Pages:
Author

Topic: Russian Invasion of Ukraine[In Progress] - page 4. (Read 56635 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1575
Do not die for Putin
Ukraine will be getting a few F-16 this year, around 16. A total of 56 are now effectively pledged by European countries, with not much to be shown from the US. While 56 planes will not guarantee air superiority, these are certainly going to make life more difficult for the SU-24 & SU-25 that are launching the glide bombs. Ukraine is likely to keep hitting refineries, as the support from the US is not arriving anyway and there are not that many alternatives to make sure Ruzzia costs far exceed anything resonable for this war.

Edited to add: Three Ruzzian S-400 launchers and the critically expensive radar has been destroyed by a strike in dzhankoy airbase, some jets may have also been hit with what appears to be ATACMS. Also military installations deep in Ruzzia (Tatarstan) are under drone attacks.

The damage is significant, but the fact that there may be ATACAMS in Ukraine is even more important. May have the US traded ATACAMS for a ban in attacks to oil refineries?

https://metro.co.uk/video/ukraine-strikes-dzhankoy-military-airfield-occupied-crimea-3169469/
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
More and more people are seeing through the lie that the US warmongers are broadcasting. Because of the US financing Ukraine, possibly 400,000 soldiers have died in that war. Millions have been displaced, or have migrated just to stay out of the war. Young men from both countries are fleeing conscription. Many are winding up in Bulgaria.

The thing that Russia had meant to simply be a short-term police action against the Ukraine government for killing their own people, has been turned into a bloodbath by warmongers in the US and Nato.

A Word to the UNSC

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2024/04/karen-kwiatkowski/a-word-to-the-unsc/
Over 20 years ago I was present in that same building listening to something, I can't remember what.  I recalled the vastness of the chamber, and it was certainly disconcerting on Friday to be on a big screen that reminded me of this scene in V for Vendetta.  My husband told me afterwards I should have thrown away my papers, and told the body what I really think!

Below is the video of what I did say to them. It is also what I really think, of course.  The rest of the meeting was eye opening.  For what it is worth:

Madam President, thank you for allowing me to speak.  I am a retired Air Force Lt Col, who began to question the government I served in 2002 as I watched my organization within the Pentagon manipulate information to sell an unnecessary and unjustified war, in that case, the March 2003 invasion of Iraq.

I want to make 3 points concerning how Western supplies to Ukraine have been, and remain, a barrier to peace.

First, Western aid and support has enabled war, and opposed peace.  It is not sent there for Ukrainians, but for a government in Kiev initially chosen via a State Department and CIA influenced coup in 2014, to militarily confront Russia. This proxy embraced a kind of Ukrainian nationalism that relied heavily on Ukrainian Nazi ideology.  Nazism is publicly rare and always condemned.  But in Ukraine, it unified the kind of people who would do what the US and NATO desired.  Therefore, history was forgotten, truth ignored, and Ukrainian culture denigrated – because a proxy war to weaken Russia, politically and economically, was desired by some in the west.   US Senators and NATO leadership continue to celebrate this "good investment."

Western assistance in weapons, surveillance and intelligence, as well as diplomatic "help" enabled 8 years of Kiev's assault on the Donbass. The Russian military response —  no doubt violent, deadly, and in violation of international law — reminds me of several US military operations I supported when in uniform – except when the US invaded, we discovered later that we were not really there to stop a war, to liberate anyone, to increase their freedom, or ensure their prosperity.

Cool
Activity: 54
Merit: 7
Is it still 3 days to Kiyv or it has change to 3 cm a day till Kharkiv?
Just asking for a friend, I want to know if I can spend my summer relax in Portugal since the red army is definitely on the verge of crossing the Alps!

Your cope is actually an interesting and amusing study in psychology.

This coming from a guy who has seen Russia conquering everything in sight for two years, learn what cope is first, you copium addict!

legendary
Do not die for Putin
There seems to be some desperation signs in all this.
You need to reconsider your position on the topic of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict to a more realistic one in order to stop looking like a complete idiot. It is obvious that Ukraine is losing in this confrontation and nothing can be done about it, and US financial assistance is not able to significantly change the balance of power.

Look, I know you feel like all going well and "winning" whatever, but your army is sending their infantry troops to take positions sitting on top of tanks and in unarmoured vehicles ("Chinese golfcarts"). Near Tonenke, there are above a 100 Ruzzian vehicles destroyed without even reaching an Ukrainian position.

So yes, Ukraine is lacking sufficient air defence and has limited 155MM, but may no mistake, you are just a few US senator's votes away from a massive military disaster. Just pray that someone in the US does not decide to trade something in exchange, because you'll be getting 60 billion worth high-explosive sent to anything that has any value in Ruzzia.
legendary
The only people who don't think that this war is a game, are the drafted soldiers of Ukraine. Certainly the leaders of these countries are kinda laughing.

Macron First Threatens Russia With Troops, Then Buys €600 Million Of Gas From Moscow In Q1 2024

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/macron-first-threatens-russia-troops-then-buys-eu600-million-gas-moscow-q1-2024
According to new data, France is quietly paying more and more for Russian gas, even as France uses increasingly harsh rhetoric towards Russia.

In fact, the Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) think tank indicates that Russian liquefied natural gas shipments saw a bigger increase in France than any other EU country last year. The €600 million France paid will undoubtedly help fuel Russia's war effort in Ukraine.

[VIDEO]

Last month, Macron said France could not rule out sending troops to Ukraine, with the announcement sparking fierce debate across Europe.

Macron went so far as to call on fellow NATO allies to not be “cowards.”

Many European leaders reacted harshly to Macron’s statements, including several nations stating plainly they would not send any of their own troops to participate in the conflict.

France has continuously tried to justify its gas and oil purchases from Russia by arguing that it is locked into long-term contracts with Russia that are difficult to cancel.

Critics say that Macron could be doing more to reduce France’s reliance on natural gas from Russia, especially when he is claiming that France is one of Ukraine’s greatest allies.

Cool
copper member
Activity: 2058
Merit: 900
White Russian
There seems to be some desperation signs in all this.
You need to reconsider your position on the topic of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict to a more realistic one in order to stop looking like a complete idiot. It is obvious that Ukraine is losing in this confrontation and nothing can be done about it, and US financial assistance is not able to significantly change the balance of power.
legendary
Now we'll see how aggressive Russia really is. Looks like they could easily take Ukraine out any time they wanted... if that's what they wanted.

Ukraine runs out of air defense missiles giving Russia a ‘free pass’ to Kyiv, warns Bild security analyst

https://www.rmx.news/ukraine/ukraine-runs-out-of-air-defense-missiles-giving-russia-a-free-pass-to-kyiv-warns-bild-security-analyst/
Ukraine has run out of missiles for use in Western air defense systems, and nearly all stock for other air defense means has either been depleted or destroyed, the senior editor for security policy at Germany’s best-selling newspaper has warned.

Bild analyst Julian Röpcke took to X on Thursday to claim that Kyiv no longer has access to Patriot and IRIS-T missiles to operate its ground-to-air defense systems and repel Russian attacks.

“This, while we have hundreds of systems and thousands of missiles in our depots. No words. Just anger,” the German journalist wrote.

“Kyiv’s airspace is a free pass for [Russian fighter jets] now,” Röpcke added, claiming that Ukrainian troops had been running on empty regarding ammunition stocks for some time and the remaining arsenal had surely now run dry.

“A source told me the alleged exact current number [of remaining missiles] two weeks ago. I won’t reveal it, of course. But the number was so small, it must be close to nothing now,” he wrote.

Ukraine’s limited ability to defend itself was taken full advantage of by Russian forces on Thursday as more than 40 attack drones and missiles rained down on key infrastructure in major cities including Kharkiv, Lviv, Kyiv, and Odesa.

According to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, ground troops were unable to shoot down all cruise missiles while none of the six Kinzhal aeroballistic missiles launched by Russia were intercepted.

Zelensky had warned last week of the need for greater provisions from allies, calling on NATO members to help with further military support.

Cool
legendary
Do not die for Putin
Latest news, Ukraine is discussing the possibility of sending sentenced criminals as soldiers in exchange for sentence reductions and the like. This would not be available for the most serious crimes though. I guess they liked the Ruzzian experiment on this regard.

Also, Greece and denmark have approved the transfer of F-16 to Ukraine, although it may require some time unfortunately. This should be of help to stop the FAB bombing that is becoming a problem in Kharkiv -  as Ruzzia is again playing the war criminal / mafia cards by trying to make life impossible for civilians by simply bombing over and over. This is also an issue along the front in general, but it will eventually be stopped.

There are signs of massive assaults from Ruzzia resulting in tank cementeries all over. There are 90 vehicles abandoned in just one section of the front, all in the last couple of weeks. Chinese "golfcarts" are being used to transport troops in assault operations. There seems to be some desperation signs in all this.

legendary
How to get out of being a drafted soldier in Ukraine. I wonder if this includes drafted women marrying disabled men. After all, there are many disabled men in Ukraine... disabled from the war. In addition, what would happen if this law could include same-sex marriage?

(Maybe, even though she is in a wheelchair, she is only disabled from the waist to the armpits.)

Ukrainian men paying DISABLED WOMEN for marriage to escape the draft

https://www.naturalnews.com/2024-04-09-ukrainian-men-paying-disabled-women-escape-draft.html
As the Ukrainian government is desperately pulling out all the stops to address its shortage of manpower, Ukrainian men have resorted to paying disabled women for marriage to escape Kyiv's mandatory conscription.

Ukrainian outlet NGL Media disclosed details of this scheme in a March 15 report. According to the piece, fighting-age men can defer mandatory military service if they have a disabled dependent. They are also permitted to leave Ukraine's borders, which many do so for good as per the news outlet.

This scheme, which many draft dodgers are exploiting, is actually included in the country's martial law legislation. NGL Media nevertheless acknowledged that such fake marriages "are not treated as against the law" and that the scheme "is completely legal."

The anti-corruption outlet's investigation found scores of groups on Facebook and Telegram that facilitate this practice. There were able-bodied men looking for a disabled wife to marry and disabled women looking for a military-age husband. Also present in these groups were intermediaries who would "arrange" the fake marriages for a price.

"In my experience, out of 100 cases of servicemen who apply for discharge for family reasons, 95 cases use that topic – i.e. if their wife, their parents or their wife's parents have a disability. To get an exemption, it is enough to have such a marriage," said Ukrainian lawyer Yevhen Filipets.

"It is almost impossible to prove the marriage is fake; it is possible only through a court decision. And one of the spouses has the right to go to court to recognize such a marriage as fake. Will [they] apply in these circumstances? I don't think so. Ukrainian people are very resourceful."

Cool
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
"Challenger 2 tanks can penetrate Russian fortified positions." - David Axe, Forbes, 31.05.2023.
"British Challenger 2 is the wrong tank for Ukraine. Heavy, unprotected and difficult to maintain." - David Axe, Forbes, 27.03.2024.

50 F-35, 20 more patriot batteries, 1000 Taurus, 500 tanks of any modern type, 2000 IFV & APCs of any type, 10M 155MM shells and 500 artillery pieces are the "right tank" for Ukraine - paxmao

Gotta send at least twice that many in order to overcome the corruption whereby pilferage is a feature at pretty much every point in the pipeline.

It has been confirmed that another Ruzzian ship has suffered some "problems", this time it has been an Ice Breaker. To be fighting a country without a navy worth mentioning, Ruzzia is having quite a few waterways.

Your cope is actually an interesting and amusing study in psychology.  Or analysis of AI technology.  Hard to say which, and the technology is in a state of flux.

legendary
Do not die for Putin
"Challenger 2 tanks can penetrate Russian fortified positions." - David Axe, Forbes, 31.05.2023.
"British Challenger 2 is the wrong tank for Ukraine. Heavy, unprotected and difficult to maintain." - David Axe, Forbes, 27.03.2024.

50 F-35, 20 more patriot batteries, 1000 Taurus, 500 tanks of any modern type, 2000 IFV & APCs of any type, 10M 155MM shells and 500 artillery pieces are the "right tank" for Ukraine - paxmao

It has been confirmed that another Ruzzian ship has suffered some "problems", this time it has been an Ice Breaker. To be fighting a country without a navy worth mentioning, Ruzzia is having quite a few waterways.

Activity: 2422
Merit: 318
legendary
Do not die for Putin
Two sources have confirmed that a Ruzzian ship has been damaged, but this time in the Baltic fleet port of Kaliningrad (Konigsberg). The ships name is Sherpukov. This is a missile ship built recently. Apparently, Ukrainian operatives were able to gain access to the interior of the ship and started a fire in one of the interior rooms, targeting the expensive and difficult to replace electronics and control systems. There are unconfirmed news of some other two ships being targets.

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1777343588323442924?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

But on topic, time in my view is not a big factor for either side compared to the effectiveness of the allied help. If China stops by-passing sanctions or if US cuts all aid to Ukraine has much bigger effect.

Bypassing sanctions? They never imposed sanctions...they're not rooineks colony anymore, stop
pretending that you can command them
legendary
Do not die for Putin
Ukraine has been able to hit at least 4 military airfields in Ruzzia. Among the planes damages, strategic bombers and a number of SU planes in Yeysk, Kurst and, believe it or not, Engels airbase! This is a really high level of pain for Ruzzia for continuing the war, while the front is now relatively estable.

If Ukraine manages to keep planes away from the front, Ruzzia may even not been able to take Chasiv Yar ever, as they would need the FAB to remove some of Ukraine's strong points.
A few weeks ago, Ukrainian Air Force speaker Ignat shot down 2-3 Russian planes a day on the Internet, although he was later fired for bullshit. Judging by recent satellite images, everything is ok with military airfields.

Look, there are claims that are difficult to proof and others that are easier to proof. In the case of downing 2 planes a day, it may not be possible to have footage for all of them so I guess you will feel better thinking it did not happen. However, hitting the airbases or refineries it is quite easy to proof, so just wait for the satellite pictures to see the extent if you want, but denying is just silly in this case.

The more the time passes the more it is in favor of Ukraine,Russia has made their economy going to ashes with this unjustified senseless war from more than 2 years now,in fact this is one of the longest ongoing wars that Russia has made,which has a big amount of lost wars except the World War II that they won only because of the stupidity of German Nazi (of course they did the right thing there to stop that genocide it was going on) yet since then Russia has lost every single other war they have taken part in and they are far from being the army that they claim to be,more than 2 years and they have not conquered Ukraine,how can they believe to win against a much more developed nations with much more advanced weaponry,they simply can't and it is in their benefit to stop this war as soon as possible or otherwise if they lose it they have to even payback to Ukraine while they are suffering in their economy really big nowadays.

Russia won wars against Georgia, Chechnya, and USA/ISIS coalition in Syria and kept peace between Armenia and Azerbaijan until
Armenia called USA to help

Regarding nonsense about "time is in favor of Ukraine", lets check what Ukrainians say:

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-great-risk-front-line-collapse-war-russia/

"“Zaluzhny used to call it ‘the War of One Chance,’” one of the officers said. “By that, he meant weapons systems become redundant very quickly because they’re quickly countered by the Russians. For example, we used Storm Shadow and SCALP cruise missiles [supplied by Britain and France] successfully — but just for a short time. The Russians are always studying. They don’t give us a second chance. And they’re successful in this.”

“Don’t believe the hype about them just throwing troops into the meat grinder to be slaughtered,” he added. “They do that too, of course — maximizing even more the impact of their superior numbers — but they also learn and refine.”"

Of course Ruzzians adapt! For example their flagship, a sub, several landing ships have adapted perfectly into coral reef habitats and submarine tourist attractions. Also, their tanks have adapted to be destroyed perfectly well by drones, but this time with a pallet of electronic equipment attached to them.

It is curious how you are willing to believe Zaluzhny when he says something you want to hear, but someone who claims to have been in combat should know that information provided freely by the enemy is not information.

But on topic, time in my view is not a big factor for either side compared to the effectiveness of the allied help. If China stops by-passing sanctions or if US cuts all aid to Ukraine has much bigger effect.
Ukraine has been able to hit at least 4 military airfields in Ruzzia. Among the planes damages, strategic bombers and a number of SU planes in Yeysk, Kurst and, believe it or not, Engels airbase! This is a really high level of pain for Ruzzia for continuing the war, while the front is now relatively estable.

If Ukraine manages to keep planes away from the front, Ruzzia may even not been able to take Chasiv Yar ever, as they would need the FAB to remove some of Ukraine's strong points.
A few weeks ago, Ukrainian Air Force speaker Ignat shot down 2-3 Russian planes a day on the Internet, although he was later fired for bullshit. Judging by recent satellite images, everything is ok with military airfields.

Look, there are claims that are difficult to proof and others that are easier to proof. In the case of downing 2 planes a day, it may not be possible to have footage for all of them so I guess you will feel better thinking it did not happen. However, hitting the airbases or refineries it is quite easy to proof, so just wait for the satellite pictures to see the extent if you want, but denying is just silly in this case.

The more the time passes the more it is in favor of Ukraine,Russia has made their economy going to ashes with this unjustified senseless war from more than 2 years now,in fact this is one of the longest ongoing wars that Russia has made,which has a big amount of lost wars except the World War II that they won only because of the stupidity of German Nazi (of course they did the right thing there to stop that genocide it was going on) yet since then Russia has lost every single other war they have taken part in and they are far from being the army that they claim to be,more than 2 years and they have not conquered Ukraine,how can they believe to win against a much more developed nations with much more advanced weaponry,they simply can't and it is in their benefit to stop this war as soon as possible or otherwise if they lose it they have to even payback to Ukraine while they are suffering in their economy really big nowadays.

Russia won wars against Georgia, Chechnya, and USA/ISIS coalition in Syria and kept peace between Armenia and Azerbaijan until
Armenia called USA to help

Regarding nonsense about "time is in favor of Ukraine", lets check what Ukrainians say:

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-great-risk-front-line-collapse-war-russia/

"“Zaluzhny used to call it ‘the War of One Chance,’” one of the officers said. “By that, he meant weapons systems become redundant very quickly because they’re quickly countered by the Russians. For example, we used Storm Shadow and SCALP cruise missiles [supplied by Britain and France] successfully — but just for a short time. The Russians are always studying. They don’t give us a second chance. And they’re successful in this.”

“Don’t believe the hype about them just throwing troops into the meat grinder to be slaughtered,” he added. “They do that too, of course — maximizing even more the impact of their superior numbers — but they also learn and refine.”"
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1233
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

legendary
Do not die for Putin

Yep, I checked the latest satellite images of the military airfield in Engels before writing the previous message, and they show no signs of destruction. This was a joint psychological operation of the SBU and the GRU, and you again gave out wishful thinking.

Regarding the attacks on oil refineries. Russia had to stop exporting gasoline and even import gasoline from Belarus to avoid shortages and rising prices on the domestic market. At the same time, this led to an increase in oil prices on the world market, which caused Biden’s dissatisfaction with Zelensky’s short-sighted actions. Because the United States needs to continue to replenish its strategic reserve and because rising US gasoline prices always lead to people’s dissatisfaction with the current president, which is extremely disadvantageous for Biden on the eve of the elections.

I have not checked credible imagery yet, damages may be limited...this time - meaning Ukraine has the ability to reach those airfields. Wanna try keeping your strategic bombers from the soviet legacy there and hope the next attack will not succeed?

In so far as fuel, well, you said that it is Biden blocking the aid or that he could actually activate the aid (I disagree). Then attacking the refineries is just perfect - if the US wants the oil price to be low for elections they just have to send the aid required to end this war with a valid outcome for Ukraine (I do not like the term "victory", that is for history books).

I think we may be seeing more attacks on critical Ruzzian infrastructure - there is simply not enough air defence to cover the vast territory.
copper member
Activity: 2058
Merit: 900
White Russian

Yep, I checked the latest satellite images of the military airfield in Engels before writing the previous message, and they show no signs of destruction. This was a joint psychological operation of the SBU and the GRU, and you again gave out wishful thinking.

Regarding the attacks on oil refineries. Russia had to stop exporting gasoline and even import gasoline from Belarus to avoid shortages and rising prices on the domestic market. At the same time, this led to an increase in oil prices on the world market, which caused Biden’s dissatisfaction with Zelensky’s short-sighted actions. Because the United States needs to continue to replenish its strategic reserve and because rising US gasoline prices always lead to people’s dissatisfaction with the current president, which is extremely disadvantageous for Biden on the eve of the elections.
legendary
Do not die for Putin

Pages:
Jump to: