Pages:
Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 29. (Read 845591 times)

Activity: 233
Merit: 1
June 10, 2019, 08:46:41 AM
very popular topic, I'm shocked
Activity: 261
Merit: 3
June 10, 2019, 08:32:20 AM
This article is really interesting
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
June 10, 2019, 08:07:23 AM
Being a Christian crystal lover, I have always been fascinated by crystals in the bible. The truth is that reading about crystals in the Bible makes me feel actually relaxed. It’s proof that God approves! Why were they placed on the breastplate of the high priest? What did God mean when instructed people to create an altar made from crystals and incenses? So, this post is dedicated to the instances where crystals are mentioned in the bible and how the individual uses of the crystal can affect your body and mind. I do recommend the crystal selenite specifically in this case.

Source - healing crystals blog.

tests are not stories, they are scientific observations. A measurement of the power of mind.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swami_Rama

Śrī Swāmī Rāma (1925–1996) was an Indian yógī. Several Indian yogis have influenced Westerners including Swami Vivekananda, Ramkrishna Paramhansa, Paramhansa Yogananda and many more. Swami Rama was one of the first yogis, however, to be studied by Western scientists. In the 1960s he was examined by scientists at the Menninger Clinic who studied his ability to voluntarily control bodily processes (such as heartbeat, blood pressure, and body temperature) that are normally considered to be non-voluntary (autonomic).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_nidra#Scientific_evaluation Smiley

The swami demonstrated the capacity to enter the various states of consciousness at will, as evidenced by remarkable changes in the electrical activity of his brain. Upon relaxing himself in the laboratory, he first entered the yoga nidra state, producing 70% alpha wave discharge for a predetermined 5 minute period, simply by imagining an empty blue sky with occasional drifting clouds. [7] Next, Swami Rama entered a state of dreaming sleep which was accompanied by slower theta waves for 75% of the subsequent 5 minute test period.[7] This state, which he later described as being "noisy and unpleasant", was attained by "stilling the conscious mind and bringing forth the subconscious". In this state he had the internal experience of desires, ambitions, memories and past images in archetypal form rising sequentially from the subconscious and unconscious with a rush, each archetype occupying his whole awareness.[7]

Finally, the swami entered the state of (usually unconscious) deep sleep, as verified by the emergence of the characteristic pattern of slow rhythm delta waves. However, he remained perfectly aware throughout the entire experimental period.[7] He later recalled the various events which had occurred in the laboratory during the experiment, including all the questions that one of the scientists had asked him during the period of deep delta wave sleep, while his body lay snoring quietly.

http://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/siddhis-attain-yoga-powers/

Mainstream science is not so sure. Many scientists and scholars trained within the Western worldview regard such powers not as supernormal capacities of the human mind, but as superstitions used solely to promote religious faith.

“In Buddhism, these are not miracles in the sense of being supernatural events, any more than the discovery and amazing uses of lasers are miraculous— however they may appear to those ignorant of the nature and potentials of light. Such contemplatives claim to have realized the nature and potentials of consciousness far beyond anything known in contemporary science. What may appear supernatural to a scientist or a layperson may seem perfectly natural to an advanced contemplative, much as certain technological advances may appear miraculous to a contemplative.”

Attaining The Siddhis

“The whole history of science shows us that whenever the educated and scientific men of any age have denied the facts of other investigators on a priori grounds of absurdity or impossibility, the deniers have always been wrong.”

— Alfred Russell Wallace

The Yoga Sutras provide a taxonomy of supernormal mental powers and a means of obtaining them. Today we would classify most of the siddhis as various forms of psychic, or psi, phenomena. Others might be called exceptionally precise means of controlling the mind- body relationship.

Before we begin our scientific examination of the siddhis, it is noteworthy that Patanjali and others specifically highlighted the dangers  of dwelling on the siddhis. Patanjali states in Sutra III.51 a warning that may be translated as:

Avoid invitations to display or identify with any accomplishments in yoga, including the siddhis, even if invited by a respected person, because this can reinforce one’s sense of separate self, leading to ego, pride, and arrogance, and this becomes an impediment toward further spiritual unfoldment. There are many ways that this trap can manifest. If personal pride or greed causes one to be seduced by the ever-present challenge of proving one’s abilities to skeptics, such as using psychic abilities to win a prize, then the power gained by that seduction is likely to corrupt the ethical restraints that are the very first lesson to learn on the eightfold path. That “power corrupts” is an unavoidable truth in human affairs, and the consequences of the fall in this case are profound because the goal of achieving enlightenment, which requires far more discipline than simply developing clairvoyance, is lost. Even if one does not personally identify with an attained siddhi, and instead attributes it to one’s teacher or a particular lineage, the damage is done.

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
December 23, 2018, 09:18:54 PM
Hi, little fella.  Smiley Keep on plunking away. It's fun, isn't it.

Actually, you are wrong again.  You've forgotten I'm no longer trying to educate you. You turned out to be too dense to learn, remember?

There can't be any proof for or against the imagination.

If you ever manage to come up with a single one, you will unite humankind under a single belief.

I estimate you'll need a few more than 700 pages.  Maybe ten to that power?

ohm so vod you are an atheist then?

i am not sure.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
December 23, 2018, 09:01:23 PM
Not to defend his beliefs or to attack an atheist’s beliefs.

I simply wonder why most people are not agnostic.
I have been around the block more then a few times and it is more honest for me to say I don’t know. So I simply let it be.

Most people are agnostic, I guess you could say most atheists are atheists really only against the bible since you can actually prove it's horseshit.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
December 23, 2018, 05:17:38 PM
Not to defend his beliefs or to attack an atheist’s beliefs.

I simply wonder why most people are not agnostic.
I have been around the block more then a few times and it is more honest for me to say I don’t know. So I simply let it be.
December 23, 2018, 08:18:28 AM

Actually, you are wrong again.  You've forgotten I'm no longer trying to educate you. You turned out to be too dense to learn, remember?

If you ever manage to come up with a single one, you will unite humankind under a single belief.

Well, he believes the more copies there are the more real it is, perhaps he thinks the same about posts, if he makes 10k posts saying the exact same delusional things, it makes it true.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
December 23, 2018, 04:08:36 AM

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 22, 2018, 07:24:46 PM

Yet, Bible copies are way beyond copies of these other books. Even the Book of Mormon, which LDS people give away, falls way behind the bible. God is promoting this of the Bible.

You call God-believers idiots. Even God calls believers those of lower intelligence most of the time. He says that it is the intelligent that don't come to Him. Here is the stickler. How intelligent is a dead person? So, all people become equally intelligent in death.

Who are saved? The lower intelligent believers, not the higher intelligent unbelievers. Why not the those of higher intelligence? Because they are way below God in intelligence. And God holds salvation open to all who believe in His son, Jesus the Christ, for salvation.

Cool

but mah book is real because mah book has more copies hurr durr!

You are up to a new low, pun intended.

Yeah, I know. It hurts when your boss won't let you in on the biggest thing that's happening in all of creation... salvation.

Cool
legendary
December 22, 2018, 07:23:14 PM
God is promoting this of the Bible.

It better hire a new PR person then...

Your god is promoting the bible, yet other gods are dissing it.   

People believe the other gods, as you can see by the rapidly falling attendance in your church / bible worship.

Again, pick a new god.

Hi, little fella.  Smiley Keep on plunking away. It's fun, isn't it.

Cool
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
December 22, 2018, 05:16:48 PM
God is promoting this of the Bible.

It better hire a new PR person then...

Your god is promoting the bible, yet other gods are dissing it.   

People believe the other gods, as you can see by the rapidly falling attendance in your church / bible worship.

Again, pick a new god.
December 22, 2018, 05:09:19 PM

That's not the point. To say it better... One of the ways that shows the strength of the Bible, and that God is showing HIS strength through it, is the miraculous way the abnormally high numbers of it have come about. That way is that people have been touched by God through the Bible wording, as they read, so that they promote the Bible for salvation of souls.

And I want to thank you for showing this. What I mean is, the Bible is touching you so strongly (whether you realize it or not) that you feel compelled to answer deceptively, attempting to break down the invincible truth of the Bible. After all, if you didn't think that the Bible was a threat to you (even if such thinking is only subconscious), you would turn and believe, rather than speak so deceptively.

Cool

''That's not the point. To say it better... One of the ways that shows the strength of the Bible, and that God is showing HIS strength through it, is the miraculous way the abnormally high numbers of it have come about. '' What's miraculous about a lot of copies in thousands of years? Miraculous would be if any bible was instantly translated to your language just by looking at it. Stop saying stupid shit.

Stop playing stupid. You know that the number of copies is only the reflection of why the copies were made. Why were they made? Because people have faith in God to go out and spread the Word of God to the world. This is the strongest motivation to spread any book... love of people, and the desire for salvation for them. It's a God-made motivation.

Cool

Hmm, yes lol, the copies were made because the idiots believed god existed, I don't see how that proves what the bible says it's real. The quran and other books have a ton of copies as well, you obviously do not believe those, why do you think those have a lot of copies?

Yet, Bible copies are way beyond copies of these other books. Even the Book of Mormon, which LDS people give away, falls way behind the bible. God is promoting this of the Bible.

You call God-believers idiots. Even God calls believers those of lower intelligence most of the time. He says that it is the intelligent that don't come to Him. Here is the stickler. How intelligent is a dead person? So, all people become equally intelligent in death.

Who are saved? The lower intelligent believers, not the higher intelligent unbelievers. Why not the those of higher intelligence? Because they are way below God in intelligence. And God holds salvation open to all who believe in His son, Jesus the Christ, for salvation.

Cool

but mah book is real because mah book has more copies hurr durr!

You are up to a new low, pun intended.
legendary
December 22, 2018, 04:59:13 PM

That's not the point. To say it better... One of the ways that shows the strength of the Bible, and that God is showing HIS strength through it, is the miraculous way the abnormally high numbers of it have come about. That way is that people have been touched by God through the Bible wording, as they read, so that they promote the Bible for salvation of souls.

And I want to thank you for showing this. What I mean is, the Bible is touching you so strongly (whether you realize it or not) that you feel compelled to answer deceptively, attempting to break down the invincible truth of the Bible. After all, if you didn't think that the Bible was a threat to you (even if such thinking is only subconscious), you would turn and believe, rather than speak so deceptively.

Cool

''That's not the point. To say it better... One of the ways that shows the strength of the Bible, and that God is showing HIS strength through it, is the miraculous way the abnormally high numbers of it have come about. '' What's miraculous about a lot of copies in thousands of years? Miraculous would be if any bible was instantly translated to your language just by looking at it. Stop saying stupid shit.

Stop playing stupid. You know that the number of copies is only the reflection of why the copies were made. Why were they made? Because people have faith in God to go out and spread the Word of God to the world. This is the strongest motivation to spread any book... love of people, and the desire for salvation for them. It's a God-made motivation.

Cool

Hmm, yes lol, the copies were made because the idiots believed god existed, I don't see how that proves what the bible says it's real. The quran and other books have a ton of copies as well, you obviously do not believe those, why do you think those have a lot of copies?

Cool
December 22, 2018, 04:33:22 PM

Cool

Cool

legendary
December 22, 2018, 04:12:26 PM

Cool

Cool
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 22, 2018, 07:46:16 AM
yes God is exist...
December 22, 2018, 06:28:09 AM

Harry potter sold 500 million copies, therefore it must be true.

Harry Potter is all about making money for the author. The Bible is being distributed for free to the tune of millions, because the truth is in it, and people can see this.

Cool

How do you know the bible wasn't and isn't about making money? Are they not selling bibles? Are they giving them all for free? Yeah.. I thought so genius.

And let's not get too far away from your flawed argument of 1 god and not multiple :^)

You really are behind the times, aren't you. The Gideons have been placing Bibles in hotels and motels, for free, for decades.

I haven't presented any arguments; only points. So how would you know if I have flawed arguments or not? So, are your flawed arguments points?

Cool

''The Gideons have been placing Bibles in hotels and motels, for free, for decades.'' OH SHIT, then everything the bible says must be true.

Your argument is literally: ''the bible is true because it has a lot of copies''

Cool

legendary
December 22, 2018, 01:37:07 AM

Harry Potter is all about making money for the author. The Bible is being distributed for free to the tune of millions, because the truth is in it, and people can see this.

Cool

Please correct this.

Some bibles are sold for cash not given away.

Amazon has more then 100000 bibles for sale.

Amazon Bibles, many of which will be purchased from Amazon, and given away free to others.

The Bible says in several places that people are supposed to paid for their labor. This includes making Bibles.

Many Bibles are sold for their ornamentation... not for the value of what is written therein.

Many Bibles are sold as collectors items, because of their great antiquity... like at The Bible Museum in Goodyear, Arizona.

This shows you how valuable the Bible is. Not only is it saving the souls of people, but it has other value, as well.

Matthew 19:29:
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Mark 10:29,30:
“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life.

So you see? Jesus, Himself, shows that there will be payment from God for sharing the Word of God. But what are you going to pay me for showing this to you? If I give you my Bitcoin address, will you send me a satoshi?

The Apostle Paul speaking in 1 Corinthians 9:12-18:
12If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more?

But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

13Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar? 14In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

15But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast. 16For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! 17If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. 18What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.

Even so, there are multitudes of people in the Gideons and other Bible societies, like Faith Comes by Hearing, where they share audio Bibles with many nations - some that don't have a written language - based on donations of people who are touched by the Spirit of God to help spread the Bible for the saving of souls.

The few people who share science books for free, are nothing compared in numbers, with those who spread the Bible for free.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
December 22, 2018, 12:37:05 AM

Cool

Please correct this.

Some bibles are sold for cash not given away.

Amazon has more then 100000 bibles for sale.
legendary
December 21, 2018, 10:41:09 AM

Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz3EEqtcJME

Exactly to the point... your video^^^. It shows that you resist God working in your spirit, by making or using such a video.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: