bitcoin has recently found alot of new spectators, that are gettin more interested in bitcoin and the whole cryptocurrency world.
Goverments and more company's are getting involved, and just maybe if we get a little good press for once, bitcoin can use it and will rise hopefully Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Two recent booms coincided with ASIC tech coming out which made people throw money indirectly into bitcoin by purchasing miners.  While their decision was wrong from ROI standpoint the fiat investment totals were likely massive.  We should have one more boom wave coming in about 1-2 months with 3rd gen chips coming out.  How big a boom will depend on diff and chip specs.

Activity: 644
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

Bitcoin is once again looking like a terrible prospect.

Hi Mat, we've spoken before.
I'm rather disturbed by that statement - not its content per se but if you genuinely think this, why bother spending time here.  As someone commented a few days back: "perhaps you don't like classical music, but would you spend you time on a classical music forum, where people love classical music, telling them they were wrong and had bad taste."  

Personally, I don't think BTC is a "terrible prospect" but I do think its under fire at present, probably for doing so well recently (or as we call it in Australia "tall poppy syndrome") but I think it is wise to keep our judgements in perspective.

Yeah Mat. Get onto the Beethoven forum and tell them you think Beethoven fans are a viper's nest of thieves, liars and starry-eyed fools!  Cheesy

Beethoven's rubbish, Faure, Schubert or Wagner thanks.

Seriously, this wasn't an attack on Mat, just a continuation of an exchange we had about the futility of forums really.  But let's not take this too off-topic.  Risto will ban me at this rate.

Then you must love Tannhauser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHLGVl9Ek8E
EDIT: "watching the bitcoin charts" remix!

Last off-topic post, promise!  Smiley
Jump to: